...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>The_Razors__The_newest_cutting-edge_team_on_the_block.trid
>Wanted_Ghoul_or_Headcase__What_to_do_when_your_fellow_runner's_Secret_gets_out.knwsft
>Awakened_only_team__Possible?.thread
>Jackasses_all_of_you.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 40 (8% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, better get going. J is waiting and wants all of us there'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Bonding.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Teams edition
What is your team like? Who's in it? Who do you like? Who do you hate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MxNchsVWLYA&pbjreload=10
youtube.com/watch?v=-A6eeeq_2TE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Memes, so may hecking memes, that's what my team is like.

You can't just say "Memes" and keep it at that.
Explain who they are

I want to get into Shadowrun and I'd appreciate some thoughts on which edition would be best to go with.

My only contact with the franchise is Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall. I think the setting is really cool. I'm pretty fresh to the whole role-play thing. The only other TTRPG I've played is D&D5e, but I'm enthusiastic and have no issue taking time to learn a system.

Any views would be greatly appreciated.

Do you want old-school Cyberpunk, with decks the size of skateboards, terminals at every corner and wires everywhere? 1e-3e with personal recommendation of 2e
Do you want new Cyberpunk, with wireless hacking, nanotech and sleek aesthetics? 4e/5e with personal preference towards 4e

The only one you're going to find players/GMs for is SR5.

All the books are in the OP pastebin. Do not ever spend money on CGL products, physical or otherwise.

What's it like when a magic user awakens for the first time? Is it a noticeable event where shit starts going weird around them, or do they have a subtle feeling of 'oh well shit I can do magic now' or is it not noticeable?

What music do you guys play during your session? I'm after stuff that had a strange retro yet futuristic feel, kind of like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=MxNchsVWLYA&pbjreload=10

People generally are screened for magical talent around 3rd-5th grade.

Sometimes people notice magical talent when weird magic-y things start going on around them, but like everything else with magic it's never consistent so that players can invent lore for their own runners.

Bruiser:Chromed up Ork with an IQ of "lobotomised". Tame as an russian bear hunting dog and ten times as deadly. Has an cyber arm just for the sake of having an cyber arm since he also invested into muscle raplacement.

New Mage: seductress, detective and street witch, has jet to find jet her solid role in the group.

Techy: Ork with an hard on for anything mechanical and god help you if you put a dent into one of his babies. An ace at Air and Sea but doesn't have a driving license (or groundcraft skill)

B&E: Solid snake if snake was malnourished and also worked as a medic.

Cyberpunk: Honest to god cyberpunk, has the 4 roules as his mantra, also charisma out off his ass as elf and uses it to cause truble, usually trouble finds him.

left the group: Technomancer dwarf pirate, commonly known as "capitan lazer". Used to be a pirate capitan but his crew had a munity ofer his shenanigans and he was left with some money and his parrot.

Said parrot was an Shapeshifter alchemist, and PC, who also worked as underground artist and donated his pictures. Would get into hot agruments over "non-belivers" about how magic works.

sounds like fun

Wouldn't deal with those rules if it weren't

Does every runner have 3 in every skill? Because I've never seen anybody with ranks in running.

Irrelevant, it was an example.

Sorry I hadn't posted in a while guys, I was doing holiday stuff.

Could've stayed away longer

Has there been any errata for fake SINs? Or is it still just Scanner rating*2 vs the SIN rating?

Device Rating x 2 Test with a threshold equal to the rating of the fake SIN

Its still a valid rebutal.
If all it takes are some skillpoints and training, you aren't a cripple.
You are just really really bad.
On a level that should be avoided in SR at all cost. Especially since raising all the linked Skills is way more costly then just raising the Attribute to two (save for JoaT).

Attribute level 1 is just utter shit, but not a cripple. If you want to play a cripple, there are negative qualities to reflect that.

Does anyone have any art for a completely cybered character? I'm talking all limbs, torso, head, dermal plating, the full package. 100% chrome. Maximum machine.

I always take a few ranks in running, I love my runner being faster than an olympic sprinter.

I only ever really use it for out of run shit though.

>17776
nice

Found this thing, think I'm gonna roll with it. Thanks though!

You know that being really, really bad at something is usually referred to as a "handicap" in modern society ?
I think the turning point of the argument is understanding.
One means "retarded","handicapped" or "crippled" in a way used by modern society. Where as the other seems to think of cripples of ye' old times, where you could either be a productive member of the community, no matter how low, or deserved shunning and got thrown rotten vegetables at you and be basically dead weight.

that looks more like a mask though

Well because we've all played a lot of games together, and because my GM is a very lenient man, he allowed me to play what is basically an android/clone. With no real essence limit when it comes to augs. In char gen I was only allowed enough augs to eat all of my essence, but I can theoretically get as many as I can afford now.

