Weeb TCG General #7

Dead game: A thread for CCGs other than Magic the Gathering.

Yu-Gi-Oh!
>Veeky Forums has its own YGO general thread (/dng/), with plenty of room in the OP for all of the available YGO resources

Cardfight!! Vanguard
>Official CFV card database. Works pretty well, only has cards released in English.
cf-vanguard.com/en/cardlist/cardsearch
>CFV major tournament decklists:
International: cf-vanguard.com/en/cardlist/deckrecipe/
Japanese: cf-vanguard.com/deckrecipe/
>CFV news source:
cardfightcoalition.com/
>Free, fanmade online simulator:
cardfight.ru/cf-area

Future Card Buddyfight
>Official BF card database. Works pretty well, only has cards released in English.
fc-buddyfight.com/en/cardlist/list/
>BF major tournament decklists:
International: fc-buddyfight.com/en/cardlist/deckrecipe/
Japanese: fc-buddyfight.com/cardlist/deckrecipe/
>BF news source:
buddyspoiler.com/
>Free, fanmade online simulator:
cardfight.ru/buddyfighten

Dragon Ball Super
>Official website (Card List/Search, Rules, FAQ, Errata, Tournament Rules, Card Rulings, etc.):
dbs-cardgame.com
>Free tutorial/demo app
dbs-cardgame.com/application/
>Play online through OCTGN and Tabletop Simulator
reddit.com/r/DBS_CardGame/wiki/index#wiki_online

Wixoss
>Free, fanmade browser-based online simulator:
webxoss.com/

Weiss Schwarz
>Full card database and translations:
heartofthecards.com/code/cardlist.html?pagetype=ws

Thread question: Do the decks you play between different games have any aesthetic similarities? Gameplay similarities? Or do you go with different things for different games?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Pst7bGGY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

New Messiah that screws with hand size, new Dimensional Robo that guard breaks with rear guards as well.
>Thread Question
Toolbox decks all the way. Granblue for Vanguard and R4NK 4 for YGO, at least before MR4 was a thing. At least Pendulum Magicians are sort of a toolbox too.

For the user last thread asking how Wixoss plays, the answer is: really damn well. It is legitimately one of the best designed tcgs I've encountered. The pace of gameplay is excellent, with an early game, mid game, and late game, (unlike yugioh, which is basically all late game all the time), a nice and clean priority system that still allows for relevant interaction on your opponent's turn, but eliminates the nightmare of priority stops that plagues games like yugioh and mtg, and is still quite affordable, thanks to a fair reprint policy and a good amount of shiny things for the more obsessive players to collect.

There's many reasons why Wixoss is great, and I have hit the character limit on posts before going over why it's so great, but these are a few things that immediately came to mind.

One thing that Wixoss does that I love is that the foils extend the art. So this is a normal trick or treat.

And this is what you get if you open a foil.

>Thread question
I tend to lean towards either combo decks or control decks, preferably something that can do both. I like Infernoids in YGO, and all of the Dark Zone clans in CFV.

How do I get better at deck building besides copying shit from internet?

Copy shit
Play it
See what cards don't seem to do much for you
Find replacements on your own
See how those affect the deck

Deck building isn't so much a skill as it is a process. Build something that looks neat to you. Play it a bunch. Which cards don't do anything when you draw them? Which kind of effects do you find yourself most needing? Swap some cards, then play again. Eventually you'll get to something pretty optimized (then the next set releases and you have to do this all over again).

Pretty much this. One of my strategies in Buddyfight is to throw in everything then cut off the chaff

go to /dng/, as king of braves.

More Star Gate spoilers

Genesis Dragon, Integral
Grade 4 / Triple Drive / 15000+
[Stride text here]
[Auto]: When this unit appears in the (VC), if the number of face up cards in your G Zone with "Messiah" in its name is three or more, all fighters shuffle all cards in his or her hand into his or her deck, and draw 5 cards.
[Auto] [VC]: [CB1, & Choose a face down card from your G zone, and turn it face up] When this unit attacks, you may pay the cost. If you do, unlock all your locked cards. If you unlock three or more cards, SC1, draw a card and this unit gets [Power] +10000.

