/tgesg/ - Elder Scrolls General

Where is the dude who usually starts these Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[TES 5E Conversion] uestrpg.wixsite.com/home

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos, except for Fyr's Wives.
Previous kalpa:

Other urls found in this thread:

project-tamriel.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1088
vocaroo.com/i/s0YiO5jnls1f
youtube.com/watch?v=Npr7RMQs_rQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Happy last TGESG of 2017

>implying the Nerevarine isn't Dunmer
>implying The Hero of Kvatch isn't an Imperial
>implying The Dragon Born isn't a Nord

>mfw Talos heretics

Am I the only one who can't help but use the race that is obviously intended to be the main characters race?
I'm sorry, but the Gods are not choosing a fucking sap sucker to defeat Alduin. Or a gods damned furry.

The Gods are capricious, and will do whatever they damn well please BECAUSE it pleases them at that particular point in time. Pathetic mortals rarely get a say in the matter.

I play whatever I feel like, but I totally get it. Being a dragonborn feels less liberating than Nerevarine, or even the Champion. Lately I don't even start the main quest anymore because I don't want the, frankly, overpowered shouts.

>elf KKK

So considering we've had Daedric Lords feature in a lot of main game plotlines and dlc, who do you think is gonna be the Daedric Lord in TES VI? Morrowind had Azura and Hircine, Oblivion used Mehrunes Dagon and Sheogorath, and Skyrim had Hermaeus Mora. Personally I want to know more about Peryite. What's his deal? Why does he have six limbs like some kind of weirdo?

Can anyone recommend me some good content mods for Morrowind?
I ask here because I'm assuming you guys are more strict about lore and writing, people all over praise and recommend shit like Morrowind Rebirth and Rise of House Telvanni.
Only content mod that I liked is Tamriel Rebuilt (I only played the Mainland installment).
I've been eying Doors of Oblivion, it seems promising.

Overpowered is a weird term to use for them, since they are not really competing with anything else. What are they overpowered relative to? Not having shouts?

I can get not wanting them but overpowered is a weird term for it. My issue with them is that most of 'Fun utility' ended up in shouts rather than there being many fun utility spells.

>Peryite
>six limbs
Skooma's a hell of a drug

Meridia would be a good one.
>Have fucking Mannimarco find his way back yet again, and have an all out war from the cult of Meridia declare war on his ass.
jyggylag would be interesting.
>something like hammerfall against the thalmor. as the story progresses, start finding clues that their worship of akatosh is...wrong. leads to proof of interactions with knights of order (remember, no one remembers jyggalag at the height of his power), and that by rebuilding the physical sense of crystal-like-law will directly bring jyggalag into nirn bypassing Akatosh's barrier.

>jyggylag
Best daedra

>expanding on that last one, during events of oblivion their "tower" was the crystal tower or crystal-like-law (an attempt to exert order and ascension upon nirn) and was physically destroyed during the crisis. However, its spiritual counterpart remains because the stone of the tower was not destroyed. methinks the stone of the tower could be the heart of jyggalag, a crystal stone bound by the truest expression of order.

peyrite would be good for plagues. sanguine is too much of a party whore to have real plots. namira is too obscure for much. molag bal had his heyday, as did azura, hermaeus mora, hircine, mehrunes dagon and sheogorath. mephala could be good for a long-arching assasination plot or something. it would have to involve the dark brotherhood as a rival faction maybe?

Jiub is the Nerevarine, the man next to him died of cardiac arrest right before reaching Vvardenfell.

What would be a good setting for TES VI? I would like this

>stormcloaks won civil war
>kicked out the thalmor and empire
>made a pact with hammerfell to help each other when necessary
>dominion tries and fails to invade high rock
>nords and redguards recognize this moment of weakness and do an all out attack on summerset
>completely sack and destroy every big city killing every elf man, woman or child that gets in their way
>game takes place in valenwood where the thalmor are planning their next move
>the player character gets recruited into a group of guerilla fighters covertly supported by the empire that try to end the thalmor rule ove valenwood

>nord power fantasy
No thanks.