So yeah team currently consists of: Secret Agent Man, basically James Bond if he were ex CIA, but still in London. I didnt make it to the last session, but apparently he pulled off some crazy shit.

An Oni Orc who so far has been main damage in the group, able to one shot clean through anything she shoots her bow at.

Basically Spike from Buffy with a penchant for old school, pre-matrix punk music. Believes punk isn't dead. He might be dead. Could also be The Punisher at this point.

And me! The android who believes he's a real boy! He was basically a very early prototype to Teiko Ikamoto from Anarchy Subsidized. Very androgynous japanese rock star type. Currently using a personafix chip to emulate JetBlack if he were japanese. Is very durable in a fistfight, but still needs lots of work to be useful outside the matrix or on stage.

Fleshwar now. Kill all meatbags.

Must be an anglo thing.

Throwing cabbage after people or bothering with definitions?

Alright, as I move into the more detailed aspect of plotting out Shadowrun St. Petersburg in a district-by-district listing of security ratings and the like, I figured it a good time to ask /srg/ a question to maybe get us off of just being an art dump thread. In a primer on a city, what sort of information do you want to see in a breakdown of the districts? What do you care about, what could you not care less about, etc. As it stands, I was thinking of jacking the layout of the Hong Kong sourcebook which seems like a pretty relevant break-down, with the addition of a section for notable restaurants and bars.

>Crime Scene
>Where To Shop
>Where to Squat
>Where To Eat and Drink
>You Won’t Find This Anywhere Else
>Opposition Report

Neighbourhood breakdown, one or two 'notable' locations for each.
The rest seems about right, but you could probably combine the eat/drink into the 'notable' locations. or use the old style sourcebook layouts like Shadows of London.

Could anybody please name for me a few brands of booze you might find in SR?

Champagne Black Edition with Onions
Dwarven Alcohol with Milk
German Alcohol Super
Imported Soy Ale

Yeah, the notable locations would probably be that [You Won't Find This Anywhere Else] section, along with possibly the others. There' some bizarre as fuck restuarants and bars in St. Petersburg, but even in the central districts I'll not go that in-depth when I already have a custom Google MyMaps with 20+ bars and restaurants pinged to locations.

Crime Scene offers up details on the local Vory and gangs in the area, as well as the few places with very minor and careful yak and triad presences. Where to [X] might not even get 1 in every category, but I'll probably try? Currently, St. Petersburg has enough bizarre as fuck businesses that I've literally just stolen each and every one from IRL, but probably invent my own to more fully characterize places. You Won't Find This Anywhere Else for shit like the Admiralty, museums and palaces, and the like as well as other more exotic venues.

The main thing is just how far I really want to go. St. Petersburg has 18 districts -- losing one to the Free City of Kronshtadt -- which are in turn made up of 81 okrugs. And I really don't want to end up digging a hole I can get out of with in-depth cataloguing of each and every one of those. Probably just a single sentence and a security rating before moving on.

hey Yekka you around? for some reason im crashing if i try to add spells, or look at previously added spirits/sprites from .26 and on, .25 works fine, it might also only be on my end since i asked a friend to check a character that i was having the issue with and he loaded it fine in the latest nightly

Hair of the Trog
Power Focus Energy Elixir
Giant Greedy Lizard Imperial Stout
Uncle Crunchy's Dumpshock IPA
[A bottle purchased in the Ork Underground market, hand-labeled as 'wiski']

>[A bottle purchased in the Ork Underground market, hand-labeled as 'wiski']

>it's actually very well made whiskey, the hand-labeling and misspelling is an ironic marketing gimmick

If you want to emphasize the dystopian side of things, Bud Light and Fireball probably survived. Although, Fireball could have gotten a rebranding after the awakening.

Adding spells should be fixed in the next nightly in ~2.5 hours. Not sure about the spirits thing, I'd need to see the sheet.

Estro-Gin.

Give me a Shanghai Gut Punch
youtube.com/watch?v=-A6eeeq_2TE

How do I make a manhunt more interesting?
Next run is going to be to hunt down a rigger who is employed by someone the Street Sam has beef with. I figure the team will find his apartment pretty quickly, and from there they'd find information about safehouses or something, but that all sounds super bland. The best ideas I've come up with are to have him be constantly driving around the city when he finds out his being hunted, or have him run to his employer, so the Sammy has to decide who to attack.