Dimensional Robo Battle Commander, Magna Daiheart
Grade 4 / Triple Drive / 15000+
[Stride text here]
[Act] [VC] [1/Turn]: [Choose a face down card from your G zone with the same card name as this unit, and turn it face up] This gets "[Auto] [VC]: [SB1] When your opponents' Guardian is called, you may pay the cost. If you do, reveal three cards on top of your deck, if all those cards have "Dimensional Robo" in their card name, choose a Grade 3 card among them and add it to your hand, if you do, choose an opponent's Guardian, retire it, and shuffle your deck."

The late game of WIXOSS is pretty intense

Not even an SJW, but I need more to my card game aesthetics than anime girls

What a shame, WIXOSS is 99% anime girls

There's only so much "girl in costume, skirts, and dresses" one man can take in terms of variety.

Hi, I'm looking for fun cheap (like $50-$70 cheap) buddyfight and vanguard decks. Don't have to be competitive. What are good options?

Vanguard;:
Rex ($20+)
Crystaldevil($15+)
Beast Deities($50+)
Buddyfight(Guessing):
Gaigrander
Caardian

That's too bad, user. Have a cute refrigerator.

After playing many card games, there isn't much to go for. Western = mtg, Eastern = ygo, everything else is just too small to have a large variety in artwork.

The best thing would be to play different games, so when you are in the mood for something specific, you just play that.

CFV and FCBF have pretty varied aesthetics.

Is Wixoss JP-only? I can read basic JP, but it seems like it won't be enough.

They have a decent vairety, but not that much, since their artwork basically relies on their clan/world. I don't know about BF, but vanguard has many clans and subclans that are straight up dead, or it gets support once in a blue moon.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

Dude, ygo has over a hundred of different archetypes that focus on different aesthetics and lore, from chess pieces of hell, to Sweets-based Princess Mansion. And the only thing mtg doesn't touch is futuristic stuff, because wotc already has netrunner for that.

CFV and FCBF barely gets to 10% of the variety ygo and mtg have.

FoW, being basically Nip MtG, has a good deal of variety. Lot of cute anime girl, but also some warriors, gribbly monsters, flashy magic, and big area scenes.

YGO has the advantage of a MUCH longer backlog.

The OP image is one of my favorite FoW artworks.

Thanks. I know in vanguard ere are grade 3s with special skills when you use stride, those seem strong. are there any cheap decks using a grade 3 like that?

>ygo has over a hundred of different archetypes that focus on different aesthetics and lore, from chess pieces of hell, to Sweets-based Princess Mansion.
Yugioh is 20 years old and 99% of those archetypes are dead. There is pretty much no diversity in the actual game since there are usually no more than 2 viable decks in every meta and half the cards in those decks are staples.

In Vanguard on the other hand you have clans that pander to every taste out there each of them having a viable (or semi-viable) deck.

You can build around Gaia, Diablo, Claret, or Bigbelly for pretty cheap.

Yes but I think the wiki has almost everything translated

Oh I really like the black knight aesthetic. Claret Sword and Diablo look interesting, are they fun and cheap?

They can be built for cheap (Diablo is a bit cheaper), but have room to upgrade.

There was another budget user building Claret Sword a few threads back. Pretty sure he posted his decklists too.

That list was around $70ish I think. I could try to write up a sub-$50 list.

Most of the archetypes are playable in some way. There is nothing wrong with having a 1/2 deck meta. It means mirrors are decided by skill and main/side deck choices.

You're comparing 3(FCBF) and 6(CFV) year old games to 20+ year mainstays.

