Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1975: Shark Week Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=utVYcKCxoXY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hey jumpers, what was it like to swap gender for the first time?

System supremacy
Dramawhoring
Limited scope compared to /jc/
CYOA general with the least amount of people

Go push your fetish on QQ, faggot.

Never did, like a normal person. You wierdo.

NO YOU GET THAT CANCEROUS FAGGOT OUT OF HERE

I don't actually know, my pain receptors were deactivated on a regular basis.

Periods suck.
Bras suck.
Buying men's clothes because lol no pockets sucks.
Whack-ass clothing sizes suck.
Having to sit to piss sucks.

Nobody ever hit on me, due to looking like a lumberjack, though. So I didn't have to worry about that.

Will you offer Hisui's brainwashing powers in the Tsukuhime jump Heavens?

Hey /jc/, are there any perks that give me Trump-level bants?

Okay, now that the holidays are over, I've got time to rework this jump. There were a bunch of complaints, a few errors spotted, and we determined while it met all the technical requirements, it didn't really have the soul of a jump. So I'm going to take this step by step, and rework it from the beginning to the end.

So, starting with the first Three sections. Origin, Race, and Time period. Origin seemed to be all right with most people, but where everyone got hung up was on Race and Time for various reasons. What do you think can be done to improve these sections?

>due to looking like a lumberjack, though
Take a drawback or something?

Does being in Pokemon mitigate this or make it worse?

You an SBer?

There's a couple in Transmetropolitan that would be mildly helpful, but nothing directly aimed towards those.

Haha well meme'd my friend!

Six foot, more muscles than most men, wearing: plaid, jeans, boots.

>Buying men's clothes because lol no pockets sucks
Huh. Now that you mention it women's clothing doesn't often have pockets. Do the clothes designers just assume every woman shall carry a purse everywhere they go?

>Hisui's brainwashing powers
How good/special are they?

>So I'm going to take this step by step, and rework it from the beginning to the end.
That's a very mature and sensible attitude, user.

>Do the clothes designers just assume every woman shall carry a purse everywhere they go?
they assume pockets ruins the contours of clothes, I think.

Eh, my forms are malleable and my physiology inhuman enough that I don't really suffer most of the drawbacks of either gender, regardless of what I happen to look like at the time.

I mean, physics and biology are just a mild suggestion.

So I am thinking of taking that scenario in Desolate Era where I become the MCs brother, but he knows I am reincarnated too. It has been a while since I read the story, so can someone tell me how he would treat me?

Pic possibly unrelated.

>How good/special are they?
So good you dont know there is a Tsukuhime anime

The weirdest part was my sense of balance being all wonky for nearly a week after the initial transformation. I kept falling over because the distribution of my weight felt completely off. I'm glad I only had to spend a few months in that world. I was about to start throwing magic at the wall until I got back to my own body.

Thank GOD that as a magical girl I was too young to have to worry about periods. Because holy shit no.

>Buying men's clothes...
Best plan, right here. Not just because reverse traps and tomboys are pretty great.

>Now that you mention it...
It ruins the lines in most clothes to put pockets anywhere. Because god forbid practically win out over aesthetics.

I could always start at the end and work backwards. Or, as is the key to the series, start in the middle, work to the end, and then rework the beginning in a way that seems bad, but then you realize it could have been much worse when someone else reworks the jump later.

Anyone have that one video of that anime girl saying "ayyyyy" and acting weird?

Interesting. I started in Pokemon, since I was already starting a new life. Got to experience the whole difference between the two, and for the first time I felt pretty.

There is no tsukihime anime though.

There is a Tsukihime anime?

That's what she wants you to think.

obligitory

Are there any races with notable powers (think things like Gen'Dai with their ridiculous bodily conrol and healing) featured in the novels? If there aren't, I think making the near-human races already featured free, and putting the ones with reasonable but minor benefits (things like a Mon Calamari's underwater breathing) at 50 CP would be fine. Although I suppose making all of them free anyway could also work, since surviving in water isn't liable to help much when the main thing in the jump is space dogfighting.

It was very weird. I much preferred being an attack helicopter, having to walk around without 30mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles was disorienting.

It was...weird. Imagine having to relearn how your body works and what you need to do everyday just to get along. I figured it out eventually, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=utVYcKCxoXY

This one?

>having to relearn
Are you some kind of Drop-in only fag?

Like family until you proved otherwise by being a colossal asshole. He goes to absurd lengths for family and friends so there you go.

