Are one gender races stupid?

Are one gender races stupid?

I consider using nymphs as wood elves, but they seem to be always female.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parthenogenesis#Mammals
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, please refrain from doing so or make the males treants.

Warhammer Orcs are a one gender race.

No, there are plenty of things that reproduce asexually. Or, the other way, are hermaphroditic.

Why don't you just put sad pretty nymph boys in your game? Going by Hylas that's the type they go for anyway.

Not at all, if they can reproduce with another race or have some weird biology where they switch gender at mating season or something, then it's good.
You can have a race that reproduce by splitting and make the gender only for flavor too.

Orc Stain has orcs who are all-male and reproduce asexually (in kinda spawning pods) but can still fuck, and nymphs who are all-female and we don't know how they're made but again, they can still fuck.

Orcs that we saw kind of ran the gamut from bikers to jungle tribes to urban orcs to creepy bearded orcs, but nymphs were arguably more interestingly diverse: there were angel nymphs who were basically orc whores, battle nymphs who were the exact opposite of orc whores, and the star of the cast Bowie Yaramund who was kinda a poisonous swampy witch nymph.

Depends. If you have a world bound closely to real-world biology then it will make little sense unless you work for it.
If you're going for a more mythologised world, or even one where there are some "written mysteries" where the foremost sages within the world do not know the answer, then go right ahead. Could be really thematic.

No, they're only stupid when they need to breed with another race to make kids.

I'm not sure I buy that. Parthenogenesis is definitely a thing IRL. It just doesn't work in mammals.

Do the Asari thing.

He should go full magical realm?

You can't go further magical realm than nymphs and dryads already are.

Lamia are an all-female race that reproduce by "contact" with the other races.
Minotaurs are an all-male race that reproduce by "contact" with the other races.
Asking "so what happens when a lamia and a minotaur get together?" is one of the rudest things you can do.

I think you can swing it so long as the explanation is ‘magic’.

One gender elementals make sense since I suppose they wouldn’t need to breed.

But if it’s meant to be a typical race, I think they’re should be two genders. Or one asexual gender that appears male or female.

So that's where horned vipers come from!

>dickgirl nymphs in my game
take me to your magical realm senpai

They're also genderless.

It's usually pretty lame in my opinion. The only times I ever see it is to justify an all waifu race, or an all male enemy race. Both cases usually have zero depth beyond what one might immediately assume.

Nymphs are actually quite tame compared to other things in mythologies. Like Loki and the horse.

>Parthenogenesis is definitely a thing IRL. It just doesn't work in mammals.
Wrong. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parthenogenesis#Mammals
>In April 2004, scientists at Tokyo University of Agriculture used parthenogenesis successfully to create a fatherless mouse. Using gene targeting, they were able to manipulate two imprinted loci H19/IGF2 and DLK1/MEG3 to produce bi-maternal mice at high frequency and subsequently show that fatherless mice have enhanced longevity.
>On August 2, 2007, after much independent investigation, it was revealed that discredited South Korean scientist Hwang Woo-Suk unknowingly produced the first human embryos resulting from parthenogenesis. Initially, Hwang claimed he and his team had extracted stem cells from cloned human embryos, a result later found to be fabricated. Further examination of the chromosomes of these cells show indicators of parthenogenesis in those extracted stem cells, similar to those found in the mice created by Tokyo scientists in 2004. Although Hwang deceived the world about being the first to create artificially cloned human embryos, he did contribute a major breakthrough to stem cell research by creating human embryos using parthenogenesis. The truth was discovered in 2007, long after the embryos were created by him and his team in February 2004. This made Hwang the first, unknowingly, to successfully perform the process of parthenogenesis to create a human embryon and, ultimately, a human parthenogenetic stem cell line.

What about harpies?

It's pretty bad when you think about how many of our world-changing breakthroughs were completely by accident

Naw, it's more the source of our greatest strength.
"Hey, what happens if I do this...? Oh, whoops, that's weird. What was that just now? Can I do that again?" It's basically how we learned everything. Hell, science is just a formalized version of it.

I tend to restrict this to things which aren't born in the traditional way.

I have a setting where all elves are male because they're grown from special trees by their semi-divine fae masters as pseudo-slave soldiers. Though I suppose another way of looking at it is that female elves look like oak trees.

The males are satrys/fauns. It's just a case of extreme sexual dimorphism.