theonyxpath.com/variations-on-a-theme

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yKAfwBPvsMA
mediafire.com/file/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/[WtF]The Pack.PDF
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Moo

are we kill

dont die

No idea what you're talking about. Transfiguration and excision both have their ways of fucking killing you, and so does unmaking -- actually, several means of killing you in the latter case.

Rank 6 lets an ephemera improvise any effect related to their influence governed by a spell of the common practices, 7 adds dynamics, excisions, and entities, and 8 adds transfigurations.

She can turn your dick into a noodle, she can turn your brain into sawdust, she can turn you into a melting snowflake who is also insane for the split second of your final existence; if she's feeling merciful she can turn your knowledge of the Spirit arcanum into nothing (check Excision).

Virtually any rank 6+ spirit is going to be able to figure out some means of killing you or at least totally disabling by improvising. Pic related.

What has my dick and noodles got to do with the influences Luna has.

Transfiguration is exactly that, it isnt unmaking. If you dont understand this then you are a mongo who needs to just stop opening his mouth.

While the rank 6 spirit is figuring out how to deal with a AM in his golden road (ie it cant) it'll get fucking bummed by the AM.

Luna looses. Deal with it.

She loses also.

You're replying to the guy who thinks Matter 5 is capable of killing God.

He's no doubt referring to the 'change' aspect of Luna's purview and overblowing it accordingly.

He's doing a very good job of ruining threads by forcefully injecting his headcanon.

>Let it die!

Simply turn him into a nonviable form. Its that easy.

>it isnt unmaking.

Rank 6+ spirits can do that too.

>if she's feeling merciful she can turn your knowledge of the Spirit arcanum into nothing

Change won't cover this.

hey numnuts, a potency 10 agg spell from freying can instantly kill people but it still isnt transfiguration.

The argument is not if Luna can kill a AM its she'll never get the fucking chance unless a Am is a literal retard.

>Change won't cover this.

Just an opinion, and a silly one. At a minimum, expect Luna to be able to deploy big boy versions of anything a Lune can do.

Until they release entity 6+ rules its all opinion.

So suck it up.

Stop pretending to be retarded.

>The argument is not if Luna can kill a AM

The shitposter has been seriously arguing that Luna, unlike a Lune, cannot deal fatal damage with her royal influence.

Which is silly,

I guarantee you he's trolling

I want to hang vampires upside down like pinatas and smack em with a sledgehammer in crinos form.

>Until they release entity 6+ rules its all opinion.

Not at all. IM is quite clear on the matter.

hahahaha.

1e book clear on 2e.

Nope, do better user.

What if that's their fetish?

I suppose you are in fact "pretending" to be retarded, but the exact same argument works in reverse. Not to mention nothing necessitates spirit rule changes (other than no extended action casting).

... leeches and wyrm-creatures pay DOUBLE the entrance fee for time in the dungeon

While I don't agree with the falseflagger, I'm going to have to agree with it on this particular issue.

Dave has mentioned before that these rules aren't "binding". True Fae function completely differently in Imperial Mysteries compared to, say, Equinox Roads or Changeling 2e.

It's the exact same method as previous iterations applying their own mechanics to non-native factions for the ease of play.

What argument works in reverse?

2e has already stated that the IM practices are still canon. We have no specific rules for them but 2e hasnt weakened AM's any so Luna still wont Win.

Time for New Thread?!?!

>Dave has mentioned before that these rules aren't "binding".

I'm not going to buy for a moment that the rules presented so that rank 6+ ephemera can interact, sometimes destructively, with archmage tier creatures are not, in fact, representative of how they are going to interact.

At most, one could argue that changelings have a slight edge in certain circumstances in terms of defeating true fae, which is thematic since they are potential true fae themselves.

Nobody's gonna use IM as proof that Helios will swoop down and edit the vampire template to give 1 in everything (or whatever), but its safe to assume they're either valid for AM vs royal spirit conflicts (otherwise they would not be included in IM), or that you should leave such beings unstatted and any conflicts with them ambiguous.

>What argument works in reverse?

IM either applies or it doesn't.

That would only be the case if IM practices werent mentioned in 2e.

Since they are then the fluff text stating whats possible with each will work exactly the same in 2e as 1e. Only the mechanics will have changed.

Not so with 6+ entity rules. 2e hasnt yet stated they have the equivof IM practices.

Rip Luna.

Hey, it's just repeating what the dev said on the matter. These might not be Luna's true capabilities, in the same vein as the Gentry.

That's a new low of retarded magefaggotry. Congratulations.

At the moment, you can either go by the book, or the ST can houserule something. And a houserule can be anything, it can even be to go by the book. That is about all that can be said.

You're abusing previous arguments made by previous retarded Magefags.

I'm almost certain you're falseflagging as one.

