Android: Netrunner General - /anrg/

>Android Netrunner General - Apex will Assimilate you Edition
Core 2.0 and Sovereign Sight, the first pack of Kitara, are now out

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>How to play Android: Netrunner (TeamCovenant)
youtube.com/watch?v=vvRwynAp5tI&list=PLmHifZPFC_JvQZA4qgdAQEarHAJKjkbhA

>Where to play it online (replace spaces with dots):
Jinteki net

Try "Why I Run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace spaces with dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net

>More Resources, blogs, podcasts
pastebin.com/rRDjAUxN

Other urls found in this thread:

netrunnerdb.com/en/set/ss/rulings
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Old Bread
Sovereign Sight UFAQ
netrunnerdb.com/en/set/ss/rulings

Interesting takeaways
>Assimilator can turn non-virtual resources face-up
>Because of the wording (namely that EVERYTHING except for boost and break is one paragraph), Cyber-Cypher becomes godly in Apex if Assimilated

We also see 2 new subtypes (Off-site and Reprisal), though at least these seem clear and likely to be seen on multiple cards

Which one has Off-site? And I wonder what those new subtypes will mean in the future, would they trigger stuff like Connection, Job, or Run, or would designate the kind of card it is, like Sabotage? Exciting.

That's a pretty big boost

Interesting to compare to Atman, where the different bits of how it works are separated, making Assimilating it useless

Off-site is Calibration Testing (remote server only, a la the rotated Off the Grid) and Wake Up Call is Reprisal (play if the runner trashed your shit (and possibly also RFG) which honestly makes so much sense for a thing I'm surprised we didn't see it earlier)

So back to the ideal influence spread of APEX. What other ways to add draw if not for deuces wild (and suchlike)? Diesel is rather expensive inf-wise to get all 3 for one thing.

Totally missed Off-site the first time around. Inspiring subtype.

Reaver. That thing has the potential to be a monster. Just need to find the right rig for it.

That’s pretty much a given since it’s in-faction. The question is how to fuel the draw that kickstart that engine to begin with.

Also, the first Kitara inset has way more fluff then any of the Mars packs. This one is about Lewi, who is indeed a successful crime boss who discovers SSO is clearly up to an insidious plot (and thus juicy paydata, which may include the original Beanstalk buckyweave recipe), with said company is protected ASA who appears to have on-field remote controlled Bioroids.

Drug Dealers give clickless draw. Blockade Runner is probably too click heavy. Sports Hopper gives link and draw. Chop Bot is pretty often mentioned with Apex. Daredevil could be interesting, but probably not the right deck. Independent Thinking could help draw up pretty quickly if there's enough trash fuel. Which brings up a question, can you trash Harbinger twice to draw 2 cards with Independent Thinking?

On further thought though, since Reaver isn't unique, if you can get all three down then spending more slots for draw might just be redundant. Deuces Wild might just be the safest choice here, though depending on whether or not we're going UWC I wouldn't discount Sports Hopper either..

Drug dealers need to be assimilated. Super Not Worth, better use Sports Hoppers.

If going flipped Aesops, it’s probably not worth trying to go for UWC at the same time. It’s also a nonbo with chop bot, so need alternative draw sources, although at least 1 installed Reaver should help?

Can you take a picture of kitara insert?

The biggest deal for me with Reaver is finding ways to make it fire both Runner/corp turns that also benefit your strategy.

Spy cams are probably the best answer to that issue, followed by sports hopper.

Here you go. Pt 1.

Pt.2

An interesting new background character if the Android RPG happens to pass by that region.

Thank you! I hope this trend keeps up again. New characters and stories are really the heart od netrunner

One would have think Lewi would have a
bit more impactful effect card-wise considering how central he is in the fluff of this pack.

Then again, Asa looks most promising for a regular HB ID. Perhaps more security Bioroids are in the works.

I think going Chop Bot for the early draw then selling it and using it for facedown fuel isn't a terrible plan, atleast until you can get a Reaver and Aesops down.

I wouldn't force it since Apex just doesn't have the tools for it, plus you already have the benefit of being able to install more than one Reaver. Spycam and Sports Hopper are probably the best options if you insist on it though.

An early chopper could be helpful if either Aesops or Assimilator hasn’t shown up, but otherwise I think the inf could be spent elsewhere.

With that in mind, since Aesops is the unicorn card, how many Trope would be good in lieu of the usual Levy’s? I’m thinking 2, plus the recursion would help with singleton imported breakers if the worst should happen.

