warhammer-community.com/2017/12/28/faction-focus-chaos-daemons/

>Daily Painting Video
youtube.com/watch?v=aw84ROL28Gw

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

DA CODEX:
mega.nz/#!Ald3GbDI!gE1W1yRfDZauVwh6xwmAIP4v16f3BdLb7TI6qcGj1nE

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

stores.ebay.com.au/Miniatures-Painting/_i.html?LH_BIN=1&rt=nc&_sid=1211545257&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FIRST FOR DA LADZ!!

First for plastic sisters

>GW declares 2018 the year of nurgle
>deathguard and their global campaign was last year
What did they mean by this?

SORRY 'UMIE YAS TOO LATE, LADS WAS ERE FIRST

I saw that too.

Another year of WoW-tier nurgle releases, user! Enjoy!

GW are retards and have no clear leadership

"New Year" of Nurgle. I take it you aren't a native english speaker?

Konor round 2 FIGHT

Quick, go along, find one for yourself.
A sweetly, rotting bed to lie upon...

What are your favourite weapon loadouts for Carnifexes?

>what are daemons of Nurgle?

Carnifeces*

>not even implying they're shit

Anyone have the datasheet for Sly Marbo?

Do girls really play Warhammer 40k or is it just a marketing scheme by Games Workshop?

Yes

Looking to start buying some 40K miniatures next week, in terms of good models, paint-brushes and paints what should I buy?
I can order online but preferably would go to my local GW.

Devastators are best supported by Lieutenants in my experience. You could also just add an ablative wound. Keep your apothecaries where pricey models will fall (though I guess saving lascannons may be worth it?)
the rule of thumb to build an army is pretty simple: take 1-2 HQ you like the look/fluff of, 2 boxes of basic troops (and if there are multiple ways to build them, try diversity), and as many other choices as budget and/or reason see fit (I'd say just one model/squad you like the look of at first if you're not sure you'll like the game). Keep in mind you'll also have to buy tools and paints too (and that's part of why the hobby is deemed
Once your basic army is (badly) painted and ready to be played (maybe you even played a low-points game or two just to see what it was like!), you can think about adding other shit, depending on what you like and/or what you lack (gameplay-wise): do you have enough AT, enough anti-infantry? Do you need a resilient tank? A fast transport? etc.

>40k is a 28mm game
>Space Marines are 32mm
>Primaris/Death Guard are taller still
>Many armies are primarily composed of TEQ or other larger models (battlesuits, daemons, etc)

Both at the same time.

40k is a really weird masculin hobby so they tend to hide interest in it. It's like guys who are really in to make up dont tend to make their hobby public.

Well, I just gave some advice on the way to buy an army so there's that.
Do you know what faction you want to play?

>Get a foam tray carry case with individual slots for miniatures
>Old marines fit fine
>Primaris and Deathguard don't

That said, even Ork boys with their choppas held out/up and other dynamic models never fit well

I know it's cliche but I'm looking to start a Space Marine army, any chapter as long as its not the Dark Angels or Blood Ravens. I was interested in Deathwatch but they aren't so good in gameplay, or so I've heard.

thornback with senses, stranglethorn cannon (it was it a barbered strangler? I always mix the two up) and two devourers for tons of ap- wounds on infantry.

Regular fex with talons, tusks, bone mace, spores, glands and deathspitters as a super fast 'pinball' for my kraken army. using the chapter tactic to 'bounce' from unit to unit.

Yeah what faction do you want to play. I'll give my advice as well as the other user so you have a couple of approaches to getting into the hobby.

Also, welcome!

>Space Marine army
>any chapter
ultramarines!

Because this release is focused on AoS stuff? They got only a single nurgle model last year

what happens now that all gods of chaos received their daemonic update?

Blood Angels

What do you think about the screamer killer

Are you speaking from first-hand experience? (of being a girl and liking 40k... I'm not so much interested in guys' passions for makeup)

the 14th black crusade starts.

Berzerkers for 40k

We get one step closer to the 8th ed ork codex of course.

As a girl(male) can confirm, plenty of us are into 40k

How much do you want/have available to spend to get started in the hobby?