That's not really much of a statement, now is it?

Show me the 2e entity 6+ rules.

Cos i can show you the 2e IM rules.

Luna dun gone and died.

Yeah, I can see that you're intentionally being a dingbat. Either out of spite for the magefags or you've gone insane from the madness that this place has devolved into.

What do mages taste like?

I suspect he is indeed false flagging just for humor, sort of like how I was when I was pointing out Corr 3 is, counterintuitively, better at sun beaming vampires than Forces 5.

Caine and Luna have both been defeated.

We need a new challenger.

>What do mages taste like?

Victory (with chicken).

How many dots in the life sphere does it take to let you soak agg?

I would say the semen they use Correspondence/Space to teleport into their enemies' mouths, but giving up your semen is a good way to be destroyed by an enemy's Correspondence/Space powers in turn.

A mage must never spooge, anywhere, or else someone will find it and use it against him.

To keep yourself safe from mages, you must never spooge anywhere either or else a mage will find it after rooting through the dumpster outside your house and kill you with sympathetic casting. Likewise, those whores may actually be mages trying to get semen for sympathetic casting. Beware.

usual answer.

What ever the ST says it is. You have to ask them.

3, but in m20 I believe its actually Prime 3 that makes someone deal or soak agg.

It could be both.

Abstinence is clearly the only fool-proof protection against mages.

Also, stay in school and don't do drugs.

The CIA (well, Progenitors) LITERALLY put the chemicals in the drugs that makes drugs bad for you. If it wasn't for Technocrats you could snort coke continuously and it would be fine for you.

This is the sort of retarded shit that makes Ascension stupid.

It's not that Archmages can't turn Luna into a sock puppet, it's that the Magefags haven't demonstrated the necessary creativity to pull it off.

You'd all make terrible Seekers!

Relevant
youtube.com/watch?v=yKAfwBPvsMA

Jesus, it really sounds like Mage is out of control recently.

>Abstinence is clearly the only fool-proof protection against mages.
>Also, stay in school and don't do drugs

>You can't tell me what to do Mr. Obrimos, you're not my father!

*appears behind u*
*violently masturbates in your general direction while high on organic, completely harmless cocaine to cast spells on u*

Psshhh nothing personnel kid

>this is a completely normal mage character

how do we fix this thread

Euthanasia.

I will legitimately kill myself If I have to migrate back to the OPP forums

Don't fucking die now, you piece of shit thread

How was Cain defeated user?

Exile mage fags to their own thread.
No mage fags just have a poor understanding of the rules.

Fate to null the x7 curse then you can take your pick.

Lightspeed into space, lawnchaired. There are many ways.

Shit, thread's dying, uh...

Quick, give me five ways how the Vampire and Werewolf population of a local city (size up to your choice) can have a deeply involved relationship between one another.

HardMode™: Add in Prometheans and Sin-Eaters.
LunaticMode™: +Changelings, +Demons.
NiggaYouWhatMode™: Beast.

>Fate to null the x7 curse then you can take your pick.
Can't do that by RAW it is explicitly not allowed.
>Lightspeed into space, lawnchaired. There are many ways.
Cain can undo both these through disciplines though.

Forgot to add this.

Vamp fags are hilarious.

I was not aware the rules were Hilarious, must just be the delusions seeping into your brain and consuming it.

Those rules only mention the curse of caine, the one he laid on the antes. Where is the txt saying anything about gods curse?

It says Curse of Caine and clan weaknesses. But it should be noted what he posted pertains to sorcery not true magic

It also uses the term magic and mages.

Never mentions magic(K) though.

Reeeeeeeeeeeee

>few woofs and a lot of hosts, people dead and monsters running around all over the place. woofs and vamps need to work together to deal with the menace
>Totem spirit throws a shitfit. Decides to give woofs a middle finger and move to local CoC congregation. Vamps roll with it
>City has wyrms nests randomly poping up around the place and both woofs and ordo dracul race to get them and figure out the cause of the phenomenon

NiggaYouWhatMode™
>Beasts run around doing their shit with causes all sorts of disturbence among the mortals. Vamps suspect woofs of foul play as the beasts leave the trail of false evidence

The nature of the curse might not be able to be changed to my limited knowledge on mage, but there is a spell to remove it. Just not on Caine on account of being too old, unless archmages have a mechanic that lets them succeed on something with a difficulty of well over 100

So why did God's "curse" include the potential to develop superpowers? I understand the immortality and the sevenfold curse and that Lilith was the one responsible for disciplines but why would God even include the possibility of that happening?

Old testament god was insane.

God is a fuckup

Caine was made more than human, more than mortal in a way that no other had.
What Caine had was potential, but he would have never delved into on his own, and God knew it, so originally, it would not be a real problem.
It wasn't until someone outside His Light came along and fucked it up, and by the time it got really shitty, God ceased to give a shit, because he would work it out, and Men were indeed strong enough to stave off the predations of the night.

