Battlefleet Neoclassical

Due to it's magnificent arcades, refined use of ornamentation, grand domes and superior medium range energy mounts, Battlefleet Neoclassical is superior to Battlefleet Gothic.

Other urls found in this thread:

vanguardminiatures.co.uk/product-category/battlegroup-helios/helian-fleet/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

St Paul's is Baroque you PLEB.

Alas, it has been done already.

Is that Freiza's spaceship on the right?

I'm intrigued. What is it?

Looks like the Hagia Sophia (turkish variant)

>6 minarets
Not the Aya Sophia, but the Blue Mosque in Istanbul

I'd love to see Battlefleet Deco, personally.

Dystopian Wars

Rocketmen was a Constructible Strategy Game with Art Deco spaceships. Long gone due to bad sales.

>Art Deco
They seem like run of the mill atompunk era space ships. I was more talking about Chrysler building with engines.

Kickass.

O Rly?

Battlefleet Post-modern on the other hand sure is something.

Not really sure what, but it's something.

We do know that it probably thinks you're racist.

Is Star Wars Battlefleet Brutalist?

I would also do Battlefleet Corinthian

>tfw suddenly the Legio XI you're building has a theme

Battlefleet Brutalist is where it's at

>Not Battlefleet Deco
Plebs, all of you.

>Atompunk

Atompunk is just 1950s Art Deco.

What about just plain classical?
It'd fit the duality of nobility and brutality of the Imperium better than neoclassical (much the same way gothic does), the simplified nature matches the lack of refinement of the cruel 40k universe, there's a greater emphasis on heroic proportion, and there's some other historical themes it echos better as well

Thought that was Raygun Gothic.

So, Homeworld?

>Any battlefleet or architecture other than gothic

>when you come for faith but stay for booty

>praise the lord

>posting booty for ants
You are clearly beyond the Emperor's light.

>it's gothicc

The perils of phoneposting

So what does each architectural style say about the people who have it?

came here to say this:
Timewise:
Gothic->Baroque->Romantic->Neo-classical->gothic revival->Modernisme->art nouveau->functionalism->art deco->futurism->new moderne->brutalist->structuralism->googie->post-structuralist->blobitecture->contemporary->deconstructivist->hi-tech->neo-modern->new classical->neo-futurism->moe blobitecture

that's actually "googie" with a bit of Streamline Moderne - both were taking the core idea of art deco and going in opposite directions with it that together made up the 1950s aesthetic.

Where art deco mixed curves and lines to contrast with each other and create striking silhouettes, Googie went one step further and actively used combinations of circles, curves, spirals and especially the religious avoiding of right angles whenever possible to create deliberately unconventional shapes, a googie sign would either have the letters all out of alignment with each other, or flowing along curves that never fully complete an arc - a roof might be deliberately inverted so the lowest point is in the middle and the ends rise up, and then make one end higher than the other or have the entire thing also slightly ascue or misaligned relative to the four corners of the building underneath it, and then all the signage around it is mae up of circles or lozenges so they further stand out.

Streamline modern then went the polar opposite route, so where art deco contrasted lines and curves and Googie used them to deliberately clash, streamline modern fused them until all curves and lines merged into a conhesive and consistent shape throughout the building or machine, and to avoid sharp angles in its outlines, often to the ends of mimicing the looks of contemporary jet aircraft, only breaking "aerodynamic" outlines with the iconic 50's "wings" and protusions that both created the impression like they were aerdynamic control surfaces AND also repeated or reinforced a set of curves and lines that dominated the rest of the design.

for comparison pic related is Streamline Modern despite being that train from the really "art deco" BTAS series; the machines in that show were far more streamline modern while the buildings were art deco - the key difference is that if you see a building that looks like a boat or ship, a train that looks like a missile or plane and a car that looks like a spaceship, you're generally dealing with streamline modern rather than art deco.

So streamline moderne would be emphasising speed and power - I'm sure I've heard a description of the streamlined trains as "looking like they're going 100 miles an hour standing still", and to me the long lines would emphasise few but powerful key components

Okay, these battlefleets are getting out of hand here.

How many of these after googie are fake?

>O Rly?

Yup, this is an Ottoman Empire Dreadnought I think.

What about Battlefleet Modernism?

RIP

A cubist ship would be Tzeentchian

>Battlefleet Deco
See Battlegroup Helios-those of us who still play BFG treat them as another pattern of Imp. ships, seeing as how the weapon modules are cross-compatible
vanguardminiatures.co.uk/product-category/battlegroup-helios/helian-fleet/

pic related is a bit bigger than an IN cruiser

Oh man, Art Deco marines is a great idea

>Rocketeer Assault Marines

unf

Looks decent for a word bearers pre-heresy era ship.

You're thinking of Battlefleet Post-Post Modern. Battlefleet Post Modern is just an amalgamation of shapes and styles that span every decade between 1950-2000

Yes, holy shit that is a great idea. There armor is a burnished gold with dull red accents. A brown wash for the recesses.... Who is their mortal enemy though? Green Tyranids?

I'd go with a weirdly tame group of Deldar, Space-barbarian orcs/CSM, or especially buggy nids

I like the Tame Deldar... maybe they really favor communities, and have a subtle WW2 Stalinist flavor to them?

>not Tau Commies

do you fucking even

How could we not have realized. You are absolutely correct. What color are the Tau commies, though?

I honestly forgot blueberries existed, though they do cut more of a Red China vibe than the good old Evil Ruskies that would make sense for an Atompunkish marine chapter to fight.

Tau commies are china

Chaos Space Marine commies are Russia

Yes. I would love to see a 40k from the Art Deco period

>What color are the Tau commies, though?
Sadly Vel'khan has no color yet it would be perfect

green with red, in imitation of Mao

The space Marines meanwhile should be Gold and Blue because - yes, Stormcast Eternals are basically Art Deco Space Marines. You could even model some by stealing them helmets

I think a burnt red goes better with the gold for Art Deco, honestly. But blue could look cool, I suppose

Not really, it was bought out by the company that does Wild West Exodus, and they intend to merge those universes (ie. the Federates States faction is getting a bit more wild), but otherwise just continue the line for the most part. So no, it's not dead, at least not yet.

I mean I like the idea of TauChicoms, but does that mesh with the interwar Deco aesthetic, or is this going more late 40s/50s?

This feels more the former

Moe blobitecture is a joke, but probably a reference to the anime girl structures in Japan. Otherwise, it's all real.

Huh, I thought "blobitecture" was taking the piss, but apparently not. Huh.

Though some of the later stuff (new classical, for example) seems a bit less defined or explored.

So are there any setting-agnostic rulesets for fleet battles out there? All the ones i know of have a fixed setting and specified models attached to them which is a bummer...

Fucking architects man. I bet most of these look identical.