Female Orcs

Are there female orcs in your setting?

If so, what is their relation to male orcs? Social equals? Matriarchs?

Also, post female orcs please.

what a nice elf.

Looks half orc and half Klingon. Ugly as fuck. I prefer non-gender orcs in games like in the Lord of the Rings. Birthed by evil and stuff.

This isn't an orc, though. The artist that drew this picture labeled it an elf.

This is a beautiful elf you've got there.

The resemblance is uncanny.

Right?

I didn't really like the "birthed by evil" thing. Growing in pits?

thats just a black person with pointy ears mate

Kinda cute orc.

I see what the artist did there.

Orcs are pure evil. Why not be birthed by it?

Don't be racist dude.

She looks like the orc chick from the Warcraft movie.

>inb4 nigger orks
>inb4 nigger elves
oh wait

I've got more.

>Don't be racist dude.
I'm not sure its possible to have humanoid fantasy (or sci-fi) races without being at least a little bit racist... because you're effectively exaggerating the differences of humans to make non-humans

Interesting observation.

Ok, I'm just saying the big nose, fat lips and dark skin doesn't make that a black person. It's clearly an orc. They commonly share those feature in fantasy but it doesn't make them meant to be standins for black people.

If it's beautiful it's an elf. If not then it's an orc. That, I think makes it ableist, rather than racist.

Beauty is subjective.

Like that's a powerful looking orc you posted, but he seems clearly young and isn't scarred from being in many fights.

>what is their relation to male orcs? Social equals? Matriarchs?

Equal in rights, but different in roles.
The male orcs do the vast majority of raiding, pillaging, as well as just regular wholesome hunting.
Female orcs meanwhile stay in the village, doing the stuff necessary to keep it going, ranging from traditional feminine duties like taking care of the children, to stuff like making weapons, building fortifications etc. They are also trained in combat, in case the village gets attacked.

So the enemy in your game setting is traditional gender roles?

Do this next

>Orcs are pure evil. Why not be birthed by it?
Not even Tolkien, the man whose orcs you are referencing, considered orcs to be "pure evil."

Might be a half-orc, to be honest. The hair, coloring, most facial features all say orc, but no tusks.

After centuries of failed attempts to peacefully integrate Orcs into civilized living, they were driven to the darkest corners of the world, then slaughtered to extinction.
So, I guess the females are "social equals" to the males.

what a nice elf.

So this is shitposting tread about blacksand shit. Ok I guess will just leave, There's no discussion here about Orks, I should have seen this by looking at the picture OP posted.

>Orks
orcs

Not really
Nearly everyone in my setting adheres to them in one way or the other, with the exception of Elves and Dwarves The other races mock them for it. Claiming it is because they can not tell their own men and women apart
Dwarves and most Elves are egalitarian.
The Drow are oppressively matriarchal.
So are Gnolls.

There are no female Orks
There are however female Orcs

Are you sure this a female?

>Don't be racist dude.

New here? Welcome!

>Equal in rights, but different in roles.

I've never actually ran this setting, but I like the idea of an orcish matriarchy. The basic idea is that male orcs die too quickly to acquire wisdom and leadership skills, so the clan chieftess rules in matters of state and her chosen concubines rules in matters of war. The few magic users are female because the males are too busy killing shit to prove their worth and attract the interest of a female to learn magic. The birth rate skews heavily male so only the best warriors attract a mate, ensuring strong bloodlines. This also explains the prevalence of half-breeds. The average female spends her time raising and creating children as well as taking care of domestic matters. Orcish Noblewomen might hold gladitorial matches to choose a mate, with some clans' Noble class having human or elvish feature do to the tastes of earlier matrons.

>shitposting
>putting sage into the wrong field

Looks like reddit came to visit.

Yes, orcs do have females and their society is biologically hardwired to be matriarchal. The females are significantly larger than the already physically powerful male orcs. They are barely inconvenienced by pregnancies and are firmly in control of the mating process, leading to the males competing for female attention through feats of prowess and bravery. The females are smart and aggressive, competing amongst each other for leadership positions in their clans.

There are female orcs, but no male orcs. They have to rely on other races for procreation.
Because it is my fetish

Beautiful pixie.

Equal but not the same

I like the idea of gladitorial matches. Orcs being violent because they have to show off to the matriarchs, as if the spartans had a bee-hive for family model.

>Are there female orcs in your setting?
Yes
>If so, what is their relation to male orcs?
Since the average female is weaker than the average male and since my orcs are actual orcs, most of them live as slaves. Not because of their gender but because they are weak.
>Also, post female orcs please.
Just imagine a short scrawny male orc with skinny tits. Female orcs in my setting are not in any way attractive to humans, in-setting or in real life.

Similar in my setting, but with the plot-related point that chieftains' or shamans' daughters aren't permitted to fight or hunt, they're chattel expected to be married off onto chiefs or shamans of nearby tribes.

Leads to lots of runaway orc princess adventurers.

awww

Goddamint user
I'm trying to hide my power level at work at you're bringing this out

Goddamnit stop with this reddit shit

The site is an autistic shithole, sure, but that doesn't mean that literally everything you don't like comes from there

We need a new target like twitter or somthing

>inb4 hurr hurr the redditor is angry

I used the site once in 2009 and that was only to figure out what /b/ was always bitching about

>inb4 hurr hurr the redditor is angry
You have proven that the shoe fits to, so you need to kill yourself.

