Tribal edition!

>To make cards, download MSE for free from here:
magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
>OR
>Mobile users might have an easier time signing up here:
mtg.design/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Color Pie mechanics
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/mechanical-color-pie-2017-2017-06-05

>Read this before you post cards for the first time, or as a refresher for returning cardmakers
docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Primer: NWO and Redflagging
mtgsalvation.com/forums/community-forums/creativity/custom-card-creation/578926-primer-nwo-redflagging

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources
artstation.com/
drawcrowd.com/
fantasygallery.net/
grognard.booru.org/
fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT:

In case you need to pick out a tribe.

Rolled 183 (1d238)

I'm annoyed that you didn't use my suggestion, but not enough to quit these threads

I still don't understand what you wanted, or what it means.

Rolled 236 (1d238)

Sure why not

As in 'Post stuff that may or may not be a reference to something.'

Like this may or may not be a reference to a thought experiment about a robot that turns everything into paperclips.

Oh look. /pol/ is even in this thread.
Can you guys leave mtg alone?

W-what?

not that guy, but I'm guessing it's an 'angry white(as in fur color) guy' joke

ha ha ha you so funny

I think WU might be a better cost.

Because simultaneously fuck being mana screwed, AND being mana flooded!

It's alright. I imagine that Anticipate would be better in most cases

Change "type" to "kind" (see Abundance). And I think it would be better to just put the other cards on the bottom in a random order rather than exile.

I realize it's really odd to have a GU card mention Bats, but another user pointed out the mechanics of the card seem far more GU than BG (which the card was previously).

Sorry, don't get the reference. Anyway, the end step ability should be
>At the beginning of your end step, sacrifice a nontoken permanent. Create X 1/1 colorless Servo artifact creature tokens, where X is the sacrificed permanent's converted mana cost.
Card seems cool overall. Not sure on cost though, always hard to judge with downsides that also have upsides.

Check these out. I didn't bother attempting a stand mechanic, Im sure its been done, only wanted to make an attempt giving them relevant abilities.

For those who know nothing about JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, these guys are supposed to be busted. Might have the phrasing wrong with some of them though. Would you play any of these in commander?

>stand mechanic
They are called auras.

What said.

I imagine it would be something like bestow, only they can attack while attached to a creature. But for me to include that keyword in the card I'd lose all the room to given them broken 8 line abilities so...

>something like bestow
Bestow either let you cast a creature, or have an aura turn into a creature after the enchanted creature dies, and both of those doesn't really have anything to do with stands. Stands don't walk on their own, or attacks after their owner dies.

Invocation of Saint Traft is miles closer to a stand than bestow, or a bestow that is also a creature, and within the rules of the game too.

>"Use Auras."
>"How about Bestow?"
>"???"

Decided to just simplify the abilities here and make the similarities between the two cards much more obvious. I understand if I need to change costs, the idea has changed quite a bit from the beginning and I haven't always made the right changes to costing in the past.

>Invocation of Saint Traft
Yeah thats pretty good, but they all have different abilities that wouldnt fit in one card. I was thinking something like haunt, except instead they die if they creature theyre haunting dies plus they can attack themselves. Still though, itd be a big keyword that would be taking up room. Not that it matters.

Some cards for my noir/mystery set. Art pending.

You keep wanting to make them creatures that can attack and block, but most of the stands weren't actually strong physically, they just had their gimmicks. Making them into auras with a lore-relevant ability would be the best way to do it.

Also, only some of the stands were "separate" from its user, most of the users would suffer the same damage the stand suffers, so having them be completely different creatures only works for some of them.

>Deny
Honestly surprised this name isn't taken. Anyway, I strongly recommend this should just counter, not exile. And change "it's" to "its". "its" is a possessive, in this case referring to the controller of the spell. "it's" is a contraction of "it is" which makes no sense here.

>Deja Vu
This should either be U with a R Flashback, or the other way around. And you need to assign the Flashback cost. And... Oh, let me just give you the correct wording.
>Target instant or sorcery card in your graveyard gains flashback until end of turn. The flashback cost is equal to its mana cost.

>Grisly End
>As an additional cost to cast ~, sacrifice a creature.
>~ deals damage equal to the sacrificed creature's power to target creature or player.

>Up in Arms
Eh, not sure on Arm as a keyword.

The rest seem fine on first glance.

As for the Deja Vu, UB is always a tricky combination because U and B have the least mechanical overlap among all color pairings, including even enemy pairs. It's why Wizards has never been able to make an evergreen keyword for the pair. Anyway, you could always just make it mill.

Playing about with a red version of Future Sight (In a Looting vs Rummaging sense, where the blue version is more widely useful but the red one is cheaper and can run into issues, in this case hitting a card type it can't actually play). Elemental is flavor/the fact that basically every time red gets 'High attack haste you sac at the end of turn' it's an elemental (Hellspark, Arc Runner, Ball Lightning, Blistering Firecat, Hell's Thunder, etc)

>arguably better snap caster at common
what are you doing famicon.

Besides that these all feel fine, tho mana leak in W feels a little pushed but not unfair. You could cut the cost for both by 1 if you made it a force spike/mana tiethe.

>what are you doing famicon.
I'll take responsibility for that. It only occurred to me later that that effect probably wouldn't fit at common.

Anyway, Reclaimed Wilds could probably be 1G, in comparison to Nature's Lore.

Add
>Reveal ~ from your hand
To the activation cost.

Changed it to a sorcery that returns an instant from your graveyard to your hand.

>1 mana
>draw three cards
>red

No.

Just change it so it's like Avarax, so you can't use him to have a discard outlet.

Eh, just seems like a weak gimmick. Not sure why it's legendary either way.