What exactly happened in the Imperial city when Cosades was recalled? Do you think the Emperor's sons were really Jagar Tharn's doppelgangers or was that just a conspiracy spread by an organisation such as the Talos Cult?

Not the user you were responding to but the Nords do have a history of genociding elves.

I count six limbs, user.

Nerevarine's trip to Akavir - fact or fiction?

Veloth's journey eastward didn't end in Morrowind.

So do you think the Nerevarine took the trip or was it not just a cover-up by the Blades so that Cosades could have his best man back at Cyrod City by his side?
I'm thinking how he could be part of the Oblivion crisis but I suppose having him away on a personal journey or is it actually an official matter? is a good reason for a new champion to be discovered.

In what era?

I think it was a conspiracy, but one of the Cyrodiilic/Provincial nobility, not some wackjob legionnaries.

End of the third era, of course.

They could be connected.

Source?

>I think
The source is obviously my ass. It kinda makes sense though - think who would benefit the most from a succession crisis.

How does the succession work if you ignore the Emperor's direct descendands, anyway? We know there's a Septim line in Shornhelm but they're cut off from succession. Has it ever been implied that there are other lines?

Septims are fucking everywhere, actually - Wayrest, for example. Shornhelm rulers are Lariats, not Septims.
>How does the succession work if you ignore the Emperor's direct descendands, anyway?
The Elder Council manages situations like these, I believe.

And here's what Project Tamriel folks have come up with, for example.
project-tamriel.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1088

It would make sense but they way they put it in Oblivion it was as if the three sons were it and the Septims were done for. You'd expect there to be a a thousand other Septims (unless the cult actually went after all of them, but that's a bit unlikely).

But the stone was a person and was murdered though?

Don't know what time it is for you n'wah, but happy Old Life and New Life Festival.
Here's to hopefully getting some decent lore this year.

This, let's hope our brains work well enough in the next year so our headlore's up to par.

>What are they overpowered relative to?
The small amount of abilities that use the same keybind, I guess.
There's your racial ability and I think some invisibility power through the Thieves Guild.
I'm sure there's more, but I can't remember any.

The Elder Council is a vastly underrated organisation. They're easily some of the scariest, most powerful people in Tamriellic history.

>Thalmor intend to wipe out all other races by marrying the men and breeding more Altmer with them

Oh now.
How awful.
Where can I sign up?

>
>They're easily some of the scariest, most powerful people in Tamriellic history.
How?

How many sermons are there for the 36 lessons of vivec in game? 36?

Yeah they're all there

The 37th is in ESO

Is the 37th any good? Would be weird to read a sermon written by a sober man.

Its interesting enough. I think it implies that TES timeliness operate like hypertime in dc. Also, Azura survives C0DA

two wings

>thalmor coverup

I think it's going to be Valenwood as well, I hope they'll do it justice instead of retconning all the lore like in Oblivion.

>if they dont have walking trees and cannibalism and the wild hunt as plot points, they are gonna fuck it up.

Didn't walking trees stop walking by ESO time?

They have the cryengine 1 dudes to create lush jungles now on the Creation engine, jungles that it doesn't drain on PC RAM and FPS

Do you think bethesda could have made Cyrodil more mainstream friendly without throwing everything away from the Pocket Guide?

How do you pronounce Pelagiad?

pehla-gaid. I realise that's probably wrong but I've been saying it that way for too long to change now

That's how I've said it, but I've heard it pronounced 'peh-lee-gee-add' which just sounds disgusting to me.

I concur, and my policy for when the correct pronunciation sounds stupid is to continue mispronouncing

>Pelagiad
>pehla-gaid
>gaid

How could it possibly be gaid if its "ia" instead of "ai"?

It's named after Emperor Pelagius. So it's pronounced like that.

Then how do you pronounce Pelagius?

The mad

Certainly not like "Pehla-guis"

Pel-a-gee-us, even old man sheo says that

pé-lâ-gy-ad

I've always pronounced it as peh-lay-jee-add

They're all Bretons, because that's what I play.

