Your own silly Homebrews

I have a system called the E-Kat system that I've used to brainwash all of my players to constantly pay attention.

Myster E-Cat a mysterious feline who appears seemingly all over the town in obscure places.
I use roll 20 and map everything out so to make sure players were properly surveying areas ended up making this mechanic.

A mysterious cat that seems to crop up in countless locations. When found he mysteriously scampers away and despite the attempts of many he cannot be followed.
When a person finds an E-Cat they absorb a vestige of his power.
An E-Cat is channeled through an intense desire or emotion and unlike hero points is not meant to be used as a meta device to represent the players interests, but rather, the characters.

1 E-Cat can be used to gain a +1 on ANY roll
2 E-Cats can be used to gain a -1 on ANY roll
5 E-Cats can stabilize ANYONE within five feet provided they are not already beyond stabilization.
10 E-Cats can be used as a Hero Point
20 E-Cats can give you the ability to use a feat or mythic spell you qualify for taking excluding the mythic requirement. Feats last one minute; spells last for duration of the spell.
99 E-Cats can be used to start a special questline that will take a minimum of 10 sessions and reveal the secrets of this world.

For different campaigns I plan on using different gimmicky animals, one of my players has managed to gather 11 of these bad boys aiming for the 99 payout.
It actually helps a lot with keeping peoples continual attention because I will often place E-Kats behind objects that move and are only visible briefly.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lBjKtuvx3oE1gAkldN53s21MlwtldSdFJUG6zm2RaKY/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=J3tkaVcYgPA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wrote up a bunch for a basketball system.

A character has 4 attributes
Athleticism, Conditioning, Intelligence, Agility

And skills that belong to skill groups
Control - Steal, Dribbling, Passing, Awareness
Defense - Rebounding, On-Ball Defense, Shot Blocking, Post Defense
Inside - Layup, Dunk, Post Moves, Inside Shot
Shot - Shot Off The Dribble, Contested Shot, Mid Range, Long Range

Techniques were fueled by stamina which was directly tied to your Conditioning attribute. You burned stamina to do special dribble moves, shots, passes, blocks, and steals that helped your chances or inflicted status effects.

The resolution mechanic was Attribute + Skill with 6+ being a success.

A defender can mark his man with a successful On-Ball Defense roll. He gains the number of hits as successes in contesting shots or intercepting passes, so you don't want to stand around with the ball.

On the other hand, the player with the ball can break away from a defender, rolling Dribble vs On-Ball Defense.

There was a lot more to it but I wrote it all out before realizing literally no one will ever give a shit about Veeky Forums and basketball.

>The resolution mechanic was Attribute + Skill d10s with 6+ being a success.

I wrote a half-assed PbtA hack about the magical realist adventures of homeless people. It's called Hobos are Heroes.

Stats:
Piss-Willpower, determination, resolve, and mental resistance
Whiskey-Charm, guile, charisma, social skills, etc
Blood-Physical fitness, toughness, bodily resistance, fighting
Juice-Cleverness, smarts, sobriety, knowledge
(Optional) Glue-Crazyness, Conspiracy theories, creepy shit, resist government/alien mind control

Meat: How many hits you can take. Equal to Blood+4
Booze: Tolerance level. Buffer between sobriety and passing out. Equal to Piss+3
Sample skills

Scrap
Scrounge
Dogs
Party
Drugs
Banjo
Trains
Beg
Hobo Lore
Thrift
Scramble
Sneak
Smart Ass
Hard Ass
Kiss Ass
Sample Tricks/Perks/Whatever

-Friends in low places: You always have a place to crash, and can get basic resources or help with a whiskey roll

-Crustpunk: You're gross as fuck, but in a stylish way. Count your dirt as one lower for the purposes of interacting with or influencing non-Hobos

-Jungle Juice: You can roll Juice to produce a batch of potent, but low quality hootch. Might blind you, might kill you, but will definitely fuck you up

-Shanks n' Shivs: You always count as armed in a scrap, giving your attacks +1 and Lethal

-Lifestyle Freegan: You're really good at finding food and such others have foolishly thrown out. +1 to finding food on the street, and +1 to Blood for not getting sick from it

-I's seen things!: You can take a point of Booze to roll Glue. If you succeed, your batshit ravings have some truth to them, and you can reveal some fact about the situation

-Road Warrior: You are one of the elite of hobo-dom: The car homeless. You have a working ride, with all the benefits and troubles that entails

I may convert to this to 3.5 and steal it. My party is a sucker for stupid shit on the side like this. We have done volleyball and soccer but I never tackled basketball.

Make it a video-game.
I would love to play an rpg about homeless dudes.

More power to you. I could not quite figure out how to make it fast paced so I would recommend low scoring games, like first to 10 or 7 to keep things from getting too stale.

Ya, thats sadly the problem with sports stuff in role-playing in my experience.
I try to get really energetic and into it, but unless players roleplay really hard it gets old fast.

Yeah, I was toying with an action point system like Feng Shui instead of raw turn based to at least keep rounds from being stale but it still felt like a waiting game.

It can go fast with roll 20 macros, but after around 20 minutes regardless it will collapse without intensive roleplay. All I want is a Kuroko no Basket campaign user.

Probably but I went overboard with rules for Jump ball, loose balls, free throws, lobs vs bounce vs straight passes, fouls, posting up. Feats that you could buy with XP that added modifiers on top of techniques. All that good shit and I found the more I added the less it would appeal to anyone but me and maybe three other people on Earth.

I knew the games themselves would get old so I was going to include stuff for bopping around as street ballers before I stopped writing.

It makes me sad you didn't find those people user. For what its worth sounds awesome.

I tried making threads about basketball and Veeky Forums. I was surprised to see one the other day started by someone else.

Here's some of it if you want to check it out: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lBjKtuvx3oE1gAkldN53s21MlwtldSdFJUG6zm2RaKY/edit?usp=sharing

I absolutely give a shit about this
This was like my childhood dream, to come up with some dice-based system to simulate sports
Dump everything you've got pls

Whoops, guess it was a d6 system. It's been a while since I first wrote things.

>
I saved that shit user, maybe someday I can use it. Godspeed.

Remember, user, slam with the best or jam with the rest.
youtube.com/watch?v=J3tkaVcYgPA

this system is going to get used, and used well

See we existed we just all happened to be DM's

It keeps happening

Forgot to throw in the stuff I was stealing for traits and techniques from Blitzball that I was going to re purpose. Updated if you want to use that stuff too.