Nibbas whomst'd've bitch about old english spelling

>I need use archaic spelling because I'm original

It's been a while since we had this thread

>grimoire

what wrong with that?

My campaign is called Grimwyrd
It is wildly popular, two years running
So there's that.

Also wyrm is the only way to spell that type of Dragon? OP is a nitpicking fag I think

Grim-mawh

>Demon
Angry beast from hell
>Daemon
Background process on a computer

Can you imagine how costly a mix-up there would be? OP's still a fag, just like the last time we had this thread, and the time before, and the time before that.

It's not supposed to have an e on the end.

Yes it fucking is

Whoops, I guess you're right.

Only fairys spell fairy fairie

>magitek

>womyn

hey fat dudes I'm new and on christmas break, how do I downvote this thread?

>>djinni
The fuck is wrong with using the actual name?

remember, a thread died for this

Nothing.
OP is dumb as usual

every damn time

>humankind

>They're not Orcs, they're Grgranan!
>They're not elves, they're Estalviani!
>They're not Dwarves, they're Dumberbar!
>They're not Goblins, they're Groknuk!

Fuck this. Call it what it is. Generic fantasy doesn't become ungeneric by changing the words, and vice versa. If you're going to do something interesting to an orc at least call the fucker an orc.

I missed you user, haven't seen one of these threads in quite some time

>Ælves are Fae related

>not writing it "jinn"

Tell that to AoSfags at GW

>not writing it الجني

How else do you spell gryphon?

some people say griffin or griffon.

gryphon is closest to the OG greek version though if we're being honest.

>Latinx

>Elves aren't fey related

Yes, and?

>vampire, wytch, magick
Questionable spelling that brings little to no additional context.

>daemon
Daemon isn't a demon. Daemon is any supernatural entity (usually spiritual in origin) that is summoned to perform a specific task.
Think "daemon" as per its computer software definition.

>wyrm, grimoire, gryphon, faerie, djinnie
Perfectly fine when used appropriately.

Grimoire is both the correct and the original spelling.

Gryphon is the original spelling that is used everywhere except English-speaking countries. It's like "pineapple", which is called "ananas" everywhere else.
E.g.: "Гpифoн", but not "гpиффин".

Wyrm is is both the correct and the original spelling, used to specifally denote giant serpent-like creatures that have little to do with worms.

Faerie is the original spelling, used to specifically denote the mysterious Fae folk, with Summer/Winter courts and shit, and Fey folk has little to do with whimsical little winged creatures that we call "fairies".

Djinn (not "djinnie" as in OP post, mind you) is the original spelling that is used everywhere except English-speaking countries.
E.g.: "Джинн", but not "Джинни".

Also, if you want a funny fact, "Maxwell's demon" is actually corruption of "Maxwell's daemon".
The depiction that we see of a small horned devil-like creature of the Maxwell's daemon appeared exactly due to this corruption, and after that, the "demon" spelling when referring to "Maxwell's demon" became the common one.

Magick was actually coined by Aleister Crowley to differentiate his occultism from "Magic"

To be fair they only did that for IP purposes. GW makes amazing models and good games but fuck them for blowing up a world full of unexplored lore just for a couple extra pennies.

alt + f4

Well what I want to know is
Wheres the caveman?

>drygyn

Let me tell you about Sevastapol's safety protocols...

>Gryphon is the original spelling that is used everywhere except English-speaking countries.
In Swedish it's called Grip.

>rogue

... what's wrong with djinni?

>grimoire
What's wrong with this?

It's Warizard

>Gryphon is the original spelling that is used everywhere except English-speaking countries
What about the Finnish aarnikotka? Bet you didn't think of that.

It's Wario?

It's not a quest, so it's okay.

You:
>Nibbas whomst'd've bitch about old english spelling

Me, an intellectual:
>Ye aulde Nibbae whomst'd've bitched about ye aulde Aenglish spellance

FPBP

Havent seen this copypasta in a while.

There a lot of shit on this board that makes me wish quests were okay.

More than half the board is reposts and 'waaah I lost an argument better make a shitpost about a stupid thing'.

>Say something you're really certain about
>Someone posts a knockdown counterargument to it and calls you a retard
>Feel ashamed
>Close tab
>Hide thread
>Wait for it to be archived
>"Ha! I s-s-sure showed him!"
I can't be the only one who does this, right?

*magyck

*faerie

Came here to post this.

I like Gryphon. Wyrm is an established thing and Faerie is fine depending on context.

>Aenglish

What about Uruk, Álfr, Dvergr, and Kobalos?

Anglicized names are weird.