I'm sure this is secretly busted. Whatever

Explain to a brainlet what this is doing exactly?

flash+can't be countered by most counterspells

This is pretty cool, but I feel like it's a bit too good. Maybe have it make the player lose 2 life? Also "Good Intentions" would be typical name after the turn of phrase, but whichever. Technically there has to be more than one so you'd pluralize it anyway.

Have a weird card.

I guess it's OK, even if the first ability is basically trinket text. Assassin tokens reminds me of this card I did though.

Eh, I feel like being able to put this on creatures your opponents control makes it far too easy to manipulate in your favor. Just put it on some small weenie to get rid of all the big weenies they have. Or better yet, put it on a creature with Defender.

It was originally intended to be used on your opponents' creatures, but also useful on your own if you want. Basically, a WU control tool. Cards like it are hard to design though so I'm sure it's night impossible to appropriately cost.

Shining Spear WW
Artifact- Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/+1 and has first strike.
2WW: Create a 1/1 white Spirit Soldier creature token and attach ~ to it. Soldiers you control get +1/+1 until end of turn. Play this ability only once each turn.

Cackling Hag 2BB
Creature- Witch
2B, T: Put a Curse counter on target creature.
Creatures with curse counters on them are 1/1 black Rats with "Each other Rat you control gets +1/+1."
3/4

Madskull the Firebug 3RR
Legendary Creature- Goblin Shaman
Other goblins you control have "Whenever a creature named ~ deals combat damage to a player, this creature deals 1 damage to target creature or player."
3R: ~ gains double strike until end of turn.
4/4

And for the odd question... This is clearly for EDH, so should I weasel in more colors to make it more workable, or is monored fine? I know it's just smashing two ideas together, but they're fun ideas to smash together.

Pit King Vokst 3RR
Legendary Creature- Minotaur Warrior
Trample
Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, you may gain control of target artifact that player controls until ~ leaves the battlefield.
Noncreature artifacts you control are Equipment with "Equip 3" and "Equipped creature gets +X/+0, where X is this card's converted mana cost." in addition to their other types and abilities.
3/4

Cackling Hag is neat.

The artifact stealing on Vokst is definitely blue.

bump

Decided to change the tokens to Fish instead of more Atlanteans. Might actually change Aquaman's Atlantean type back to Merfolk. I'll have to wait until I see how the other Aquaman-related cards come out (eg. Mera, Aqualad).

Feels more U to me than W, since it combos well with T effects.

>Shining Spear
I dunno, I feel like this might do too much. It feels like it should just be an enchantment with no attaching. Also, no equip cost?

>Cackling Hag
Seems cool, but I'm not sure about seeing Polymorph in B.

>Madskull
I feel like there should be a better way to word this. Maybe
>Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, for each other Goblin creature you control, that creature deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
I'd drop the DStrike ability, just makes the whole thing too easy.

>Pit King Vokst
I recommend using the template from Bludgeon Brawl. Doesn't strike me as being very interesting though, sorry.

I like it! Nice set symbol too

Thanks!

You realize the mana generated by this won't be able to be used outside combat, right? For example, you can't use it to cast a sorcery during your postcombat main phase, because the mana will empty from your mana pool by then.

As for the abilities, they should have the discard bit as a cost.
>RRR, Discard a card: Draw a card.
>RRRRR, Discard two cards: Draw three cards.
>RRRRRRR, Discard your hand: Draw seven cards.

Yes, I'm aware. The mana's primarily intended to be used for the other abilities on the card. And fair enough, I'll change that.

At least give it deathtouch, assassins usually have a way to kill creatures, via destruction, -1/-1, or deathtouch.

You're a scag.

should be a 0/0 because tarzan is trash

This is specific enough that it could be monocolor and cheaper. Or have an additional bonus.

You're trash.

>t. kerchak

I'm not sure I get the flavor here at all. I'm not sure if it's referencing a specific scene from something or what so maybe that's what I'm missing.

I had an idea a few days ago.

I think it's still too powerful though.

It's rather pushed, and also very boring.

cute

remove the hybrid mana it doesn't do anything but make it gay

>it doesn't do anything
wut? It let's you choose between a 1/1 for 2 and a 4/4 for 4.

Or anything in between that.

>I can't read

Make this converge instead of sunburst (its a fixed sunburst basically anyway), but this is a very cute design. I like it.

Not him, but what's the point of making the change when they're so similar?

As a general rule:
2 mana walkers should be extremely focused on a specific strategy, and be completely useless out of that strategy, and only good when devoted to it. Not amazing mind you, but good.
A super generic burn walker isn't really fun or interesting at 2 mana. It's hard to make anything special or unique at that CMC that is fair.
The +1 is too strong. Really the only issue besides it's boring design.

>+1
user I made all his abilities negative

This guy is meant to essentially gain all prowess-like effects your other things have. Does this wording work?

There's no precedence so you're in entirely new territory.

Just the more modern upgrade. Its kind of like asking why hexproof instead of shroud or intimidate instead of menace imo.

why not just make it so he has all triggered abilities of permanents you control? Or maybe change it to “if casting a noncreature spell would trigger an ability of a permanent you control, that ability triggers twice instead” which seems to do functionally the same thing

>which seems to do functionally the same thing
For one, a second prowess trigger would buff the original creature and not Undar.

But why though? Both sprouting vines and summer bloom are more interesting and better designed cards.

Hexproof is mechanically distinct from Shroud, as is Menace from Intimidate.

Converge is a lot more flexible because it's an ability word, but the proposed use of Converge here would be identical to using Sunburst.

Perhaps technically different, but the point is they're used in the same places for the same purpose.