/hwg/ - Historical Wargames General

Flying Banana Edition

Previous thread: Get in here, post games, miniatures, questions, whatever you like.

List of mini providers:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uGaaOSvSTqpwPGAvLPY3B5M2WYppDhzXdjwMpqRxo9M/edit

List of Historical Tactical, Strategic, and Military Drill treatises:
pastebin.com/BfMeGd6R

ZunTsu Gameboxes:
mediafire.com/folder/yaokao3h1o4og/ZunTsu_GameBoxes

/hwg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tghwg/

Games, Ospreys & References folders:
mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
mediafire.com/folder/81ck8x600cas4/Medieval
mediafire.com/folder/w6m41ma3co51e/Horse_and_Musket
mediafire.com/folder/vh1uqv8gipzo1/Napoleonic
mediafire.com/folder/bbpscr0dam7iy/ACW
mediafire.com/folder/bvdtt01gh105d/Victorian
mediafire.com/folder/b35x147vmc6sg/World_War_One
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War
mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern

mediafire.com/folder/gdvadj7t6l5w6/Aero_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/6jrcg496e7vnb/Avalon Hill
mediafire.com/folder/pq6ckzqo3g6e6/Field_Of_Glory
mediafire.com/folder/r2mff8tnl8bjy/GDW
mediafire.com/folder/whmbo8ii2evqh//SPI
mediafire.com/folder/ws6yi58d2oacc/Strategy_&_Tactics_Magazine
mediafire.com/folder/lx05hfgbic6b8/Naval_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/s1am77aldi1as/Wargames
mediafire.com/folder/j962ws6h50bqj/Victory_Games
mega.nz/#F!ZAoVjbQB!iGfDqfBDpgr0GC-NHg7KFQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
mega.nz/#F!O1cUGTRL!4FSvbQTXjmRTz1TfVXqxLw
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
mediafire.com/file/ozafaisihiq6w5b/Osprey - ELI 029 - Vietnam Airborne.pdf
mediafire.com/file/c1czo4h3394d13f/Osprey - ELI 038 - The NVA and Vietcong.pdf
mediafire.com/file/27b4rwpqpudw0hi/Osprey - MAA 104 - Armies Of The Vietnam War 1962-75.pdf
mediafire.com/file/rlou8gk5d5l1fms/Osprey - MAA 143 - Armies of the Vietnam War (2).pdf
mediafire.com/file/9ruoho787n4e6pt/Osprey - MAA 458 - Army of the Republic of Vietnam 1954-75.pdf
mediafire.com/file/f95s36h9z00z0mh/Osprey - WAR 116 - Viet Cong Fighter.pdf
ebay.com/itm/150-GRASS-Model-Ground-Plants-Architecture-Train-Diorama-Scenery-3-3-5-5cm/201872465649?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=41451&meid=03e6cb6aff7b4da195bba40fe1c8d079&pid=100623&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=332171461273&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1
tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/china/chinese-tanks-1925-1950/
boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/16848/sbot
houseofqueeg.wordpress.com/2015/08/08/sabot-tank-vrs-tank-skirmish-wargaming-rules-part-1/
lmgtfy.com/?q=hagakure pdf
jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com.ar/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Advanced Squad Leader
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
>Battleground WWII
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
>Battlegroup
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
>Black Powder
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
>Bolt Action
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
>By Fire And Sword
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
>Fleet Series
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
>Hail Caesar
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
>Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
>Modelling & painting guides
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
>Next War (GMT)
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
>Phoenix Command RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
>Saga
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
>Twilight 2000/2013 RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
>Wargaming Compendium
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
>Wargaming Magazines
mega.nz/#F!O1cUGTRL!4FSvbQTXjmRTz1TfVXqxLw
>Warhammer Ancient battles 2.0
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
>Warhammer Historical
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
>Warmaster Ancients
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf

Desired scans :
Rank and File supplements
Harpoon 3 & 4 supplements
Force on Force supplements
Hind Commander
At Close Quarters
War and Conquest
Modern Spearhead
The Face Of Battle
General d'Armee (TFL version)
Swordpoint

January the 2nd in military history:

366 – The Alemanni cross the frozen Rhine in large numbers, invading the Roman Empire.
1492 – Reconquista: the Emirate of Granada, the last Moorish stronghold in Spain, surrenders.
1777 – American Revolutionary War: American forces under the command of George Washington repulsed a British attack at the Battle of the Assunpink Creek near Trenton, New Jersey.
1863 – American Civil War: The Battle of Stones River (a.k.a. Battle of Murfreesboro) resumes in central Tennessee after a day's respite, resulting in a significant Union victory.
1865 – Uruguayan War: The Siege of Paysandú ends as Brazilian and Coloradans capture Paysandú, Uruguay.
1905 – Russo-Japanese War: The Russian garrison surrenders at Port Arthur, China.
1942 – The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) convicts 33 members of a German spy ring headed by Fritz Joubert Duquesne in the largest espionage case in United States history.
1942 – World War II: Manila, Philippines is captured by Japanese forces.
1945 – World War II: Nuremberg, Germany is severely bombed by Allied forces
1963 – Vietnam War: The Viet Cong wins its first major victory, at Ap Bac.
1992 – Leaders of armed opposition declare the President Zviad Gamsakhurdia deposed during a military coup in Georgia.
1993 – Sri Lankan Civil War: The Sri Lanka Navy kill 35-100 civilians on the Jaffna Lagoon.

It is 55 years since the battle of Ap Bac, the first major victory for the Viet Cong in the Vietnam War. It was fought in Định Tường Province (now part of Tiền Giang Province), South Vietnam.

A week before the battle, US intelligence had detected the presence of a radio and a sizable force of National Front for the Liberation of South Vietnam (NLF/Viet Cong) soldiers, reported to number around 120, in a hamlet in Dinh Tuong Province, home of the Army of the Republic of South Vietnam (ARVN) 7th Infantry Division. To destroy the NLF force, the South Vietnamese and their US advisers planned to attack from three directions by using two provincial Civil Guard battalions and elements of the 11th Infantry Regiment, ARVN 7th Infantry Division. The infantry units would be supported by artillery, M113 APCs, and helicopters.

On the morning of January 2, 1963, the South Vietnamese Civil Guards spearheaded the attack by marching toward the NLF hamlet at Ap Tan Thoi from the south. However, when they reached the hamlet of Ap Bac, which is situated southeast of Ap Tan Thoi, they were immediately pinned down by elements of the Viet Cong 261st Battalion. Shortly afterwards, three companies of the 11th Infantry Regiment were committed into battle in northern Ap Tan Thoi, but they too could not overcome the NLF soldiers who had entrenched themselves in the area. Just before midday, further reinforcements were flown in from Tan Hiep. The fifteen US helicopters ferrying the troops were riddled by NLF gunfire and five helicopters were lost as a result.

The ARVN 4th Mechanized Rifle Squadron was then deployed to rescue the South Vietnamese soldiers and US aircrews who were trapped in the southwestern end of Ap Bac, but its commander was highly reluctant about moving heavy M113 APCs across the local terrain. Ultimately, their presence made little difference as the NLF stood their ground and killed more than a dozen South Vietnamese M113 crew members in the process.

Late in the afternoon, the ARVN 8th Airborne Battalion was dropped onto the battlefield and in a scene that characterized much of the day's fighting; the paratroopers were pinned down and could not break the NLF's line of defense. Under the cover of darkness the Viet Cong withdrew from the battlefield.

Shortly afterward, more than 18 hours too late, the South Vietnamese hit Ap Bac with an artillery barrage. The artillery rounds killed another five South Vietnamese soldiers and wounded 14 others.

American advisor John Paul Vann, who had made key decisions during the early phases of the battle, blamed the South Vietnamese for the debacle. "It was a miserable damn performance, just like it always is. These people won't listen. They make the same mistake over and over again in the same way". According to Moyar (2008), in blaming the South Vietnamese, Vann wanted to conceal the Americans' flawed intelligence and poor leadership. He hoped to pressure the South Vietnamese to accept future changes he favored.

South Vietnamese casualties included 83 killed in action and at least 100 wounded. The American participants, who included advisors and aircrews, counted three dead and eight wounded. Of the fifteen American helicopters sent to support the operation, only one escaped undamaged, and five were either downed or destroyed.

