MTG, Rivals of Ixalan spoilers

Post your MTG RIX spoilers and opinion of them here.

Starting with best of the elder dino cycle

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/topdeck-tribal/
youtube.com/watch?v=gP3MuUTmXNk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rattlechain merfolk impression

Flavor win

Decent, flying vamp

>fun-in-commander

I haven't played MtG in years but I just got this in an email and thought I should probably post it, whatever it is.

>More expensive, killable Fiend hunter, but with big upside
Neat

Its not that bad
*reads constitution*
ayyyy

This is a nice card, I wish someone would put it in his deck so I can play him with my scarab god.

using this against Show and Tell will be fun

I like Sandwurm Convergence in that role more, less chance of it being removed

I'm really hoping u/g merfolk will be good in standard and modern.

Between this, pic related, Hostage Taker, Scarab God, and Gonti, Grixis Steal Everything needs to be a deck

Only the Pro tour will tell. If Energy dominates that WOTC will literally have no choice but to ban something. They can't let another new set be choked out for another 4-5 months

Just me or this is shit?

Do Vamps need a 1 drop right now? If yes then it's alright, if not then it is shit

It's a Savannah Lion that lategame turns into a flying Savannah Lion.
Truly we have come a long way when a 2/1 for 1 with further upside and no downsides at all is considered shit.

And remember that, given how much tribal support vampires have, you're likely to have a 4/3 flying, when this attacks target opponent loses 1 life you gain one life, draw three cards, discard the ace of spades.

This is a cool design. Banisher Priests that care about they exiled is a neat space

I assume this is a flavor reference to how the Legion binds shades and use their power to do shit.

It'll still be dominant because of the green and red elder dinos, I think. They'll probably replace the Glorybringer in certain matchups.
There's just nothing else that can pack in all the goodstuff creatures on that kind of curve. Merfolk, Dinosaurs, Vampires, etc, all require tricks and cuteness to work. Temur energy is just play shit on curve and it'll work out.

This is the card Monored needs to be great again.
Being white is a bit of stumbling point, however.

Ill be shocked if red gets a 2/1 for R again any time soon. I still don't know how Gorger got by. Im not sure how heavy you have to be on pirates to make it work, but you got that pirate guy.

Thing is, there aren't any other pirates you'd want to play. They all blow goats.

Vamp Aggro needs this. Legion's Landing can sub out as it's too grindy.

I kinda think Rivals Standard is just gonna be different, mainly tribal, aggro decks to choke midrange Energy out.

Depends on wether the City's Blessing can be taken away.
If it can, it's Savannah Lions, if it can't it's a great card. Vampires or Mono-White-Tokens are the archetype most likely to have ten permanents on the board without overextending.

Theres gotta be something playable even if its just to enable him, but again I dont know the minimum ratio you need as I dont think the pieces are there for a RDW entirely pirate deck, so youd need to pick and choose.

Despite the entire plotline of the fucking block, the citys blessing cant be taken. Each player can get the city's blessing independantly.

4 Skymarcher
4 Conquistador
4 2 mana Lord

But do you go tokens with Mavren, Queen's Comission and Sanctum Seeker. Or aggro with Gifted Aetherborn, Adanto Vanguard and Dusk/Dawn?

Why not both? Pretty sure you don't play Queen's comission and two drops are premium anyway. Only problem might be Gift Aetherborn's double black? A lot also depends on if you still play the monument core with Legion Conquistador.

d-dominaria will be good. right bros???

I think Vampires and Monument will be separate decks coming forward.

slivers will be back.

4 Skymarcher Aspirant
4 Legion’s Landing
4 Legion Conquistadore
2 Duskborn Skywatcher
4 Legion’s Lieutenant
4 Adanto Vanguard
4 Metallic Mimic
4 Skyblade of the Legion
2 Mavren Fen, Dusk Apostle
4 Glorious Destiny
4 Cast Out

4 Concealed Courtyard
4 Unclaimed Territory
4 Swamp
8 Plains

I don’t fukken know. It seems like we’re close to emulating Shadows Over Innistrad-era Mono-White Humans, but we’re just missing Declaration in Stone and Gryff’s Boon.