You forgot that Vanguard works with subclans, and they are mostly dead too, and because of how Vanguard works, you can't use generic support to make any dead deck decent, like in ygo.

>99% of those archetypes are dead
It is true that most of those archetypes gets forgotten, but the most popular ones keeps receiving support. And since they keep printing new archetypes, you don't get tired of seeing the same thing over and over again.

>no more than 2 viable decks in every meta
It seems like you don't know what you are talking about. Because even when a certain archetype is in over 50% of the meta, they are almost never alone, since you can have multiple archetypes in the same deck. One of the metas was about having Elemental Living Hands, Carnivorous Plant Girls, and Living Weapons in the same deck, and it was king for quite some time.

>clans that pander to every taste
Although they may be cards that feature them, I don't remember vanguard having archetypes for popular folklore like zombies and spirits(they sparingly appeared in granblue, but not as a playable archetype), or even common things, like a deck of birds, or a deck of fishes.

>Wanting generic fish and birds
Also Buddyfight has an entire world dedicated to folklore and legends

Yugioh literally gives you the most freedom. You can build any deck without any restrictions other than the banlist. You can mix any archetypes. There isn't anything to limit what cards you can run together.

While it gives you the most freedom it still boils down to "Archetype + Staples + Off Archetype Engine"

>You forgot that Vanguard works with subclans, and they are mostly dead too
Yeah vanguard works with clans with each of them being (mostly) unique. I don't see how subclans matter in this context. Also, most of them are not dead.

>you can't use generic support to make any dead deck decent, like in ygo.
Yeah it's really great how you have to slap the same 3 cards into every deck and put the same combo into every deck. Really unique and diverse.

>Because even when a certain archetype is in over 50% of the meta, they are almost never alone,
Having to use the best engine at the time doesn't make the deck diverse. Nigga you literally have metas where all decks in the top 32 of a big tournament play the same fucking deck.

I really wish you yugioh drones would stay in /dng/ instead of shitting up our general. You already made up your mind before the argument even started.

>, I don't remember vanguard having archetypes for popular folklore like zombies and spirits(they sparingly appeared in granblue, but not as a playable archetype),
You even named it yourself. Granblue is literally based around undead pirates and ghosts. Hell, ghosts literally have their own deck.

> a deck of birds, or a deck of fishes.
It can't get any more boring than that.

I was talking about Vanguard especifically, I imagine Buddyfight also doesn't have that much coverage, considering it's even newer than vanguard.

>generic fish and birds
They are fun, there are many birds and fish lovers out there. I personally have a bird deck in mtg, and a fish deck in ygo.

Or engine + engine + engine + engine + staples + engine.

Buddyfight is similar but has way less division.
Only 10 worlds vs 26 clans
Generic world for off world support
Several multi world flags and archetypes
Some cards that are themselves multi world
Metric fuckton of sets

>I don't see how subclans matter in this context
I used to have a Muketeer deck in CFV a couple years ago, and it wouldn't blend in together with non-Musketeers. You couldn't just put any Neo-Nectar card in there and expect it to work.

>same 3 cards
There a hundreds of different engines, and if you really want to be competitive, there are at least twice that much archetypes/engines that are viable, many more if you compete only in locals.

>top 32 of a big tournament play the same fucking deck
Not even during Zoodiac supremacy this happened, this is because of how easy it is to mix archetypes and engines in ygo.

>Granblue
Give a me a playable zombie deck then, it is even a card subtype afaik. Although I was talking about spirits rather than ghosts, I will accept that.

>birds and fishes are boring
What if I think that generic dragons are even more boring? I would rather play a deck based around Fossils and Frogs than Dragons, and I did.

>You already made up your mind
This is not an argument. You still need to explain how CFV is more diverse than ygo despite ygo being over 10 years ahead of sets. And guess what, I haven't played yugioh in over a year.