For the Viet Cong, the battle marked the first time they decided to stand and fight a large South Vietnamese formation, although outnumbered by more than five to one. Against overwhelming odds, the Viet Cong achieved their first major victory. They successfully stopped the well-equipped South Vietnamese army, supported by a combination of artillery and armored units as well as American airpower. Their casualties were just 18 soldiers killed and 39 wounded, despite the fact that the fighters were hit by more than 600 rounds of artillery, napalm and other ordnance released by 13 warplanes and five UH-1 gunships.

Most wargame simulations of the Vietnam War cover US vs PAVN stuff from the later 60's. But Ap Bac provides the chance for an interesting early war ARVN vs NLF/Viet Cong encounter. The VC player is seriously outnumbered and will have to make full use of their mobility and experience to survive. The ARVN player has to struggle with poor leadership, corruption and court politics while trying to pin down their elusive enemy.

For further analysis, read "A Bright Shining Lie" by Neil Sheehan, which is about John Paul Vann and looks at Ap Bac in great detail. The second episode of the recent (and excellent) Ken Burns Vietnam War documentary also spends a lot of time on the battle with some graphic primary accounts.

mediafire.com/file/ozafaisihiq6w5b/Osprey - ELI 029 - Vietnam Airborne.pdf
mediafire.com/file/c1czo4h3394d13f/Osprey - ELI 038 - The NVA and Vietcong.pdf
mediafire.com/file/27b4rwpqpudw0hi/Osprey - MAA 104 - Armies Of The Vietnam War 1962-75.pdf
mediafire.com/file/rlou8gk5d5l1fms/Osprey - MAA 143 - Armies of the Vietnam War (2).pdf
mediafire.com/file/9ruoho787n4e6pt/Osprey - MAA 458 - Army of the Republic of Vietnam 1954-75.pdf
mediafire.com/file/f95s36h9z00z0mh/Osprey - WAR 116 - Viet Cong Fighter.pdf

Looking at PSR it seems that even WW2 is a bit patchy in terms of range coverage. Although Zvezda Brits seem to be ideal for early war which could be very good fun.

>WW2 is a bit patchy in terms of range coverage

I use plastics for the bulk of riflemen and generally MGs and other support options youre better off with metal

I have a few of their British kits. Small in numbers, but really great figures. Wish they'd just do big kits, making an all Zvezda BEF army would be fantastic. If they would just make a second infantry box with more riflemen, that'd suffice as well.

As for late war heavy weps, HaT has a machine guns and a mortars box with every weapon you need. Lifebuoy, Vickers, some Brens, a 3" mortar, a 2" mortar, a PIAT, even a Boys rifle. Somewhat different in style, but since they wouldn't be closely mixed, I'd say they are fine.

Also, HaT will do some BEF in the future as well, you can see the greens on their site under WW2.

And an unrelated note: thanks, whoever still seeding that Squadron/Signal torrent on Piratebay, may your soul be blessed.

Pics like these make me wanna start Nam.

Do it, user. Grab a bunch of 15mm figs from Battlefront, and download Force on Force and the Ambush Valley books and have a go.

>figs from Battlefront
Why them specifically?

Yeah, my first thought for 15mm 'Nam would be Peter Pig.

cheap, hard plastic, good quality

Practically you get everything you need from a single box and maybe a handful of blisters.

Depending on your willingness, you could go 20mm as well, the Esci box is still wonderful, and the Pegasus USMC are top class as well. Also, there are some lovely metals from Elhiem and Flytrap Factories, but I've found the best source for Vietnamese from the old Esci set...or maybe some Koreans and Chinese could be recruited from the IMEX kits. The US figs from the same line could be used as South Vietnamese easily. As for vehicles...lots of plastics and resins available, just avoid Britannia like a plague.

Ah, forgot about them. My 15mm knowledge is not too wide, but FoW appears to have everything neatly packaged and no need to hunt down stuff in seventy different packs.

Don't think BF do plastic infantry for 'nam

Anyone have the rules for Imperium Romanum II and the tables? I want to build my own version of the game

They do have vehicles, however.

Which are really the least useful part.

I would however argue that it's much better to have plastic vehicles than resin or metal as it's nicer to work with.

At 15mm it doesn't really matter so much what your infantry are made of.

that's 15mm?

20mm from Elhiem Miniatures

The selection for Vietnam is probably at it's widest in 20mm.

