Sex and sexuality has been a part of roleplaying games since the 50's sci-fi fanzines that kicked off a large part of...

Sex and sexuality has been a part of roleplaying games since the 50's sci-fi fanzines that kicked off a large part of the hobby.
Things that would be considered "magical realm" today were parts of celebrated, classic modules like the Tomb of Horrors.
Along with nutrition, sleep and social interaction, sex and sexuality is one of the core human drives.
It allows people to humanize their characters, get more engaged and most importantly have more fun, without being blocked by an arbitrary content restriction on an entire hobby.
But certain people in recent years, and I won't say they're incels and SJWs but they are, have decided that they pick the rules for an entire worldwide hobby and can remotely tell the intents, skill and personality of anyone based only on whether or not they censor, blot out and excise sex from their games.
There's an assumption that sexual content is the same as magical realm, and that sex is this incredibly special thing that needs the approval of everyone at the table before it's even hinted at, because everyone's a fragile butterfly who'll be in some unspecified way "corrupted" by the very idea that people get aroused.

Oh, I can't wait to see the shitstorm this post stirs up.

This contributes only to a paranoid informant community where people white-knight on the behalf of others who don't need it and convince themselves they're better than everyone else because they have more restrictions on their games.
The best games I've ever played have been with people whose characters were a ball of fetishes - because let's be honest, fetishes are less destructive to a game than group-shredding power fantasies, and a satisfied player is a better player.
There's the idea that "female character=ERP", an absurd false equivalency that I've never seen during my GMing years. Hell, those games with the fetish-ball characters? The least sexual I've had, because people can be satisfied with less and don't have to break boundaries to get thrills.
Those games were the most mature, engaged and plain fun ones I've had, because toilet humor stops being fun when you can do so much else without fear of being backstabbed.
People act like retards around taboos because they want to shock - when you have a group of people who're not going to be shocked, guess what happens.

In short, ITT, assume that you're in the company of mature adults, and post about the characters you want to play but can't because some virginoid shitter on the other side of the world decided that a barefoot character is immediately going to turn the campaign into nonstop sex.
Pic related is one of my group members' PCs for an Aberrant game where the pitch was basically "smash your fetishes into a character because Aberrant is the perfect fit for that".
It ended up being one of the most plain entertaining games I've played, because in the end, people don't usually want to waste a character they're engaged in and like on just plain yiffing.
Exploring the character becomes much more of a focus than in other games because the players are actually fully engaged and don't feel like they have some invisible boundaries they need to keep if they don't want some spergulator to snap.

>Things that would be considered "magical realm" today were parts of celebrated, classic modules like the Tomb of Horrors.

The module is celebrated, those parts aren't.
They were ridiculed then, they're ridiculed now.

Stop acting like the worst parts of the past are something we should drag into the future.

Also, SJW's are all about throwing their fetishes into other people's faces, and baring their chests in the name of "progressivenes". If you want to bring them up, you should be aware that you are really nothing but another form of them.

Honestly I agree

Anyone who thinks "magical realm" refers to anything which someone could interpret as sexual, or even explicit mentions of sexuality, is an idiot who didn't understand the Gunshow comic. The point of it was the GM, against the wishes of his players, constantly telegraphed his patently disgusting and creepy fetish for no reason other than he's a freak. The way the players called him on it and the fact he immediately continued until they fucking hit him indicates he does that constantly.

You just want us to post fapbait characters, right?

The basic rule is that if the only way you can come up with ideas is thinking with your dick, you really have no capacity to even make basic assessments. You're basically the bottom of the community, the people who give roleplayers a bad name, and rather than encouraging each other to make each other worse, you should develop a shred of self-awareness and stop pretending that maturity means tolerating any idea, no matter how bad it is.

You feeling alright, OP?

Did you have a hyper-religious upbringing?

Hyper-religion, as bad as ultraviolence.

Gigareligious sounds better

Didn't another magical realm thread get deleted like an hour ago?

That said, sex is a taboo in our culture, whether you like it or not. People won't feel comfortable talking about it without some sort of prior understanding (mutual awareness of each other's kinks), identity mask (e.g. online accounts), or complete ignorance of social norms.

ERP isn't necessarily bad. Magical realms in the context of ERP is literally putting chess pieces on a chess board.

