Have your players ever had slaves?

have your players ever had slaves?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serfdom
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My wizard once had a drug addled child as his familiar, does that count?

I owned a pair of cats for a while OOC.

A lot of my player-characters use forced labor from horses and mules.

One Exalted player seemed excited at the prospect of being able to have them, but it didn't happen.

A bit of a shame, since it could've been interesting to play out.

>frowningpigs.jpg

Is that so?

>players
Only in the bdsm sense and it never came up at the table.

Also, Rifts is pretty fun

5 posts in and no Sanguinarius?

Do cat boy traps count? If so then yes.

nope

I geased a giant lord and took a half dozen goblin servants as slaves, then proceeded to chain them to the mast of an airship for the occasional blood sacrifice. Sadly, the airship was soon attacked and they all died. Oh well.

Do red shirts count as slaves?

>sensiblechuckle.gif

I had a valet I paid and treated rather poorly.

I mostly play Neutral or Good aligned characters so no (one of them has a butler but he treats him okay and the dude's a free man), but I do plan to have some with my only Evil character to date, an infernal lineage sorceress. However my best memory with slaves in gaming is this.

>GM wants to make a fun shitty one-shot as a breather for our main PF campaign
>all decide to make disposable That Guy-tier characters for shit and giggles
>GM agrees and makes an equally retarded scenario
>make an alchemist with the homonculist archetype
>play him as an asshole Calvin Candy expy (think of him as a slave-owner tryhard gentleman making himself look cultured and refined by practicing very crude alchemy) from the River Kingdoms
>goes around with a leashed abomination that was once one his halfling plantation slave.
>GM and me spend a whole evening rolling mutations for "it" laughing our asses off from the over the top horror of it all
>game night comes
>whodunnit on a secluded island
>killed by a gargoyle
>paladin fucks my corpse in the ass
>boss resurrects me
>detonate all of my bombs at once, taking the paladin with me.

It was the weirdest shitshow of a game I ever played and the most shameful PC I ever made but it was lots of fun for everyone. Turns out our GM now plans to use those characters as stock mini-bosses for the main campaign.

Yes.

I once played a very high status noble in an L5R game. I had my peasant attendants carry me EVERYWHERE. As things tend to escalate in L5R campaigns played too close to a D&D plot, our mission sent us to the shadowlands.

My character passed within line of sight of the festering pit of Fu Leng, and returned to Rokugan, *having never physically touched anything in the Shadowlands*. I then thanked my peasant attendants for their service, for the first and last time, before ordering their execution and cremation because they were probably tainted or something and I don't want that shit coming back to *my* village.

Yes, it was me, the forever DM.

Why can't a non-evil character own slaves?

The closest anyone's come to owning a slave in one of my games is once in a oneshot I made on very short notice, the party druid bought a 2 year old from a child slave stall that was originally supposed to be a gag in a !notMiddleEastern bazaar. He interviewed all of the children there one by one, asking how old they were, if they had any special talents and if they liked spiders, if they liked scorpions, if they liked snakes and if they liked birds. He wanted to buy a child who would be okay with his shape shifting, but he didn't really like any of the kids who were old enough to do labor. He went with the toddler, so he could mold her into the perfect daughter. Next combat he almost accidentally killed her. By the end of the session the other PCs ditched him because he creeped them out.

I prefer the word Thralls

Because he's a kid from the US
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serfdom

One of the first games I played in, our first "encounter" was when, while staying at an inn, a group of kobolds spooked a horse, which in turn spooked them, resulting in us chasing the kobolds whom were chasing the horse.

Since they hadn't actually done anything wrong, aside from scaring a horse, I convinced the group that it'd be better to have them essentially become our serfs/servants for a short amount of time, rather than going murderhobo on them for literally no reason. The kobold that served my character eventually became my wizard's apprentice.

Triggered

I played a Rogue Trader, so probably several thousand.

>thousand
You one of the ethical ones or something?

We had a smaller ship.

I had a dog boy as a slave, but he was more like a pet/bodyguard though.

Yes, someone needs to carry our stuff

HOLY SHIT I've been looking for a picture of a staff that looked like this for ages
thank you so much

if the slave absolutely don't want to be a slave, then holding them against their will is evil.

Nah. Slaves actually have some monetary value

Then the holy roman empire and consequently the Church was evil.

And..?

I love that image's aesthetic. What's it from?

*tips fedora

Tentacle demon rape fantasy by Kevin Siembieda

RIFTS

Neat. Thank you.

Owned? No. Acquired and promptly sold for funds in his SlavePal account? Yes.
Including our starship's original captain, for trying to have us pay for the food on board the ship with the funds he gave us for keeping the ship intact.

You forgot to take off the name from your other bait thread.

Wtf is that an Assault Rifle and DMR from Halo?

Halo ripped off a ton of shit from EVERYTHING. Alien(s), anime, that, etc.

Nope, RIFTS was very much first.

Neat. I learned something new today.

Not slaves, though for a while the waitress our fighter banged was our maid/secretary.

I dont think Kevin drew that, but he commissioned it.

Similar, init? Rifts had a bizarre "future on meth" setting. Imagine Thundarr with more guns, or, if you never saw Thundarr, Rick and Morty + Buffy the Vampire Slayer + more fascism and power armor.

Unfortunately, awesome as the setting is, the system is about as stable as the Titanic after an iceberg, and the death is as frequent and cold

no, but my players once sold off one of the other players who was a female wood elf rouge (that was easily the weakest link of the group), to an Orc Chieftain who expressed an interest in her, and they used most of the money on healing potions and better gear. the player bitched enough irl that the other players broke her out and fled, but for 2 sessions, my sides were in orbit.

Yes, some of them lived in Dubai

Have they ever not?

Oh yes. Every single player group I've ever actually had a game with ends up with a slave for some reason or another. Doesn't matter the settings, every single campaign that has gone on for more than a session ends up with them getting a slave of some sort or another. They've had Kobold slaves, Goblin slaves, Human slaves, Dwarf slaves, cybernetically-enhanced Neanderthal slaves, Elf slaves which my player group actually flat out went on a legitimate quest to subjugate and decided that the extra manpower from their three captured prisoners was worth more than the bounty on their heads, Drow slaves, Orc slaves, Lich slaves, and my personal favorite Dragon slaves. I still don't know how they managed to pull that one off, but they captured and mentally broke both a Chromatic and a Metallic that were at war with each other and proceeded to use them in conjunction to lay siege to the kingdom that shorted them on their payment for a previous job because they didn't manage to capture their target and retrieve the artifact they stole. Hell, they actually sold off one of their party members into slavery to get the funding for it, tracked her back down once they'd gotten enough money to stand on their own and buy the freedom all while she gathered information and managed to poison a judge they needed out of the way at the same time. It's gotten so big at this point that I don't think I could ever hold a campaign without slavery ever again. Not because I enjoy it, but because I can't even remember having a session without it anymore and am afraid what losing such a cornerstone may do to my worldbuilding.

My younger brother (playing an evil meme kobold) convinced the rest of the party to enslave a hamlet of gnomes and used their slave labor to create and run a chocolate factory. It was a silly game so it was fun and not all that tone breaking.