ITT Campaigns or concepts you'll never use

ITT Campaigns or concepts you'll never use

>experience can be felt throughout your body and in your core once gained
>those with enough need can find the best chance of experience like a radar
>the more experience gained in one dump makes you less humane

sounds like it would fit great with a demonic/Lovecraftian setting.

>the more experience gained in one dump makes you less humane

Shouldn't this just be cumulative?

Maybe? Not necessarily.

It's like taking hard drugs. One or two small hits can get you through the next few hours fine, but using the entire bag of drugs will turn you into something else entirely.

Or kills you.

Fire Emblem.
It would require a Lord character, and the choice of who gets to be the party leader/have lots of plot points devoted to them always inspires conflict.
It might even be worse if the Lord is an NPC, because it would make the PCs feel like side characters in their own game.

Here we see how DnD proliferates into fantasy genre conceits. "Experience" is essentially redefined as power and even treated as an actual physical thing rather than a game mechanic. Gaining experience turns into absorbing power from fallen enemies.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea or really complaining or anything. It's just an observation on how tropes evolve and eventually can only be understood within the context of a genre. Like, absorbing somebody's experience should mean that you gain their memories, not add some quantifiable pool of power to your own.

I don't know, maybe I'm just drunk.

Are you saying experience passes through your digestive tract and bloodstream?

The Souls games do this concept best.

Maybe. It's a sense that washes over the character. Through a first contact or a weird interaction involving the digestive system/bloodstream, they may feel it reverberate in those areas.

Warhammer 40K meets Trigun on a forgotten backwater spahetti-western world of Imperial pioneers, Orky Pancho Villa, and enough bullets to win the west (or die trying).

I suggest you playthrough FFTA2
It has very good character development through side missions though being clearly focused on one. Might spark inspiration.

on one character*
Sorry, tired/sick/drugged.

I had a cyberpunk game planned out where the players would be investigating a series of high profile murders and mass killings orchestrated by a sentient holographic pop star.

Fell apart when I realized my group just wants to play D&D

So, Highlander?

So, Bloodborne?

The "Vecna moment" that switched the universe over to 5e in my setting sent nature out of control and wiped out civilization worldwide. The PCs are survivors chosen at random by a panicking pantheon of deities. The survivors sit in stasis for a century in demiplanes located as far from the material as possible and are mildly mutated by their exposure to extraplanar energies. Their return is staggered over a decade, resulting in a cosmopolitian points-of-light setting where everyone is forced to work together in order to survive in a world where the environment would like nothing more than to kill them.

So, the Fappening

Dude you need to story dump that right now if youve already ran that

So, so you think you can tell
Heaven from Hell
Blue skies from pain
Can you tell a green field
From a cold steel rail
A smile from a veil
So you think you can tell?

A rip off of the bionicle mythos. Players are fleshy humans on a deserted island until they find out they are robots after getting wounded. Then find out the island is a crashed ship covered in dirt... Which crashed into the ocean of a giant generation ship.

Aww fuck, I'd totally play a campaign like that, user. Your group doesn't deserve you.

Iceberg Pirate Ship/Castles floating across a sea of Lava/Magma. The ships have to be cooled by Wizards, magic relics, Dragons, or whatever inventive method you want, and all of the combat is done through siege/Castle to Castle warfare.

I was going to make my party build their castles out of legos.

>lawful good paladin having a crisis of consciousness.jpg

Bump