VeloCITY - The Wind In Your Hair

Happy new year, Veeky Forums. This is Mr. Blue Sky, lead developer on VeloCITY - The Wind in Your Hair, the Jet Set Radio-inspired homebrew about grinding - on the rails and on the dance floor.

As always, you can find the latest edition of the rules on the 1d4chan page: 1d4chan.org/wiki/VeloCITY

What better way to kick off the new year than with a new update? This is version 1.41, released today. Apart from the usual cleanup and proofreading, the main thing added was a requested feature: sample building blocks for your scenes. Now instead of having to come up with every single feature on your own, the book provides several sample features for you to consider like quarter-pipes, half-pipes, rails and similar, as an inspiration for things to add to whatever scene you're creating. This helps to alleviate the pressure on GMs to build things from scratch. There's always room to add more, to boot.

I've also added a link to the official VeloCITY Discord on the title page, so anyone with a mind to come in and shout about something is welcome to do so. Anyone in the thread is welcome to swing by as well: discord.gg/t8FxpWm

As always, I'm open to questions, suggestions, stories, characters and anything in between. Let me know what else you'd like to see. May you have a happy, prosperous and bountiful new year!

It's good to see you are still making progress!

I'm glad you and the project are alive and well, man! I'm always excited to see new revisions.

You've been at this for years, faggot. Are you still in the same headspace? Are you perhaps tiring out? What's your motivation like? What do you look forward to in terms of this project?

It remains a passion project, even if I'm not working on it all the time, if that's what you mean. I can still find things to improve about the game, and if I can't, there are people who will tell me where I can. I'm still greatly satisfied that I can bring this game to the public when years ago, it threatened to fall forever into homebrew limbo. People have played campaigns with this system, and to know that people can derive joy from something you've created is one of the single most satisfying feelings in the world, one that I wouldn't trade for anything. I get nothing from this project other than that satisfaction.

Carry on then, faggot

How does a normal game of this game go down?
What is character creation like?

Ive seen a VeloCity thread every now and then for years but have never yet to be sold on it

Chargen is point-buy when it comes to stats but freeform when it comes to perks and equipment. For stats, you have a budget of points you can spread around your stats and substats. Designing perks are completely freeform, for you are building your own bonuses for scenarios that are significant for your character. Equipment gives you a budget of cash with which to purchase real-world items, and you pocket whatever you don't spend.

Games are loosely structured. PCs typically gather in one place to meet and greet, and from there, they go on adventures around the city, meet new people and deal with issues as they come up. There is no hard structure to any given session, though there are games you can play with specific goals to reach. The intent is more to be a character-driven story.

I've always kept a pdf of this on my computer in case I ever find a group to play this. One day I will go fast.

Bumping for some good speedy shit

Can you not think of something more original than faggot? Or failing that just go back to /b/

What's done is done.

Where the fug do you think you are

Ah yeah, more velocity

Bump

fuck yes

Bump until i can get off work and read it

I've been following this project for years pretty much just for the aethetics - it's a fucking cool looking game.
Godspeed, Blue Sky.

Where is the comfiest place in velo?

My characters place because she has two big tittied oneesans that like to cuddle

Who is your character?

One of these days, I'll get around to running this for my play group. One of these days...
In the meantime, Mr. Blue Sky, I'm glad you exist.

At least the intent is there.

I hope there is another jet set radio game some day

this RPG system thread has some really nice images in it.

It is a pretty neat place

I feel you man. I've been trying to get a group to work long enough for this game for a very, very, *very* long time.

One day...

bump.

Nobody's played this recently?

Don't go yet thread