tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-01-18-esper-tezzerator/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wub-scrap-pile/
mtggoldfish.com/articles/induced-amnesia-exclusive-rivals-of-ixalan-preview
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Whats your favorite 2 drop card?
are you fucking kidding me

Ban Lightning Bolt

Are you being ironic or just stupid?

Anybody here have experience with taking turns? I'm trying to stick to the mono-blue version but the linear aggro decks are pretty impossible to beat.

I've seen some sideboard cards like sun droplet to deal with these matchups but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for the mainboard. I'm so desperate I'm looking at this thing.

My cards for the matchup are two gigadrowse, four exhaustion, two cryptics to tap them down, and one spell snare and two remands to keep their board clear. Sideboard has two grafdiggers for dredge, two recall for affinity, two sun droplets, and another pair of gigadrowse and remands.

turnsfag here, if there's hyperaggroshit try mainboarding a snapback
if it's burn, mainboard fountains, if it's infect consider dismember or something like it. if it's BTE zoo stuff, a sb whiplash trap can be sweet

Hmm, snapback would be good against zoo and anything else without haste/equipment. Good idea, user.

I actually think sun droplet is enough against burn but what do I know.

>favorite 2 drop card

Grim Flayer

Absolutely love the fucker in Junk.

>trigger allows me to dump rhinos and other fun stuff against Living End
>allows to find silver-bullets in most matchups if he connects
>easy as fuck to have him be a 4/4
>trample

For a non-B deck's sideboard, what are some huge cards that Thoughtseize hits that Inquisition doesn't, that you absolutely need to be hitting turn 1 or early on?

I can buy two foil Inquisition for the price of two Thoughtseize, and most of the shit I'm trying to hit with Thoughtseize will just cost me 2 life and still be hit by Inquisition.

Anything with delve, which coincidentally are usually creatures you can't push.

Any tron win-con.

It's also a better top-deck than inquisition because if they have anything relevant in hand and can't cast it in response to your discard spell, then thoughtseize can grab it.

W-w-whatever, I didn't want to bling my sideboard out anyway, b-baka!

It's okay, user, my shitty fairies deck has to run just inquisition and it's sometimes enough.

How're those Blitterblossoms treating you

>bitter bosoms

Awful, desu, I'm going more for a control build and its simply inadequate. I'm constantly digging for answers to what the other guy is doing and hoping it all works out. If I win, it's either from a lili ultimate or manlands, not the fairies.

I picked it up hoping the matchup against DS would make it competitively viable (it's my first real modern deck) but the other matchups are so horrible I can't recommend it. I'm probs gonna go back to the drawing board and make a tempo deck more for fun than competition.

Favorite 2-drop is hard.

I love Scooze. I don't play Affinity but fucking love Ravenger for what it does. Love Bloodghast. Love Silvergill Adept.

Is Jeff Hoogland's new Saheeli deck good or is it just another one of his memes?

>is winning on turn 4 a meme
idk ask yourself

How resilient is it to disruption? Or tron?

GW Saheeli decks can win turn 3

Goldfish numbers don't mean shit, niggers. When's the last time you saw Affinity or Storm ACTUALLY close the game out on turns 3-4.

>playing
Amulet
>hating
Only drawing bouncelands
>brewing
Thinking of trying the Amulet/Breach deck
>Favorite 2-drop
Explore I guess? Amulet doesn't really run other 2-drops.

Like a week ago when I last played modern I guess. If you include videos of other people playing, yesterday.

>uninteraction: the format

Sorry user, you'll have to take your shitbrew back to the kitchen table, modern is a competitive format

>When's the last time you saw Affinity or Storm ACTUALLY close the game out on turns 3-4.
i lost to infect turn 3 twice on Saturday

When's the last time I saw storm win on turn 4? Is that a serious question?

pretty resilient. since you're going off two different ways. One way is through beats, which builds board presence, and then you combo out of nowhere when your opponent runs out of resources.

And there's reports of people getting winning records and beating some top decks. Except tron. Tron still beats the shit out of it

Well it's got 3 land hate cards. Seven if you count evolution for some reason.

>he lets storm go off on turn 4 games 2-3

Play a better deck dawg.

I am having a hard time understanding storm. It doesnt seem to combo off as consistently as other combo decks ive played like ad nauseam or amulet titan. A lot of time, the combo just gets disrupted game 1 and I am more reliant on the sideboard plan to win.

What am I doing wrong? Would I be better off playing dredge instead?