Its pretty amazing how a single card can make APEX truly viable. Perhaps not top tier, but more viable then say, reg crims.

I just like the Chopbot idea because I like seeing a fluid board state, where you trash stuff you don't need anymore to make way for better cards, which is especially thematic with Apex. Two Tropes look fine, more doesn't seem necessary.

Apex decks still look slower than even the Nero deck on nrdb, but atleast they have more of a fighting chance since Aesops will provide decent econ, assuming you don't get rushed out.

APEX does need that Aesop's flipped really early, but once that happens the constant 3+ creds from install->selling stuff would certainly help speed up the setting up of the rest of its stuff.

If APEX does take the store champ season by storm, that is surely a good development.

Why do I have the feeling APEX would end up as the actual BBEG (or thing) in this arc?

Is Aesop a dead end? Is it worth it at the price of Assimilator?

Flipping this early means at least 3 creds per turn for the rest of the game, assuming there's something to sell. Well worth the price I'll say.

Assimilator is also great with Cyber-Cypher, which would no doubt see much use with it as well.

>Is Aesop a dead end? Is it worth it at the price of Assimilator?
No and maybe

Assimilator strictly for Aesop's might not be worth it, but for other things (Beckman, Unlimited CyCy etc.) as well it's probably worth it even at 5, and Apex can make some mad dosh from Aesop if he gets him early (taking over a pawn shop is slightly less cool than commanding a chop-bot though)

Aesop in Apex is the strongest drip econ in the game, at 50% stronger than Bloo Moose, which is a banned card for being the strongest economic card in the game. Aesop decks made it to the finals in Worlds based on an ID who just installed slightly faster than other IDs. Apex installs as fast as if not faster than that ID.

So really it's up to you. If you can get it out early and reliably then you'll probably do great.

Another fun thing about Assimilator, as noted elsewhere, is that it can flip up a 'used'/face down Harbinger, so that's potentially infinite things to sell if you can spare the clicks to do the flipping. Fully set up, it can mean 6(!) creds (Aesops and 3 Wastelands) + at least a card (Reaver) for 2 clicks.

So fellow Runners/Company Men, a new year is upon us, and a cycle begun. What shall your resolutions be in this new era?

>pic somewhat related I guess.

Happy New Year's from SEA. Hopefully I get to play the deck I've built since around October but haven't actually gotten around to "build" and play some time soon.

To actually play a game in person and not just on jinteki

Indeed! Happy New Year to you to, lets hope the local meta lives and prosper!

Also, interesting factoid from the Lunar Cycle fluff. Aesop's Pawnshop is actually on the Moon, and since it was implied Nasir accidently(?) released APEX on the Moon as well, it is only appropriate it Assimilated something conveniently close by.

Also, I resolve to give APEX a go, probably alongside ASA as reg HB.

I hope you can find a meatspace group one of these days as well.

Huh, I'd not thought of that, but you're not wrong.

Maybe he pawned his infected hardware and then... well, Apex

>Apex takes control of every piece of technology in Aesop's store
>infected programs and hardware gets sold to unsuspecting customers
>Apex has a wider presence on the net, and thus breaking into ICE protected servers become easier
Love it.

>"Every bit of technology in Aesop's store"
Presumably that includes Aesop himself, given the amount of cybernetics in him.

That's even better than the previous Apex method of getting rid of cards via chop bot, because Apex is exactly what you want controlling a disassembly bot with a circular saw

Happy new year /nrg/

>Another year with no idea where to find london playerbase

Isn't London supposed to be one of the biggest Netrunner communities?

Maybe. I just wish I didn't have anxiety so I could search them out

Facebook groups? Many shops/metas have one.

Who lives near Seattle?

Bump

What are your guys thoughts on 419? Think he's too strong/weak/not related to crim's pie?

I think he's really neat and I'm happy crim is coming back to being playable again but not happy it's a criminal that discourages running. It'll be interesting to see how often the corp actually pays to prevent the expose.

I imagine that he'll end up being an OP ID against a lot of decks. His ID basically combines Reina level econ denial with greater-than-Silhouette level knowledge gathering.

But at the same time, his worst matchups are the same as everyone else's worst matchups. Asset Spam and PU as well as CI combo basically don't care about his ID ability at all. In the end, he'll probably be yet another card that is just too powerful against low-level decks but completely worthless against top-tier decks, which is a type of card FFG can't seem to figure out how to get rid of.

