Space Station 13

the worlds best mmorpg

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/HctmXU
pastebin.com/eBgysGJg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I do believe you lost yourself on the way to Veeky Forums

to rectify that you could click the Veeky Forums link thing on the top end of your page.

SS13 belongs on Veeky Forums
You, obviously, do not.

exactly

I hope you're memeing and not this new.

You are perceptively ignorant

this is Veeky Forums ss13 server

Sybil is better than Basil

So what exactly IS ss13? How do you play it?

go on their site

>TG station

>Veeky Forums related

yall niggas need D20

>ss13 not Veeky Forums related
How new are you?

aurorastation is pretty ok

It might in fact be one of the few mmorpgs where the rpg aspect is crucial to really getting the most out of a play session. Then again, it sucks being the janitor when you could be anything vastly more interesting than the guy who cleans up the blood and vomit from whatever horrible event took place so other people don't decide to just make things worse because the station is a little messy.

but the janitor is required to have a nice station

Commander Keen rule applies, faggot.

>being this new

How does that Barotrauma game compare?

>So what exactly IS ss13?
It's a round based role playing game. It's like cluedo but real time on a space station.
>How do you play it?
Download the BYOND client and join a server.

the janitor is important. by letting the station look clean you lower the chaos level. its a psychological thing.

if you arrive on a blood drenched station you are more drawn to grab a makeshift weapon and be aggressive out of self defense

^

I'm still going to bitch about you getting my nice floors all bloody.

One of these days I'm gonna make that SS13 reskin of the Clue boardgame with proper pieces and shit.

What's the best current server?

d20.

d20 best sebr

d20 please send us players

>D20
Dead server, dead meme. I prefer playing servers that actually have people playing on them.

honestly, i'd go back to playing on d20, but i have neither time, nor dedication anymore to play through 3-4 hour autism rounds

Just pre-emptively start murdering the worst offenders. You're just keeping the station clean.

SS13 is an odd beast; too short and while chaotic, the round feels hollow. Too long and especially if you've been killed, you're just waiting around for things to happen or for a new round to start.

>FIVE MAN HIGH POP
>F
>I
>V
>E
>M
>A
>N
>H
>I
>G
>H
>P
>O
>P

we /comfy/ now boys

aurora and tg are the best ones ive played so far

d20 mitigates the waiting for a new round with some limited respawns so you can keep playing in the event of getting robusted, all servers handle respawning differently though

>tgstation hasn't been Veeky Forums in years but it's still the only serb worth playing on

Why are we here

to play ss13

By far.

Every server is ultra trash no fun zone so why bother. It's SAD how lifeweb of all servers is the only "good" one

TG station, fulpstation are both lenient on ""Rules"""

>mumorpuger
Nein. It's a Graphical MUD, and not a very big one.

Sounds metagay.

yeah it happens that shitters will respawn and shit everything up but its much better than normal players having to sit the whole round out

Veeky Forums or goon.

god, I haven't played SS13 in ages. Wonder what's new and different on Veeky Forumsstation (was never too fond of d20station, or whatever it was called)

play and find out

Veeky Forumsstation has gotten worse recently
Probably TG or goon?

i didnt know there was a VG station

D20

D20

D20

yeah I should, I'm just afraid there's too much new shit I'll have to learn. Prolly I'm just paranoid. Figuring out what the fresh hell was happenning the first couple dozen of rounds was traumatizing

it gets ez after a while

it doesn't get ez you just get robust

What’s the opinion on Lifeweb?

Is it an actual thing now?
Last I saw it was some slavic pipe dream

Yup, got a big UI update and a fresh map a few weeks back. If you’ve got an old enough Byond account or a few bucks of bitcoin, it’s up on the weekends. Check out the discord: discord.gg/HctmXU

Veeky Forumsstation is complete shit
D20 is low pop but comfy and legitimately Veeky Forums
Veeky Forums is the best mix IMO
Except lifeweb lifeweb a best

My Parya of Rahalian origin.

>plasmaflood twice
>Ismex is fine with it, even says "Well fuck i thought you were brainedead not evil"

>a third time
>jerryderpington acts like a massive faggot over it

>plasmaflood
>the admin always BWOINKS instead of letting it get worked out like a murder mystery if there's more than two atmos techs.

I dont' get why they don't just let people griff

how do u get this UI???

It's Lifeweb, an overhaul of Space Station 13. I dropped a link to the discord earlier.

that texture work is godawful

what discord?

The discord where they post the server IPs and tell you how to gain access.
To each their own.

this shit complicated

Yes. Worth it, though.

only on the weekends?? i havent even figured out how to DL lifeweb

I'm just coming down from my six hour SS13 binge, AMA

Get approved. Read the FAQ, send a PM to the Ancient Machine, and wait for the messages in the serverstatus channel. They give you the IP, which you put into Byond by hitting the open button. Lifeweb will download from there. It'll take quite a while, since it has a lot of new assets, code, etc, but you'll be good to go afterwards.

i asked how to get a ckey and they called me retarded, am i?

Yes.

Your CKey is your byond account name.

i left

What server did you play on?

I mainly played on hippie but got permabanned for shitting
Now I mostly play on Veeky Forums and CM

>TG

TG is an aborted fetus of what it actually used to be.

we need a board for ss13 only

Hell no. We have a Veeky Forums thread and the frequent thread on Veeky Forums.

:(

>and the frequent thread on Veeky Forums.
>frequent
If you're non-antag plasma flooding without proper escalation then you'll get banned.
Antags can do what they want.
Non-antags have to have the proper RP reasons to make the station both toxic and highly flammable.
Or you have to be a newfren who blows up toxins.

It's this autism that killed the game

this is why the game lost its charm. directionless development makes playing the game like playing skyrim with every possible mod installed + most servers (basically all) becoming safe havens for people who CANNOT handle adversity. the instant something goes wrong there is a lightning reaction to go to the wah adminski help me button for instant gratification of knowing someone who wronged you has been put in time out. 'fun' is allowed, but only safe fun, and if somebody thinks you have violated the complex system of rules and etiquette you will very quickly be confronted with people who take their volunteer community cop job a lot more seriously than anyone should.

it's a mess. if you like the wacky element you will quickly find that a huge majority of people playing populated servers (tg, bay, polaris, yog) are softskinned to the point of almost every exciting situation getting bogged down by internet bureaucracy. what you're looking at is the fantasy of crazy space adventures with clowns and explosions but its really just admins spawning doge faces and cliques of furry races

angry- angry about 2d video games.

>Dude, just let me kill everybody as a normal crew member, it's just a game

whenever this thread dies ill make a new one forever and ever

I'd sooner ban people for respawning with the same name than plasma flooding though.

Where is Lee?

I stopped playing when they introduced the new map, wasn't a fan of it. How' the lag these days?

I haven't noticed anything too significant. When you say new map, do you mean the map with the lift in the middle of lowtown, or the latest one?

I mean the one where it went from a flat town with huts inside the walls and a keep in the back to a multi story confusing fuck maze a while back.

So yeah the one with the middle lift. Whats the new one like?

The huts are outside the walls now, inside a fenced village where they keep the migrants. Everything's on one level now, for the most part. Most of the changes are here: pastebin.com/eBgysGJg

make lifeweb but free

>one level
THANK GOD.

>having to pay

haha newfag

Veeky Forums needs to officially codify Bagil as med rp before it just becomes Sybil 2.0 (which it basicalyl already is).

You sound like a shitter who has been permabanned from everywhere.

yeah

Good. We don't need your retarded sort.

Have you been sleeping under a rock? Bagil is the new high pop server, and Sybil has less people most of the time.

ok