EDH/Commander General

"All-in-one package" edition

Previously: RESOURCES

>Latest News:
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18749

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread Question
What card(s) do you use for a way to get multiple effects on your board?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wu-edh-kangee-aerie-keeper/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>what do to get multiple effects on board
Play my cards, the clones/redundant cards just come to me.

Norin always and forever.

Shrine Altisaur
4W
Creature - Dinosaur
If a source would deal damage to another dinosaur you control, prevent all but 1 of that damage.

>What card(s) do you use for a way to get multiple effects on your board?
what the hell does that even mean?

Fuck, forgot image.

Path to Discovery
3G
Enchantment
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, it explores. (Reveal the top card of your library. Put that card into your hand if it's a land. Otherwise, put a +1/+1 counter on the creature, then put the card back or put it into your graveyard.)

I am positively loving these spoilers! Then again, I also loved Ixalan. I stand by my taste.

>Thread question
I like to emulate and/or double down on spells with "Enters the battlefield" effects on my creatures, as I tend to lean towards Tribal decks and really only play kitchen table these days. I once made a Ripple Rats deck that barely had any non-Rat cards in it other than Thrumming Stone along those lines.

I said I was making it, and I was serious...
I just need to take thirteen cards out of it, and it's done. When it is, I'll link to it on tappedout.

Damn, vampires are really getting the short end of the stick this time.

Bretty good. Easier to remove Bident of thassa and costal piracy but can draw a card itself + has all the other menfolk benefits

It encourages you to get hit, so you can get a big vanilla creature with no abilities.

Rares are getting worse and worse with each edition.

So hes a super shitty delaying sheild?

I guess it has some synergy with stuff like necropotence, but fuck me it's still so bad.

yeah but hes also a 2 mana get a token from edgar so hes playable

Everything makes a token in edgar, you've gotta be better than almost nothing. Id rather play insolent neonate because hes at least got menace.

a 2 mana 1/1 with no abilities is playable in edgar, anything on top of that is upside

There are much better two mana vampires than this dude. There's a critical point where being playable by itself stops mattering, because now it's fighting to be more playable than its peers, and Vampires are well past that point.

user im just trying to say its so bad that even if its viable in edgar it doesnt mean its playable in edgar. Its taking up space that your yaheeni, crib swap and other cards should be taking.

yeah thats probably true though you can pay life through greed or something and start pumping him

Any spicy tech for Darreti?

why is that card so bad?

can't wait to test her in edgar.

That's one of the shittiest cards i've ever seen.

Hed be great if he had an activated like kytheon, but as it is there are just better vamps that grow like that for less work. I could see a game where he gets huge with a phyrexian arena, but the card has issues.

>tfw you cast subterranean tremors x = 8

this is going to be awful in standard and pretty decent in edgar get your foil copies for under 2 bucks

Can you infinite combo her with Nim Deathmantle and Ashnods Altar?

yeah with sufficient mana and counters on her

Draft chaff. In Mirrodin, the fact it was an artifact was advantageous enough that if you couldn't manage to grab enough artifacts, it might somehow still be worth grabbing very, very late in the pack.

>cathars crusade+this+nim deathmantle+ashnods
Seems good

That's passable in Edgar, just passable. Lifelink is such a mediocre ability in EDH anyway. I'd much rather have flying or deathtouch.

Not really, I think you can combo off with as little as 2 counters on her.
>sac to altar, 2 mana, 3 tokens
>sac 1 token, 4 mana for mantle
>sac two remaining when she's in, back at 3 power but up by 4 mana.
>sac her, 3 tokens, 6 mana, use 4 for mantle.
>sac remaining 3 put her at 4 power
>sac her get hueg mana and 4 tokens
>ad nauseum

Its a combo piece, you just gotta play the combo

yeah i think you need two counters, not hard with an altar out already

>edh general
>b/w, possibly mardu vampires
>what is necropotence
>cmc less than 3, synergizes with Bishop of rebirth

I am going to have a field day remaking my vampire deck.

Actually shit. You can go off turn 4 if you played two creatures turn 1 and 2 if you play altar turn 3 then her turn 4

>b/w
>not using markov
come one user, you know you want to.
how else are you going to play with the new vamps AND with Olivia's futadick

you only need one creature if you are playing markov

wait when do you play the nin death mantel?

blood artist is 2 mana, and thats lethal with the ashnods.

>mardu

>intentionally gimping yourself

>wanting to play a dickgirl
It's like you're a fag or something.

Fuck you're right I forgot about mantle, like one user said though, t1 Markov you have two creatures so you can slot death mantle in turn two

You need to play a turn 2 vamp, sac it ajd the token for 4.

its not gay if she has tits and you dont kiss

Whatever helps you sleep at night...