Probably almost never. I also like him, it's interesting for a Runner to have near complete information on the board, while being a pain in the ass for the actual Yomi players. His console is the perfect catch22 to add economic pressure to any decision on the corp part.

I'm going to enjoy putting Prisecs in a remote and preventing the expose to bait a run against him.

*Plays infiltration*
Oops

>Prisec*s*

*Runs 3 infiltraion, 3 same old thing, 3 Levy AR Lab Access*

I'M FUCKING INVINCIBLE :^)

i'm gonna concede i have no outs gg wp no re happy new year

Happy new year user! I hope they don't print another sifr and all your dreams come true!

Happy new year!

I miss some support for Nfr and Sunya, it was already borderline but losing Sifr killed them.

You should make it a resolution to find one (or more), and I'm sure you will have a great time!

Believe in yourself, fellow user!

If the corp is on glacier/FA, he would have to run regardless, and his ability (+console) probably won't fire all that often either.

Knowing there's a Batty or Ash (or whatever) in that remote won't do much good if he doesn't have the answers to them when it matters.

Still, having a workable semi-regular blue ID is nice to have around.

>pic unrelated. Mainframe is not bad though.

I find Mainframe pretty great filler. Plays fast, setup fast, as tactical as a game of checkers, and runners abilities are pretty flavourful (although 2 Adam's cards are useless).

It would be nice if they had an (mini-)expansion featuring more characters, since it is likely there were more then just 6 of them rummaging in the bank vaults.

Other random stuff from Mainframe.

You know what would be awesome? A new edition of Infiltration but with the 23 seconds Titan Bank raid instead.

I'd love for a 2nd Edition of any of the older Android board games, especially the original with its multiple ending shenanigans.

The original using the Terminal Directive 'plot' would be quite appropriate. Being able to play, and see more background fluff, of non-runner characters (Sunny should be alright as an investigator I guess?) would be awesome.

If bounty hunters are involved, even Khan (lol) might even be added.

Doesn't have a meatspace element that's a key part of Infiltration

You could probably switch the meatspace part out completely for cyberspace interactions, though the 23 Seconds is more of a free-for-all than the original Infiltration I think.

That's a lot of artwork that hasn't been (re)used.

The odd thing about Infiltration was that there was no indication (and reason) for the 6 involved to turn on each other once they were in the target building. Even the Netrunner card implied they were still cooperating during the op.

Yeah, you'd think a group of pros who demonstrably worked together after the fact wouldn't turn on each other (and perhaps in the "canon" version they don't) but it adds competition, an easy win-lose mechanic and works in the context of being gritty morally grey cyberpunk

I don't know enough about the game, are they actively trying to get the other members caught, or do they just want to get the most out of the heist compared to the others? Makes sense if it's the latter because greedy criminals, the former would be kinda weird.

Players go through each room collecting data tokens with a varied amount of points between 1-3. And this is secret. Only the one with the most points win, so anybody who seems to get ahead in the data token game seems like it will be target of the others.
It's hard putting traps for other players though, few cards really interact between one another, so it's mostly a matter of opportunity.

So greedy criminals competing for the most credits then, not too unexpected. They probably all profit in the end story-wise, with one person getting more than the others in secret.

Gotta wonder whether the focus would return back to New Angeles after Kitara, since it would be 2 whole cycles (a whole year or thereabouts) since the events of the 23 Seconds.

>tfw no Yuca Bean machine and trunk packets
Born too soon

So how is the Store Champ season going for everyone so far?

Anyone have fluff pdfs? From datapacks/deluxes/worlds of android?

Check the pastebin in the OP. Should be near the bottom. Not sure if the datapack inserts are still out there though.

Guessing it will focus on NBN if they do? Last three cycles were Jinteki/HB, Weyland, and Weyland/Jinteki, with Kitara looking to be maybe Weyland/HB?

That would be cool. Especially if it explored the current status of characters like Ken (he could be dead by now?) Or even whatever the fuck happened to Null and Omar. They gotta be in hiding now?

I wouldn't say Mars is Weyland/Jinteki, they just had IDs there - Mars was more its own thing (and not an especially strong cycle, theme-wise desu)

I could see a bit of Kitara being Weyland-y, but on the other hand this is a place they're explicitly being shut out, compared to NBN who have a lot of influence

Oh, I think Mars was a super strong cycle, so much that half the power cards had to be banned. Thematically we had something akin to SanSan cycle. The packs focused on certain aspects of the Mars life and struggle. It could be awesome if the packs focused these aspects per pack instead of being all over the place.