What isn't typically appreciated is when people throw in sexual content outside ERP. They went into the session under the assumption that it wouldn't stray past their expectations of what is 'okay' to talk about. Magical realm in this context is the GM trying to get their players involved in something that they are not entirely willing to engage with.

I honestly don't get why this concept isn't understood.

>wahhhh why does everybody keep leaving when i try to run my cowgirl milking fetish campaign

yawn

remember to sage and hide garbage threads, friends

Sex in D&D and Exalted: If your group's cool with it fine, if not don't let if be the focus of a session/encounter.
Sex in Shadowrun and VtM: Necessary, sleaze is a huge part of the setting.

the types of people who play tabletop games (generally, of course there are exceptions) don't have the maturity to handle sex & sexuality like proper adults. people are aware of this consciously or unconsciously, and tend to want to keep it out of their games.

But still not as bad as hyper-war.

I allow if futa, loli, scat/watersports, vore of any type, farts/stinky smells, inflation(I guess fattening is okay), feet, and /shit-shit/ aren't involved.

I tend to determine any character's sexual proclivities when creating the character, just like I do every other part of their personality, though I never really do anything bizarre, unless the character is supposed to be mentally unwell.

This isn't really a SJW thing, SJWs are often very "sex positive". This is more of a general cultural shift to keep anything that could be seemed sexual - from nudity on the beach to bras thin enough to show nipple - out of the public sphere. It's been the trend for about twenty years, and actual feminists and SJWs are actually part of the side that wants to push the pendulum back on this particular issue. But they kind of suck at it because they're insignificant counterculturists that nobody cares about, and also they're bad at marketing their ideas.

It's also better the way it is now, so no real reason to shift it back.

>sex is a taboo in our culture
Then why do people keep doing it, you moron?

Sex doesn't fucking belong to the table unless everyone is fucking fine with it, you degenerate piece of shit. Personally, I will never be ok with anyone bringing sexual topics up in my make believe story telling sessions. Sex is something extremely fucking intimate and private and should not be discussed with anyone besides your partner in my views.

Fuck off with trying to force your degeneracy on others, you sodomite.

This is like going into a discussion about sunsets and saying that the sky is blue and you don't get why this isn't understood.

Like many taboo things, it's fun to do.

>Sex is something extremely fucking intimate and private and should not be discussed with anyone besides your partner
>he doesn't talk about sex with his friends or even on his chinese cartoon message board
The weird one is you, here.

Your analogy is like your brain is made of fuck and you're dumb.

I don't think you know what a taboo is at all. Taboo is things like incest and bestiality. Although even those are becoming less so these days, so maybe it would be more accurate to say that a taboo is something like having sex with children. A taboo is something that's fucking unthinkable to any remotely well-adjusted person in a culture. If almost everyone in a culture is doing something, it's not a fucking taboo and you're a fucking moron.

>he doesn't talk about sex with his friends or even on his chinese cartoon message board
No, I do not, because that topic is not something I want to discuss with even my friends, let alone some strangers. I got zero interest in other people's sex life nor do I have any interest in sharing any details about mine to others. Listening to people talk about their sex lives just makes me feel disgusted. I don't fucking want to know. In fact, them telling me details about their intimate lives makes me feel like I am violating their intimacy by just fucking hearing them talk. It is not my place to know any of that shit and I detest them for telling me about it.

Well, congratulations on illustrating that your failure to comprehend or communicate wasn't a one-off fluke.

Are you sure you're actually friends with those people?

I am.
And no, their sex lives do not fucking interest me in the slightest. I don't need to know anything about that shit in order to be their friend.

He's right, you know. If we all get offended by other people's sexual tastes, we're no better than SJWs. If you don't like it, don't spoil it for others. If you're into it, just be into it.

Not even the guy you were talking to, just pointing out that your analogy is the second most retarded thing in this entire thread.

The first thing is this entire thread.

>That said, sex is a taboo in our culture
We know. We wanna change that.

Are you kidding? It's more fun because it's taboo!

>We know. We wanna change that.
And I think you should be shot.

>not even reading anything he said
Are you dyslexic, senpai

Aww, you need a hug

>I am unironically an SJW

Oh fuck.

Fuck off.
I only accept hugs from people I am close to, like my family members. Strangers giving me hugs makes me want to stab the fuckers.
Personal.
Fucking.
Space.

