Gender differences in stats "-4 STR"

Explain to me why this is wrong if everyone at my table (including our 1 female player) is OK with it:

We give female characters:
>-4 Str, -2 Dex, -2 Con, -4 Wis, -4 Cha for the purposes of Diplomacy and Intimidation checks and +4 Cha for the purposes of other Cha checks
>Cannot be of Lawful Good, Neutral Good or Lawful Neutral alignment
>Cannot be Fighters, Paladins, Wizards or Monks
>1/2 starting wealth and 1/2 of a share of party treasure rather than a full share
>Restricted backgrounds e.g. no Knight background

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MF-YeWnIJfU
content.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,2015274,00.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

She has ugly nose

If everyone is ok with it it's fine.

>-2 Dex
Explain

>Cannot be of Lawful Good, Neutral Good or Lawful Neutral alignment
EXPLAIN

>Cannot be Fighters, Paladins, Wizards or Monks
EXPLAAIN

>1/2 of a share of party treasure rather than a full share
EXPLAAAIN

Nice bait

Is she *actually* OK with it, or is she going along because she knows the guys will raise an autistic shitfit about SJWs if she has the gall to speak up?

If it's fine with you guys, and you aren't taking any new players, and accept that other groups would scarcely comprehend the thought process behind these rules, let alone abide by them, then it's fine.

Op doesn't play games, do not take bait.

The women in our group had a veto over all of these rules except the class restrictions before we started the campaign. She's also at this point the de facto party leader.

So she's going along because shitfits. GG, lads.

That was at least an amusing thread.

Sage and hide.

This is now a Made In Abyss thread, question of the day; is Faputa a rapist?

I think her nose is cute.

>female characters
Is no hobby free of SJWs?

What's a good system for a Made in Abyss game?
I was thinking something more RP focused but I don't know many RP heavy games

I've been thinking about made in abyss campaign for a while, it should be very exploration heavy

I am not sure, since i skim over the stuff that looks sexual

Do they get more benefits elsewhere? Sounds like a lot of restrictions with little pluses.

I'm gonna have to disagree with the -dex. They should have no penalties to dex since male gymnasts only perform at a higher level due to their strength, not superior dexterity.

Last time I checked Olympic women in archery and shooting are more or less on par with men too (in terms of accuracy)

No, that's the full stat array.

>Explain to me why this is wrong

Because PCs are supposed to be extraordinary people, no one wants to play a useless character, if you are going to play a grill you better be the best grill

I've been playing a game of Veins of the Earth (for Lamentations of the Flame Princess), it's not quite ideal for a Made in Abyss game but should only need a little homebrewing and at worse could give some cool ideas (like the climbing system). LotFP is also somewhat light on mechanics and it's moderately deadly. Downside of the system is that the DM has to improvise rules a little too often, since the books don't go too in-depth on them.

>it should be exploration heavy
I agree. A friend suggested I should use the severe injury tables from Kingdom Death for more suffering.
Might you have a pdf of Veins of the Earth, user?
My google skills are weak.

Just report and hide, faggots.

It's too large, user, but it's on the pdf share thread. Just search for 'lamentations of the flame princess' and it will give you a link to the mega.

If we report and hide every shit thread on Veeky Forums there won't be any threads left.

Pic says it all...

Great, that's something to work towards!

As for OP, pic related.

Stale as shit pasta.

I found it.
Thanks for making this thread better, user. At least for me.

this bait is really weak, the amount of replies this has gotten is honestly really shocking.

Fair point maybe, I'll raise it with the group.

All good.

Is your gm Hillary Clinton?

>playing with alignment

shit game desu

>if everyone at my table (including our 1 female player) is OK with it
This is why it is not wrong. If they were not okay with it, it would be wrong.

Is no hobby free of underage morons?

fixed that for you
There is no female player, in fact no one will play with op the fag lord.

Listen buddy, nobody hates vagina owners more than I do. The problem is that there's no purpose in limiting yourself to reality in fiction. Fiction is superrealistic, in the sense that it is above realism. I want to say the sky is the limit, but even that is technically false. Why would you make fictional female characters weak, dumb, malevolent and incompetent when you could make them strong, intelligent, kindhearted and competent instead?

Let me put it like this: if I wanted to deal with useless whores I'd just go outside and talk to the first woman I see.

They use faggy plastic bows. Children could draw them.

listen here OP, this guy has the right idea

The point of being an adventurer is that you're a cut above the rest. There's no point in putting any major setbacks on a gender. If anything, I'd make it similar to races where you get a bonus instead. For example, Female characters get +1 Dex and male characters get +1 Str.

OP, why did you even introduce these stats to begin with?

That's Strength, not Dexterity in that case.

Okay, I can accept the physical stat penalties(except dexterity) even though I personally disagree with them for several reasons. I can accept the class restrictions(but why restrict fighter and not barbarian?) as either an extension of the ability score thing or a something to do with the setting or whatever. I can accept the starting wealth and loot distribution as setting stuff(people of the setting see women as inferior or whatever), the restricted backgrounds thing makes sense with the other things.

But why the FUCK are Lawful Good, Lawful Neutral, and Neutral good restricted from females in your group's book? How does that make any fucking sense? Please elaborate.

I know this is a bait thread but instead of giving female characters penalties to those CHA checks you should give the people they're trying to intimidate/persuade/whatever a tougher DC (if they happen to be a sexist asshole).

All the other stuff is fucking stupid though, and you should kill yourself.

I want to thank OP and pathetic failures like him for making my ability to hold a conversation with another human being of the opposite sex seem like some sort of miraculous super power.

