/edhg/ - EDH/Commander General

Soul-based Economy edition

Previously: RESOURCES

>Latest News:
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18749

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread Question
What specific combo do you hate seeing the most?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/28-12-17-Uvv-roon/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/emperors-new-clothes-2/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/paranoid-android/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-send-my-scourge-i-send-my-sword/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/radha-elfball-kaboom/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Question
Probably eggs. Combos don't really bother me as long as the player knows the combo and doesn't fuck up and try takebacks or take ten years to do it but eggs by its nature takes forever no matter what. Its really fun to play with but its really awful to play against.

>What specific combo do you hate seeing the most?

sol ring

Do you hate that it combos with everything?

Fucking Gitrog goldfish and anything involving Blightsteel.

7 mana and Cyclonic Rift.

hate sol ring

I don't think it's unfair or anything, but Sage of Hours in Ezuri always makes me feel stupid for not holding up removal. It's the only thing the deck does well, but I never remember to look out for it.

Thread Question:
Don’t particularly hate any combo, as long as they don’t take 5+minutes to end the game//do their thing.

Also, posting almost completely pimped Karametra. Super miffed that Inked decided to stop making sleeves, I was going to order them the day after they announced they were stopping.

Anything with Mairsil.

>Thread Question

Isochron Scepter + Mana Drain

>pimped
>moonrunes Karmic guide
>no phyrexian Norn
>mismatched lands

TRIGGERED

Ramos + Bring to Light.

Obviously anything with Ramos, but bring to light grants you two counters itself, along side tutoring for something that you then cast granting the other counters.

Then you remove counters from ramos....

The Karmic was a gift from a buddy deployed, and I am slowly working on getting the lands to match.
The Elesh Norn, I have a limit of not buying cards over 400$

I'm a retard and didn't post a list last thread. I've just finished my first draft of Roon. Any suggestions/comments are appreciated.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/28-12-17-Uvv-roon/

Immediately, I don't want to drop red just yet, and I still like the vampire flavor, so I have mixed feelings about Ghave and Teysa.

Granted...... my super spicy endgame is dumping a lot of mana into Banefire to kill of whomever I couldn't kill off with Blood Artist damage so maybe I can drop red now without much fuss but Exsanguinate is just begging to be countered, but I still have an Olivia in there and a few red vamps.

Not sure about Elenda. I'm on the bandwagon for her, but is the awkwardness of intentionally letting your commander go to the graveyard worth the trade-off of not having to draw or tutor for her out of the deck? It's not unreasonable, but it would take a bit more work.

Edgar made an obvious Sacred Ancestor.
Aristocrats play style worked into the "transient guests" / 'the Nobility should just let themselves die' theme. But in general, Vampire Hunter D is a bit too complicated to try and abstract into a Commander deck. I don't want to have to dismantle it yet.

Yeah, that's fair. Deck looks sweet. I only noted the guide because I'm lusting after an ULG foil right now.

Are you going for full foil unhinged?

not really a combo but Stax + Sundial of the infinite is pretty fun

Yeah. DESU I actually have been waffling on whether I should keep going for Inhinged plains or keep it the zendikar. The Zendkiar plains I have a few connections with (including grandparents gifted from a pack) or the Unhinged to match the forests. We’re they not impossible to find, the Unstable forests would be preferred.

I’m waiting on a foil Oracle of Mul in the mail, and can’t decide on pack or judge promo Gaddock.

Right now, Grand Architect + Pili-Pala. Watching Memnarch steal fucking everything is no fun.

I'd tend to agree. I am running Sadistic Sacrament specifically to search it out of my friends deck when he runs blue.

Vampire Hunter D could be it's own D&D setting, making it into a deck even if you contain it to just Bloodlust/Demon Deathcastle is too much.

Keep Edgar as your vampire deck and make a WB or Ghave deck for the dedicated aristocrats cards you obviously like running. You'll also get access to the second half of the namesake who is not a vampire: Cartel Aristocrat. Without messing the flavor.

Clever Impersonator
Deathgorge Scavenger
Diluvian Primordial
Duplicant
Luminate Primordial
Progenitor Mimic
Solemn Simulacrum
Ulvenwald Hydra
Verderous Gearhulk
Woodfall Primus

>mfw testing my Rakdos Suicide deck

I either win in spectacular fashion or die in my own nuclear hellfire. This is going to be a riot to pilot in a 4-man pod.

