warhammer-community.com/2017/12/28/faction-focus-chaos-daemons/

>Daily Painting Video
youtube.com/watch?v=VSR1bbcxLpk

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

DA CODEX:
mega.nz/#!Ald3GbDI!gE1W1yRfDZauVwh6xwmAIP4v16f3BdLb7TI6qcGj1nE

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/15/primaris-space-marines-faq-may15gw-homepage-post-2/
youtu.be/uWF2Pc7xY1o?t=582
youtube.com/watch?v=FhULhHCk_D8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What do you guys think I should paint my guns?
tried green and blue but I'm not sure

>Hellblasters in rapid fire range
>Hello, I’m a Strike-and-shrouded tank. Would you like to overcharge?

Question time! Do you do it, and hope you don’t roll 2s? Or do you wait, and hope the return fire doesn’t wipe the squad anyways?

4st for chaos

NURGLLAH AKHBAR!!

>Manlets SQUATED when
never
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/15/primaris-space-marines-faq-may15gw-homepage-post-2/

The latter option.

>gw never lies

They won't be squatted, but they will never receive any support in the future.

It will all be Primaris stuff, they'll become like sisters basically.

Jokes on you bub, I reroll all misses

Is that honestly bad? They have every unit archetype I could think of and there doesnt seem to be a need to make any more

gold

What do regular marines really need? It's not really like Sisters, who have massive gaps in their army list.

>Want to paint my minis
>Need to prime them
>Want to get value for money out of my primer so I only prime in large groups
>rest of my minis cant be primed because I'm waiting on a shipment of plasticard to make decorative bases for them
what should i do bros

Stuff like Blood Angels with cool units like Sanguinary Guard and Ravenwing Dark Angels will remain with terrible old models while Primaris Marines continue to get generic shitty Ultramarine templates.

Look at the Dark Angels codex, all the cool playstyles there but all the art shows shitty Primaris who have nothing to do with it. Why would you ever play a Primaris Dark Angels army when you can just play Ultramarines?

If you aren't playing a chapters unique playstyle, and just using generic shit, what's the point?

do the bases later?

Perturabo wasted men like you should waste primer. What are you an ultramarine?

>If you aren't playing a chapters unique playstyle, and just using generic shit, what's the point?

I dunno, ask all the non-marine armies who 'just' have generic stuff for each subfaction.

>Why would you ever play a Primaris Dark Angels army when you can just play Ultramarines?
Because you want to play DA and primaris marines are cool. There's nothing stopping you from converting some primaris ravenwing if you can't wait for GWs eventual version.

Are droppods underrated? I mean obviously they aren't as cheap as 7th but having reliable melta squads seems nice

*sobs quietly*

I’m with they don’t seem to be missing anything, the sculpts look good and the units as a whole are still far more flexible, customizable and desirable than Primaris (seriously, 100 points for 5-10 S4 AP-1 shots!? You could buy a laspredator for that much in 7E!)

here is an iron dog to cheer you up user

This guy walks in the 42nd millenium and slaps your Battle Sister, granting her Nurgle's gift of EbolAIDS.

Keep in mind, he is riding a gigantic ravenous snail and emits an aura of decay that rots anything that comes close.

What do you do?

Wanted to do an elite paratrooper army for some time now, doing the list as a plan on what to purchase, probably in sets. Opinions ?

>deploy only three models on the table (the valks) to go first
>2 scion squads, tempestor and officer in each valk
>command squads in deep strike
>haul ass to get everyone dropped near enemies and DS the plasma command squads near them as well

Perturabo isn't me though.

I'm not even above average in most fields.

how would you know if you dont try

Honestly, Primaris are marines but moreso...including their issues. Marines pay a lot to bring not a heap of gun to the table with most of their stuff, Primaris are tougher but don't bring a matching increase in gun.

T4 2W 3+ is also in this really interesting sweet spot where basically every single gun in the game is worth firing at you.

>Toughness low enough that basic guns can wound reliably and scrape wounds off
>2W makes mid range guns really happy as that d3 damage is getting some real use.
>Anti-tank is not a complete waste as each marine is worth a lot of points.

>There's nothing stopping you from converting some primaris ravenwing

If you want to try cramming the big Chadmarines on regular Marine-sized bikes, sure. I mean it would look fucking awful, but I guess it's technically possible.

He made it in the end, r-right?

you haven't got a lot of anti-tank in that

We wont know til GW brings him back. And since GW hates undivided which god will be his master?

None of them want him.

Khorne in his aspect as the engineer/artisan of Chaos maybe?

Not trying is better than trying and failing ;_;

Nurgle. He's already called on him for help in the past.

Let him be happy goddammit!

Helmet improves every marine mini by a thousand fold

I considered melta instead of plasma but with 9+ inches after deep strike I concluded that I'd probably get better results with overcharged plasma that double taps, especially if I can get the orders in. So plasma is my anti-tank.

It's 40k. If he wanted to be happy he should have been an ork.

>Says here on your CV that you are a slaughter engineer. What your deaths per hour average Perturabo?
>U-um Eight thousand eight hundred and eighty eight.
>Hmm, are you willing to take a urine test for sorcery?
>Yes
>Welcome aboard to the daemon prince management team of Khorne, Collect your free chainaxe and get to work! Skulls BLOOD NOW!
>o-ok...

The Baneblade is the coolest vehicle in the entire 40k universe.

Too bad it is out of stock all the time.
I am holding onto my funds for weeks waiting it to get back in stock and i missed some good deals because of that.

If nurgle gets the other cool chaos guy, I will be mad as fuck.

Thats why I saved the pic.

