/kdm/ Kingdom Death: Monster (KD:M)

An actual thread edition. Updated some things, added that it may take 20 sessions maximum (due to an older version of the game).
Also reminder Flower Knight breaks games, house rule that bow behind lvl 2 or 3.

Naughty this year and received a lantern halberd through the skull for Christmas >What is Kingdom Death: Monster?
Monster is a board game about surviving in the darkness. You play a bunch of cavemen stuck inside the world of the Kingdom Death, a setting full of freaky (and sometimes psycho-sexual) monsters. The current version is 1.5.

Prologue Narration: youtu.be/FNLc8dHv0Ac

This game has 3 phases.
1. You hunt down monsters for resources
2. Fight them
3. Return to your settlement with the goods
Your goal is to arm your survivors and grow your settlement over 20-30 'lantern years', overcoming the odds that are against you.

A maximum of 20-30 sessions are expected for a successful campaign. Shorter campaigns will be available in 2019-2020.

>tl;dr
It's basically Warhammer Quest meets Monster Hunter meets Berserk.

>Official Sites
kingdomdeath.com/
twitter.com/kingdomdeath

>1.5 Rulebook photographs (yet to be scanned)
sendspace.com/file/gcd7jz

>Official FAQ and Living Glossary
kingdomdeath.com/faq/
kingdomdeath.com/wp/living-glossary/

>Other
Official build guides: build.kingdomdeath.com/
Upgrade 1.3 to 1.5 guide: kingdomdeath.com/wp/upgrade-to-1-5-edition/
Unofficial lore and miniature build guides: vibrantlantern.com/
ART OF DEATH artbook: kingdomdeath.com/downloads/kdm-artbook-web-high.zip
1.5 Core Game and 1.3 expansion miniature info image: i.imgur.com/t0clW3a.jpg
Gambler's Chest (coming in 2nd half of 2018) miniature info image: i.imgur.com/A64r2Ar.jpg

>Thread FAQ (Last updated 28th of December)
pastebin.com/raw/Z0rQG2UQ

p.s. obligatory hope scanon had a nice Christmas.

what the best kind of glue?

Hot one.

Superglue if you're an amateur so you can recover from mistakes. Plastic cement/glue for experienced people.

thanks

What is this guy planning with these weapons of mass destruction?

She sells them on her Etsy. I have one, they are really nice. Pretty heavy and smooth.

For the wave 2 reprints, what do you think the Nemesis will give free weapon proficiency in? I'm thinking Lion Knight will give Katar XP, Slenderman Whips, but at loss for the others.

None, the xpacs aren't being updated.

But for funsies I'd say Manhunter for dagger of grand weapon.

Honestly, what I think they should have done, Manhunter gives Fist and Tooth, but The Hand gives sword Proficiency.

Then Whips for Slender, and Katars for Lion Knight.

It isn't beyond the realm of possibilities for the Gamblers Chest Advanced Rulebooks to update showdown pages for xpac Monsters and Nemesis.

In fact I recall it being said that Spidicules and Lonely tree were for sure getting reworks.

Not even the farting arts?

Got a picture? How big are they and what are they made of?

They are made from Resin.

I'm super excited, i have a bunch of new players I just put together the minis up to butcher for 1.5, and this will be my first time playing since 1.5 shipped.

What's the advantage of going SotF, Cannibalize, Accept Darkness, Barbaric instead of the other paths, it seems to me that through endeavors you can make a cast of characters who's are, for the most part, powerful enough to be a good match to the watcher fight and the bonus you get immediately from the mentioned principles don't stack up well enough to matter in the long run.

SotF, since it now gives Evasion and a lifetime re-roll, is in my opinion straight up better. You will have more successful hunts, which means less deaths.

I think Graves is still better than Cannibalism, but that one can be a toss up. The extra resource can help gear your settlement faster.

Accept Darkness is nice because it means Brain Trauma cannot kill you.

Barbaric gives you higher Survival Limit, and Strength. The alternative adds Bone Witch. Easy choice.

Bone witch isn't even bad, unless you're trying to kit out some unkillable protagonist survivors.

I find the choice of FA more than worth it desu but to each his own.

FA?

Fighting arts
Romantic makes dudes a bit more customizable

Played for the First time on tabletop simulator.
No kills in the prologue Lion and rolled 10 survivors on the settlement.
Used a love potion And got survival of the fitness plus embrace the darkness.
Am I doing anything wrong?
Later an enraged Lion from the cub event fucked me up but i Still have 13 survivors.

>Survival of the Fitness

Nope. You are on it.

are you playing alone?
I want to try playing on tabletop sim with a couple of people over teamspeak or something.
also general invitation to others that might need someone.

You're probably best joining the Leddit discord to find TTS members. Sad news is you need to be verified to have an account to see the TTS channels, IIRC.

Newfag here: so they do limited runs, but do they only do one-off runs or repeat them from time to time? I dig the knight on pic but I'm strapped for cash for now.

They do a numbered first run, and then occasionally do "encore" runs, which are not numbered.
There is however no set schedule for the encore runs.

As for the Flower Knight in the OP, once the reprint of the expansions goes live, you can also grab the plastic expansion version, rather than wait for a resin encore run.