>want to go somewhere face-to-face and hang out, not be stuck inside
>check google for FLGS in/around atlanta
>Closest one is more than 30 minutes away
>Only sells TCG shit
>if I want more options I have to spend an hour or more driving

haha thanks

fa/tg/uys in the south, what do, any suggestions

Cry.

Alternatively, look for some yuppie northern tourists to abduct and force them to play with you.

I managed to find 1 group via meetup site that died after about 2 years, but yeah. it's pretty desolate down here.
Memphis?

Austell/Marietta

Damn dude that sucks. I live in GA too and for awhile the closest store was far as hell away. Now there's one in Kennesaw and I never thought I'd see the day.

I know there's Gigabytes Cafe in Marietta if that's close? That's as far south as I go

damnation

Still 35+ minutes and they seem more focused on the meeting-up than the actual selling of goods

It's pure garbage

I'm in North Florida but I've got friends all over the south. I think the issue you're having isn't southern, I think it's that you aren't near/in any big cities man. I've lived in gainsville, Orlando, Jacksonville, Atlanta, Tampa. They all have plenty of awesome LGS.

Man you might be right. I'm checking listings for my city and there WAS a gaming store that was ONLY nine minutes from my home (Atlanta Games)

But they're permanently closed

Once again back to the nearest gaming store being 30 minutes away.

>they seem more focused on the meeting-up
That's perfect. You use the store to get games while buying your stuff online for less.

i would still like the experience of actually BUYING things in a physical location.

>Closest one is more than 30 minutes away
Cry me a fucking river, I need to ride an hour of subway and buses to get to the closest store in Moscow.

You know, it sounds like you're just making excuses.

You've got somewhere 35mins away where you can get games. There are places 60mins away (that really isn't much of a drive, I've had commutes longer than that).

Stop complaining and go to the store.

Probably just gonna suck it up and go drive to wherever is closest.

Was kinda hoping there'd be someplace closer but them's the shakes.

Filthy smalltown yank here, do you guys have libraries with board games?

yes, we still have libraries. Sherman didn't manage to burn ALL of them down.

>OP is Shinji
You will never rorce him to go to the store without some fucked up shit happening.

Can you post to set up a group there? You'd have to keep it down, but that's something.

it's not a lack of space, it's a lack of people who care about Veeky Forums related shit.

>Memphis
Hello, fellow Memphian.

Move further south. There's a dozen within a 45 minute drive of me, and I'm 30 minutes north of New Orleans. Urban parts of florida are lousy with them as well.

Bournemouth and the area around it have some LGS. Do you live anywhere near Bournemouth?

Memphibian?

My college has a fairly popular tabletop gaming club. There were about five or six games running last semester, everything from DnD 3.5 to a homebrew system one of the professors had whipped up. I was in a Call of Cthulhu game for a year and a half, before my GM decided to test out 5e D&D. All of this, by the way, took place on a university campus in Cochran, a sleepy little town with a population of 5,000 in middle Georgia.

I guarantee there's at least a half dozen community colleges in Atlanta that has a tabletop gaming community. If you're so set on getting involved in a tabletop gaming community, register at one and take one or two classes. You'll learn something, and get access to new D&D groups. If you've got time to play D&D, you've got time for an online course or something.

>Live on northern man made island in coldlands.
>The closest gaming store to me is 45 minutes away.
>Next closest gaming store is 1 hour away.
>Both tiny.
>Neither have casual EDH players.
>Or any role players.
>Only Super serious MtG and Warhammer.

>Such is suffering in northlands.

Poor, poor northern barbarians. I'm sure there's some benefit to living in the lands of ice and flavorless food, but I'll be damned if I can figure out what it is.

I'm drinking a hot toddy right now while sitting next to a roaring fire, after getting back from my job as a librarian.

I spent last christmas on my porch sipping lemonade.

I will admit, I hate the outside, and the heat, so fair enough.

We in Ohio are currently freezing our proverbial and actual nuts off. You sir, win the day!

>tfw AGF only lasted for a little over a year

Seconding gigabytes, I went a couple times to check it out but really live too far away to go regularly.

>BUYING things in a physical location.

Honestly stores *never* had the full catalogue of anything, it was always a crapshoot whether they would be carrying what you want or you'd have to special order it. When I moved here Oxford books was my main GW supplier. Oxford fucking BOOKS. I started buying online in the early 2000s.

I'm mostly into historicals now and Gigabytes had a surprisingly good selection, prices were nowhere near as good as what I can get online so I would buy from them to support them more than any other reason.

The thing about Atlanta is that places you want to go generally fall into two categories:
1) 30 minute drive +/- traffic
2) It's my lucky day, I just so happen to live around the corner!