Well, his battle plan was basically always 'Get as many of my guys killed as I need to kill all of them'. Khorne cares not where the blood flows.

You only need infantry to prevail, user.

>Have a great day slaughtering in the blood gods name
>y-you too

Hello

Tzeench or Slaanesh. He and his warriors hate mutations, and strive for being perfect in what they do.

Nurgle and Khorne don't make sense.

Hi.

I dunno, he's an engineer who's well known for taking part in the bloodiest grindiest slaughters about. He's pretty Khorne, if not the mindless berseker sort.

They even used to be able to take Basilisks and Vindicators.

N-NANI ?

I'm trying to beat my friend for a bet he has two armies

His first armie is one similar to the old hellforge hunting pack. He's got:

-greater brass scorpion
-2 helldrakes
-2 mauler fiends
-and I'm not sure quite how many decimator engines but I think at least 6 all with that 72 inch range gun.
-he also might bring kharne

his other army is tyranids
-80 genestealers
-a broodlord
-a swarmlord
-4 exocrines
-carnefexes

originally I was going to castle guilliman but it doesn't seem like it's work against these lists.

For the totally not hunting pack list I have
-2 repulsor tanks with las cannon and las talons (cheapest everything else)
+
- 2x 5 man squads of hellblasters each with a primarius captain

- 2 predator tanks with as many lascannons as possible

-2 squads of terminators with TH SS

for the tyranid game I was thinking thunderfire cannons, some aggressors, hell plasters and guilliman, a redemtor dreadnaught and I'm not sure what else. He's gonna alpha strike the genes stealers and I don't know how to deal with them.

Nah, having Pert and Lorgar follow specific gods doesn't fit in the slightest: None of them would agree to one of the others getting TWO daemon Primarchs and legions, and the legions of each God as they do exist at the moment are extremely themed.

No shit but GW are retarded and want abaddon to be a special snowflake. Undivided is the only thing that makes sense. But GW doesn't care they hate undivided.

I miss Fulgrim

But no amount of infantry will give me the incredible power of the Volcano Cannon of shadowsword.
youtu.be/uWF2Pc7xY1o?t=582

He doesn't remember you. Don't call back.

Waifu painter is god sent.

kek

>M42
>not holding the fucking line

Do Veteran Vanguard Marines have anyway of re-rolling failed charges?

If they're BTs, they do it all the time.

Yay! Come here, doggo!
>arm gets bitten off

Naughty cyber mastiff! Very, very naughty!
>slaps cyber mastiff with rolled up newspaper

I purge the vile warpspawn

>tfw I want to start Iron Hands
>tfw there’s so little Primaris or manlet or otherwise for them

What do with Iron Hands teeg?

Love that guys works. So many details everytime.

since WIP is no help, dubs decide how I paint my stealthsuit army
I only use a theme i personally like tho

I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky

lmao.
this is a great model.
I love how smug the nurgling is while it's being used as a carrot to get the snail to move.
also why the fuck is there an anchor attached to the giant snail? it seems counterproductive, unless it's meant to be a plow.

Imagine a fugging flying by psychic powers dreadnought, and all of that weight coming down onto you.

grey with grey highlights. You like it faggot

Step one is cry because GW just didn't care about IH at all, ever.
Step two is accept it, and realize that it's still one of the best chapters to bring dreads and other tough multi wound dudes in.
Step three is to introduce yourself to the forge world dreads like the Leviathan and relic contemptor and to use them to effect.
Step four is to fuck up other people's named characters and op armies using good tactics and generic, but strong models and characters, and to forget that you ever even wanted GWs attention in the first place.

Look, there are some things you see during battles with the demons of slaanesh that make sticking around just not worth it. When even the Commissars throw their hands up and say “you know what? Not worth it!” It is that moment, when you see a Slaaneshi greater demon do unseemly things with a chainsword, that you know this planet is forever tainted and should just be exterminatused from orbit, that you will understand these Kreigers.

>BTs
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

All invisible

Were R&H unfucked yet?

fuck off and stop shitting up thread asking for cheap (you)'s.

your painting scheme will be shit regardless.

Nope, chapter approved fucked them even harder.

Bases with no models for the stealthsuits.

So I have a dumb question.

How exactly do I thin paints?

Should I use water, or the Vallejo thinner that came with the paint set I bought?

He took part in the bloodiest battles because it was his duty. Perturabo is never shown to particularly revel in the gore, not counting when he's settling some kind of vendetta or score ala the iron cage.

Savoring warfare for its own sake is a pre-requisite for Khorne worship.

off white with white highlights

Transparent with ultraviolet highlights

Water.

Water, unless its metallic, in which case use acrylic medium/acrylic extender

Water is fine, though I assume the thinner will also work given that's what it's for. Move some of the paint from your pot to a palette - which can be anything the paint won't soak into, even a scrap bit of plastic - and mix it with a little water. Try and aim for a consistency somewhat like milk.

I'll just leave this here youtube.com/watch?v=FhULhHCk_D8

HOLY FUCK THIS THAT WAS SO COOL okay the sounds are a bit cringy but HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT.

ps:WHAT. IS. THIS. HERESY!!!?

Since there doesn't seem to be a necromunda thread going, what's a decent Escher list you can make with the models from the starter box?

I get the impression that the chem sprayer is a pretty bad choice and the special close combat weapons don't seem very good either; power sword is useless when nobody has any armour worth mentioning and the whip just looks stupid and isn't as good as a pistol for ranged work.

Thinking maybe double pistols or combi-weapons might be the way to go for champions and leaders, since there aren't many other options for nice weaponry. I guess the rest just get lasguns and knives, maybe some grenades.

How so?