Hey Veeky Forums I own a LGS and everyone is suddently switching to YuGiOh. I don't understand why...

Hey Veeky Forums I own a LGS and everyone is suddently switching to YuGiOh. I don't understand why, seriously there is no value in anything in it.

Is there something happening in MTG causing a mass panic? I'm closed today so I'll be here. I need to know for business reasons, I have a lot of YuGiOh singles from all sets over the years so I honestly want to know if I need to spend the day looking through them pulling out anything worth selling.

>My first falseflagging

I'm serious, I'm in the need to know. I've started going through my old boxes from 2004 to price them and alot of my customers have been trying to sell me fetch lands etc. for them for store credit and I just can't do that because I haven't priced them yet.

Kind of just want to know why everyone is trying to buy it all of the sudden.

no one's playing Yu-Gi-Oh anymore lmao

>everyone is suddently switching to YuGiOh. I don't understand why
The new anime came out and the game just went through a major paradigm shift. Lots of new players coming in and lots of old ones going out.

Get out /pol/. You're not fooling anyone.

If you're a store owner and you're not keeping up with what's happening, you deserve to fail.

Is this the hot new meme of 2018?

I have literally never seen an LGS that so much as sells Yugioh cards. No clue why.

maybe you're people don't want to play magic anymore?
Don't know why you think your customers changing preference is somehow an indication of a greater problem.
My lgs has had nothing of the like happen and they are still selling their yugioh and mtg at the same rates as always.

Yesterday's sales beg to differ.
What?
been in business for over 5 years
It's just that it's never happened so fast. I had a 800 dollar day on YuGiOh packs and under 50 on MTG singles and packs Saturday, that never ever happens.

don't know what to tell you other than open your ears and eyes. Nothing like what you are describing is happening here or anywhere else that I can hear.
It's obvious you have something going down in your locality, but the fact that you can't even figure out why really means you should be paying more attention.

I'll say this as someone who plays both Magic and Yugioh (as well as Force of Will, but let's forget about that for now). Yugioh has gone through a massive change and now that they're a few sets in, things are starting to stabilize. This coincides with the release of the new anime and Duel Links is bringing lots of old players back in temporarily. They're trying hard to appeal to nostalgiafags while also fundamentally altering the game for the umpteenth time.

On the other hand, Magic is a little stagnant at the moment and that's largely due to poor design choices that are too "safe" compared to the innovations of the past. Only a few of the new mechanics are worth anything. The secondary market keeps casual players hesitant to jump in because prices keep jacking up due in part to wannabe speculators. In comparison, Yugioh is downright cheap to get into. Yugioh also has a lot of design problems and has its own pseudo-rotation because of power creep, but it's at least not as expensive.

And then there's the controversy surrounding Magic right now. Wizards has gotten all caught up in the activities of a few rowdy members of the community and they don't tend to handle it well. The controversy (as it's called) is actually really overblown, but people are taking it at face value and jumping ship due to a lack of sense. That plus Magic not doing anything really crazy anymore outside of the recent Unstable set is driving some people out. It's odd that your near-entire clientele has switched to Yugioh though, which leads me to believe that a lot of them have come together to leave Magic on account of misgivings about the current political and dramatic state of Magic. They're going to Yugioh for something they perceive as fresh even though Yugioh is just as stagnant.

Sure you have. What store and where?

I would never post my business name on Veeky Forums. I'm not a idiot.

Different user, who wants to add in hete. Magic - in my eyes - seems to be having a major problem right now with the secondary market, specifically with WotC's reprint policy (or lack thereof), along with the influx of Chinaman fakes getting to the point where you will now need to closely inspect most cards from before M15 or whenever it was that they added the little holo stickers to their cards.

Combined with a rather stagnant Standard format, set overload in 2017, and wildly varying card quality, some fans are quitting the game or stop buying so much singles for he time being until WotC addresses some of these legitimate concerns fans have about the future of the game.

why? it's not your personal details, it's a business. give us a website adress of your store. you must have an online store.

Stop being an asshole. This place is anonymous for a reason. If you can't deal with that then fuck off. Stop harassing the guy and go back to another specific website if you want people to have usernames. Also, giving out your business name that you own is totally personal details.

it's not personal details, it's a business and i want to check out this store. he's missing a trick by not advertising it dipshit.

Nigger you're fucking retarded. One google search could give away his name. If you wouldn't be able to find his name by knowing what business he owns then that's your own incompetence, but don't pretend there aren't people who could do it easily.

don't be a fucktard. if he doesn't want those details known, he shouldn't advertise he has a store.

>if he doesn't want people to know who he is he shouldn't say anonymously that he owns a store asking for help

Really good logic you got there fucko.

I'm posting anonymously you fucking dimwit.

Biggest problem recently is probably just that Modern is inaccessible to a lot of people, and standard is a giant snooze fest.

I'm sorry to inform you that you don't have customers, you have cucks.

Can i help it if you're a moron who won't share specifics?

Twitch started streaming yugioh. Give it a month until people level out.

im one of those returning yugioh fags, not because i like the game but simply because in my country it's become so niche that i've started vending singles as theres not much competition. theres some "OK" money in it.

I dont play competitively, or at LGS at all really, simply because you need to drop $500-600 on your extra deck and playsets of hand traps to get started, but i do proxy and play at home with my mates, more or so as a way to understand what the games doing and how it will effect the finances of the game.

My honest professional opinion of yugioh is don't buy in super-high end valuable singles and don't crack boxes outside of the week 1 launch window, the game is so volatile and unlike WoTC, konami are more than happy to fuck vendors by reprinting the $70-100 cards. Konami pay incredible attention to the second market and notice when cards go to $50-100 and think to themselves "reprinting this will surely promote the sales of the next special edition/megapack/etc". i suspect ash blossom and firewall dragon reprints are coming very soon.

Yugioh is a week 1 pump and dump or don't touch it kind of deal.

Sincerely,
Your friendly neighbourhood yugioh vendor.

your a fucking moron, with a business name you can easily find the IRL details of the owner, its public information on file with whatever state he's incorporated in. OP is right to not give it out, he'd literally be doxing himself.

You're a fucking moron, with a business name you can easily find the IRL details of the owner; It is public information on file with whatever state he's incorporated in. OP is right to not give it out, he'd literally be doxing himself.

At least own your spelling mistakes like a man, faggot.

Slow down there champ, we've already got enough autism around here.

Mtg is full of cucks and SWJs. Yugioh is were the real niggas at.

Imagine samefagging this hard. OP is from /pol/ trying to get people to stop playing MTG because he's buttmad about good storytelling.

You'll be disappointed if you start playing Yu-Gi-Oh right now

Someone explain to me how to use links in a non-link deck, if that's even possible. I didn't mind the change at first since I don't play anything strong or that popular, but being allowed to only ever have one extra deck monster out if I don't run links is bullshit and fucks up my decks.

There's one in my town. It's where all the smellies go.

Which decks are you using?

Just run one of the attribute or type-generic cards that fit with your deck, if your archetype of choice hasn't had its link released yet. Depending on the deck you may also need a token card or two.