>not Wampyr

>not writing it Gin

I certainly don't. I hide literal nothing on Veeky Forums, and if I found a thread interesting before losing and argument I'm certainly not gonna run away with my tail between my legs and whine like a kicked Chihuahua. I'm just gonna fade back into the wall of anonymous rhubarb and pretend to be someone else. Maybe even join the bandwagon rebuking my foolish post. Especially if it's so bad it's screencapworthy

>You can't lose if you switch sides
Are you Italian or something?

What's wrong with "latinx"? It's easy to remember because it starts with "la" like a Mexican word and it rhymes with "stinks".

>djinni
People are aware the relationship between Genie and Djinni is just false-friend, right?

The problem lies in pronunciation. How the fuck do you say that word, user?
Also, it's a stupid post-modern word that means fucking nothing, so there's that.

"La tinks". How else would you pronounce it?

>people can't make new words or grammar rules unless I specifically approve of them

Ha ha, gosh is so stupid I'm so glad I'm not him.

Yes, and?

Your party is confronted by a Latinx - a fearsome creature with the head of a man, the body of a chihuahua, and a massive sombrero. If you successfully perform the Mexican Hat Dance for it, it will answer any three questions truthfully; but beware, for if you fail it will devour you.
How does your party fare?

What about long wordy scientific names for everything

I also false flag as my opponents. Think up a horribly undefendable strawman to take their argument to while pretending to be them, then watch as they get attacked by other anons and lose all credibility.

Predominantly Celt and Saxon, but I guess even 1/32 Jew can make one occasionally weasely.

If it's any consolation I only use the false flag technique as a way to remove people derailing decent threads with cancer.

>Look mom, I posted it again!

Yeah the backstory and timing of the end times/AoS clusterfuck is really funny. They're simultaneously less and more up their own asses now than they were then. I'll give you good models though.

Isn't djinni correct, though? Or at least, one of the generally accepted romanizations?

speak english, not arabic

>Gryphon is the original spelling that is used everywhere except English-speaking countries

English is the default human language. Our 'common' if you will.

We gave you faggots a containment board instead of outright banning your quests, so shut up.

Not everyone wanted 30 variations of Loli Pantsu Adventure Part 4593 up at all times.

>Ÿlf

>user makes a long detailed post refuting my argument point by point
>reply with 'autism'

>not using rouge

Loli Pantsu Adventure didn't go anywhere, it just took a bait cover

so then Daemon is the correct spelling, as 'demons' are summoned to perform the thing that they're named for. cocksuckzael, the cock sucker of the third ring, etc..

All demons are daemons, but not all daemons are demons.

daemon and demons are different things in the D&D and pathfinder worlds.

came here to this

wait, but djinni is the proper singular of djinn

>thyss threade againe

>succ
>protecc
>fuccboi
>boipucci

>t h i c c

> All demons are daemons, but not all daemons are demons.
Yes, pretty much.

> All demons are daemons, but not all daemons are demons.
Yes, pretty much.

The "demon" spelling indicates specifically the malevolent, infernal variety of a daemon.

who's 'we' faggot?

>I only use the false flag technique as a way to remove people derailing decent threads with cancer.
>by flooding it with even more cancer

Peak retardation. Literally SJW-Tier.

>Questionable spelling that brings little to no additional context.
Fuck off Ivan. Those are all legit historical spellings

>Vampyre
Living vampire who comes from a demiplane located in the backyard of the Demiplane of Dread from a victorian era society where human are cattle
>Wytch
Used for the Ravenloft Wytch class, also, unisex- so the males aren't called Warlocks anymore to stop confusion
>Daemon
Yugoloths/Derogatory Term for foreign deity
>Magick
Simply another term
>Grimoire
Not all books go by the same fucking name
>Gryphon
No idea
>Faerie
Correct term- owing homage to their species as fey
>Djinni
Native term for Genie kind
A lot of what you're bitching about is really just correct terminology for actual things you have named through the way commoners and low-born filth refer to such things in such rampant ways that it became the 'new name' for them- you're effectiely doing the same garbage word sthick Americans do with the English language. Which leads me to believe you're a filthy 56% Mutt. Stop removing the letter 'u' from everything.

There is no reason to use them over the more common spellings, though.
There is no reason to use "wytch" or "vampyre" over "witch" and "vampire" respectively, and there is no reason to use "magick" over "magic".
Just use the term "occultism", for fuck's sake, or "mystery", or "thaumaturgy" or whatever if you really want to go full-on Crowley and accentuate the difference between the supernatural that stems from a patron and the supernatural that stems from self.

The ones I've outlined below have legitimate justifications for using them, either because they bring additional context/meaning to the table, or because they are more justified from the standpoint of linguistics due to them being more universal.

Also,
> Ivan
A swing and a miss there, buddy. Those are just the only examples I've managed to remember that have the least resemblance to Latin family, and yet still illustrate the point made.

>fyghter