The lack of ChainLink threads needs addressing

You should all be excited, the following months are extremely bullish for LINK. Get in here lads.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/c7VG3Vf
medium.com/@jonnyhuxtable/linkpool-development-update-31-12-17-f94434e1c4c6
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Poorfag only holding a 1000 atm, hope the pump isn't too long so I can stack a little more

Has anyone got a good explanation for LINK's use case with PSD2? (YouTube vids, good reads..)

Marines, HOLD THE LINE!

10000 reporting in. Will that be enough to save me from working at - 40 C like I am now?

discord.gg/c7VG3Vf

we're seriously talking about the next ETH like coin here. 2017 had ETH, 2018 will have LINK.

Might be enough to kick start you on that journey if nothing else.

Realistically I think $10 LINK will happen EOY 2018, minimum.

by 2020 you'll be living off your LINK staking rewards in +20C/+30C/+40C weather whatever tf you want no work required

Who's starting the Veeky Forums node? Veeky Forums will collectively control the most retail buyer level of LINK. Together we can btfo sergeys gibs me dat nodes.

Assblaster or some other tripfag probably

How the fuck do I know who to trust here? People say the same exact thing about XRP and XRB and REQ and even XLM.

We don't have a trusted party on Veeky Forums to collect link. We need a smart contract developed, essentially a linkpool but you have to prove you post on Veeky Forums...

Maybe we could run like a daily thread where random codes are assigned (IDs in a thread?) And those could become necessary to create an account. Idk I'm not a software dev

Soon as we get over $1 it's a countdown, we have to all work together to lock out the redditor. I bet we see $10 a lot quicker than people think

Dyor

I doubt people who aren't on Veeky Forums would want to be in the Veeky Forums pool, anyways we could just have them send a timestamped picture of their hand, it really doesn't matter as long as they're not pajeets, the point is to get the retail buyers to be able to compete against the (((corporate))) nodes.

yea I think $1 is going to happen a lot sooner than people think. The chart is incredibly bullish and any "crypto trader" on twitter with half a brain is going to start tweeting about it soon if they haven't already. The volumes already picking up again and it's new years day. This week it's happening for real.

>shilling this desperately

You in Alberta?

I have only 100 link. Put all my savings in it. Will I make it bros? Btw I work part time due to a disability and only had so much to invest.

you got scammed my dude

medium.com/@jonnyhuxtable/linkpool-development-update-31-12-17-f94434e1c4c6

Like that linkpool user?

>I'm going to write two letters instead of one.

if the price goes up with no news you should be worried

>

LinkPool article yesterday solidified further a very interesting new reason to buy LINK. If that's not news, then what is?

IF THE DEVS DON'T TWEET 24/7 AND THEY DON'T ANNOUNCE MICROSOFT PARTNERSHIPS EVERYDAY THEN IT'S SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link has been too long undervalued. 1$ under two weeks.

What does this mean?

Ok guys, I was considering to buy and hold this coin, but everything about it looks like a massive scam

>code isn't even close to be completed
>conference announcements are full of buzzwords like "smart contracts"
>only 2 developers, and both are secretive as fuck
>late and unfinished whitepaper
>dev wallet holds giant ammount of coins
>sergey backpacking around the world instead of finishing to program the platform
>confirmed hired pajeets shilling the coin on Veeky Forums and reddit

Should I get into this for quick gains before it crashes? Sounds really fishy, no wonder half of this board filtered the coin name.

smart contract isn't a buzzword you retard

thanks rohan, you truly opened my eyes

just sold all

ICX or LINK that is the question.

why not both

Smart contracts are basically pieces of software that can oversee and execute a trade, without any third party having to press the “trade” button. So if we want to trade, say, 1000 LINK for 10 ETH, a smart contract can “look” to see that we have both put up our ends, and when we have, it automatically performs the swap. It’s great because we can never rip each other off (the swap only happens when both sides have fronted) and we don’t need a third party to do the swap for us and take fees.

But smart contracts are limited at the moment because they can only perform swaps for very specific things, and that is, things that are coded in terms the smart contract can understand. For example, an Ethereum smart contract can trade LINK for ETH because it can “see” both of those things on the Ethereum blockchain. But it hits a wall when we want to trade, say, ETH for a concert ticket. The concert ticket isn’t coded in a way that Ethereum can natively understand, so there is no way for the smart contract to know that it is a legit, non-cancellable, version.

This is where oracles come in. An Oracle is a company which has recently appeared in the smart contract space, whose job it is to translate data into a form that a smart contract can understand. So, you could hire an Oracle to program your concert ticket in a form that could be read by the smart contract, so that the smart contract could properly execute a trade when you have fronted the ticket, and they have fronted a couple of ETH.