I'm waiting before I get any peter pig Vietnam figures, they're in the process of revamping the whole range and I'd rather wait for the newer sculpts.

what's a good hex and chit game I can use for Roman or Medieval era fights/wars

looking for a tactical game or even a map based one

>not recognizing elhiem

They're pretty niche.

Friends got me pic related for my birthday I've played a few games and it's pretty fun so far, are the expansions worth it?

Do it.

Jungle terrain is super cheap from China
ebay.com/itm/150-GRASS-Model-Ground-Plants-Architecture-Train-Diorama-Scenery-3-3-5-5cm/201872465649?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=41451&meid=03e6cb6aff7b4da195bba40fe1c8d079&pid=100623&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=332171461273&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1

V-100

I believe I solved my Sub issue for Missile Threat

>Place sub marker when deploy sub
>Marker indicates sub is nearby, so enemies have somewhere to send ASW helis and drop sonobuoys
>Actual sub could be North, South, West or East of marker, within 12". Each direction has a 90 degree wide area so sub could be anywhere inside there.
>Actual position is marked on a hidden dice (1 for north, 2 for east, 3 for south, 4 for west) a dice under a cup would be fine (this kind of hidden dice method is used in blucher)
>If enemy sonar makes contact with the area you specified that your sub is, there's a potential for detection, and your sub must attempt to evade or hide where it is (the latter reducing chance to detection - sitting on the bottom or hiding behind some underwater topography or under thermocline).
>If there's no threat of detection, the sub player can either move the sub marker, alter the direction which the sub is relative to the marker (So change the dice under the cup to a new number, can only change by 1 though, so from North to East or South to West), or deploy the sub within 12" and in the specified direction. Can only do 1 of these per turn.
>If there is a threat of detection, the sub player can only hide or attempt to evade. Attempting to evade could result in detection, but would allow sub to change the actual position by 1 or move the sub marker 6".
>If sub is detected, must be placed within enemy sonar range and in specified actual direction.

This should hopefully allow for some ASW fun and pseudo-hidden deployment, but still being able to force a sub out if you get enough sonars in the area.

I made a thread before I saw this general, but I'll ask again here. Are there any good channels that stream historical wargames? Ideally something Napoleonic or similar, but really any high-quality wargaming channel would do.

What are some good books or manuels on military tactics and strategies during the 80s and 90s?

The Bear went Over the Mountain details Soviet tactics in Afghanistan in the 80s.
The Other Side of the Mountain details Mujahideen tactics
Fangs of the Lone Wolf details Chechen tactics in the Chechen wars (1994 - 2009)

Commands & Colors Ancients. Uses cards. Not a block game, just uses blocks for style.

are there any medieval GMT games that U could download and print off to play? anything like the Men of Iron games?

So would it be out of the realm of possibility to have my communist chinese force for bolt action to have a tank be it say a regular provided one or just a captured japanese one?

We have some serious Sinophiles in /hwg/ who will be able to give you a more authoritative answer
But my old go-to, the online Tanks Encyclopedia, lists a variety of vehicles the Communists used including (for example) this Stuart captured from the Nationalists
See:
tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/china/chinese-tanks-1925-1950/

Why not play Chinese nationalists? they actually had tanks of their own (at least to start with).

And yeah, no one's going to ask too many questions if you include a stuart or sherman, Chinese forces used them a lot in Burma. It would be rare to find someone who knew the difference between Chinese communist and nationalist equipment intimately, so you should be pretty safe there.

>So would it be out of the realm of possibility to have my communist chinese force for bolt action to have a tank be it say a regular provided one or just a captured japanese one?

Why are you worried about historical accuracy or plausibility in Bolt Action? Just play it and have fun.

Yeah I might play nationalists but I just liked the PRC's symbols and what not along with the fact that I just like the idea of playing them.

>Why are you worried about historical accuracy or plausibility in Bolt Action? Just play it and have fun.

Because I like to have atleast a somewhat plausible force when I play I guess.

>Because I like to have atleast a somewhat plausible force when I play I guess.

That's not necessary in Bolt Action because Bolt Action's own army lists aren't plausible.