Physical stat penalties are dumb. Yes, statistically women are far less physically strong and durable than men. But you are playing as people who are exceptional to begin with. The only consideration you should make is that a human woman with 14 strength is going to be far more uncommon than a man with the same, and far more visually distinct from other women. IE, don't do the Marvel Superhero movie thing and make a 5'3" skinnyfat woman who can suplex 200 pound men. For this same reason I don't even like having racial modifiers for stats.

If you must have something like this, because you're really into simulation gameplay or something, consider instead using different stat CAPS rather than outright modifiers, and manually set the stats of NPCs in such a way to shape the statistical "reality" of your setting.

you don't play ttrpgs.

stop responding seriously to a bait thread, newfag

Because 'womens are all chaotic stupid' meme.

Nah, that's entry level shit. Being able to sustain a relationship with a woman without her ruining your life sooner or later, THAT's a fucking superpower.

I know it's a bait thread, and has become increasingly more blatant since the original -4 str copypastas, but it's still worth thinking about how exactly we should incorporate sexual dimorphism into our games, should we chose to.

>She gets all those shit restrictions
>Still plays better than them.
Who could have guess?

a peak woman is still only going to be as strong as an average man, the penalty makes perfect sense

It's been answered a thousand times as well. You make it a seperate racial penalty/bonus set the same value but different stats for the two genders. It's neither difficult nor unheard of. You're just attempting to apply a flimsy bit of bandage over the gaping asshole you're shitposting with.

>Women who hate other women generally function on par with men
Kind of like how the most powerful woman of the 20th century was infamous for hating feminists and taking pride in the fact that feminists hated her back.

Really gets that noggin' joggin'

Probably has to do with testosterone levels

A peak woman is considerably stronger than an untrained man. Also considerably weaker than a peak man, which is why I suggested the use of differential stat caps instead.

I pray to the gods that someone nuke this thread

Alright, arm wrestle Ronda Rowsy. I'll watch.

Can Dragons fly in your setting?

Because I'm not at your table.

Welcome to nu/tg/pol/. Mods don't care.

ok here we go:
Men get -1 to report, empathy and resource skills.
Women get -1 to physique, athletics and drive skills.
THIS IS THE NEW LAW

I don't understand replies like these. It'd like you are invalidating all experiences but your own.
Oh wait
>definition of autism
Yes, I forgot I am on Veeky Forums

You're just not correct here.
youtube.com/watch?v=MF-YeWnIJfU
I'd love to arm wrestler Ronda, especially if we bet something specific on it.

>Men get -1 to report, empathy
I'd take that
>and resource skills.
explain

>statistics are always correct
Statistics can say whatever you want them to say. you'll get your arm broken that way.

An early feminist named Edith Garrud was a martial artist who would body flip police who tried to stop their marches and trained other women to do the same.

You can see right there that there are some green circles above the male average. Obviously a particularly strong guy is going to be stronger than, in all likelihood, every woman he will ever meet. But not all of them that exist

That's the thing though, it should be a choice. These threads are usually implying that it should not be a choice and it should be hard set rules.

>But why the FUCK are Lawful Good, Lawful Neutral, and Neutral good restricted from females in your group's book? How does that make any fucking sense?

Women have no honor, user, not like men understand it.

current stats place unmarried, educated women as having a higher earnings then men of similar age categories. We could switch it to notice if that makes you feel better and it wasn't already THE NEW LAW.

>A peak woman is considerably stronger than an untrained man
what you said
> peak woman is still only going to be as strong as an average man
what I said

Maybe is not them, is you.

>educated people earn more than a mix of educated and uneducated people
?

It's simply not in a woman's interest to be loyal til death, so frankly lawful anything just doesn't fit.

And I said there are female data points ABOVE the male average in your graph. More importantly, your graph is very useful in describing the strength of the populations, but it likely does not contain any peak condition people, either men or women. It's a simple fact that world class female athletes are stronger than untrained men.
Also, that graph uses grip strength, which has significantly larger difference between the sexes than compound lifts.

It depends on the type of dragon.

>arbitrarily restricting your players choices because of your own bitterness

ok.

Are there flying dragons in your setting?

I vote men be restricted to only Chaotic alignments because of murderhobo tendencies. So basically Lawful doesn't exist at all in OP's setting.

Yeah. Some of them store buoyant gas, some of them are bird-boned, and some of them skate on magical currents or have an inbuilt magical forge for the energy.

So you can accept giant flying lizards but no exceptional woman adventurers?

I think you read that wrong lady. Let me try again. On average unmarried educated women earn more then unmarried educated men. Which is pretty cool.

We literally have an exceptional woman adventurer leading the party.

Your game sounds super boring, OP.

>sudden onset of people replying sincerely to tired bait
Why do I feel like this was just linked offsite?

Maybe people are just interested in arguing tonight?

Which you stat penalize for no reason.

Because it's been done so many times smart people don't respond to it. But those people aren't allowed on nu/tg/pol/ anymore.

>nu/tg/pol/
Stop using this term.

I guess it was this or a adventurers' guild thread.

ADVENTURING IS NOT A PROFESSION

cause we all want to have sex but all we have is our hands, our hair brushes and our pillows. Basically we're frustrated.

That's sounds unlikely, but if it's true it might have something to do with a charisma bonus. If you were to see older single women being outearned by older single men then this would confirm that, as few people want to fuck grannies.

Face the truth user. Veeky Forums doesn't exist anymore.

Why not both?

idk why you're taking off Charisma during Diplomacy checks even though historically noble women were expected to act as diplomats in some capacity. You're kinda bad at realism.

Did you not watch the accompanying video? stronk women will get btfo by average dudes, simple fact. Thanks testosterone. Your strength is hard lowered by -4, pray I do not lower it any further.

Bitch please, FATE doest have charisma stats. also: content.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,2015274,00.html written in 2010! its 2018 baby! that means it might be even more!