Generic Space Marines are great because you can make your own Chapter and just pick which tactics you want to use. Or pick an obscure one and have fun making the models really fluffy. I picked Carcharodons for that reason and I really enjoy playing them for that.

That wasn't the question you attention whore.

My budget allows me to buy up to two start collecting boxes. I like every single 40k faction beside generic SM / CSM. Is there an army that works fine just with multiple start collecting boxes, so I can try my best in 1000pts casual games?

I'll probably just start a Space Marine army, or at least an Imperium based army. What would the pros to an IG set be? And ar the SoB or Custodes even worth considering or are they better forgotten for now.

What are the different effects of the major Chapter based armies? I understand the BA have a decent melee theme, and am wondering if the Ultramarines, or any other chapters, have a focus that would be best building an army around?

Scions, Guard, Admech all have really good SC boxes.

Exactly how feminine is your boy penis? Asking for a friend

I've got no experience with it just comparing it to other fexes it seems to be an "elite infantry killer" compared to the thornbacks "massed infantry killer".
Boring but practical, it just runs forward and does tons of ap-3 wounds. Rips up multiwound infantry and you can pay a point of CP to give it rerolls to wound.

Girls are not into list-building but they like to collect stuff and paint models.

I have around $100AUD to get started, but with a steady income I easily have more for the future.

Two Scion SCs will get you a versatile and fun force.

don't excuse yourself user, many start the game with Marines.
Do you like Primaris Marines or not?
The basic troops are the Tactical squad (good ol' bolter marine, with some special and/or heavy weapons thrown in from time to time), the Scout squads (infiltrators with lighter armor), and Intercessors (Tactical Marines ++, but with no options for special/heavy weapons), so you should take some boxes from those, plus a Captain (Primaris or not depending on your tastes).

As an ozfag look in to ebay, either now or when your more comfortable. GW rapes us price wise.

SC! Tau Empire works well

1 Ethereal
10 Fire Warriors
Missile Turret
3 Crisis Suits (with a bunch of weapon options)
10(I think?) drones, which can be made as gun/markerlight/shield drones

Ethereals give buffs to your FW's, FW's are solid troop choices with one of the best standard guns in the game, and you can make 1 unit of crisis your dedicated anti-armour and the other squad your general-purpose problem solver

The question was if girls are into 40k, which i answered

my clitty(penis) is very fem, but master keeps it locked up :(

This. You'll have a lot of good shooters and decent transport.

Do Primaris cost more points when building an army listing or do they have different skill sets or usage when compared to regular SM units?

I didn't expect much price wise, we get taxed on everything here. They would probably tax our breathing with import tax if they could.

>(male)girl
Degenerates please die

Whats the matter /pol/, scared you'll pop a boner for my cute little ass?

Just from talking to girls who are in to 40k.

They feel 40k is a bit of guys hobby and they dont feel comfortable just going in a store and joining in with a bunch of male strangers/vague acquaintances without a friend to back them up.

>Do Primaris cost more points when building an army listing or do they have different skill sets or usage when compared to regular SM units?
yes to all

Sick of the "sexual predators are everywhere" meme.

What of bunch of pussy.
Here our women mock the cunts that try to pull a “girls only gaming” for being little coward cunts and encouraging drama for the sake of drama

OK that seems to be roughly £57 of the queen's finest.

I'll take it down to £50 because I believe you guys have an unreasonable aus-tax on GW stuff over there

So what I'd suggest is getting the following (pretty much a repost from a thread yesterday tbf):
>Intercessors & Paint set - £17 - 3x Primaris, one is a sergeant, and you get all the most common paints and a brush in the kit too. Also you don't need glue for this kit
>clippers or hobby knife - £5
>can of spray primer - £5 - needed to ensure your paint sticks to your minis
>GW spray, your choice of colour depending on what colour you want your dudes - £8
>A couple of highlight paints to complement what you already have: one for your chosen base colour, one for the skin, one for the metal, one for the black - £10
>Nuln Oil wash - £5

There's £50 and it'll give you all you need to assemble, prime, paint, wash, layer, highlight and base your 3 dudes.