>herp derp opening hands against mystery opponents are always bulletproof

>games 2-3
>mystery opponent

What do you do, scoop before your opponent even drops a land every game 1?

You need to splash black for fatal push (2 main, 2 side) and have white leylines

>implying this pile of shit will win turn 4

With the exception of GB decks my average turn to kill with storm is ~3.7 and games 2-3 my sideboard makes jund very unhappy.

>Favorite two drop
Pic related

>Playan
Ad naus, as usual. Deck is still good but not great.

>Brewing
Something with blood moon, maybe blue red delver. Not a control deck since blood moon out of control decks doesn't actually beat tron.

And yet you have zero 5-0's or GP top 8's, funny how that works.

>And yet you have zero 5-0's or GP top 8's, funny how that works.
I don't pay for fake cards, and there's rarely a GP close enough it's worth going to, funny how that works. Unfortunately I have a real job so attending GPs far away is a pain.

good thing I am not storm, and storm does have many GP top 8s.

Gifts lets you be a lot more resilient than ad naus or titan, and the seven make creatures give you a lot of redundancy. How are people disrupting you? The deck can usually fight through 1 or 2 discard or removal spells, it's only stuff like rip or a bunch of 1 mana counters that tend to give it fits

Guy interested in mardu pyromancer back again; what kind of build would you anons suggest? It seems the basics are 4 reveler, 4 looting, 4 souls, 4 pyro, 4 bolt, 7 seize/inq, and then a bunch more removal scattered throughout a la dreadbore and terminate. How should i figure a more exact list?

mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO

jfc, i just had a look at the arena forums and not a single black deck is running duress. is this why we have so much whining about blue? are the majority of players just bad?

Just cast gifts ungiven go get desperate pyretic manamorphos past in flames and if you can't figure out how to kill them from there then I dono what to tell you yuh brainlet

Can I build a decent Modern Zombie deck out of the previous Standard block Zombie deck? What would I need to add?

>Playing
Ad Nauseam and B/W Tokens
>Hating
Infect
>Brewing
No idea really, I have been looking into G/R Tron and Titanshift but so far undecided
>What's your favorite 2 drop card
Bitterblossom

Storm has zero 5-0's? 5-0 can occur in a field of 36

>Duress when Thoughtseize and IoK exists

lmao, poorfags

You can build whatever shit pile you want annon just don't for a minute think zombie tribal will be "decent"

Can Descendant's path be a budget replacement for CoCo in WG Allies?

No

>a deck has 5-0 and I play that deck therefore I can talk shit on Veeky Forums

Lol

>you haven't personally 5-0'd with storm so it's not a good deck

>you like playing solitary, so storm is a good deck

Kek, implying modern has any interactivity

>what's your favorite 2 drop card
Pic related
Brother, you need AT LEAST 4 gigadrowse in the main board. Check out my list:
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-02-16-taking-turns/
Aggro is generally not a problem. The sideboard deals with Infect. The hardest matchup is hand disruption. If I can't draw into a howling mine/dictate before Jund drops Liliana, I suffer. With a draw engine out, I shrug at Liliana. As a general rule of thumb, if I survive until 5 islands and a draw engine out and a timewalk on hand, I can't lose.

I just bought another MM17 box for €220, it'll arrive in about a week cause stupid wire transfer.

I just wanna open a pack fresh Liliana, I don't care about losing money. Anything else I pull is a plus.

My wincons.

You could try something like 4 caverns of souls and 3 aether vial. Those are the biggest investments for any tribal deck. From there you can easily get rid of your zombies and play a real tribal deck later on if you wish.

So just no then. I liked my Crypbreakers and Relentless Deads, but I guess I'll just box them. I'll just stick with my Selesnia Humans for tribal.

A couple friends convinced me to rebuild Esper Tezzeret, with the addition of Whir of Invention and other revisions. I'll see whether or not I like whir after I test it on modo.
R8
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-01-18-esper-tezzerator/

>playing
Grixis Death's Shadow, and I make no apologies.
>hating
Tron honestly. It forces the format to be more uninteractive because you have to scramble to beat the 3 mana 6/6 with deathtouch and lifelink.
>brewing
Nothing but I wouldn't mind playing an actual good old fashioned Bolt Snap Bolt tempo deck. Problem being that El Goyfo isn't good enough anymore, and Death's Shadow makes Delver look overcosted.

