>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

>Previous Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14692516
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

[Reply number] for based Germanon

Trying to decide between helm or bare head, I like both and I'm tempted to just magnetize or pin them

Helm is always better

Always helmet.

Although I like the progress I'm making, I really regret forgetting to get rid of the moldline. Dammit.

Tips for blued steel? I'm making a Fatesworn Warband and want steel armor with a faint blue tinge, like the example pic in the Everchosen book.

This guy is Leadbelcher, Vallejo Game Color Blue Wash, with a little Runefang Steel on the edges. From table distance it has the right kind of look, especially on the chainmail, but up close the blue wash looks weird.

What about undercoating with some sort of blue? I might be a retard, but I think that might work a little...

Happens to all of us. Paintjob look good tho

How about try to do some sort of glaze of blue if you want it to look stonger. Or try army painter blue tone, works pretty well.

Did you use a wash or a glaze? You could add more medium to make the effect more subtle.

A wash. VGC Blue, which is Drakenhof Nightshade equivalent.

Mainly I'm trying for a smooth blue tinge. The wash creates shadows, which from a distance gives it close to the right look, but on smooth surfaces it doesn't show up at all or it coffee-stains.

I may just grab some of my extra shields and test out various Kantor-Leadbelcher mixes as a basecoat until something looks right.

People who say "always helmet" are spergs and you shouldn't listen to them, but in this case the helmet does look better than that blatant hairesy

Carlos, I swear to god. One of these days.

posted in a thread in the other day while it was dying.

painted up these pathfinder's first 2 layers of khrone red / russ grey

first paint job ive done. used a wet pallete and tried to thing my paints. I think the red came out too thick in some places.

brushwork is so bad jesus fuck i dont understand how you guys make these masterpieces

halfway through i realized red guns look retarded. how to unfuck?

should I use leadbelcher/chaos black mixed together for the guns? i want them to look more gunny...if that makes sense.

for finishing this shit up im thinking averland sunset on the lenses and using a a dark brown on the doodads on the belt...any suggestions anons?

do i suck

another angle

I don't think you suck, user. I like them, they're certainly better than my pathfinders as of right now. As for the red gun problem: they'll almost certainly look better with some edge highlighting or washes. In my opinion, metallic doesn't quite work for Tau weapons.

Dont forget to reply to the poll

>strawpoll.me/14692516

To be clear, pic related is what I'm looking for.

Though that looks like they just painted drakenhof nightshade over leadbelcher which is what I did. Maybe I just need to accept that it'll look weird up close.

try using GW's Drakenhof nightshade. its a very deep, dark blue that contrasts well when put over metal, in my experience.

Trips decides my gsc color scheme

Haven't painted in a long time, so I'm having a little trouble making this pop. Jokaero orange with a recess shade of Fuegan so far I tried layering troll Slayer but I can't get a smooth coat with my ability (I've only ever painted dark colours before

Would edge highlites be my best bet now? (Yes I know it's messy I'll touch up later)

Fuck yes, finally!!
Hope you like it, my upside down brother.
The Khorne boys are originals btw, not recast, just put em in those baggies to protect em during transit!
Also, I need more timtams, slams are THE BEST

use that one you cuck and do vaporwave gsc like me

Green-pink-yellow

Up to you how you use them

see

Middlesbrough user, has your parcel arrived yet? Was posted out first class on the 22nd

>saw that there was another Manitobanon in a previous thread
s c a r e d

I finished painting all my relicblade. But I want to paint more fantasy things... Oh WIP, help.

Would it not be a good idea to paint the bases for my Sepulchral Guard skeletonguys as a sort of brown-ish desert-y base since I'm (of course) going for bone colors on them?

Look up Tomb Kings, will look wicked.

Thanks. Can't believe I didn't remember those existed and how nice they look.