With your regular income, you can then buy a codex, which will help you build your army list, and then maybe one of the starter sets where you get more primaris - you can ebay the Death Guard half of the box to recoup some money.

Download the citadel paint app too, it has a ton of colour ideas for your dudes.

What do you think?

Nothing to do with sexual harassment, they just dont feel comfortible doing 'guy things' with male strangers.

Well I haven't got back into the game yet, just researching. But another ozfag on here linked this guy on ebay. Assuming its legit, as i haven't used it. But the savings seems good.

stores.ebay.com.au/Miniatures-Painting/_i.html?LH_BIN=1&rt=nc&_sid=1211545257&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=3

Just an example.

But if you know nothing at all, its not so helpful, as you need to meet people, find a club, play in tourneys etc, and many people do that with a shop. Also you won't know what to buy. I never learned in a shop though because my friends got me into the game.

>What are the different effects of the major Chapter based armies?
Black Templars are melee too (they're better at charging), they also have a few unique units/HQ (mostly for melee)
Ultramarines are efficient all-rounders
Imperial Fists are siege-themed
Raven Guard are supposed to be sneaky (their rule is actually considered the best because it's a buff to defense for everyone...)
Salamanders are good craftsmen, so their weapons are more reliable (re-rolls to hit)
Dark Angels like plasma and have special bikes and termies (but they're also a different codex)
I may have missed some

The fuck is this?

Every woman I’ve asked who likes 40k rarely play in stores or show interest in public because the guys end up being creepy/cringey as fuck and usually are horrific at respecting boundaries.

Even my gf who likes 40k says the average store we’ve gone into is almost always awkward as fuck dudes who don’t know how to talk to women and generally try too hard.

I think aside from the tumblrites its more about atmosphere, women know its a more "male space" so they are often aware they we're more likely to police our banter/behavior and it makes for an awkward experience when they just try to fit in (until they do and we see them as just another dude). Its the same thing with men joining pottery and cooking classes

If I underestimated the aus-tax, you could cut out the GW spray, nuln oil and highlight paints, save yourself £23, because that paint set has the base colour to do ultramarines. If you wanted a middle ground where the spray and highlight paints are too expensive, just get a pot of your chosen base colour for £2.60 - still saving you £20 and letting you do your custom chapter :)

What kind of autistic ridden country do you live?

Dark Eldar is a great SC

I'm sick of that meme too but I don't think this is about sexual predators, I think it's about awkward neckbeards who trip over their most basic words when talking with even a moderately passable woman in the same GW as them.

Either that, or overcompensate with too much confidence and just come across as weird anyway.

If I was a girl I would probably give it a miss too and just chill at home watching battle reports or painting vids whilst I worked on my hobby stuff

That seems like a pretty good idea for what to buy, thanks user! Do GW sell spray primer or is it overpriced?

Always wary about Ebay shit but seems okay, still probably going to buy from GW as I'm starting though, thanks user!

Really liking the Salamanders out of those, they seem difficult to paint properly but I guess thats the way with all miniatures. Any idea of what the White Scars effects are? If they have any I'd imagine some hard hit and run themed things. Thanks also, user!

>He thinks this isn’t all of the US

Niiiiice.

Dude his story is typical, my wife and two other women play with our gaming group and they say pretty much the same thing.

Beyond that i got no dog in this fight frankly, but the user youre replying to isnt giving some sort of one off bullshit story.

GW's spray paints are NOT primers, repeat NOT primers, they won't have the same effect!

(and also you can argue they're overpriced, but if you want to basecoat your dudes in a certain colour quickly they're a damn sight better than hand-brushing on 2 coats of paint on 10 guys)

Primers are slightly rougher in texture, and kind of bond to the plastic and give a granular surface for your "actual" paint to grip on to. It means your beautiful paint jobs will be much less prone to chipping.

As for where to get primer, in your country I have no idea. Here in the UK I get mine from a national auto-store called Halfords, which sells car paint primer. It's cheap, lasts ages and works a dream.

I wonder because spaghettifags are not the norm. Well beside the USA that has an abnormal amount of autistics cunts

Is playing a ranged army inherently more or less fun than a melee focused army? I'm trying to choose my first army, and I can't decide whether just shooting things from a distance you guessed it I'm thinking T'au would be fun.