Before anyone starts screaming, none of this means BA is "bad" or that people are "wrong" for playing it. DBM's army lists and match-ups aren't plausible either - Polynesians vs Macedonians anyone? - but that doesn't stop it from being a fun and widely played game.

Plausibility and historicity aren't part of BA so there's no need to worry about either. Just play and have fun.

You got a good point user. I'll just do what's fun.

Hey gang, I just purcahsed pic related.

Looks fun, interestingly they have 3 Shermans to 2 Panzers. Is this unbalanced? When I checked the rulebook the points for Shermans and Panzers were the same.

Those german tanks are Panthers... (technically a Panzer, but "Panzer" is more often used for either the Panzer 3 or Panzer 4 by confused people)

Ohhhh okay thanks, makes more sense then.

Yeah, panzer is commonly used as the short form of Panzerkampfwagen, the German word for tank.

The Panther was the Panzerkampfwagen V.
Panzers I through IV didn;t have real nicknames, Panzer VI is the Tiger.

Good on you, user. Please post some pics and AARs when you do, okay?

>Polynesians vs Macedonians anyone?
Damn that would be harsh, the Polynesian list in DBM isn't much good really and against a list with three times more options they're doomed, even though they're Book IV while Alexander's boys are in II
A Maori-modded list doesn't even get Psiloi because that kind of skirmisher didn't exist in their warfare
In DBA (where I've seen a Maori army used) you get to have a shitload of Blades so maybe a zerg rush would work
Thought this was a cool baggage counter for a DBx Polynesian force, a nice mo'ai would be neat too

>Damn that would be harsh, the Polynesian list in DBM isn't much good really and against a list with three times more options they're doomed, even though they're Book IV while Alexander's boys are in II

Good or not, fewer options or not, different books or not, the central conceit behind DBM is that, points being even, every army listed can be successfully fielded against every other army listed. Of course, as you note and as the "All Cavalry Army" problem proves, that conceit is a complete lie. However, the fact it is a lie doesn't stop DBM from being a FUN and widely played rules set.

BA is neither historical or plausible. BA is FUN, however, and widely played. There's no need to sweat about "counting rivets" with BA. Just play it and have fun.

My Secret Santa just arrived today! Many thanks to the Canadian user for the partizans and licorice, both are much appreciated.

Personally I prefer the British Banana.

That is cheap as fuck. Not going Vietnam, but definitely going to make up some forest sections and such.

It's like force you to play those matchups.

I guess WAB is ahistorical as well because you can play Normans against Renaissance Italians. Impetus is ahistorical too because you can play with Romans against Medieval English. Deus Vult is ahistorical because you can play early crusaders against late crusaders.

Your argument is shit and that "but it's not bad" is only there to tell us "no, please don't call me out on my bullshit".

Fuck off.

>Bristol Belvedere
Iconic in it's own right, the workhorse in Aden and Borne

Second the request for "SABOT tank vs tank skirmish" rules.

Any chance this file could be shared guys?

To be fair though about the only thing BA has going for it is the player base. Plenty of other rules that do WW2 better.

Oh ho! a mystery package. What's inside?

dragon dildos?

They actually tried to market it as a commercial passenger craft; the idea would be able to fly straight into the center of cities; London to Paris, etc.

No one bought it unfortunately.

Many thanks user! Perfect timing, I've just started getting interested in the period. I'm really desperate to start painting them and get something going with them, and I will as soon as I can. Although I fear their enemies may have to be my father's old 25mm SYW British, lead miniatures, at least to start with. What company are they by? I had a very quick search around with no luck.

I hope I can do the sculpts justice as they will be my first foray into 28mm. Do you know of a good painting guide? (or even a good book) I'd like to do them properly.

Thanks again user. Happy New Year.

Maybe next year.

anyone have thoughts on GMTs Pendragon? the game looks very nice

Looks like it uses the COIN system? If so - I liked Andean Abyss and A Distant Plain.

they ain't dragons, but you can still shove them up your ass

Haven't played but heard lots of good things about it.

Suddenly and without any warning Next War: Poland suddenly appeared in the mail. Was afraid I was never going to get it.

Which makes me think, by now I have dozens of games from GMT and a few other similar titles from other publishers. But how do I lure my casual board game playgroup into testing these things out? They're all about Ticket to Ride and Terraforming Mars.