Obliterate/Jokulhaups + no finisher

List?

Post 'em if you've got 'em boys

None in particular, but I'm not a fan of combos that cannot be stopped once started. Like, all steps can be done at instant speed so there's no window to shut it down.

I'm also interested in this list, sounds right up my alley and I need a new idea for Rakdos

marchesa list?

Don't have one pre-made, give me a bit and I'll whip one up

Wort be damned.

Profane Procession
1WB
Legendary Enchantment
3WB: Exile target creature. Then if there are three or more cards exiled with Profane Procession, you may transform it.

Tomb of the Dusk Rose
Legendary Land
T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
2WB: Put one creature card exiled with this permanent onto the battlefield under your control.

Blaxos approves!

Damn, gotta choose targets wisely then.

>thread question
Combos are fine, but fuck storm. Every single time I spend ten minutes waiting for someone to maybe combo off, only to hit them with flusterstorm or summary dismissal if they ever get their shit together.

Just about anything else, you just need to explain a few iterations and I'll scoop, but fucking storm those bitches actually need to play it out because it rarely works as planned in singleton.

>you may transform

Damn that's neato

Teeg approves

The levels of shit this is are staggering.
22 fucking mana for ONE creature and you can only put three shits on it.

I'm not surprised Vampires got the shit end of the stick while pirates get Tolarian Academy.

o fug, i missed that, even better then.
I wasn't expecting them to make something good, which surprises me.

Does this function the same as "until your next turn, your opponents can't cast Instants/Sorceries" provided you omit any extra turn shenanigans?

Yes.

No. They can't cast them during their own turn, so in multiplayer they could cast Instants during someone else's turn.

>azor is alive
neat
>azor is just going to verbally fellate jace and disappear like a fucking luck dragon
not neat

Fuck yo graves, nigga

It's worded pretty poorly, but I'd rule it as:

During each of your opponents' next turns the player who's turn it is cannot cast Instant or Sorcery Spells.

It shuts down Sorcery spells, but still allows instants as long as it isn't their turn.

Thanks!

I would think that ruling would need the wording "their turn as opposed to the given "that turn
As written, it sounds like no opponent can cast I/S spells during any of their next turns

Worse than Grafdigger's Cage.

Read it again, you can do more than 3 if you want.

that being said I think the point of it is more the unflipped version. Being able to steal something is cool, but repeatable exile at instant speed for 5 mana isn't horrible. Its worthy of removal at the very least. And when they try to hit it with a rec sage or whatever, THEN you can flip it in response.

And Skybind can return it to the front side (generating another Constellation trigger in the process) for more, although unlinked, exiling!

>a snapcaster hate card

you seem fun at parties

Isn't black braids banned because she's stax cancer?

>a scarab god/GPG hate card
FTFY.

Disagree, they are vastly different cards. This one can be run in a Zirilian deck without fucking you over for instance, and this stops people from looping timewarps and shit with ewit or whatever. That and the ability to cantrip and exile everything and turn off the effect when you choose (perhaps you drew into one of your graveyard fuckery cards) is very valuable too.

If your goal is to fuck over your friends OG marchesa deck this isn't as good as grafdiggers, but that doesn't make this a bad card. Its definitely solid graveyard hate.

Oh shit, GPG doesn't target, nevermind me.
>mfw I get to say that to some chucklefuck next month

As promised, one Marchesa list
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/emperors-new-clothes-2/

Making this made me realize how all over the place this deck is. Should probably streamline it soon

hes gonna be a wu mythic
screencap dis

You say that like there's any doubt. Maro said there's only 2 walkers in this set. Angraths one and Huatli got her greedy hands on the other slot. Plus, he used his spark to make the Immortal Sun so he's def gonna be a creature.

inb4 he isn't even in the fucking set

Wouldn't be surprised. He's the literal patriarchy of Ravnica.

Postin' my man

can you post your sydri list?

Haven't compiled it online yet, but for you, I'll get started. Give me a bit and I'll post it.