Urza will return as he was always meant to be portrayed: A strong woman of color

Depends.
If it's Richard Gardfield's Dominaria, it'll be great.
If the somehow managed to make it one more of MaRo's worlds of hats, it'll be shit.

What's so great about Dominaria and Core Sets is that we can't quite expect what'll be in there like we know we'll be opening a shit ton of Dinos, Vampires, Fish and POCs in Ixalan.

>A strong woman of 5 color
ftfy

You mean URBG. We need to be inclusive of all colours except white.

/pol/, please.

>If the somehow managed to make it one more of MaRo's worlds of hats, it'll be shit.
It's been stated that Dominaria won't return until they can summarize the entire plane as one flavor, like with Ravnica, Innistrad, Zendikar, Kaladesh, Amonkhet, etc. Now that it's returning, what do you think is gonna happen? It's gonna fucking suck.

>The city's blessing.

The fucking what now? Is this a card? An emblam? How do we keep track of this shit?

The mechanics article confirmed what the cards say (and don't imply otherwise at all).
People need to stop trying to put extra words into things that aren't there. Nowhere does it say only one person can have it. Nowhere does it give any means of losing it. Once you ascend, you have the city's blessing. That's it.
There could, at best, be a card that specifically forces someone to lose it, but that is exceedingly unlikely and will not be played unless it's free on a card you'd play without that. And you know damn well Wizards wouldn't do that.

I believe its been said its theme is "history", and xonsodering the key art is the Tolarian Academy gang, it can be presmued "history" in context is probably "nostalgia", though considering its been said the Time Spiral block's constant references to the past was one of its flaws, I dunno how they intend to satisfactorily pull it off.

It's a state of mind bro

Its basically an emblem.in every way but name. Its just a status you the player has and it can never go away. you track it with a reminder card.

I'll bet my dick that they're getting rid of the reserved list and the P9 will return as mythics.

>making jokes is /pol/ now

Why the fuck isn't it an emblam? Jesus Christ I take the time to remember this stupid shit, and they just keep making new stupid shit.

Everything is /pol/ while the neogaffers and r/incels find a new home and leave.

Except it isn't a fucking joke in these shitpost threads.

>Its just a status you the player has and it can never go away
is this going to be another mistake like when wizards made no ways to remove an opponent’s energy?

Only planeswalkers make emblems. Does it really matter if its an emblem or not? If it was "you get an emblem called The Citys Blessing" and not "You get the City"s Blessing", is it really any easier to learn?

Youre looking at it the wrong way. You stop the city's blessing by just not letting them get to 10 permanents.

>was working on making a deck based on playing things from the library
>etali is announced the day after

Should I just drop the idea and make Etali? Or does he just slot into the existing Wanderer list?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/topdeck-tribal/ for reference

>run cards with Ascend in your deck
>can't remember if at any point one of them actually worked
user you might need to stop drinking.

Urza isn't a Time Lord. Just a Planeswalker.

Hmm.
Take something similar to Time Spiral proper. Rather than have a shitton of keywords, keep it to a few good ones (since keyword overload was one of the apparent problems), fill space with additional nostalgia references instead. Focus on either Terisiare or Aerona (likely the latter) with a few references to other parts of the plane via people who have come there from elsewhere (so no saprolings/flanking/Otarian stuff as major things).
Commons remain NWO compliant - you get simple shit that references all kinds of things, basic cards with the various keywords, and some things with slightly odd abilities that still work in a vacuum but still reference stuff. Then go whole hog with the uncommon/rare/mythics.
Also, a cycle or two of common slivers would help with being simple while feeding expectations and the nostalgia theme.

>Doesn't let you cast them for free.

Damn, it was so close to going into my Zur auras deck

>Commons remain NWO compliant
NWO has to end if they expect the Challenger Decks to be successful.

You mean Banisher Priest.

No, they just need to stop bumping NWO-compliant commons up because MUH LIMITED.
Being simple does not mean being weak. It means it doesn't have many moving parts. Good removal is NWO compliant. Straight burn is NWO compliant.
Fucking Ancestral Recall could be an NWO compliant common, all it does is draw cards.
Hell, removal is the opposite of a problem for NWO - it makes the boardstate less of a mess, rather than more of one. But it gets upshifted because can't do three damage at instant speed in draft too often. Can't kill two mana creatures too often!
Making commons simple is not the problem. Making anything that is good yet simple not common is the problem.

