Weekend Warcraft Lore General

Happy New Year Edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version!
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/missmaewest/status/910970556819718145
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Forsaken did nothing wrong.

Someone has to unfuck the nelves

third for best human

Never forget, the Silver Hand and the Ebon Blade are brothers through thick and thin. And like brothers, sometimes they do some rough-housing, but it's just so both can grow stronger and bond better in their joint pursuit of justice.

Which circle-jerk are we going to have this thread?

>Allyfags whining about muh orcs muh forsaken
>Hordefags whining about Allyfags
>Trollfags we wuzzing
>Nelffags bitching about humans

Eastern Kingdoms, are you ready for the purple flood?

Remember when a bunch of nelves joined the archdruid who was extremely buttblasted that his son was killed by the aqir and tried to burn down the World Tree?

You 'member that? I 'member.

Just put them in Lordaeron, it'll be mostly empty.

You don't break into your bro's house and try to steal one of their most prized possessions. That's how you end up on World Star Hip Hop curled up in a corner of a guy's apartment while they wail on you.

How about "I have this idea how lore would be much better and it only requires to redo n expansions to work"- circlejerk ?

>Nelffags bitching about humans
We can pick up right where we left off.
Nelffags invited their complete irrelevance when they selected blue in the character creation screen back in 2006 and any subsequent whining is a child's lack of foresight.

>>Everything wrong about WoW is the alliances fault even dev time

I've seen you push this narrative in every thread. Do you want to hate fuck alliance????

How do Tuskarr feel about Murlocs and Jinyu?

just put Liadrin or one of the other competent elves in charge

Blizzard forced night elves to be blue, there was literally nothing players could do at that point

Doesn't she masturbate with an Alliance tabard on whenever shes alone?

Your relationship with your brother would be much better if you just loved him unconditionally for who he is, user, even when he electrocutes you for stealing his baseball so you could pay for your crack addiction.

He legit said he doesn't actually believe that's why they axed it, bruv.

RvB was a mistake, I want my multipolar Azeroth

t. nelffag

>early Vanilla WoW didn't have factions

What could have been.

Night Elves suck at keeping prisoners.

>I've seen fags who actually use this image unironically.

It's pathetic. They're cartoon men.

Not buy the game is always an option.
Imagine you're just out of WC3 and you have a vested investment in the Nelves cause you found them to be super cool. WoW is announced and you find out they're going to be the human's lackeys.
Do you:
>Bite the bullet and buy the game anyway cause you like Nelves so much, even though they're neutered and weak as fuck now
or
>Not buy the game and wait for Blizzard to change their minds
Well user? Because if you went for the first option, you already accepted you were going to be a human's wage-slave in the lore. No point in whining about it when you can uninstall any time.

He lost sanity when the Horde killed his grand daughter (daughter of his son, which death traumatized him)

Also I'd say the wardens do the best job at keeping prisoners, he just escaped because a green drake stab the retarded player character in the back

There wasn't any reason in Vanilla to believe the Humans would keep the Nelves from getting any good moments.

It was weird they joined but not necessarily something that would destroy them narratively.

>He can't see into the future
And this is why you will always be one step behind, kid.

Kalimdor would have been cozy.

Lordaeron would have been a hellscape.

>lackeys
Not the case in Vanilla. In Vanilla they were dominating the Alliance militarily.

>Blizzard has done so well this years, all of his games have beat the most sold game. There's no way WoW is bad
>hey guise did you hear Activision wants to buy Blizzard

We all know that's you, Ner'zhul. You're not fooling anyone.

He also convinced his daughter-in-law to join him, and she thinks she's hot shit because she almost killed Hamuul Runetotem. Then he comes back, she shouts "THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE," and he merks her.

He should have died desu

What is it with Blizzard taking what's considered flaws of the narrative and deciding to make them canon?

What are you talking about?

>Nelffags complain that Malf is too neutral
>Blizzard makes a questline SPECIFICALLY SHOWING HIM TO BE TOO NEUTRAL but doesn't do anything about it
>People complain the Alliance is too muh Lawful Good Overdrive
>Thaylrssa brings up how "cloistered" the Alliance feels when she chooses to join the Horde

Taking what SHOULD be mess ups in how they're written and just making them canon without fixing them.

Back when I first started playing, the impression I always got was player characters don't care too much about the faction war. People forget the whole point of battlegrounds was fringe warhawks hiring mercenaries to advance their agendas. I generally just assumed the only reason I couldn't enter Stormwind was because the NPCs are fags.