Hopefully the many humans riding you brought you some comfort at the familiarity.

Shoot lasers out of vegene, looks normal

Ayyyyyyyyy

Thanks, user.

No? Having a background doesn't really help if you're cursed into being the opposite gender.

I didn't realize it had even happened until several jumps later, I just felt a bit less heavy all around.

Never have. The closest was becoming an sexless angel during K6BD

Actually, this leads me to ask a question: Are there any Jumps or combinations of Jumps that give you the power to spontaneously make a female clone of yourself? I ask because doing to would make it easier to do more than one thing at a time while also having a good alibi. Also could allow me and my clone to weave together Saidin and Saidar to pull off some bullshit.

Which Jump gave you that?

A handful. Obviously the Mon Cal. The Gammoreans and Ewoks show up, though they're minor parts without massive mental modifications due to their primitive evolution (Can't fly ships otherwise). Maybe a Vratix, Gand, or Verpine for Insectoids. I'm definitely considering making that a free choice though, with the exception of one or two of the heavyweights in the series.

So...

Code Lyoko, the new girl, a nerd, highschool...oh, and had to help other kids to stop a murderous psychopathic AI.

"Fun."

Periods sucked, but nothing a little Chi-based Meditation and exercises every morning to rebalance the self couldn't fix (thank you Wuxia). Those dumbasses who would hit on you and couldn't take "No thanks, I like waking in the morning and being able to look myself in the mirror" and variations thereof were significantly more irritating.

As a note, I finally understood why going Goth is a thing.

Medaka box has a combo you could use. Eight Hundred lies gives you an all or nothing 800 clones that can be multiplied by the same number. Free Climbing in the same jump would let you alter how many clones you have at once. Ladies and Gentlemen provides at will on touch gender benders.

Now neither of you will be virgins.

Swapped it out first chance I got in pokemon, got a nice set of memories leading up to that so I was more used to being a girl. It was a pain at times, but fun to switch back and forth every few decades.

>Drop-in only

Well, not only. But mostly.

Oh. OH. You did NOT just.

You did. Ah, fuck.

I can't believe you've done this.

>Like family until you proved otherwise by being a colossal asshole. He goes to absurd lengths for family and friends so there you go.
Cool, I was afraid him knowing that I was reincarnated along with him would make him not see me as his brother.

>Which Jump gave you that?
A bunch of different setting' shapeshifting perks that just added up over time.

Culminating in becoming Nyarlathotep.

I always figured if you took the right bodymod options, and since you're in a kids cartoon, that sort of stuff doesn't really apply

What does a jumper's Warehouse look like? Is it a comfy home? A sci-fi paradise? An arcane pantry? Or even just a couple of shelves with doodads on it. How do you try to make your warehouse look?

Jumpers! What was your first date like?

>You did. Ah, fuck.
Exactly.

>Medaka box
Well, I guess I have another series to add to my reading list

>jumpers
>first date
>through jumpchain
Every day I'm reminded how austistic this hobby is.

>Implying most people havent had their first date pre-jumpchain
Oh wait I forgot where I was

It was IRL and I honestly don't remember.

Every time I see a question prefaced with "jumpers, ", "jumpers!" and the like, I know it'll be shit.

that was irl. And honestly I can't remember much from those days.

So most questions asked on the thread?

Yes.

Fair enough.

It was way more dissimilar to a fig than I had expected.

It's been combined with some evolving type dungeons I've picked up, so it's mostly a labyrinth of stone hallways with traps and monsters, but the lower levels where the actual core(s) are is built more like a house, since all my companions and I live there.

The Shadowrun jump mentions insect spirits as being dangerous, what's so dangerous about them and how dangerous is the relevant drawback?

It was awkward, though it went okay I guess. Both of us were the autism, but we went to a Drive In threater and had a pretty good time. She had a thing about absolutely refusing to grow up though, like the wife in David Copperfield, and we kinda grew apart.

Or did you mean in a jump?

I find gloomy ambiance to be unaccountably soothing. My warehouse is styled after PATHOS-II, except without the signature violence and futility.

Its now a Palace, filed with all manner of workshops, smithies, and gardens where I grow all manner of interesting and rare plants, tended by a bunch of autonomous wooden mannequins

This gives me the hope that if there was ever a /jc/ meetup everyone will be just awkwardly looking at their phones for half an hour

After my recent trip to the Mummy, everything has an Egyptian theme to it. Now all I need is a jump that can give it a sci-fi aesthetic so I can get a Space Egyptian Warehouse!

