>Call of Cthulhu Trove
mediafire.com/folder/h9qjka0i4e75t/Call_Of_Cthulhu

>Atchung! Cthulhu
mega.nz/#F!ywcHkIAA!ycphEhCOkbnjOvAQ4t7TBg

>Pulp Cthulhu
mega.nz/#!L9EFWSIT!o6clZxfdrVSOLkmcQz3wQ2Af9-hKsUxKc7214VynuY4

>Delta Green
pastebin.com/rtpJfc2L

So /ysg/, a couple of the guys from my group will be gone and I'm thinking(due to popular demand) a one-time scenario for the guys who will be left and a newcomer. The two regulars are rolling up new characters(or alternates if their current ones get shredded during our normal games) for it and I'm thinking of running kind of a sequel to The Last Equation(they're going after the master copy of the Libri Plures Admiratio). Any tips and what scenarios have you written?

Bump. Starting this thread after midnight wasn't the best idea.

Anyone have VISCID for Delta Green?

What's your favorite non-mythos scenarios? I have a fondness for Crack'd and Crook'd House and the one scenario with the evil boneless grandpa in the pressure cooker.

>with the evil boneless grandpa in the pressure cooker
That sounds great. Which one is that?

lets anwser the age old quastion, chthulu vs sasuke uchicha, who wins

The Gangster-Vampire one-shot from Blood Brothers.

Bump.

It seems like a good place to ask- are there any good skirmish wargame systems for playing eldritchbullshittery? Preferably modern, but weirdwar or postapoc might do in a pinch.

I am not looking for any system where you can punch out great old one with a tank gun, but somthing low scale, agents vs cultists or hybrids or tcho tcho cannibal guerillas - with any serious mythos entities being utterly deadly and overpowered.

Any recommendations?

I want to say Dust but I don't know much about wargaming, though I'm just getting into 40k myself.

Bump.

Bump bump bump.

I'm currently working on a small campaign using Maze of the Blue medusa as a Dreamland dungeon the players are trapped in everytime they slep. Any idea or stuff to make it more interesting ? I want to divide the group between dungeon-addict and careful insomniacs

Cthulhu Wars, but last I checked that was still in Kickstarter stage

Cthulhu summons Azathoth
game over

Uncle Timmy's Will for Blood Brothers.

Got a link to this?

You can find Blood Brothers in the trove, probably.

True, just phone posting right now and didn't want to search that way.

>they're going after the master copy of the Libri Plures Admiratio

Doesn't the scenario mention offhand that the book is completely unguarded, and destroying it is as simple as walking into the library, asking for it, and burning it when nobody's looking? I don't know if there's enough there to hang a full scenario off of.

What were you thinking of doing?

>what scenarios have you written?

Try these on for size

Essentially yes, but I don't see a reason why it couldn't be a bit more difficult.

What are you going to do, then? Making the players clean up more numbers is repetitive. Sending possessed mathematicians after them turns the scenario into a bug hunt which can be solved with a high firearms skill.

I've got a couple different thoughts there:
>Yithian/agents of Yithian going after the book too
>Someone else trying to steal a different book at the same time(not even mythos related)
The book itself isn't even dangerous as the equation is, as it's only has the cipher to solve the Laqueus, not the equation itself.

How would you guys go about doing lovecraftian shit in a wild west setting?

Either have it involve Serpent Folk or the K'n Yan as they are "native" to that area of the US. More than a few DG scenarios also have Native American mythology turn out to be some kind of Lovecraftian Entity

Bump

You can just use Call of Cthulhu or Delta Green for that. Simplify the skill lists and mechanics so that each miniature has a handful of things it's good at - or don't even do that, just use the rules for the base game.

The SAN mechanics work just fine for morale rules, where temporary insanity or permanent disorders can prevent units from doing what you want

The main stumbling block which is always hard to capture in skirmish games is visibility/hidden movement. It's a vital part of individual level combat, but most of the conventional wargaming solutions like dummy units/blinds don't work or make sense on a scale where one miniature equals one person. Solutions like written orders for hidden units require a referee and lots of other complicated infrastructure, such as constantly checking line of sight from one unit to another before either are even placed on the board.

Actually, I like that occupied Berlin one.

Bump.

Down Darker Trails, famalam.

>More than a few DG scenarios also have Native American mythology turn out to be some kind of Lovecraftian Entity

Killer digits, but what did you mean by this? I'm trying to think of Delta Green modules that fit this description and I'm at a loss

Operation FULMINATE immediately comes to mind.

A player I have is about to meet what is essentially an awakening avatar of a Hasturian aspect. She doesn't quite know what's coming yet, but has the good sense to try and evacuate the town. What are some good lifelines or defenses against the Yellow Sign?

Bump.

Not exactly CoC, but related. I have been considering running something very similar to the first area in the MMO the Secret World (which I now loath because of what was done to it). I've been considering running it as a miskatonic university campaign, but that seems a bit light for what I am looking for. Savage Worlds seems to have something similar to what I am looking for with one of their settings books.

Anyone have any recommended watching/reading for school/secret society based rp campaigns (prefer more cloak and dagger to full on action)?

I want organizations to be an important part, or asset management, because my players love to build things and organizations, besides GURPS, Reign (neutered of setting), Mongoose Traveller 1st edition, and Battletech are there any good systems out there that have good detailed rules for asset/organization management?

Anyone run something like this and have any suggestions or storytime?

Nights Black Agents or Laundry RPG

>Laundry RPG
Thanks. Seems like just the thing.