10 worlds instead of 26 clans seems like a smart idea, although 2 of those 26 doesn't really count. And they already have expanded a lot since i started playing it, and I think that they got too much to handle now, they have to release a new booster set monthly to keep every clan updated at least once a year. And those don't count the subclans.

Alright, somebody uh, judge my Victor deck. Need some pointers or so. Here it is, a guaranteed winning team!

>G-Zone!
Meteokaiser, Gundreed x2 (G-guardian)
Meteokaiser, Unior x2 (G-guardian)
Meteokaiser, Dogantitan x4 (G-guardian)
Meteokaiser, Bustered x4
Winning Champ, Victor x2
Fang Dragon King Fist, Driger x2

>Grade 3 (7)
Zubat Battler, Victor x4
Exxtreme Battler, Danshark x3

>Grade 2 (12)
Extreme Battler, Arbarail x4
Extreme Battler, Sever-temper x4
Extreme Battler, Golshachi x4

>Grade 1 (14)
Extreme Battler, Arashid x4
Extreme Battler, Malyaki x4
Extreme Battler, Headstrong-battle x4
Extreme Battler, Jerohawk

>Grade 0 (17)
Extreme Battler, Kabutron x1 [V!]
Extreme Battler, Break-pass x4 [C!]
Red Lightning x4 [C!]
Extreme Battler, Gunseal x4 [H!]
Extreme Battler, Kachiwall x4 [S!]

Vanguard has too many clans to maintain. BF handles it by only introducing new multi world flags that mean other worlds get support at the same time

Looking to get into force of will, can anyone recommend me a starter deck?
I've been looking mostly at alice, lapis, and reiya clusters.
Wondering if the alice light+fire starter box is worth.

Hm. Do you happen to have a list (or know where to find lists)? Thanks!
I'll go through the archives and find the list. The $50 budget isn't a hard limit. Thanks!

>You still need to explain how CFV is more diverse than ygo despite ygo being over 10 years ahead of sets.
Alright, let's make it simple.
There are 24 Vanguard clans (not counting Etranger and the wrestling clan). All 24 of those unique clans have at least 1 tournament viable deck at any point in time. I'm not going to say anything about subclans as that is a topic of its own.

Now look at yugioh. Tournaments are ruled by the same 1 or 2 decks most of the time. And no, using the same 2 engines in every deck doesn't make it dverse. Small locals are a little more diverse but even the pet decks are usually build around the meta engine. Not to mention that people who bring meta decks to locals are still the majority lol.

>There a hundreds of different engines
Most of those ''engines'' are dead and forgotten.

>Not even during Zoodiac supremacy this happened
That's a lie.

>his is because of how easy it is to mix archetypes and engines in ygo.
Putting the same 2 engines that are the best at that moment into every deck doesn't make it diverse.

>What if I think that generic dragons are even more boring? I would rather play a deck based around Fossils and Frogs than Dragons, and I did.
No difference. I would rather play dinosaurs with lasers or undead pirates with ghost girls.

I can't believe someone here is actually trying to argue that yugioh is a diverse game.

Who the fuck cares about competitive events. Of fucking course people are going to use the best fucking deck if they're going to a fucking tournament. Why the fuck would anyone take a fucking petdeck to a fucking YCS? Fuck, a lot of fucking archetypes are fucking playable at a casual level. Yugioh has had pretty fucking diverse metas before. Fuck, I love saying fuck.

BF user here. I just love watching you two argue about this while I wait to recruit players

>subclans is a topic of its own
It isn't. They are the equivalent to yugioh archetypes.

>1 tournament viable deck at any point in time
Well, ygo has 6 attributes(if you don't count novelty ones), and each of them had at least 1 tournament viable deck at any point in time.

>petdeck is built around meta engine
You don't play ygo, right?

>majority of locals play meta
You definitely haven't gone to a locals either. Unless you consider everything in pic related meta.

>diverse meta
This is what you have been discussing all the time? I thought you were just trying to move the goalpost all the time, but you weren't even aiming at the same goal. If you didn't jump on the train you would know we are talking about diverse artwork.