It's a long shot but has anyone got a demo set they'd be willing to part with? I really want to host a netrunner teaching event

Yeah, I meant theme-wise, not power.

And I wouldn't say it was bad, merely not as tight as some previous cycles had been - Crimson Dust and Free Mars missed some big opportunities I thought

Why does liiga make the best art for this game fug

There really wasn’t much fluff on the Mars inserts to begin with, and most of that didn’t really go into much detail either. The Kitara 1 insert had more fluff then 2-3 Mars packs easily.

The Ares Project status report was pretty good atleast. Still, looking at L5R's 4 page inserts feels bad.

Well, the end of year event escalated into a crazy 36 hour Android bonanza with some games of Mainframe and Infiltration on the side.

Belated happy new year to /anrg and time for sleep.

Sounds like an awesome way to see out the old year and usher in the new one.

Would they continue to write up that much L5R fluff one wonders?

Yeah they would, the L5R fanbase is rabidly autistic and would throw a huge fit if they even thought about stopping.

See: the tournament chant change that shat up L5R threads for about a month

Another bump: does anyone have any demo decks they'd sell?

I can see them going down to 2 pages unless they have a lot of (dedicated) writers, since they also have the bi-weekly fluff pieces.

What ended happening to the chant by the way?

Why buy demo decks specifically when you can do the overinfluenced teaching decks from the revised core? If you want to get multiple tutorial games going, then you'd still need other experienced players to oversee those games, at which point it's cheaper to borrow their cards instead of buying multiple decks. Plus I don't think there are any updated versions of the old demo decks to account for rotation either.

They kept it changed surprisingly because no one was actually going to quit playing the game. Every now and again the argument springs back up but it's the exact same arguing every time.

Personally I think chanting at a card game event is already way too autistic

>tfw no draft set based on the mars cycle

Gearing up. I've mostly put together my corp setup I'm happy with and I'm getting my APM down to a science so I don't end up timing myself out with it. Those shuffles add up.

Thankfully I've still got a month until things really go live.

There wasn't one for Flashpoint either fwiw. Honestly surprised they continued up to Mumbad to begin with.

Maybe if they did a core 2.0 based pool, that might encourage sales due to all the 1/2-offs, but it would have to be way cheaper for that to be anywhere sustainable.

I've always thought they could randomise the distribution of actual data packs somehow and let you play draft that way. A fixed amount of cards but you get 6 packs or so of 10 carfs randomized (obviously if you put them all together it's still the same 60 data pack cards)

It would require releasing multiple data packs at the same time though I guess

There's "rules" for making draft cubes I think, but draft's really not a format that seems to be popular - I do kind of wonder if there should be more draft-only cards like the IDs for it - a draft AI breaker and an agenda, maybe a piece of ice - all designed for draft by either being really good (like the IDs are, in theory) or mediocre so that you'd only play them if you drafted nothing else

The thing is about draft is that it can take ages before the actual matches begin, so it is certainly going to be the main event over standard/limited play if it does happen.

Has anyone tried that online draft tool that was posted on reddit? That shows promise if they add a few features. Then you don't even need to build a cube, just draft online and make decks at home, then go to the actual event.

On a personal note, I love the idea of Apex (in a sports car) being involved in a high-speed chase. It's almost as good as the image of Apex realizing he doesn't need said sports car, and trading it in to Aesop for a lousy 3.

>Assimilator strictly for Aesop's might not be worth it
You're probably taking assimilator regardless now though. It's useful with almost anything in Apex's deck, not just for the non-virtual gimmick.

A lot of people have done variants of the cube (and that may well become more popular now that there are OOP sets that can be got cheap). I don't know that the official draft format with the draft packs ever became very popular - the format always feels like an awkward fit in an LCG.

It'd be nice if FFG could release a cube draft set that has all the cards in each cycle (maybe 2-ofs so players can't cheat out of buying regular packs) with rules and guidelines for hosting draft sessions with it, and exclusively sold to FLGSs only.

It doesn't really seem necessary to me. Anybody who's been in the game any length of time has more than enough cards to build cubes. A couple starters, a couple dx expansions, and one full cycle gives you enough to easily do separate cubes for Corp and Runner, if you want.

For a store or club set, you're talking about.. what, maybe $150 or $200 at that point. Figure split 6 or 8 ways (for a club) or store owner bought, that's not much.