>tfw when too pure for this world edition
Op escape the flaying knives sub-edition
>30k short
youtube.com/watch?v=medYpKTrBAQ [Open]
>New rulebook link
mediafire.com/file/mmr4e1yy7fnyxgy/HH_Rule_Book.epub
>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

psv4.userapi.com/c834603/u86451882/docs/d3/c4a47af836b3/The-Board-is-Set.epub
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Op cannot into english sub-sub-edition

Last thread :

I'm starting an army of Ultrafriends, what do I need to know before I jump In?

Everything's in the tactics if you want a complete explanation
General advice is ultramarines benefit from small unit size and are generaly good at everything. They're surprisingly good at melee due to the exellent suzerain squad

the epub for the new rulebook is fucked up

no your epub reader is fucked up. use Readium instead.

what said, with Readium it is nearly flawless (some spacing problems in the title sized fonts).

Wait, so is that 30k short set on Calth? I thought that planet only got fucked in the ass by Erebus and pals

Would be rad if its set on Armatura or Nuceria, but I guess it will be some bumfuck OC planet far away from the Primarchs for the sake of viewers not knowing the outcome

Starting 30k with a friend we getting the Prospero set. Should I go with talons or Thousand sons

I believe it's Armatura, because there is World Eaters and Word Bearers together when Calth was WB only

I'm getting back into painting and assembling my TS force. Here's my draft for tournament play, thoughts?

Magnus and the HQs go together and deep strike.

The veterans, other Sekhmet and the Castellax start on the board. The javelins and Lightning are in reserve.

I plan on doing a separate force for normal/non-WAAC, before anyone mentions Sekh/Vet/Magnus.

How are people with proxying in HH? I know a lot of it is to show off resin crack from forgeworld but would anyone think it's suss to use chaos cultists as Adsecularis in a traitor mechanicum force?

Give them proper weapons and make them look more like servitors.

At least put some effort with a bit of greenstuff, maybe give them a backpack of sorts, and a different weapon.

cORRECT

You don't have to go Thousand Sons, you can paint the generic units as any legion. But Ahriman is a Thousand Sons HQ, unless you put some solid conversion effort into him.

I'd rather recommend buying Betrayal at Calth, since you and your friend both get a decent starter force of the legions and can expand from there. The two HQs are generic too.

Unless you and your friend really wants to play Talons and Thousand Sons.

*Kills your primarch*
Nothing personal kid

What do the coloured stripes at the top of the HH novel pockets mean?

Pls, don't bring up this can of worms again.

>implying you could drop him
0/10 worst numbered mistake

So it's unknown. Good job, BL

>‘Then I will assist you.’ Revelation reached into the game box and His fingers reappeared holding a new piece, one never seen before. It was shaped like a jester of the most ancient days, complete with gormless expression. Real, tiny cap-bells tinkled as Revelation shook it. ‘This is you, Malcador. The Fool. I have used you for millennia to suit my own purposes and before the end I will discard you without a second thought.’

Isn't this the greatest interaction between these two?

Source?

The Board is set, Horus Heresy short story by Gav Thorpe

From the Advent calendar right? Has it been shared?

How monopose are pic-related. I just wanna do a quick head swap for one of the IW set and was wondering if that's gonna be easy or a pain in the ass.

Head swaps are never hard.

The bodies except arms are one big piece, but the heads are seperate on both of them. EggHeadMinatures.com has pictures of most or all of the bits if you want to look closer.

Really...

wtf

If I want to start a HH Imperial Fists army would the Betrayal at Calth box be the best way to start?

If you want MkIV and Cataphractii armours, yes. This goes for all Legions.

Big E bad dad bad friend XDDDDDDDDDD

you're a big lad

Awesome, Thanks man

It all depends on what list you're going for. But it's a good starting point yes.

>‘You exist only to further my ambitions, a callous on the toe of history and nothing more,’ said Revelation, not making the slightest sign that He had even listened to what Malcador had said. ‘You are just an invisible, nondescript foundation stone in the edifice that will be my undying glory. I have lied to you from the very first moment, and all that you believe of me, of the universe and mankind’s part in it, is fiction. I have manipulated you, abused you and I will toss you away without a single shred of care. One of my legionaries has more consideration for a bolt that he fires than I do for you, Malcador.’

Lel, so emps don't give a fuck anymore

Why does emps has to be such a massive autistic asscunt? You know, having alpha+ psyker at your disposal is pretty nifty instead of just fucking him bareback.

Why are Emps and Malcador wasting time playing YuGiOh when Horus is hours away from kicking their door down?

I'm assuming they're doing it through psychic powers (The Emperor does it several time in MoM), and basically no time passes when they do that.

I miss the days when Emps bro'd it up with Horus, drank with Russ and wasn't a total douche. Making him a wanker kind of ruins the final battle with Horus somewhat.

Nufluff really is worse. Though his humanizing moment with Corax in Deliverance Lost is a nice piece, even it it only makes the Emperor's character even more convoluted when you put it next to the rest of nufluff.

This is the point. He's now an inconsistent character. How can they align the Emperor as we've seen him in the last few appearances with the one who held back against his son because he believed he wasn't truly lost? Why would this guy care when a guardsmen/marine/custode get obliterated?