Strange Aeons. Good fun in the 1930's. Almost exactly what you want;agents vs cultits plus varying degrees of monsters

FULMINATE as user already said, Future Perfect part 1 kind of. Scenarios involving the Mi-Go have had some native American ties, Owlshead Mountain, parts of Extreomophilia.

When you said Wild West did you mean 19th century USA or just games set in the American West?

I know this is about RPG's but the boardgame Shadows of Brimstone is pretty much RPG-lite with some Lovecraftian/Weird West themes.

Can you fellows recommend any decent CoC podcasts or Youtube series? I'd like to see how to set the mood, run the game, introduce soul crushing realizations, etc.

Rppr got some playthroughs, mostly DG. Check also Rancor's brothel

Also check out the Unspeakable Oath

Back to page 1 with you!

Just got pic related for christmas and was wondering where I should start. As Listed, date of publication or is there a recommended list somewhere?

Also just finished reading the last two Randolph Carter stories (Silver Key and The Gate of) and Jesus, fucker should have just gone back to the Dreamlands. I mean, who wouldn't?

I've also read 'The Mountains of Madness', Witch House, Case of Charles Dexter Ward, Unknown Kadath,

>fucker should have just gone back to the Dreamlands. I mean, who wouldn't?
Kuranes.

Is the King in Yellow also the High Priest who must not be named that lives on the plateau of Leng in the Dreamlands?

Going to be playing a one-shot in a few hours(7th edition i believe), any advice?

Hard to say. He may be an avatar of same. He might BE the same one. the question will never, ever be answered.

Don't need a definitive answer but it is nice to hear that someone else thinks that it might be a possibility. Does Hastur usually intermediate with Nyarlathotep?

so it's technically mythos, but it's very possible for the players to not realize it.
Music From a Darkened Room.

also just favorite scenario.

purposefully inconsistent.
HPL mixed things up and contradicted himself intentionally, so there would be a web of a mythos not a strict canon.

Okay, but could Cthulhu beat Madara Uchiha?

Ok, I've posted about this before but I'm fine tuned some things I want to try. So I run a DG game for my friends, and we're playing it as the Group/Outlaws/Cowboys whatever you want to call them, but one player is secretly as asset of the Program. The first scenario we ran through was Last Things Last, and given the nature of that specific scenario and some of the suggested tidbits to be found in the cabin, I've decided it would be interesting to explore how Baughman got the information he did to try and raise up his wife. In my head I have it laid out like this:
>Baughman works for IRS
>has already been inducted to DG relatively recently
>notices weird financial shit in some import/export business to suggest criminality
>also notices it said business deals A LOT with a specific church in Florida
>digs a little more and gets hint of some unnatural fuckery(missing people, cattle mutilations, weird sightings)
>ends up doing up doing an opera on some of the church property after following/digging a bit more
>Pastor of church had sacrificed most of his congregation
>was looking for some type of immortality
>has delved into most forms
>children of the worm, pacts, the Dragon's Head/Tail, different hypergeometry to bring one from the dead, and finally journal from a distant relative Ephraim Waites
>mind-transference!
>when Baughman and company raid his compound, shit goes bad for him and they cap his ass, but not before he body-swaps with one of them
>got work to for MJ-12 in his new body
>now works for the Program
>PC asset mentions Baughman to his handler to get him interested in them

Now, I want to actually do the raid on the church compound with the players, and I'm thinking they'll get contacted by their handler and be told that he also dug a little into Baughman after what they found, and there some indication he was on an opera that went pretty bad in the 70's, and two other people involved in it have turned up murdered recently. They'll be sent to talk to someone else who was there, and when he starts his story, bam I give them a pool of characters to pick from and we play the raid out. Thoughts?

Get rid of your trip, Agent. Basic fucking tradecraft.

Thank you for contributing absolutely nothing except a bump. Feel free to fuck off now.

I meant to actually remove it and had forgotten.

Sloppiness like that could get you killed out in the field.

Ok LARPer Jones.

Thank you for sucking my dick. Feel free to kill yourself.

If you aren't going to discuss Yog-Sothothery/tg related material, you can both fuck off please.

For the roll20 folks, do you often make maps on there or just paint a picture with words?

Yeah well he needs to stop dwelling on the past

The Dreamlands are horrifying.

I paint a picture of my dick in your ass, based on real events

You just need to find and cozey cottage and settle down with a nice dream girl while befriending the neighbourhood cats. Ezpz.

What faggot shitposter has decided to start shitting up /ysg/?

You

Bump.

>Atchung! Cthulhu
It's "Achtung" OP.

Just copied and pasted, should have paid a bit more attention.

>the mansion has individual rooms provided for each of the assumed FOUR player-characters
>yet not a single room is appointed for the SIX other guests staying there with them
The concept of the scenario isn't bad, but it really sucks when designers make such glaring oversights.

Maybe it's not an oversight.
>What do you mean other guests? You four are the only ones staying here.

I think the NPC relatives are all supposed to be considered "investigators." Maybe still not a perfect scenario. You gotta love the idea of an old wizard rendered down into living fat though.

The King in Yellow and Hastur are not necessarily all the same entity.

Stop with your weeby narutard bullshit

Well that's what I thought after recently reading 'The King in Yellow', my first book in 'lovecraftian' book actually, but everyone always seems to consider them one in the same. Like they just needed to give TKiY a name so they just took a random one out of the other stories in the book by Ambrose Bierce.