Now though the faction war is a total skubfest of the worst kind. I don't understand players who just want their characters to look and act like NPCs. WoW's lore is one of the few instances where everything is so much more fun through the eyes of a murderhobo.

>Someone uploaded Chronicles 1 and 2 to the compendium on Christmas Day
Neato.

>guy I watch who isn't super into the lore praising BfA for "returning to the Alliance v Horde that made the game popular".
>fucking Vanilla was the most peaceful the Allys and Hordies have ever been in lore

The RvB honestly seems like it's specifically meant for "lore" casuals who only care about the superficial.

What's too neutral about teaming up with a fellow archdruid who just so happens to be a tauren to save Mt. Hyjal and Nordrassil from traitorous druids?

Who is the least autistic person in Warcraft?

Pic related, not this guy.

Hey, my troll does it too. It's a common horde fetish.

The Old Gods.

Blizzard employee here.

She's gonna have an anti-climatic death, with Tyrande coming over after and saying 'bitch had it coming'.

That's hot, got any pics?

Sadly this would not surprise me.

He should've been Warchief.

Happy New Year you faggots!

>member of the Earthen Ring, a dedicated shaman sworn to protect life and nature
>going about my business to defend the world
>see a fellow shaman out and about
>bludgeon him to death with a rusty mace because members of his race wear the wrong color

Is this what gang violence is like?

Huh there was no hyperbole at all.

Tyrande has pretty good personal reasons to not like Maiev. To be honest I can't see that many people showing up to her funeral at all, maybe her brother? Some hardline watchers perhaps?
That said I'd still be mad if she just died of a heart attack or something.

Wasn't she described as the last vestige of old amazon night elf xenophobia? She hates practically everyone except her fellow wardens.

>tfw love seeing Warcraft women of any race tattooed with the opposite faction's symbol on their buttcheeks

Has there ever been another faction that hasn't ever not thrown the 'muh lordaeron' alliance fags into a rage at the mere mention of them? I don't think so.

Forsaken joined the Alliance and Nelves joined the Horde in Vanilla, discuss implications.

And that's why she needs to die. We are in an Azeroth that will not accept such old customs. Now her race are litterally refugees, they should integrate into alliance culture if they want to stay.

The entire opposite continent would be no man's land, and that's not a good dynamic to set on day one.

>has there ever been that hasn't ever not
don't drink and post

Wait a second, ain't that an edit?

Sylvanas is executed for harboring and conspiring with a Dreadlord. Nelves whine how the Orcs are outshining them and making them look weak and irrelevant.

>nelfs are now dunmer

>Alliance "culture"
>clinging to worshipping a force which everyone now knows is just farted out by autistic vorlons who want you to be their stormtroopers

>Alliance invades Lordaeron in Cataclysm
>Forsaken initiate a great BTFO operation that sees the invading army pushed back.
>WHAT THE FUCK? WHY DIDN'T YOU LET US TAKE LORDAERON BACK? EVIL BLIGHT USERS RAISING OUR DEAD WHAT THE FUCK BRO? FUCKING LICH QUEEN REEEEEEEEEE

t. your average alliance poster when complaining about the Forsaken holding their territory.

Does your uncle work at Nintendo too?

Theres more to alliance culture than just light worship user.

Why does Tyrande hate her again?

Maiev tried to lie to Furion so that the night elf force with him would leave Tyrande to die against the Scourge.

Southern Barrens is the only time the Faction War was actually decently written.

Everyone is given at least some reason for their actions and you need to do the story on both factions to get the full picture.

>Maiev dies in a drunken struggle with human town guards after a night of drinking her sorrows away. Is buried in a common grave a couple of days later, her funeral is attended by Jarod, a couple of former wardens and a junior priestess of Elune. No comment is given from nelf leadership

I hate how when Nightelf Mages wear the same Mage Tier headpiece that teh Flame Druids wear their ears disappear instead of getting holes for them. It looks so much worse than the Flame Druids looked.

Dunmer being turned into refugees was some bullshit.

"My father once told me the world was gonna roll me, I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed" -Jaina Proudmoore

>Alliance invades Lordaeron in Cataclysm
Non-fact.

>People are mad an evil elf killed off a bunch of humans
Is that supposed to be a problem? It's not like Blood Elves don't whine about Garithos, Orcs don't whine about the camps, and on and on.