Also, oh yeah man, the same 2 fucking decks, amirite? This is what the meta looked like the majority of the year.

During Zoodiac meta, less than half of the zoodiac decks were pure zoodiac, most were a mix of zoodiac with other archetypes or engines. So they weren't playing "the same fucking deck".

>True King Yang Zing Dinosaur
This sounds like a silly name for a dinosaur.

It's because they are actually 3 different archetypes in the same deck(True Kings, Yang Zing, and Dinosaurs). You can see that there is also a "Dinosaur Yang Zing" variant on the chart and stuff like "True Draco", and "Metalfoes Zefra True Draco".

Gil/Wind

That's because they change the name even if there are only 4 or 5 cards of something else in there.

I really wish ygotards would stay in one of the generals dedicated to their game.

As someone that plays both ygo, vg and bf, vg does have more variety in its metagame (most clans have at least 1 deck that have some chance of competing with the meta) but very low variety overall compared to yugioh.

While the ygo meta can be 1-3 decks at times, playing casually in ygo gives you insane options for decks. There are so many varied themes with different aesthetics and play styles.

What would I be looking at if I wanted to run midrange in Force of Will New Frontiers? I think that the game looks like fun, but I am not entirely sure where to start in that respect.

>They are the equivalent to yugioh archetypes.
It's not that simple.

>Well, ygo has 6 attributes(if you don't count novelty ones), and each of them had at least 1 tournament viable deck at any point in time.
You are trolling me, aren't you?

>You don't play ygo, right?
Not anymore, no.

>Also, oh yeah man, the same 2 fucking decks, amirite? This is what the meta looked like the majority of the year.
Using the same deck + a different engine doesn't make the meta diverse

Fuck off to /dng/ you autist

I feel like you didn't really get into the game before jumping out to understand the similarities. I used to play vanguard since its first set until sometime before G happened, mostly because the scenario here died.

I think Malefic Yggdrasil is a midrange deck? Not too sure, resources for the game are kinda hard to come by.

>comparing yugioh to vanguard
They're pretty fucking different, the only similarities is how critical your hand size is at any given point in the game.

I'd say Buddyfight and Yugioh are closer points of comparison really.
Also, let's find peace by looking at this cute dragon

Yugioh isn't that much critical about hand size. Yugioh has crazy draw and search power, so you are really worried about what cards are in your starting hand, since you can't mulligan.
Also, yugioh has an extra deck, which is basically 15 cards that are always in your "hand".

Buddyfight seems cool, but its raging boner for dragons somewhat puts me off of the game.

>8 G-Guards and 8 G-Units

Take out three G-Guardians and put in 2 Victoplasma and 1 Sebreeze, and here's what I'd replace some of the main deck line up

- Replace 4 Arbarail with 4 Ninjard since Ninjard doesn't use soul and it can be reused
- Replace 4 Headstrong Battle with 4 Lady Cyclone because more countercharge

In ygo, you can just combo off and win the game with 1 card in your hand, so I agree that hand size isn't really critical.

Dragons are only really concentrated in 4 of the worlds which also contain other themes.
Everything else is decently diverse

Hey man, I need the real deal, where are the monster girls.

That's where we run into issues. The girls are pretty much concentrated in the superheroines with a few in other decks.

>1 card combos
Come on now, even in ygo those are few and far between. Most game winning combos require at least 3-4 cards minimum. Though shit like Lawnmowing that triggers a ton of graveyard effects in lightsworn/zombies still exists, it's been limited to 1. And those FTK loops that you see people post on to youtube all the time require all cards in the starting hand to work.

>winning combos requires 3-4 cards minimum
Almost every deck can create OTK boards with 3~4 cards. The thing is that most of those combos don't really protect themselves, so if your opponent disrupts it, you are pretty much fucked. People usually only complains when it starts needing only 1~2 cards to combo, and that is usually the treshold where the combo is banned on the next banlist.