What are the chances that god specifically engineered the curse so that Caine would have a 0% chance to awaken as a mage? Not giving a single fuck about whatever he'd become afterwards as long as he wasn't a mage.

Depends on what you want.
In my game, vamps and wolves rarely interacted as a group, but individuals were willing to work deals out with each other. Example: The Outsiders pack had a quiet deal with a small coterie to provide that High Octane Crazy blood in exchange for making real estate deals that furthered the pack's influence.
No one wants a prommie around, and Sin Eaters generally do their own bidness, entreating with others when needed to keep things smooth because the rule of Penn's Woods is that you keep it local and peaceful, or every wolf pack in the tri-state area will be obligated by elder bargains to gank your shit.
The pc pack came into the game in the middle of one of these Death Hunts, becoming one of 8 packs looking for the honor of slaying the Prince of Eerie for transgressions beyond the pale.

The best way to get it to work is to have threats to the city from each of the splats that are either bigger than their respective spats or there's other reasons that complicate things for one splat but not the rest.
Maybe a Hero that is too powerful for the Beasts alone, but man is he agitating the local spirits.
I'm sure the Changelings would love to help in a difficult sacred hunt if the Wolves agree to join in the next Ashen Hunt.

>lets go gay it up with the woofters says the faefag..

NOT.

This is the gayest thing i have ever read.

Hey, there's nothing like changelings to really make a hunt *fabulous*!

Honestly reminds me of the time i was playing a fox pooka and wanted to join the werewolves..

I was very young though so didnt realize how gay it was.

A Werewoof writer did a post about Requiem vampires having to deal with one of the Hosts and how it could work. That could be a good link to bring werewolves in to help deal with the Hosts too.

There a whole section on woof crossover in The Pack, the only Forsaken supplement.

Is it in the pastebin?

If not your such a tease.

The Pack should be in the pastebin, it was shared a long time ago.

If not, here you go:

mediafire.com/file/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/[WtF]The Pack.PDF

Enjoy woof crossover goodness and a lot more!

Insecure Magefags have killed this general.

Non-magefags who dont accept mage supremacy killed this general.

The cover looks like a bunch of mongos on it.

Really bad art.

The cover sucks, but the content is excellent.

Yeah Werewolf has had the best material from the 2nd edition lines

Still dont get Woofs. Apocalypse was green-peace on steroids, 1e was shadow policemen, 2e is lets just hunt shit?

Wtf do they do all day, even reading this book woofters are still prob my least fav splat.

They always do.

2e is a metaphor for gangs.

Everything comes down to cultivation and protection of territory.

Forsaken are basically Requiem vampires, but instead of fighting shadowy creatures that possess people, they fight shadowy creatures that possess people.

Both have their schtick be "this is my territory, intrude on it and there is hell to pay."

Main difference is that vampires (who become smitten with each other by sharing blood and who can fire friendship lasers as a cheap easy starting character thing) are portrayed as solitary and werewolves (who have no convenient way to make each other intrinsically get along) are portrayed as more sociable.

In practice I only really envision the poor person clans like gangrel and nosferatu as being loner types. They sit around in the gutter, playing Dr. Doolittle and having their animal minions peek in on people having sex and using that info to blackmail other people all day, and occasionally commandeer apes from the zoo to throw the Prince into the daylight.

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

I'm going to have to agree with this

I don't see anything in the rules suggesting that mages *aren't* fucking retarded in the power category. Even in fluff you have them doing shit 100x above anything vampires have ever displayed.

The only credible argument Vampire players have ever made pertaining to this topic, is this 'plot device' shit, of which, apparently, isn't exclusive to them? Or that literally anything can have it?

It's another 'Goku vs Superman' debate, with the Goku(vampire) idiots not acknowledging how fucking dumb Superman(mage) becomes thanks to that bald fucker(Morrison).

Geez. The Archmage vs Luna argument is even worse. 's screeching covered it quite well.

This shit belongs on ComicVine, not Veeky Forums

Calling something gay three times isn't an argument.
We're not in grade school anymore.

I honestly don't know why people still argue with Magefags and their I win buttons.
It's pointless as boring.

Probably because it's hilarious to see people drop logic in favour of bias.

So what's the deal with that Forsaken campaign that was being cooked up?

It's a little sad on both accounts, really.
Mages have a need to win at table top RPGs like it is the only thing that matters in their life.
The ones who bite the bait? Desperate to win against someone who's only rules are 'I win', so they end up frustrated and impotent.
It's not even entertaining anymore.

Why do people still pretend Caine's joke sheet is canon?

Your post just furthers the Caine sheet meme, of which it isn't even canon.

The original sheet even has the original creator's name on it.