I'm really interested in getting started in painting some Warhammer 40K miniatures and playing some games with them once I have enough.
How should I go about starting this? In terms of good starting models, paints, brushes, etc. I only have about $100AUD to spare and plan on doing nothing too fancy, maybe a Destroyers Chapter paint job if possible.

Rolling for hospital theme. Light green, white, blue... whatever makes them look like medical personel.

Did Santa user mention any date when we can start mailing him to costact our matches?
The only thing I saw was january.
Should we give it another week or so?
Im talking about wave 1.

Asking for trips you needy bitch? What do you think this is?

Paint them scuba men with bright oranges and whites. Bonus points for painting your genestrealers as coral reef fish and making them mad colorful.

Where my scion bros at?
Just got done building these 5, still not sure what color scheme I should use.

This isnt 40kg you dont ask for trips or dubs in WIP thread. Get out

STARS AND STRIPES

The good thing is, you won't need many paints. A black and a white brush on primer can help you out a lot here. Prime white the yellow parts and black the rest. Keep them separated, especially the arms on a SM since they make the rest of the body hard to reach.

After that, it's just a case of following Duncan's tutorials on Black Templars/Imperial fists in order to paint black and yellow.

You did watch the tutorials right?

Kudos for the original chapter btw.

Black / gold

Neat conversion. Sauce?

Looks like he used Anvil Industry bits.

Hello there

Dude, finish the model and paint the fucking thing. We've waited long enough.

I like the flesh. I think the facial expression adds more to this model.

Just picked up a Veridyan from GW mail-order...

This resin holds detail worse than the 1982 GW lead Orcs I have.

Like this. Black armour, gold trim, dark leather.

need to acquire brouzouf rising

Stop replying to trip-dub whores that only clogs up the thread.

Fucking love this N7 colour scheme.

It is valkyria chronicles

N7? I assumed it was from Valkyria Chronicles

Remember that /ss/ is about giving not recieving

I have strong assosiation with these white/red stripes.

Anyone tried to make fluffy models like Hyperion bladebreaker and squad castian, or any other novel character?

I'm assuming the first week of January. Think he mails the 'senders' first, just to check that they haven't 'forgotten'.

stop posting this shit. This isnt dakkablog

They look great user!.

This is /WIP/

Keep posting.

>Stop posting WIPs in /wip/
Are you that autist who sperged out about someone asking questions in /40kg/?

The horde will grow larger.

Only about 90 more zombies/skellies to go. And then to actually paint all of this.

Jesus christ.

Howdy /wip/.
I was thinking about painting up some spirit hosts to make some kind of smoke daemon for a dark mechanicum force. Are there any good tutorials for painting smoke?

grey, pink, brown

First Claw from ADB's NL books got tons of fan made model. Hell, Sevatar got his model from FW before many others.

Make 'em look like the space jockey from aliens.

Green bases were a winning decision.

I dread thinking about the cost of the last few models I'd like for this merry retinue, though.

Damn user... good luck with that. How are you planning on doing them? Groups of 5?

Love it, user. Do you have a particular system in mind with that warband?

Yeah. Small groups might be the smartest choice.

Warhammer skirmish (the one in the 6e core book), though I'm sure they'd work for games like song of blades and heroes or frostgrave as well.

I doubt I'll play with them much, it's more an excuse to finally paint a bunch of perry bretonnians.

Anyone want to help me identify the legs that were used in this conversion? I did a bit of searching on google but couldn't find a thread. My guess is that they're Ghostkeel legs.

Screamer pink, wagh flesh, Tamyia silver

yo if there's a crimson industry in Arizona, your shits on its way

looks like the redemptor's legs but upside down and less of the outer casing on them.

Really? There's the reverse join in the leg that I didn't think redemptors had.

My first ever attempt at scenic bases. I'm only aiming for tabletop quality, but I'd love some feedback.