Doesn't Ben 10 have a space mummy form you can grab too?

Stargate, SG-1?

Wait for Necrons, nigga.

>Val
>Brows
>SoAnon

Which is a better person?

Oh geeze. That's forever ago. It was nice, but I was tired for flying in on the red eye and I honestly don't remember much. But I know we spent a lot of time in my hotel room. So it couldn't have gone all that badly.

Val, hands down.

Anyone who isn't Manyfist.

I don't know. I stand at the end of time and I still wonder what my first date will be like.

Yep, they're called Thep Khufan, and that's why I'm looking for something to give my warehouse a sci-fi look to complete the theme. I already grabbed that form, and the Egyptian look, so now all I need is space theme.

I might just be missing it, but I'm not seeing anything for giving the warehouse that sort of look?

Isn't Worm working on that? He's already pretty busy with the Worm update and Generic Cyberpunk, so I don't think that's going to be coming out for a while.

Well, my first Jump was Monogatari, as a female vampire. Given my background-incarnation was only three younger than me, the resulting personality wasn't exactly unfamiliar with living as a woman. Clothing wasn't really an issue, since my shapeshifting could whip-up any outfit I could desire and things like 'support' are for mortals. Also, apparently the undead don't have periods. Totally not expected there.

Given I was by necessity nocturnal and tended to be a recluse, the only people who were stupid enough to hit on me tended to be the kind that ended up disappearing in the woods and alleys.

Overall, pretty easily to adapt to, since there wasn't much need to adapt.

Now, needing to eat people...that was troublesome.

I figured you'd do what all jumpers do. Steal everything that's not nailed down, and if you can pry it off with a plasma cutter and space crowbar, it's not nailed down.

Do you think more than one person would show up at such a meeting

Whichever one doesn't ask dumb bait questions meant to start pointless popularity contest arguments.

v1.11: More typo fixes.

>Also, apparently the undead don't have periods. Totally not expected there.
Really? I'd expect that. They don't reproduce and their biology is more or less static, why would they have a menstrual cycle?

After El Dorado and Demon the Fallen It's an enormous golden ziggurat complex of palaces for me and my companions capped with a pyramid of solid Black Jade and attached to a hilly valley containing the village where my thralls live. So far the staff to keep this in order includes a butler, a Medical Mechanica maidbot and a team of prinnies.

Oh, I definitely do like stealing anything I can to add to my treasure room, but I'd like to give the Warehouse itself the theme, you know? It's like the difference between just yoinking stuff to place in your castle to add to what's already there and changing how the actual castle itself looks overall.

>a female vampire.
It doesn't seem there's a gender/sex option in the Monogatari jump.

Sarcasm doesn't transfer well in text.

Keep forgetting that.

*Shrugs* Just assumed since it wasn't mentioned it was within fanwank territory. And if not, shapeshifting is a thing.

Comfy as fuck home, with various magical bullshit things if you look close enough.

Like the bonsai tree in the living room that if you touch it and the soil it grows on transports you to a grove where the full-sized Spirit Tree towers over all the other trees in the forest of spirits.

Or a room in the basement that is labeled Server Room and if you open it, you find yourself in a Server Tower from Ar Tonelico, with various SMT demons running around the place performing maintenance.

Or, if you happen to skip on to the island in the middle of the pond, you'll find yourself on a large and comfy as fuck island with advanced military installations, which is actually part of an island chain.

Various landscape paintings / photos all over the walls that if you stare into them and touch it, you'll find yourself in that landscape. Like a sakura grove or farmland.

Then my favourite, a small garage attached to the house. Which is actually a Fleet of Fog-based magitech 3D Printer that lets the owners of the home print whatever vehicle they want with some extras, like...I don't know, a miniature Super Graviton Gun, for instance.

To top it all off? It's also got the capabilities of the House of Mystery.

>but your former self will not be restored
Why?

One naive user and Bancho

Because you get CP for it?

I worry about one of us turning it into something like SAW, where we all have to work together to escape.

A pittance, and it's not something that can be fixed with purchases from the jump.

It's still a decent amount considering it's something you can fix post-jump.
I'm glad that you actually gave reasons for disliking it though. If you want, I can remove it.

I doubt anons are competent enough for that

Nasu Alchemy doesn’t have to worry about degradation of mystery with spread, which is why ATLAS is a functional group unstead of a caricature of faculty politics because they actually work together, right?