>Forsaken stab humans in the back after they work together to retake Lordaeron
>a fucking dreadlord is literally their second in command
>proceed to capture and torture humans, even going so far as to experiment on them with concoctions that create more undead
>use the blight against the wishes of the other Horde, completely devastate large swathes of Lordaeron and Gilneas
>Wrathgate

>LORDAERON BELONGS TO THE FORSAKEN

Forsaken are supposed to be evil. Stop trying to turn them into dindus and ruining what makes them what they are.

Thats too taboo user! Do you think my troll would just let someone tattoo a lion over her buttcheck, work her hair into a delicate braid and start wearing a fine mix of human, high elf and draenei clothing with dwarvrn made acessories?

...Maybe in her steamy dreams, only the Loa should know of her shame.

So are you some kinda retard?

I'm honestly salty that the Alliance is stuck with Kul Tiras. Who the fuck cares about Kul Tiras? Has ANYONE ever cared about Kul Tiras? And it doesn't look like anything new environmentally, it's just full of slightly different humans, and all the lore for it is new retcons.

Because the fucking world was going to explode thanks to Illidan's spell with the eye of Sargeras, and Furion would've run off to save his stupid princess instead of doing his job.

Then, Furion just lets Illidan go because the bastard swears he'll help save Tyrande. Tyrande and Furion are literal selfish pigdogs with no sense of justice whatsoever and Frozen Throne was the beginning of Warcraft writing turning into absolute trash because not once, BUT TWICE they have Illidanfuck hijack another character's story in the final act. It was the beginning of "hurr let's change our minds about the plot half-way through" and it hasn't gone away.

Maiev is the first documented victim of shit writing in Warcraft, Aldaris being the first victim of Blizzard in general.

Kul Tiras was supposed to be in Vanilla, then in Cata, it's more leftovers than anything.

I just hope she doesn't die so we have at least one "old" kaldorei mostly untouched.

Maybe the throat cancer of her voice actor saved the character

BUT GARITHOS WAS RAYCISS

>not wanting strongfat humans.

Aldaris was fucked up because metzen's bitch wife, which is why he turned kerrigan into the Queen Bitch of the Universe

also Ghost was Cancelled because the shareholders and Fucking Jewhaine were retarded, the game itself was complete with a few bug-testings, they cancelled it because they thought that no one would buy it because of 3dRealms Oni being Bad and the fans later on stating that the game was a absolute copy of it

>Wanting landwhales

Yeah, and the Horde gets Zandalar. It's just completely pitiful in comparison.

What would they have gotten instead, though?

We're rapidly running out of places to visit.

I wasn't cancer, it was Laryngitis, and it was the one that blocks your throat even for breathing

Leyara hated Malfurion because he was too neutral in the war between Horde and Alliance.
There's also Garrosh's issues with ow the other races of the Horde, like Trolls, don't contribute enough. Which is frustrating for a Troll player, because Blizzard simply never write much content for Darkspear in the first place.

Your mistake is not being a humanfag. For a humanfag it is a glorious time to be alive:
>Arathi retaken, Stromgarde rebuilt
>Gilneas repopulated with its own people even
>Forsaken BTFO. If we can't have Lordaeron, noone can
>Kul Tiras about to rejoin
>Dalaran's leftover mages probably join once the Horde blows it up from the inside
>Void Elves coming out of Quel'Thalas tired of Sindorei shit
>Dwarves and Gnomes based allies as always, now some of them have grey skin but whatever
>There's some Draenei around too

Remember, in Warcraft you don't pick "Alliance" as your race, you pick "Human". Everyone else are just supplements.

and yeah, before legion she voiced tsunade in naruto games, and her voice was fine though,

>twitter.com/missmaewest/status/910970556819718145

I mostly gave up when Icecrown wasnt even a fuckhuge spire to scale against the Lich King. I had this final standoff in the spire played in my mind after wc3, and wotlk shat all over it.

I don't dislike humans, I just find the same thing over and over boring.

>farted out by autistic vorlons
Nah. The Vorlons are just congealed farts.
Night Elves believe they were created by Elune. Blood Elves aren't religious that way, so they aren't threatened by their Troll ancestry.

Icecrown is one of the worst raids in the game design-wise, I hate it so much

Somewhere lore relevant at least? I mean the fucking Zandalar seem to have something actually threatening going on, what's going in in Kul Tiras except some angry ghosts and obesity?