Azor, bigboi
legendary sphinx
flying hexproof
1ww: exile target planeswalker you control until and place a +1/+1 counter equal to it's loyalty counters on azor. At your next upkeep return that walker to the battlefield and set its loyalty equal to the +1/+1 cointers on azor.

I am building Toshiro Umezawa. Can I get some suggestions for fun instants that arnt just removal? I already have a small list of stuff I am gonna add, but I could use some more. Fated Return, Grim Return, Imp's Mischief, Moonlight Bargain, Necrologia, Undying Evil, and Spoils of Evil are what i've come up with so far.

Damn son, you going for the 27 deck challenge too?

10/10 commander choices, I've played a lot of these over the years.

Yeah but my LGS has a big 1v1 commander play group

Can this work? I asked around and people seem to be under the opinion that the -1/-1 counters are placed on the creature before it deals it damage to you but my playgroup disagrees. Saying that because there's not "then" after the "and" they happen simultaneously. Can i get an answer?

most hated combo was mystic snake/deadeye navigator, screw that noise.

>mystic snake/deadeye navigator
Does that mean you have to pay 4 mana or 2? Because don't they become unsoulbound if you only blink one?

The damage happens simultaneously.

Even if the damage didnt happen simultaneously, state based actions are not checked until the spell finishes resolving. The creature doesnt "die" until state based actions are checked and see the creature has zero toughness.

Nope, should use the same ruling as Fight since it uses the same wording. The ability uses power of the creature at the time the effect resolves, changes after it resolves(such as the damage being dealt as -1/-1 counters) shouldn't reduce the damage.

You get to soulbond them again when Mystic Snake returns from exile.

How much ramp do y'all use for gishath?

>also plays aggro control avacyn
My nigga

Thirding that deck list request. Would love to see a good rakdos list

Oh fuck me I misunderstood soulbond. I thought it only paired when the creature with soulbond etb, not any creature without soulbond as well
>deadeye with hornet queen
>eternal witness
>mulldrifter
>bane of progress
>avenger of zendikar
>deadeye with almost fucking anything in a Newzuri deck while you get experience counters and etb triggers for days, double with panharmonicon

Wolfe +Silverblade paladin was a thing people did. They can both have Soulbond as long as they aren't already bound to other creatures.

I'm and I run the following:

Sol Ring
Ranging Raptors
Skyshroud Claim
Birds of Paradise
Kodama's Reach
Cultivate
Command Sphere
Drover of the Mighty
Thran Dynamo
Worn Powerstone
Mirari's Wake
Zendikar Resurgence
Darksteel Ingot
Gilded Lotus
Farseek
Mana Crypt
Mind Stone
Coalition Relic

I also run lots of things to reduce the cost of my dinos such as Urza's Incubator and the humans from Ixalan. I find that I can drop a Gishath within 3 turns potentially if I get lucky.

Welcome to the cancer that is Simic

Got your avacyn list?

Monoblack bros, what are your methods of choice for dealing with troublesome artifacts that can't be Needled? Especially Cursed Totem and Grafdigger's Cage.

Misinformation and Word of Command

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/paranoid-android/

There we go. Although now that I look at it, it seems rather hodgepodgey, so I may tweak it a bit.

Just finish compiling the Sydri list, so I'll get right on the Avacyn decklist.

Is Quicksilver Amulet worth the 5 bucks? I feel its one of those cards that wont make it around the table more than once (if that).

I see you too are a man of taste.

>tfw mono white avacyn newcomer

I'm honestly surprised that turd rose in value, it was like a dollar or so last I saw it.
It's 6-7 or so if you sell it yourself on TCGPlayer if you want.

thanks man

You're late to the party. Deadeye navigator is the bastard that turns blink from obnoxious to truly horrifying.

It's the reason Sylvan Primordial is banned. Sylvan Primoridal died for Deadeye's sins.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-send-my-scourge-i-send-my-sword/

There we go bud, enjoy

Thanks man, appreciate it.

Glad I could be of service. Hope the deck lists help!

This boi in particular is never expected

I know about it, but it's only playable in Aristocrats type decks with skelly and crawling zombo

Aight. Not sure what to make next.

This was two threads ago, but here you go.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/radha-elfball-kaboom/