>No Pentad Prism
Nibba please you can make two mana then tap it when casting Whir.
>No Lotus Bloom
NIBBA PLEASE WHIR LITERALLY FETCHES A BLACK LOTUS

>Tron forces the format to be more uninteractive because of a 3 mana 6/6 with deathtouch and lifelink
>versus a 1 mana 13/13

A 1 mana 12/12 You mean

>Burn vs. death's shadow

Other X get +1/+1 uncommon lords got spoiled for both Vampires and Merfolk in Rivals of Ixalan
Both 2 CMC

Also red 2/2 again

Good?

>Daring Buccaneer?
Pirates is a legit tribe in Standard and it will be a strong 1-drop in Standard.
The last time I checked, pirates was nowhere close to becoming a legit tribe in Modern, and this one card won't be enough to change that.

Silvergill Scryer

Killing creatures before I can combo or in g2/g3 having answers to the goblin plan. There are also the games where I cant seem to draw the combo.

Thats not the problem. I know how the deck is supposed to combo.

>Whats your favorite 2 drop card?
Glint-nest Crane. It's one of the better tutors in my dumb Whir-crane-mage deck.

Check out my dumb brew. Criticism welcome.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wub-scrap-pile/

3 mana make 3 mana, sure is good. ill try it for powering other whirs or casting tezz while having removal up
we thought about it, im testing on modo now, will try it at some point

Why is second sunrise banned?

Maybe splash white for boardwipes?

Why no whir or AoB tezzie?
also i personally think esper Tezzerator could be a legitimate deck if Stoneforge mystic was unbanned

How do you guys think this guy looks for modern? Seems like a good 1 of in midrange

>Why no whir
It has 4 whirs. You might have missed them.
>Why no Agent
I agree his +1 would be amazing in this deck, which is why Glint-nest is in the list, but i feel the rest of his abilities are just not good in this list.
His -1 is really only good with Darksteel, as it makes my Thopter Foundries vulnerable to creature removal such as Push and turns off the Sword's ability to equip to things.
His ult wouldn't constantly close out games either in this list. He'd only ever kill my opponent once I have the combo online, but I feel Time Sieve fulfills that purpose a lot better. Tez requires me to +1 him and keep him from getting hit for a turn, while TS is tutorable, hit by my dig effects, and costs less mana to get on the board.

>Esper Tez with stoneforge
I think that would be very interesting but I'd say it would suffer some of the issues I mentioned above. I do think SFM would make this deck a lot better, or any Thopter/sword list for that matter.
I'd want them to reprint her before they make her legal again though.

He is extremely fair for his mana cost, thus making him unplayable in modern due to fair 5 mana plays being too slow. Maybe if he doesn't die he'll get printed again as some pushed 3 mana or 4 mana walker. Maybe shows up in some weird RB skred list.

Should I start playing storm or dredge?

Storm will always be strong, so now that Past in Flames and Gifts were reprinted it's a nice time to pick up pieces.
Dredge is a lot more meta dependent, so unless you really love that game play I wouldn't build it right away. Now's a good time for it at least, sense W decks are weak and relics are seeing less play.

How much of a degenerate do you want to be?
Do you want to
>mill yourself wile building a massive board-presence
or
>play a bunch of spells then play one spell that garuntees that Your opponet would be ded

>2 hours later

mtggoldfish.com/articles/induced-amnesia-exclusive-rivals-of-ixalan-preview

>induced amnesia doesnt have much to compare to!

Its a 3 mana memory jar effect (sort of)

I hope this is bait

Eggs

Does arena allow side bordering? Are matches just 1 ofs or nah.

Do you wanna win more often? Play storm.
I personally think Dredge is funner.

But tell me user, aside from budget; Why would you run Duress over Thoughtseize or Iok?

Arena is only Ixalan block constructed right now dumbass

One may want to play Duress over Thoughtseize in Modern if Burn is heavily featured in one's local meta. That's the only one I can think of.

Did tropical fish fail testing? With the new two drop lord and double explore lady will that change?

What are you going to cut? The mono-blue lords? Master of Waves? And is the change good enough to warrant fetching for UG lands, with the life loss involved?

I plan to play him in a deck running Greater gargadon, so I can sac their big creatures off the -3, get at least a little unfairness

You cut phantasmal image, master of waves and any mainboard removal.

Some versions played fastlands, Caverns and Unclaimed Territory. Not sure how worth it would be since you basically lose out on any noncreature green card to run. Only really a sideboard problem.

>Arena talk
>In a Modern thread

Isn't this card very good for Pauper or am I retarded?

My LGS has no Mox opals for a week now and I wanna build affinity dammit!

Speaking of which, what is the superior version? Red or Blue? I'm leaning towards red because of personal preference.

Card disadvantage. Try telling that to a delver player.