But there’s a pretty serious problem here. If you’re paying a private company to translate your data into a smart contract readable format, then what’s the point of even using a smart contract in the first place? The whole point was that we didn’t want to have to trust a middleman in order to make our trade, but now we’re using a trusted middleman and both of us have to believe that the Oracle is doing an honest job. The whole reasoning behind using a smart contract is wasted, because if we’re going to be paying private Oracles to translate data, we might as well just pay a private mediator to oversee the trade and take a fee.

This is where ChainLink comes in. ChainLink creates a decentralised network of oracles so that the entire process of smart contract execution is trustless. Instead of trusting a single private oracle to translate the data honestly, we are now using a trustless network of nodes to move information on and off blockchains. This is massive, but to get an idea of how massive, you need to think bigger than concert tickets.

Big business, and I mean pretty much any big business, will love smart contracts. Billions if not trillions of dollars a year are spent on exchanging value, and huge money is paid so that the value is exchanged properly and accountably and fairly. Smart contracts automate the process of value exchange and therefore offer billions and billions and billions in savings to companies that use them. But companies aren’t diving all over them yet because of the problem listed above. If a number of entities want to perform large exchanges of value, but are all using their own private oracles, then the trustless exchange is not achieved and the smart contract is pointless. ChainLink, and ChainLink alone, offers up the possibility of bringing end-to-end trustless smart contracts to the world, and this is a revolution so profound that at this point it is almost impossible to see the future extent of it.

But is ChainLink the project that will do it? You might have been reading FUD about 2 man teams or absentee CEOs or shit like that, but here’s what we know.

The ChainLink team were the only blockchain related team to be invited to present at SIBOS two years running, and in their proof of concept this year they showed that the ChainLink network could automate messaging for certain aspects of SWIFT’s bond processing. Sergey’s EOY announcement mentioned SWIFT by name twice in giving examples of the sort of work that ChainLink could do, and the work that was ongoing. While the market seemed to want to hear the word “partnership”, this was proof of a close and ongoing relationship. SWIFT manages messaging standards for more than 11,000 banks worldwide.

Also, ZeppelinOS recently announced a partnership with ChainLink. ZeppelinOS stands to be the base development layer for future dApps and smart contracts on the EVM (Ethereum network). They provide a standard interface for dApp/SC development and will use ChainLink as their default oracle service. This means that the vast majority of new projects built on Ethereum will use ChainLink in the background without even knowing it.
And this is just the beginning. ChainLink is probably the most profoundly anti-hype project in the crypto space right now. They have said that they will let their partners announce all partnerships, and they just want the tech to speak for itself. If ZeppelinOS and SWIFT aren’t enough, the EOY announcement hinted at ongoing work with everyone from small SC startups to the absolute monsters of fintech and insurtech. ChainLink’s demo at SWIFT had data provided by organisations (like Barclays, Santander, BNP Paribas) with literally trillions of dollars in assets.

Read between the lines. Consider the complete absence of hype. Look at the monster information that has come out already. DYOR.

hahahahahaha i hope it doesnt work out for you leech

Im in both. 50/ 35/ 15 in LINK/ ICX/ ETH.

You'd be a fool not to have LINK. Comfiest hold of my life. It'll top ten Q32018. Easily.

Can you imagine the rush once LINK gives a drop of actual confirmed partnerships? The amount of "Oh fuck, I didn't expect that. I better buy buy, FUCK, IT WONT STOP MOONING, MY BINANCE IS CRASHING."

It's gonna give people the comfort of staking, corporate name dropping. Oh I cant wait. Wait till you see the run LINK has compared to ETH.

10 billion market cap by end of 2018. I have 120k and it is the comfiest feel.

I have both too, 1000 ICX and 3000+ LINK I feel like I need to put more into link but I hate having less than 1000 of something but I guess I should just get over it because a SWIFT partnership is going to send LINK flying.

... Dont mind me. Just making sure there aren't any... zelda memes... in here... carry on.

Best pasta I've seen in a while

This one. With current Ripple marketcap Link will be 85$

This is fucking huge.

Yes

Other Alberta fag here

Luckily where I am it's warming up today and especially tomorrow.

10K LINK should definitely allow you to move on from that work in the near future and live comfortably without a full time job, especially if you stake to a Pool for passive income.

>t. 70k linker since ICO

Thanks breh, it's motivating out here in the cold to know you got a ticket to freedom brewing in the background