I always pronounced it similar. Sheogorath pronounces Pelagius with a sift g, so I assume Pelagiad is the same. I think I heard a guard say it out load once though, so it's worth a check.

>See that giant tree over there?
>You can climb it

I can see it happening

Anyone else wish Meridia got a bit of attention in Dawnguard? She hates undeath and necromancy so it would be interesting to see if the Dawnguard would accept a champion of a Daedric lord if they were dedicated to turning all vampires to ash.

It's gonna be like BotW. Except hardcore mode will make it so if you die in the game, you die in real life.

You're not alone. I love Meridia in general but dawngaurd was a total lack of Meridia. Instead we got Arkay dude who feels like a refrence to the Irishman from braveheart. Would have been cool to team up with some other Meridia cultists and wrecking some vamps.

Reposting this from /v/

Do Dremora,Dark seducers,golden Saint's and other inhabitants of the various realms of Oblivion have true free will (outside dream state)or is it an illusion like Nirn(dream state)? Can Daedric citizens achieve chim?

>Do Dremora,Dark seducers,golden Saint's and other inhabitants of the various realms of Oblivion have true free will
No, most Daedra are still subject to the whims of whichever Prince they serve, and those that don't serve a Prince are still mostly controlled by their destructive nature.
>Can Daedric citizens achieve chim?
Likely not because CHIM requires Love, and I'm not sure if Daedra can feel emotions like Men and Mer do.

Shut the fuck up.
Here, a line straight out of Morrowind:
vocaroo.com/i/s0YiO5jnls1f

This is a real woman, altm*r scum

for cosplay of somebody who lives in wilderness, she's way too pale

Just use all of them?

Histblood, Highborn, Adrenaline Rush, Berserk, Battle Cry are all very strong racial abilities. Also the passive resists on Nord and Dark Elf are really handy because you can ace half the dragons with either(assuming you have a mod to make them challenging)

Her wolf form has a tan, her human form is just so the guards will let her into Whiterun.

Well, I imagine there's no such thing as being too white in Whiterun.

>baron of winterhold

I thought Winterhold was an earldom(ruled by a Jarl)

They probably don't have much free will when they're on a specific plane of Oblivion. No idea about if they're on Nirn.

Aren't they bound to the will of whatever Daedric Prince or mortal wizard is controlling them? While "unbound" daedra like the one you summon for the Conjuration master quest in Skyrim or the ones lurking in the Morrowind ruins, are destructive and violent toward mortals.

Things change over time.

Outside of the major cities and geographic areas, how much is Tamriel Rebuilt based on existing lore, and how much do the developers make up themselves?

Whatever the answer, Bethesda scrapped it a long time ago.

The Nords literally have a hero who brought five hundred motherfuckers from Atmora and took over the entire north of Tamriel. It would be far from unexpected.

What about fucking Nazeem or whatever?

youtube.com/watch?v=Npr7RMQs_rQ

a known faggot

That doesn't change the fact that it's boring Nord fanwankery.

uvirith's legacy is pretty good, and i recently liked lothavor's legacy. there's also illuminated order, but there's like 2 parts which just cringe.

I Miss the old Northern Storm-God ascetic the Nords used to have. Back when they had a slight bonus too lightning resistance and not just cold. I miss when that aspect of their culture in terms of lore was shown mechanics wise in game. Nords are cool.

Why does Gnisis have so many Orcs there?

Deathshead Legion stationed there is formed largely from Orcish volunteers.

They're sent there because the other members of the Imperial Legion don't want the Orcs near them in the other towns. Almost no one likes Orcs.

Do you think Dunmer women would have sex with an orc?

Willingly?

I'm sure there's be one or two.

>Do you think Dunmer women would have sex with X
Take a wild guess.

We need to have a word with you, outlander. Please step into this alleyway.

Stop trying to steal that orc's seed you slut.

I mentioned Peryite in the last /tesg/ thread just to see if anyone remembered he existed. I'm curious about him too.

T-thanks for asking about me, user...