>We know. We wanna change that.
Well we do not. The sexual revolution ruined sex. The rules around sex and courtship should be calibrated to excite the flesh without giving license to damaging behaviors. The whole system is like a steam engine, if you throw open all the release valves there is no more pressure to drive the engine.

Repression makes people breed like rabbits.

Most SJW's these days are really sex-positive though. Like to very disgusting levels.

>being afraid of someone on the internet who you'll likely never meet offering a hug that he'll never be able to give you due to the aforementioned fact that you will never meet

I simply detest your sentiment of liberal hug giving.

>play an RPG because you can't be a wizard going on epic magical adventures kicking down doors and slaying dragons in real life.
>cant have sex in real life
>try to find an outlet in RPGs instead of fixing the problems in your life that cause you to put sex and dragonslaying in the same category
>complain that the wider tabletop RPG culture is not accepting of your obviously pathological behavior

>hugs are liberal

I didn't mean liberal in the political sense, you moron. I meant the sentiment of giving out hugs willy nilly.

Haha you said willy

not my bag, but I can see the appeal... phat ass white tiefling?

as for myself, I would play a bard with a massive foot fetish, the trouble being that is a reputation harming fetish, and reputation = livelihood for a bard. there'd be a good dose of ephebophilia like pic related, and he'd be very good at disguising himself to cover his perverse tracks. ultimately he'd be after the soft perfect feet of nobles/royalty, there's lots of age/class play involved in all of this too

as for actually doing this at a gaming table? maybe if my partner and a like minded hot couple were down for such a game. I don't imagine this being enjoyable with normal friends, I'd want it to descend into actual depravity at points

Why the fuck do I even spend time on this site? It is almost 5 am for fuck's sake.

Your point is muddled. Are you saying we need to breed more? Because declining birth rates have way more to do with rising standards of living than cultural Moore’s, plus how well the economy’s doing at a given time.

Conservatives instead give firm handshakes to their loved ones.

>were parts of celebrated, classic modules like the Tomb of Horrors.
>Brief scan of my PDF.
What sexual part?
>Reads some of the replies
This guys seems to get it.
>...
>... ...
Oh. You mean the part that gender-change teleport. I think you also missed the part where it tele-drops you in a hole naked and in the dark? Yeah sure, sounds funny written out like in text I'll give you. But at no point in my life have I seen this module run with any sexual flare in it. Funny? Absolutely, goddamn absolutely. but the character is alone, equipment-less, 1-in-a-1000 chance of rescue, and about to die.

The fact you think that small tiny one sentence section in an other wise monstrous trap description has me worried.

The difference is that classic shit was put in there for legitimate worldbuilding.

Magical realm shit is about the DM or players being creepy about it.

A throw away line about furries reproducing through a seven gender orgy from a guy I know spends his time thinking up weird and unique SF shit is different from that same line delivered from someone who I know has a fursuit. Fuck you, Andy

And I just assume that everyone online is into some seriously fucked up shit as a precautionary measure.

So unless I know someone, if I see them put fetish stuff into a game I'll assume they have an erection at that very moment.

Your right to hug ends where my personal space begins.

Can I hug you in my mind?

>firm handshakes
How...detached.

>SJWs made 2017 the year of rape accusations
>sex positive

Haha no, you are full of it, they can pretend they are sex positive but their actions speak louder

I agree, Al Franken shouldn’t have stepped down.

Now that I know about it, it's in my mind as well, and that's part of my personal space.

They're sex positive for gays, lesbians, and trans. And usually only if you're black, but a blind one armed trans lesbian white woman might be acceptable.

But they don't like asians because asians are demonstrating that systemic racism isn't a thing, so asians don't get sex positivity either.

For SJWs, it's women should get all the sex they want and not face any sort of repercussions, while men are to be punished for thinking about sex.

SJW's are all about sexual freedom, as long as that freedom belongs exclusively to women.

Rape ain't real sex

step down? he bent over to take it so fast he didn't have time to step anywhere

>people still falling for old pasta
This board has gone to shit

Reminder that penis-in-vagina sex is sexual assault. It can also never be consensual, unless the participant with the penis is female.

Yes it is

Can someone tell me when the SJW meme is going to die? I swear it’s ten Social Justice Warrior Warriors to any one ‘real’ Social Justice warrior.