BONUS QUESTION:
What do you think is the most fun style of army? Speedy-bois? Assault? Small elite force?

>going to buy from GW as I'm starting though, thanks user!

Honestly when you just start its a good idea, as their staff are essentially made for new guys showing you some basics with paints, etc.

They do sell primer, and personally I would recommend it. As you spend so much on the minis, you don't wanna fuck em up with some shitty primer. Buy its like $20+. I never found a good substitute, so you have to use it.

Don't buy GW glue, or clippers or their hobby knife shit. They are all rorts. A craft shop will save you there. GW brushes are alright. But there is better shit online.

Remember to have fun user. Its why you are doing it after all.

What to equip reivers with? Big knifes or guns?

Lots of Ork stuff in new White Dwarf, mainly just advertising their current range. It's weird.

It'd be really interesting to know the ratio between guys, trans/traps and cisgirls in this hobby, but I doubt we'll ever have any more than anecdotes to go by.

2x SC! Skitarii is pretty much the best way to start an Admech army.
Two Domini with whatever weapons, although they normally pair up as Erad Ray/Macrostubber or Volkite/Serpenta for melee or range respectively.
Two Neutroncrawlers is good enough anti-tonk, although you'll probably need another one or two for 2k/3k+ games.
5x4 Skitarii works well, and you can build 2x5 basic Rangers, 1x5 Vanguard w/ 2 plascals and EDT or Omnispex and 5 Rangers with 2 Arquebi and Omnispex for four good troops choices plus excellent snipers that can also chip at light vehicles.

That list is about 780 points give or take a few depending on loadouts, grab an Enginseer for less tax and then some extra flavour unit like a Kastelan box + Datasmith or a few Dragoons for a decent 1k army like this:

Dominus 127 points
Enginseer 47 points

5 Rangers, 2 Arquebi, Omnispex 92 points
5 Rangers 35 points
5 Rangers 35 points

2 Dragoons 136 points

Dunecrawler, Neutron, 2 Stubbers, Data-Tether 145 points
Dunecrawler, Neutron, 2 Stubbers, Data-Tether 145 points
2 Kastelans, full Phosphor 220 points

Then you have 18 points to scatter some upgrades around, I'd take Omnispexes on the basic Rangers and a Serpenta on one of the Dragoons, or you could give the Rangers some Arc Rifles for more damage, or Tethers for morale. You have 6CP, so you can spend one to switch the Kastelans to shooty mode and another one whenever you charge with the Dragoons for Conqueror Protocol.

Does it matter?

Not a kangaroo but that doesn't seem much to start with desu. Know that it's a pretty expensive hobby (at least to start)
I wouldn't buy a codex outright - especially when you can read them for free thanks to the archive.
I'm not saying you shouldn't buy your codices, but you should buy them only when you're sure what army you'll be playing. Maybe you'll find Dark Angels cooler than regular Space Marines for instance, but though the codices share the same base, they're still different armies and you can't really play one with the other's codex

2 Deathwatch SC! give you a lot of points

Not really, there just seem to be an overrepresentasjon of trans/traps so I'm curious what the actual numbers are

Just to give insight on the other side of the coin, you do sometimes see girls in GW, but only ever 1 or 2 out of a crowd of 15+.

However the average girl you see in a GW (I've hung out in 2 in large UK cities when I was in university) are on the same level as the average guy there. They're basically female neckbeards, or awkward spotty teens. Really quiet, doesn't really join in with the (autismo-tier) banter around the shop, accepted in the group... but imho, kind of awkward to talk to from a guy's perspective, because they just don't join in the general shop atmosphere in the same way as the guys.

I honestly think it just boils down to boys and girls being different - the guys go to the shop to push plastic around, shout loudly, have banter, and the girls - whilst still liking the hobby - appreciate it in a different way, and go to the shop to be around like-minded people whilst they paint or battle in a less raucous manner, and probably think the boys are just a bit dumb.

Thoughts?

What would be a good carry case for minis? Something that I can put over my shoulder rather than have to carry it in my hands.