That is mostly why I quit ygo, the game balances itself by being ridiculously broken, and it reached a point where you don't expect to have a second turn in a competitive game, so you don't run cards that needs to wait a turn to be useful. And about 1 card combos, it looks crazy, but it is because ygo has the 15 card extra deck, so even though the combo requires 12 cards to work, you only need 1 of them to be in your hand, because 7 of them are already in your extra "hand", and those cards will fetch the remaining 4 from your deck.

Give me a specific example of those OTKs off of one card and 7 cards in the extra deck. I'd love to see them.

Anyone know how Force of Will is doing? Haven't played since the middle of the Grimm Cluster.
Also is there a viable pic related deck out there?

Force of Will looks so fucking good, too bad where I live people only play mtg. And I can't order them without going overseas.

Little Red rotated a while ago was never that good because 200 def, lol.

>Don't expect a second turn
But this is why handtraps exist, so you don't get immediately fucked for going second. While it is true that most decks can shit out a board that'll kill via battle damage, there's nothing much stopping you from running cards like Ghost Ogre/Ash Blossom to negate activations or heck even Battle Fader if you're that desperate.
>Disruption
There are ways to get around it though, like SPYRAL combos off of Machine Dupe and either Drone that end in Firewall, Number 41, Tri-Gate and Utility Wire to disrupt plays via effect negation and bouncing. Though using SPYRALs as an example doesn't help the argument about hand size since they only need 2 cards to pull that shit before the new banlist hits.

Out of curiosity, are there games which you would run cards that require to sit on the field for a prolonged time to do anything anyway? Vanguard has stuff with AUTO/CONT effects that would probably be nice to have on the board.

>rotated a while ago
Fuck are all my cards out-of-date now? Shit.

Pic related is pretty similar but legal in NF. She's a bit less aggressive herself but you can always just play other aggro resonators, especially with that ping ability on her Ruler side.

It's also the same character.

Was it ever explained why Lunya is the front and Cthulhu monster is on the back?

Any yugioh players have tips for playing lavals?

That name is something else.

Build a time machine and go back to 2014 before rekindling got hit.

laval quasar boys

The current rotation New Frontiers rotation is excellent, especially now that the EU bans are universal. Riding Hood isn't in the format anymore sadly. You can run Reiya+Dark Riding Hood I suppose.

>prolonged time
The thing is how much games consider prolonged time. In ygo, 1 turn is basically half of the game, and a card that requires 2 turns is basically useless, while in most other card games, it usually goes around 10~14 turns(5~7 for you, and 5~7 for your opponent), and in most card games, it is impossible to win before a determined turn, not because of the rules, but because of how much resources/damage you can possibly generate until that turn, and that usually defines early, mid, and late game. In ygo, there isn't resources restricting the player, so it is late game from the first turn.

I'm not a yugioh player but I have a tip: Go to /dng/.

I found the Pastebin pastebin.com/Pst7bGGY
What are some of upgrades that can be made?

I'm sorry user I have no clue. I just remembered that budget user talking about it. I guess all you can do is look up the newest Shadow Paladin support and compare it to the cards in the deck. Maybe there is something else worth getting. Though the new Helheim stride is already in there so he probably looked up everything.

Do any of you guys play these games on Lackey? I kind of wanted to try Caster Chronicles online, as I can actually find people to play with that way.

Yeah, before that card was even printed. Kaguya did something that sealed the strongest (I guess?) Cthulhus in human forms, and Lunya was Nyarlathotep's new human form.

I can build Gaia without dogmas or parasaulaunchers, or Chronojet without nextages for about the same cost. Which one is more value?

Jet. You can still make do with Groovy and Next.

But but what about dark decks?

Aaaayyyyyy Caster Chronicles is getting a second set lads. Thank fuck it’s not dead (yet).