Last book to come out was the Horrors one, yeah? I've been away for a spell.

Watch the fugitive and rip it off

Dark Terrors was the last full book, yes. Couple of ebooks have had stats for this and that.

What makes your target interesting? Even if he's just a plug in and go fast sort of driver, you can catch your PCs by surprise.

Is there any kind of rigging "suits" like a mech you can wear and control by rigging into it?

Not really. Iron Will is the closest, and that's basically just a mech-suit from the 20s before they figured out ASIST. Shadowrun haet hardsuits.

Not out of the box, but you could take a vehicle, give it walker mode and arms, and do something to that effect.

Is there a reason why?
Yeah I would ask if I could homebrew one if there wasn't a canon option.

In fluff terms they don't have much of a reason to exist, aside from weebs wanting gunpla. Drone pilots are cheap and effective enough that you don't need to waste time and money on a meat-bod worker so there's no industrial value.

In gameplay terms it's because exosuits fuck up balance. If you can just buy one that makes you as strong or stronger than the cybered samurai and it's cheaper than the equivalent 'ware, why bother with the 'ware? If it's more expensive than the 'ware, why bother with the suit?

There was a guy working on houserules for suits a while back that balanced them out by making them slow as shit for things that aren't in their specific pre-designed wheelhouse, I haven't seen him around in a while though.

A street samurai has the advantage of not being the size of a car and having the potential for some semblance of subtlety, though.

>Is there any kind of rigging "suits" like a mech you can wear and control by rigging into it?

Take a Horseman, Add two mechanical arms.

Put it in standing mode, and uh, pretend you're walking I guess. Alternate propulsion(Walker) sadly costs 8 mod slots.

Well that's the other thing. At it's heart Shadowrun is a heist game, even wearing obvious body armour undermines your ability to do your basic job. SO because they're not relevant to the primary intended activity of the PCs, why spend time and effort on them when you could be working something more relevant. Mind you based on that logic I would expect CGL to have released them long ago.

So you're now the guy that has to wait outside in the car while the rest of the team infiltrates the office, except that you're more noticeable than the car?

I was thinking the Street Samurai is better at fitting inside buildings.

>At it's heart Shadowrun is a heist game, even wearing obvious body armour undermines your ability to do your basic Job

Can't tell if you are trolling or a flaming retard.

I feel you user.
But at this point most people think that cyberpunk is about three things
neon
rain
and capitalism is bad, m'kay ?

The rigger probably figured out how to stick wheels onto your modular cyberlimbs and use you as a bespoke car. Renault Alpine or something, one of those cars that's just a rollcage with some shitty initial d-looking plastic casing on the outside.

What else would you call a run? Most of the setting is focused on urban areas, there have been lamentations in previous threads about the lack of focus on the weird stuff out the wilderness areas.
Not that there isn't more to the setting, it's just that the game is focused on urban environments and infiltration where just going in loud is not the best option. You want to run a Military campaign where such suit might be more logical go ahead, but you'r going to be winging it a bit because it's not a well detailed aspect of the setting.

Shadowrun may wear a skin of cyberpunk, but it's always been closer to Ocean's 11 than Neuromancer.

Shadowrun can be whatever you want it to be. The world is so large and versatile that you don't really even have to shadowrun if you don't want to.

That's really the actual problem, Shadowrun is a global setting rather than a narrowly defined scenario. Plotwise and mechanics-wise, the system and the story are all over the god damn place.

I think that its Shadowrun's greatest strength. Players and GMs are given leeway to fill in the holes as they desire, building plots when/where needed. The players are given the same freedoms in character building as well. The scaling is the same too. A game can just as easily be about world-changing shadowplots as it can be about a group of small time gangers and their adventures in the barrens.

That would be great if the crunch wasn't a sprawling gash

You sound like somebody who got into the game with CGLs 4e.
The trenchcoatfaggotry is a very (compared to the age of the game) recent development. Its also a very isolated thing with its proponents having to cherrypick the handfull of flufflines that support it, while ignoring the overwhelming rest.

A heist run in the concept of "go in, be silent, get out" is a very tiny fraction of what is part of the setting.
And those people that lamented there are factual idiots who should spend a bit more time on reading setting books and/or campaigns.
Heck, i bet they never actually bothered to read Hard Targets.

"Having to go silent" is something you can only see as a mandatory thing if you either desperately wish for it and thus let you judgment be clouded by what you want OR if you ignore virtually all of the fluff.