Teen Adventurers

Running a low-level, low-stakes campaign based around child and adolescent adventurers taking care of all the things that adults can't (or won't). Need some more inspiration. Will post what I've got.

boy who cries Direwolf gets taken, and adults don't believe any of you, so it's up to you to save him

Fun fact - in 3rd edition D&D, the default starting age for any 1st-level human D&D character was teenage.

This is because the default starting age for a Human was 15, and then you rolled a die of various sizes (based on class) to determine your starting age: d4 (Barbarian, Rogue, Sorcerer); d6 (Bard, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger); or 2d6 (Cleric, Druid, Monk, Wizard). So on average most humans start at either 17 or 19 (and could be as young as 16), and even a wizard could be as young as 17. It could also be presumed that most other races' starting ages reflect the same thing (not elves for reasons outlined in Races of the Wild, though).

This makes a degree of sense, since Conan of Cimmeria was only 14 or 15 when it took part in his first battle, and was still a teenager in the early Robert E. Howard stories like "The Frost-Giant's Daughter" or "The Tower of the Elephant".

I like the idea of a bunch of adventurer's kids finding a goblin in their house who is friendly but constantly makes a mess and eats all the food. Now the kids gotta hide their new friend from their parents to avoid SMITE AND CLEAVE.

My Pet Monster?

That makes sense. 16 was old enough to fight by conservative standards not long ago and old enough to hold your own was good enough for the rest of history.

It's the frickin bronze age. There's no such thing as teens. The day puberty starts you become an adult.

Cute!

These were fun.

Why are the "ranger" types always redheads?

Scottish.

Is the tall one chloe sevigny?

Are you aware of Tales from the loop?

I once played a young orphan who "worked" as a cutpurse and as a spy for an older group of adventurers.

>kid joins local militia group in the hope of avenging the death of his family at the hands of rebel group
>leadership doesn't want him to fight for just vengeance
>lets him join, make him squire to the vice commander
>boy spends his days cleaning, misc. chores, fetching food, etc.
>becomes "little brother" to the garrison
>still not given his own sword
>eventually the militia is attacked, boy gets injuried in conflict
>finally given his own sword
>arms too small to draw the blade

I reckon that's a great idea

this isnt actually true, it depends on where you are.
Maybe not exactly bronze age but in rome you were an "adult" with 15 but you were only a "man" much later down the line.

>monsters that live under the bed/in the closet are real but the masquerade is so powerful that only children beleive in it
someone's got to man up, crawl down there, and beat the shit out of a spookemup with a mace

That's disinformation spread by witches who gained satanic magic and red hair by playing D&D in the 80s.

Why does that sword have fletching? Is that sword supposed to be used to strip scales of fish and hide of animals? Is it just me or is that very inconvenient compared to a good knife?

I'm way more bothered about the uselessly placed nail on the left quillion.

That's not fletching, fletching is the fins of an arrowshaft. That's a serration.

I guess it's serrated to cut ropes and other similar stuff, could also be an actual saw.

I think it's there to put your finger on? Dunno. I'm more bothered that she doesn't have a helmet, a shield and has way too much leg protection.

That's clearly a several hundred year old witch that enjoys looking like a young girl.

I kinda want to do a Earthbound kind of thing but make it much more Cthulhu theme. Not necessary anything deadly (at least indirectly) but be something like escaping a town before shit hit the fan. Wonder if you can have a game feel dreadful but be peaceful at the same time.

Thread mostly looks like an excuse to play girls, which is either an honest undertaking by female players, or this shit is a thinly veiled magical realm thread.

The thing about teenagers is that a 14 or 15 year-old absolutely looks childish; an 18 or 19 year-old can look very adult. Based off of what's ITT right now, you seem to want the 12-16 bracket.

I haven't found many boy adventurer pictures when I look.

Says something about the artists and/or the community, doesn't it?

one of my old ideas for a low-stakes 'young adventurer' thing had been tribes of goblins, kobolds, orcs, etc. all happen upon a ruin with the 'non-lethal' enchantment over a huge area.

Under the direction of a dragon they build basically an amusement park where adventurer's young and old can come and practice without risk of any real injury.

You can either keep the stakes low with the park doing an event and the PCs have to race rivals to reach the event treasure.

Or make it higher stakes with someone damaging the enchantment on the park to do serious harm.

Isn't this pretty much every Call of Cthulu game?

We played something similar after the DM watched Stranger Things and liked it. The game was quite fun actually, really different from the sorts of sword and board games we were used to, so heartily recommend.

>playing female characters is automatically magical realm
You are what's wrong with Veeky Forums

:D

Nowadays there’s 13 year olds who can look like fully grown adults.

No, you're just a pedo.

>that pic
Gtfo with that hipster slut garbage and her older sister.

as posted earlier, the rules for 3.5 dnd had human adventurers starting their careers from 16 at the lowest, to 27 at the highest.
having to be 18 to join an army and such is a pretty new thing historically speaking, and there isn't any real reason why the nations of most settings would be different

now, wanting to play kids who haven't finished or even started puberty is a bit more potentially fetish bait, but if you've got a group that, even if they are a bunch of pedophiles, are mature and/or competent enough to hide their boners and play as normal, then I really don't see what a big deal it is.

Are you doing it in a fantasy setting? Because if so, Beyond the Wall is pretty good at this specifically.

Bump

Can confirm

t. under-petted cat familiar

some swords used by pioneers in America had a serrations on the back for cutting rope or wood

not that drastic though, chock it up to artistic license

>Filename
I don't get it. Those are leather pads to prevent the chainmail from constant rubbing and thus preventing wear of it.

bruh, I've got mail voiders that are almost a decade old, wear is not a concern when it comes to armoring your armpits

plus, I've never seen leather that forms perfectly to the muscles beneath chainmail like on the left

seconding Beyond the Wall, especially the lifepath-y chargen.
It's pretty much geared for "Young people from the same village have adventure thrust upon them"
Also it's all in the OSR trove

A girl in my church had D-cups and an hourglass figure at 13. Ectremely conservative parents. zero chance of plastic surgery. It's all in the genes.

>I never saw idealised images for a long-running fantasy comics
Here, fixed your bullshit. It's like you don't even know the source of the image or are some sort of newfag

You don't figure out a girl's age just by her boobs and figure. A 13 year old will never look like an adult, no matter how developed her body is.

>A 13 year old will never look like an adult, no matter how developed her body is.
My fucking sides... Do you even leave your basement anymore?

No, I mean everything about her screamed "at least 6 years older than she actually is". It was baffling to find out how young she was.

*tips*

M'LADY

What's the story behind these? It looks like someone took 4e DnD as a base, and trimmed some fat to make it a little simpler for new players.

>boy adventurer

We don't encourage *those* anymore