Ramunap Red had some good results with Wiley Goblin.
a R/B aggro might be viable. Ive been running a U/B pirate tempo/midrange deck for a while now and it plays really well. It probably needs one or two cards in either color to really push it from fun/decent to great.

>Azor
EXCUSE ME?!

We've known that for a while user. The Immortal Sun is powered by Azor's spark. Dude literally went all over the multiverse with his boner for laws and order until settling down on Ixalan.

So our first glimpse of Azor is him being No Fun Allowed.
And having a Generally Worse version of Silence.
Seems appropriate.

>take silence
>make it a fucking sorcery
>completely gimp it
>make it a rare
I'm mad

>make a rare a rare
Course, it's only not strictly worse because it works differently in 3+ player games.
I'm blaming EDH here. And EDH is my favorite format.

I believe you, but where the fuck did they say the spark bit?

>shut up woman
incoming SJW rrrrreeeeees in 3...2...1...

time walk? looks deceptively playable.

Tucked away in some small part of the lore where they also said who the fuck Azor was.
Basically Azor wanted a plane that would never be known to anyone in the multiverse because walkers can never leave it and tell others.

Only instants and sorceries user.

>time walk
lol

For what purpose though?
Did he realize how stupid he was so he decided to fuck off forever so no one could hold him accountable for his idiocy?

Depends on the opponent. They they can still cast and attack with creatures and they still get a land drop. For some decks that's all they wanted to do anyway. For other decks, that's the same as being able to do literally nothing. And obviously this is stronger in multiplayer although it's high on the "piss everyone off so they gang up on you" scale.

'course this is Veeky Forums so... anything that's not a universally good auto-include card is shit and it's all MaRo and Tumblr's fault or something.

is he still there?

It also only prevents them from casting instants on THEIR turn so... Just cast it on the opponent's?

Time-walk-some-of-the-time-maybe-against-certain-decks

Suppose you have a combo to blink a creature infinitely in GW. What's are some efficient ways to convert that into a win condition? Acidic Slime and Altar of the Brood come to mind, but is there anything with a low mana cost, that also provides utility outside of the combo?

also this one actually prevents instants, but the opponent will just play them in your turn.

>tfw no Sword of Law and Order

Best anti S&T card is Ashen Rider

>For what purpose though?
No clue, maybe he wanted to take a really long vacation.
>is he still there?
Yes, Ixalan IS that plane that walkers can't leave. That's literally what he made the Immortal Sun out of his spark for, to force Ixalan's Binding on faggot walkers.

SPOIL THE DAMN R/W FLIP ALREADY

in what? standard? Low costed fabricate creatures or that cmc2 make a 1/1 token revolt guy.

Take back the EDH fodder tier U/R flip and spoil something better already.

Definitely just slots in. I'm gonna need about 5 copies of the motherfucker for all the decks I wanna run him in.

Looks fun as fuck, reminds me of the times I would Silence people on their upkeep during INN/RTR standard. So many Bonfires cockblocked. Shame about the sorc speed though

If you can give haste, Icatian Javelineers can work. Witch hunter also works and has a very good utility tap ability on it to bounce your opponents creatures, in mono-white.

youtube.com/watch?v=gP3MuUTmXNk

why do people not take criticism of their decks well?

Autism

So should I just jam the red and green elder dinos in xenagod and rock that, or build gishath? So torn

is this just shy of legacy playable?

no because if you're going to ramp into gishath you might as well go all the way for Emrakrul or Ulamog

>can't be casted if you don't have creatures
no

Not nearly Legacy playable. Lands already has its methods of slamming down loads of lands real quick.

No, are you retarded?
>Have to have a creature
>Probably want a land in hand or you might wiff
>Comes our turn 2 unless you're running 0 drop creatures or moxes in vintage in which case you'd rather just use the mox and land you played to cast reliable ramp
Literally unplayable.

Might be, if it didn't require you to have a creature. There might be some fringe application if it were an instant, or if it were blue, or if it maybe cantripped?

Back to >>>/pol

not much of a trick but can be bounced on the stack for repeated use.

How about you play legacy first before you even comment.