HAPPY NEW YEAR Veeky Forums!

HAPPY NEW YEAR Veeky Forums!
let's get a fantasy art thread going to celebrate the new year, sub-genres like horror fantasy welcome.

Was Frazetta in line with his contemporaries vis a vis appreciating the ass, or was he a true visionary?

is that Pepe holding a bowl?

his wife was thicc and served as his model i think

Where are you getting these from that you have artists name and title? Any specific site?

Hell yeah.

I'm not a fan of Vallejo, but I do appreciate that wild continuity of pulp illustrators (and their partners) that both walk the walk and talk the talk as far as their chosen physiques.

It's just my sorting system. If I see something I like, I try to find the provenance, both so I can find more of their stuff, and so I can keep my Illustration folder in order.

I usually just keep an eye out for stuff that I like whether it's on here, good Tumblr feeds, or what have you. I'll occassionally do deep dives on Artstation and Deviantart.

Got it, thanks for sharing

lurking

thanks for posting, OP

Likewise, keep 'em coming OP.

Holy fuck, that art looks so much cooler when it's not wrapped around a dust jacket.

I had this in a door length wall scroll until my husky tore it down and ate it.

Gonna dump some oldies and other shit.

This was fun, but these captchas are starting to become unbearable.

Hope everyone has a great new year.

OP here, i stopped posting relatively soon, i wasn't sure people were interested.
i'm glad people are though, and i'm glad others started dumping,

All good, thanks anons!

god damn good color in that one

I've got a few old Dragon covers and random fantasy calendar art that is pretty colorful.

Plus newer ones.

The artist is Denis Beauvais, an old Dragon magazine art from the 80s. He did a few good pieces.

I wish I could get ahold of all of John Bauer's art in a high enough resolution for print quality. I can't even find scans of Bland Tomtar och Troll.

Good posts, user. Thx, and happy new year to you too.

Good thread, good posts, OP. Happy new year.

>good tumblr feeds

Got any recommendations?

I've always loved Amano's work. It's always got this ethereal quality to it that I think comes from how he does his lines and colors. His costume designing is also great if you ever go look it up.

Yeah, Amano was probably the first artist I really payed attention to, just on account of him being so visible with Final Fantasy.

Was looking up Brian Froud illustrations, and I'm glad there's nothing sexual about this one. No sir.