Rolled 11 (1d20)

FOUR

Rolled 1 (1d20)

ROLLS FOR

(FIRST ROLL DISCARDED)

Rolled 2 (1d20)

>2nd Legion
>ERROR #CDIV file not found
>11th Legion
>-CENSORED- by Imperial decree
What does this mean?

Rolled 15 (1d20)

GODS

(THIRD ROLL DISCARDED)

Rolled 2 (1d20)

Probably means IInd was -REDACTED- so hard not even their -REDACTION- was recorded.

your legion tactics and rites of war are mediocre but your characters and special units are some of the best in the game

Rolled 19 (1d20)

The First it is then!

Rolled 3 (1d4)

Rolled 2 (1d5)

Rerolling. Not a huge Death Guard fan

Rolled 9 (1d20)

Rolled 17 (1d20)

rolling

What would happen if the 30k series was competently written, from a fluff standpoint?

Rolled 5 (1d20)

NL please

It would be better, but I liked the mystery from not knowing exactly what happened

We would get retards that would ask "What would happen if the 30k series was completely written, from a crunch standpoint?"

Power armour only protects 66% of the time.

Autism

It's all end in a very touching way though.

>‘I win…’ croaked the Sigillite, but as he returned his attention to the board to place the King of Hearts, there was another piece occupying the space he had to take.
The Fool.
‘In ancient days, the Fool could say anything to anyone – in theory, at least,’ Revelation said. He smiled and warmth flooded through Malcador to see the expression, but then both the smile and his moment of hope faded. ‘It was the Fool’s task to remind kings and queens that they were mortal, and weak, and not above any other. In the parlance of a later time they existed to speak truth to power, to defy authority and, most importantly, puncture tyranny.’

Do you have the epub you could upload, sir?

psv4.userapi.com/c834603/u86451882/docs/d3/c4a47af836b3/The-Board-is-Set.epub

>psv4.userapi.com/c834603/u86451882/docs/d3/c4a47af836b3/The-Board-is-Set.epub

Page lost in warp, Inquisitor!

Having read more of the story now, it seems the Emperor was intentionally riling up Malcador so he could get his mindset more in line with Horus. I.e user using quotes out of context.

To quote some faggot from le reddit :^)
>This was not the unreliable narrator bullshit. This short was a tasty trailer of what we will see in the Battle of Terra. Namely, a confrontation between Sanguinius and Angron. The Khan will abandon his position together with Dorne to protect the people suffering. The Traitor Primarchs will fight among each other.

Yes, it also quite amusing seeing how each primarchs represent by each pieces.

Probably just the Emperor manipulating his emotions again. Sociopaths tend to do that.

I think 30k staying with 7th is dumb but I hold a large exception for Zone Mortalis, which is the apex of 3rd-7th edition gameplay.

Sorry bud, its ded I'm afraid.

Well as Laurie put it, what makes you think that Bill King short story will remain the description of the final battle at all?

Redpill me on Ravenwing Protocol, /hhg/. It seems super sweet.

>you can't trust old lore, it's no longer canon, replaced by current lore
>you can't trust current lore, it's no longer canon, replaced by future lore

I love this man. More franchises need this levels of autism at their helm.

You will love LoL now. He's running that deep and immersive MOBA lore we all love and cherish.

Thank you Goldberg!

>covenant of death

I'm aware of it. I am already playing Dark Angels, I just don't know which -wing I want to dedicate the most to.

Do you have this quote? I need to hear it from the horse's mouth.

Rolled 12 (1d20)

Might explain why I enjoy donating blood so much.

Rolled 4 (1d20)

Is Solar Auxilia a dick move, or a welcome break from constant marines?

Solar Auxilia are cool and severely underplayed.

I don't think there is a lot of Solar Aux, so go for it. I'm building an allied detachment myself, because the models are amazing.

Opinions on all the minor armies? I'm thinking of branching out since I'm getting bored with painting Bolter boys, but my club doesn't have any one who plays the side armies for me to judge.

Semi-related, there's also this from one of the novel afterwords. If that really was the original aim of the BL series, then it's not really a surprise the novels have ended up the way they are.

Would you say they're "subverting expectations"?

If nothing else they have at least subverted my expectations.

I wanna run Blackshields but play them as Orphans of War and potentially start them as an allied force.

Does anyone here have any experience running them? I’d like to try my hand at one of the less popular armies.

For Alan Bligh, we remember. Keep on keeping on /30k/.

Rolled 17 (1d20)

It is. The monetary cost is bitter though.

My entire playgroup is using recasters so that cuts down the cost quite a lot, I am just debating what I want to work towards while waiting for Angelus to release.

What was the big-ass trident-shaped ship that Lorgar used to breath Calth's defenses, a Glorianna was it?

Are we being trolled?

Anyone here play Alpha Legion i have Autilon Skorr 5 lernean terminators 40 marines with extra ccw 3 rhinos 3 sicaran battle tanks and a contemptor dred what should i add anyone got strategy advice i have been getting my shit pushed in mostly though i did beat my local night lord player by way of Alpha Legion fuckery

Wow, smug fucker.