If there was a Star Wars COIN game they would be all over it (they loved Rebellion) but anything with a historical theme just instantly turns them away.
I was thinking that maybe Conquest of Paradise and Cuba Libre could be good gateway games but...

I have them all and I say yes they are worth it if you love the game. No need to get them all at the same time. I would recommend the russian expansion first, but the austrian and prussian ones are also excellent if those armies interest you.
Get the epic expansion if you have a bunch of friends willing to spend a day playing the game with you.

glad they arrived safely! they are made by Perry miniatures , they have a great AWI range and plastics to boot.

and please dont insert them, they're rather pointy and it wont end well

>BA is neither historical or plausible.
Mfw

BRDM

Thanks for the advice, we'll see how popular it proves at club. Now I'm not totally clued in on Napoleonic warfare but why do cav get a negative for attacking downhill, was this difficult?

Also I think I'm just stupid but when it comes to ignoring flags is that for every time the dice is rolled or over the course of a turn?

Are there any free postcard type wargames that are any good?

Glue the counters to the tops of small wooden cubes. You may need another copy of the game if the counters are double-sided.

Did Indiana user get his package yet?

Thriving the request for the "SABOT" ruleset.

I don't think anyone has it user. I had never even heard of it until you started asking for it.
Looks like its futuristic anyway, so probably belongs in /awg/

Actually I only found out about it because someone else asked about it. ;)

And no, it´s not futuristic.

Its not this?
boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/16848/sbot

>boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/16848/sbot

No, most definitely not.

houseofqueeg.wordpress.com/2015/08/08/sabot-tank-vrs-tank-skirmish-wargaming-rules-part-1/

Doesn't look like the guy writing them has finished them yet...

>why do cav get a negative for attacking downhill, was this difficult?

Have you ever run down a hill? Now imagine doing that with 4 legs and at an even higher speed.

Mind you, Cavalry charges downhill were devastating. It was going uphill that was hard for them, since they couldn't build up momentum.

>Mind you, Cavalry charges downhill were devastating.

How about a cite for that? I'll bet you even believe cavalry makes their entire charge at the gallop too.

>I'll bet you even believe cavalry makes their entire charge at the gallop too.
Well, duh - how else do you generate enough momentum to break the enemy formation, nimrod?

So you do believe they charged the entire distance at the gallop?

Well, I just told you that, didn't I?
You've gotta get a nice momentum going, so you can send all the enemies flying when your horses collide with them.

Sup Veeky Forums
Thinking of getting into 6mm war-gaming and the company Baccus has a few army sets for both Hail Caesar (Warlord Games) and Polemos rule sets. Does Veeky Forums have a preference or a recommendation? I also know through tangential interactions that some people do warmaster ancients from gamesworkshop. How does that hold up to the former two?

Surely it depends on the angle of the slope. Personally, if I'm not getting a protractor out to play a wargame the rules must suck.

>Well, I just told you that, didn't I?

Yes you did. I was just confirming you're idiocy.

>You've gotta get a nice momentum going, so you can send all the enemies flying when your horses collide with them.

Yeah, because cavalry is just a bowling ball mowing down infantry like bowling pins despite spears, pikes, bayonets, etc.

>Surely it depends on the angle of the slope.

Yes, it does. That's why there's a difference between a slope and a hill. And, no, you don't need a protractor to tell the difference between the two in a wargame.

>>you're idiocy

Fuck. Potato phone and potato phone owner.

That's supposed to read "your idiocy".

Would any of you happen to have a pdf of Hagakure? I'm looking to get into feudal Japanese wargaming, and so I want to have as much "background" as possible for inspiration.

lmgtfy.com/?q=hagakure pdf

>lmgtfy.com/?q=hagakure pdf
Ask a stupid question, I suppose...

Impetus seems to usually be the recommended rules around here . I've never heard of Polemos but then again I don't play ancients. You might be able to base your guys to work for either rules set

Seeing this wajo,I really wish someone there were 28mm Ming miniatures for the Imjin War.

More pictures can be found here.
jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com.ar/

An Edo period folding screen depicting the Siege of Ulsan,commissioned by the Nabeshima family.

Hey guys, Pendraken late roman user here, I've started painting my clibinarii and you should expect some pictures in the coming days.

Cheers!