My method is:

>PVA glue two different kinds (grades? fineness?) of sand.
>Black Spray Primer
>Skavenblight Dinge
>Baneblade Brown drybrush
>Agrax Earthshade
>Ushabti Bone drybrush
>Seraphim Sepia
>Ushabti Bone very dry drybrush
>Offbrand Static Grass over random PVA glue splotches

Am I going too many steps for not enough result? Is this look even worth pursuing further, or should I try a different aesthetic entirely?

>different grades of sand.
Can't really tell from the picture. I use pieces of cork for bigger rocks. Or you could use tiny pieces of slate or just something even rougher.. You can get useful stuff as ballast for railroad modeling.

>7 steps pf painting
This it total overkill.
You prime black then base brown and maybe do two steps of drybrushing after that. A heavy drybrush of your medium brown and a light drybrush of your highlight.
I also find that using washes on sanded bases kind of washes out the texture somewhat. The texture paints that GW sell are super fine. It's like basing with plaster or something, so when the washes pool on there it gives some interesting color variation. I found that if you wash sanded bases it just settles between the sand and gives you a harsh cutoff where the wash has pooled. Drybrushing is gonna give you smoother color transitions here. You could however add splotches of discolorations with washes, I just wouldn't do it all over the base.

>>Offbrand Static Grass over random PVA glue splotches
application looks alright, but in the pic it kind of looks a bit low contrast. I'd try either darker grass if you do the bases very bright or leaving the bases a bit darker if your grass is that bright. Could just be the pic though.
>Am I going too many steps for not enough result? Is this look even worth pursuing further, or should I try a different aesthetic entirely?
It's definitely worth pursuing. Bases set the scene and can thematically frame your army.

If I had to suggest a few things to try it would be to cut down on the steps of painting you use, cause doing 7 passes on the bases for an entire army can be a bit daunting. Limit it to 3 passes for the ground + another one to pick out some big rocks or something to add detail here and there IF you have that on the base.
Imo also very important: paint the rims on the bases with a brown or black to finish them up. Adds a lot to the final result.

Thanks for all the advice. I'll adapt my technique for my next round of bases.

I found a bunch of shit at my parents ober the holidays I plan on taking back with me. These orcs were given to me by a friend long ago, so I take no blame for the paintjob.

I'm pretty sure I just primed right over the paintjob in the black orc and hes looking pretty thicc.

Is this stuff salvageable? Can you strip primer over paint and the paint and possibly primer underneath?

While the subject is bases, how the hell do you paint the concrete/stone on the GW Sector Imperialis bases and not have them look like absolute shit?

depending on what country you're in, it's pretty easy to strip models - if you tell us what country you're in we can tell you what supermarket brand cleaning product will do the job.

Definitely. Just let them soak in Simple Green for a day or two and then take an old toothbrush to them. Should do the trick.

First time ever painting a figure, and first time painting anything since grade school.
How badly did I fuck up?

t h i n

Quite badly, but that's okay on your first time. Advice:
- Thin yer paints
- Get some washes
- Paint something that isn't Space Marines, to do them well you really need to hard-edge which isn't a beginner technique
- Look into drybrushing, it and washes are great for beginners trying to achieve a solid tabletop standard
- Thin yer paints
Better brush control that most first-timers though, keep at it.

Watch some Duncan.

200 THIN COATS OF PAIN

Right on, I'm in Canada for the record.

I've got about a dozen really bad orcs to strip, and a 5 man squad of marines of differing levels of paintjobs I might as well re-do. Along with some random dudes here and there...

Heres an example of some mini's just to laugh at.

Can this be a new meme?

Not from last thread but I'm from Winnipeg

I'm also from Winnipeg, and I'm not the guy you're replying to.

...is that a really fucking good paint job, or is that thing actually fucking chromed?

I did my bases using greens and they turned out alright imo

I like that. Please explain your technique.

>aaaaaaaaaaaaagh

I like the one guy no-scoping noobs

Horizon Chrome Non-metallic metal, a rather advanced form of NMM painting, but still a normal bit of paint, no chrome needed.

What kit is this?