>We need a new target like twitter or somthing
No "we" need you to fuck off Veeky Forums.

These are elves, they have no tusks so they aren't orcs. Nice try.

Yes they're witches and haruspex that interpret the omens sent by the Midwives of the aborted god aka Atropal. Orcs follow the philosophies of annihilation, through which they nurture their god.

Orcs don't have to have tusks. Nice try.

>Orcs don't have to have tusks
Yes they do, or need to be terribly ugly like tolkien orcs.

If you're implying that they're ugly, you're fucking racist and need to go back to /pol/

go move your goalposts back on tumblr, these ugly orcs don't need to be saved by you

This needs more female orcs.

>orcs are pure evil

Lol no, not even Tolkien considered his orcs pure evil and their alignment varies wildly depending on the setting. Warcraft orcs are pretty chaotic good for example, and TES orcs are basically neutral

No shit there's no ork discussion? Read the OP, it says orc...

>Trying this hard to shift the target to someone else

Unironically kill yourself

Why is it so hard to find sci-fi fem-orks?

Ignore the troll, there's been orc discussion aplenty here.

>this whole post

While you're right about the other settings, Tolkien considered his orcs pure evil and he felt conflicted about it because he didn't like the idea of a lack of free will on their part. At least in the few official statements we have on it. He ultimately seemed to leave it without an official answer.

However I feel he did have an answer in their origins. Orcs were elves. They had to be beaten and mis-shapen into what they are. The obvious solution is that if they stopped being evil, they'd stop being orcs as they heal into their original forms. It takes conscious effort to be an orc, so being an orc is a choice.

I find it funny how black people and Orcs look so similar and behave so similar. In fact Orcs are basically just fantasy stand-ins for niggers.

Everything, from their muh-dikking and rape of human women, to their tribal worthless societies that never achieve any civilization, to their incessant violence against other races, the resemblance is uncanny.

You see a raiding party of orcs.

I see a blacksmith, a cordwainer, a menu author.

Ignore the trolls? But why?

Orcs being corrupted elves is the most popular theory since it's what the movies and the Silmarillion went by, but it wasn't the only one and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense in the larger cosmology, simply because of the simple question of whether orcs would go to the Halls of Mandos or not

Originally the idea was that they were fully the product of Morgoth's sorcery, but that was even worse because it implied that Morgoth was able to create life

What about this? Elf, or an orc?

I thought Tolkien Orc's were elves subjected to the song of dissonance for generations? Wouldn't that mean that without a corrupting influence they would gradually return to neutral?

ambiguously middle eastern human

Yeah, but for exactly the reasons you mentioned Tolkien shied away from that explanation in later life. Orcs being elves would imply some pretty nasty, unintended things about the cosmology - for example, the life and fate of elves is largely predetermined and they may or may not have true free will at all, so if orcs are elves that would imply it is Eru's will for them to be misshapen, spiteful monsters and that their divinely ordained role in history is to be slaughtered by the good guys. And if their immutable, immortal souls are still elven deep down, that would mean the Halls of Mandos are mostly composed of traumatized elves who were orcs in life

Tolkien came up with other ideas, like them being animals who were made sentient by Morgoth, but he ended up preferring the explanation of them being twisted men.

both of you need to hang yourselves

after you, edgelord

what shit kind of an orc is that supposed to be.

good one, faggot

They're like female dwarves - you'd never know they were female unless you checked the genitalia or were yourself an orc.

Are there female halflings in your setting?

If so, what is their relation to male halflings? Social equals? Matriarchs?

Also, post female halflings please.

Make your own thread. Reported.

Are there female dwarves in your setting?

If so, what is their relation to male dwarves? Social equals? Matriarchs?

Also, post female dwarves please.

Nice orc.

I mean, are there any major settings which don't have female halflings? Even Tolkien had them, in fact a point is made out of Sam getting married and having a daughter once he goes back to the Shire

I would unironically want to play as an orc if they looked like the OP.

Orcs really run the gambit in terms of appearances.

I'm like 90% sure that's just an elf with african features.

That's how orcs were made. Evil forces took beautiful elves and tortured them, made them violent, and altered their appearance to something uglier.

>Matriarchs?
This. They're what people call Drow, and they tend to have most of the political power within their cities but only rarely venture forth from them. Their males compose the vast majority of their military force, to the point where you wouldn't even know they had women at all if you only had them to go by.

I prefer my orcs with tusks.

they do many things that women in primitive societies are doing
sexual dimorphism modifiers: -4 str (to compare: human females have -2, elf females -1, orcs as a race have +2 str),-2 con

orc pride!

>ambiguously middle eastern human

So Tumblrkin then?

not ugly enough

>Are there female orcs in your setting?

Yes

>If so, what is their relation to male orcs?

Inferiors by default, even modernized orc societies are patriarchal af, they are the misogynist equivalent of Drow with the exception that orcs do value their women in their own patronizing way instead of just thinking of them as useless, they are also willing to let them become honorary equals if they prove themselves but never superiors under any circumstance

Negro "artists" are gonna start portraying orcs as blacks now

That is a human, user.

I love it

Your choice

Now?

Whats wrong with that?, being completely sincere you have to concede orcs have been an amalgam of black and amerindian stereotypes ever since they were pried from the cold hands of Tolkien

STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM EUROPEAN MYTHOLOGY

Shitskins arent human tho

>Warcraft orcs
>pretty chaotic good