>an overrepresentasjon of trans/traps
I have a feeling there actually isn't.

guns, melee isnt worth it unless you're trying to assist a better melee unit or if you're playing blood angels

Wait for the tau codex before jumping into playing tau

>What do you think is the most fun style of army? Speedy-bois? Assault? Small elite force?
I play nids and I like having a dedicated melee assault force keeping stuff in place and backed by a powerful shooting base

>Really liking the Salamanders out of those
read their fluff to confirm then. But basically they're bro-Marines, often savong people first THEN purging (which isn't always the order of things in the Imperium).
>they seem difficult to paint properly but I guess thats the way with all miniatures.
If it's the badge that worries you: there are decals in most boxes so you could use that until you're good enough to try free-handing
>Any idea of what the White Scars effects are?
I knew I forgot someone. They're mongolian speed freaks. I don't remember exactly what their Chapter Tactic is but that must be something to do with hit-and-run indeed.
>Thanks also, user!
you're welcome

>read lore about primarchs
>choose primarch you like best
>build army

I played Orks for 2 years exclusively. Took a break from the hobby, then came back for 8th edition and looked for the most different experience I could get - so chose Tau.

Orks are incredibly good fun, but that was in large part due to their random effect tables etc and how combat worked in 5th ed. I haven't played them in 8th, but can testify that they're good fun from what I remember.

Tau are actually equally good fun, from what I've found since starting them - just a different type of fun.

With orks you're throwing buckets of stuff at the enemy and bashing him over the head enough times to krump him.

With Tau you're selecting your targets carefully, diverting your jetpacked resources to where they're needed on the battlefield, and generally trying to keep the enemy AWAY from you, but still within a strict 18-24" distance for your weapons to have full effect. It's like a balancing act.

So is ranged more or less fun than melee? Neither, I'd say. It depends what you personally like about the game. However I can confirm shooting things from a distance is still bloody good fun - and if you built an assault-based Tau list, it doesn't even have to be that big of a distance.

The one thing I will say is that being able to take part in both the shooting AND the fight phase gives you double the fun, whereas only having one phase where you actually cause any harm to your opponent kind of takes away some of that.

A tupperware container with industrial strength velcro pads is pretty good and also cheap. You could throw your box around and they wont budge

No; that's why the original user said it would be "interesting" to know, not "essential"

Also with that kind of knowledge we could actually use it to make the game more welcoming to girls of any origin, so there's that.

>Wait for the tau codex before jumping into playing tau

There's some logic to this, but:
>magnetise your crisis suits
>don't glue your drones together
>fire warriors will never not have pulse rifles

You could pick up a SC box risk-free, I think.

This doesn't always work, I've always liked Black Templars the most, but could give a shit less about Dorn.

Trying to sell off the old kits before da new waaagh!!!

#makearmageddongreatagain2018

Girls
>don't like building lists/decks and lurking through dozen of options
>that's why you don't see a lot of females on FNM but there are a lot of them on pre-release mtg events and drafts so they have to pick cards from a limited pool of options
>on the other hand they like the hobby aspect of WH I've never seen a girl with an unpainted army - what more, they are even making their own terrains and stuff
>sticking with a single army for a very long time
>favourite products - boxes with plenty of modes to collect and working fine as out of the box army like tyranid swarm box

Males
>ready to sepnd their time on building lists and decks
>spending a lot of time on talking about the game and strategy rather than painting their shit
>fine with buying separate expensive models in blisters to boost their armies
>still looking for a new army to start with

I noticed this in 6-7 LGS. Is it true for your LGS?

>What do you think is the most fun style of army?
Balanced.
>Speedy-bois?
Can be fun too
>Assault?
Melee is in a weird place: it's probably the best it has ever been for a decade, but the random distance charge can gimp you hard if you don't have a re-roll or something else. Basically, it's fun if you manage to get your guys in melee, but it's hard to get there (though it's easier than in previous editions)
>Small elite force?
Unfortunately for Knight armies, Deathwatch and Grey Knights it's probably the worst way to play now (with some exceptions: T'au HQ spam is good somehow). Your chances to win a game aren't that high.
Note that hordes are efficient gameplay-wise, but can be tedious to play (both for you and your opponent, as your turns take forever)