>Oh help me I’m a straight white make on the Internet, and I’m being oppressed!

Just grow a pair and stop being such betas already.

Enjoy having "CULTURAL APPROPRIATION!!!" screamed into your face for wearing a hip hop T-shirt or using a Spanish word or something, because that shit is making inroads into the mainstream now. In no small part it's due to complacent types like you not opposing it.

No, retards, the people they were accusing were people who were groping and forcibly, physically, harrasing. That's different from "I like you, let's go out"

Consensual sex.

>t. "normal person"

When did that ever happen?

I and everyone I know have never seen that, and we live in the most cucked, pozzed, libtarded neighborhood in fucking SF. it's bullshit.

And? Who the fuck cares? What’s that particular flavor of asshole got over all the other flavor of asshole? Especially after 2016 and 2017 were the year of the asshole?

But user, if I did that, only two or three threads would be visible.

>everyone who disagrees with me is an SJW

This. Fuck SJWs figuratively.

They say never stick your dick in crazy, but some of those SJW girls are actually pretty hot when they're not landwhales

>everyone
No, just you.

>it's another Veeky Forums doesn't remember what magical realm means thread

Coming up at the top of the hour: Veeky Forums forgets what a mary sue is, followed by passive-aggressive faggot but he totally isn't That Guy, the other guy is

>it hasn't happened to me, so it doesn't matter

>but some of those SJW girls are actually pretty hot
So is a furnace, and it's just as suitable for sticking your dick into.

>Unless you have autonomous dick disease, you can keep it under control
Some of the wisest words my father passed down to me were these:
You only have enough blood to think with one head at a time.

That doesn’t answer the question as to why you should care if some hipster insults you in Spanish.

It's natural to fear something you don't understand

>We wanna change culture
Congratulations, you're officially counter-culture. People will talk down to you and you will deserve it because you're trying to fix something that isn't broken for anyone but yourself. This is why I always find it laughable that the smut posters on Veeky Forums are so apt to act like the "prudes" are the ones in the wrong.

You do realize that over-time counter-culture becomes culture right? It’s why the simpsons suck now.

>I'm terrified of people with purple hair because they might say something I don't like

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Don't be one of those "wrong side of history" faggots.

You'd have a point if you actually brought up real examples like Betty Boop (furry dog fucking), Wonderwoman (skeevy bondage fetish), Batman & Robin (homosex faggots) and Lara Croft (giant tits for shits and giggles.)

But here's the thing. These things were not popular because of their fetish content. Fetish content was something extraneous to its success.

>I'm terrified of people with purple hair because we're rapidly entering a world where they can get me fired with only 3 words and no evidence, which can then lead to harassment followed by public character assassination which can damage my reputation and brand me as evil, all with absolutely no repercussions for the accuser
FTFY

>slandering the sexually abused as liars
Special place in hell for you, buddy

Oh I am, but you don’t want to get me started on that, because I doubt many people would want to hear about it. (Hint: I do not especially like the current president)

I’m a history major. And since most people aren’t, they tend to assume that people didn’t disagree in the past. For instance- most people would think Elvis was uncontroversially popular. He wasn’t, people hated his guts. Everything about him was counter-cultural.

Same with Martin-Luther King Jr. people trying to pass themselves off as not-racist often hold him to say ‘I’m okay with activism if it’s like this’ when people especially hated his guts, his disapproval rating was the same as Colin Kapernicks today (not saying of course he’s the same kind of activist as MLK).

here, I'm not that other user, stop comparing me to him

Are people still on about Robin being gay? Because I think it’s pretty obvious that was so kids could fantasize about Batman being there dad, not so they could fantasize about having sex with him. Kids are deviant but not that deviant.

I think you mean firm handjobs.

>Oh I am
Then you have literally nothing of value to say in this, or any, discussion. You've already accepted your side as the victor and are subjecting yourself to conformation bias on purpose. You've deluded yourself into not only believing that you are inherently right, but that you are supported by a majority that doesn't even exist yet.
You absolute fool.

Who are you to call him a fool? In our modern era, people are too wracked with doubt to follow what they believe to be right. He has willpower, and you insult him for it. You, sir, are a coward and a backbiter, and furthermore, you fail. Goodbye.