I thought it wasn’t gay as long as balls didn’t touch.

real futa doenst have balls

That is how it works. And everybody knows that if it has balls it isn't real futa

yeet

bretty gud
goes in atraxa justkiddingitsmerfolktriballol

Timestream Navigator 1U
Creature – Human Pirate Wizard
Ascend (If you control ten or more permanents, you get the city’s blessing for the rest of the game.)
2UU, T, Put Timestream Navigator on the bottom of its owner’s library: Take an extra turn after this one. Activate this ability only if you have the city’s blessing.

That's pretty sick. Going straight into my inalla deck. I want to see more pirate spoilers desu, pirates are way cooler than gay dinosaurs.

atraxa has 2 cards that change creature types user. You could play merfolk tribal in atraxa and make her a qt mermaid angel.

>pirates are way cooler than gay dinosaurs
DELET THIS

I thought Futa just had to have a dick and pussy, and balls were optional

Well then

>boros hautli was ok
>this is fucking broken in the right deck
Seems about right

>Still no Naya Walker

no dude the balls make it gay even if you dont kiss

>boros hautli is allright
>they pull out all the stops for G/W

boros cucked again JUST

Well that's going into my token deck then.

It doesn't even matter really, liking dick on anything is gay in the first place.

Over £100 in store credit and I can't think of a casual deck to build. Should I just buy the anthology?? Is there much upgrade potential for each deck and personalization?

ETB hard removal, just peachy

are pirates hurting for decent bodies enough that they'd wanna play this?

Starving Paladin
1W
Creature - Vampire Knight
Starving Paladin doesn't untap during your untap step.
Whenever you gain life, untap Starving Paladin.

Watery Ambush
3U
Enchantment
When Watery Ambush enters the battlefield, create two 1/1 Merfolk creature tokens with Hexproof.
3U: Target Merfolk can't be blocked this turn.

Shit, this is actually pretty good. I hope it's garbage in standard so I can pick it up on the cheap.

Has there ever been a more obvious Edgar auto-include than this?

Even if I’m fucking her in the pussy and squeezing her tits while she jacks off her own cock?

Would it be okay in Roon?

I gotta wonder why the merfolk tokens from this block have hexproof, aside from maelstrom pulse what targeted removal do people use on tokens?

If it is has a dick its gay. You like dick fag. Quit trying to get around it

>strictly better Nekretal
Jesus, they actually have good cards in this set?

Oh, murr! I love your dubs, Mister Dragon...

I'm loving these green/blue Merfolk! They have a vibe somewhere between Rootwater and Zendikar.

SECONDED! REEEEEEE

My cinnamon sister.

Hope springs eternal for a RWG Ajani someday. It's a crime that it hasn't already happened. Maybe we'll go back to the ruins of Alara and each Shard will get a Planeswalker of their iconic character in Shard colors.

It's okay in Roon.

It's a gamebreaker in Meren.

Liking dick but only if it’s attached to pussy and tits seems like it’s maybe 1/3 faggy, at most:

You are slowly becoming a bigger fan than the futa fucker. And you already didn't have much wiggle room being a trip fag

I just like stealing creatures

>Olivia steals creatures by fucking them into submission
Hot

Well, I am a fag, so let's go ahead and call it no wiggle room. A sleep-deprived fag, at that. Why is there so much gay stuff in this thread instead of Magic talk? Oh well, at least it keeps the thread bumped for the spoiler-friendo, and while I try to get four fucking cards out of this EDH deck to post it.

>A sleep-deprived fag
go to sleep sodomite and get help

They say those that have the most violent reactions to gays harbour repressed urges.

Now shut the fuck up and talk about cardboard.

>fags say those that have the most violent reactions to gays harbour repressed urge
yeah sounds like something a sane person would say
>and i bet you wanna fuck your muddah too, disgusting goy

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wu-edh-kangee-aerie-keeper/
I finally finished this damn vanity project. I'm actually pretty thrilled with it, but had to make some cuts that hurt badly.

No to both of those, thank you very much.

Amen. Get deserved by you who got it.

JACE BETRAYS VRASKA

Tilonalli's Summoner
1R
Creature - Human
Ascend
Every time Tilonalli's Summoner attacks, you may pay XR. If you do, create X 1/1 Elemental creature tokens tapped and attacking.
Exile them at the beginning of the next end step, unless you have the City's Blessing.

Why does people liking Futa not seeing themselves as gay bother you so much? Why can’t you just go “Oh those wacky faggots!” internally and move on over it?

You dont need any counters.

Deathmantle grants +2/+2. So the first time you sac her to alter, she spawns 3 tokens already. You can then sac one token, to get her back equipped.

This leaves you with a 3/3 elena and two tokens.

I'm just pretending

this was spoiled awhile ago in the artbook

They agreed to do this, otherwise Bolas would know about jace the moment Vraska tried to claim her reward