Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

tfw GK Edition

>Warhammer Community
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/02/faction-focus-daemons-of-khornegw-homepage-post-4/

>Daily Painting Video
youtube.com/watch?v=1dcVW3Kvzg4&t

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/
>Rules and such
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>old BL mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>Math-hammer
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

ITT: discuss the power rankings of factions, both in competitive (7th eldar) and non-competitive (7th tau) ways

First for making it a general!

daemons here, preparing to bully the grey knights like back in 5th

>tfw GK
We're the Orkz of 8th so far.

I'm sorta buying into the new year, new army trend and was thinking of doing Admech. Are they an army that is different from my current Ultras, TS and DG?

>squad of 6 deathwing Knights
>jump pack librarian with righteous repugnance and master maneuverer WT
>can kill even a land raider in a single turn of melee, for 300pts
Why should I not be putting this in every list?

I'm going to repost this in case BAnon missed it in the last thread.

Run them as a melee deathstar, with enough troops to fill out a battalion, and some heavy support to take out big targets. The deathstar engages as soon as possible and tries to remove the enemy's ability to effectively resist. You'll want to use a lot of strategems with them, like Honor the Chapter (which allows a unit to fight for a second time in the fight phase) or Upon Wings of Fire (remove unit from table and deepstrike at end of movement phase) for re-positioning. These may be costly, but that's why you took the battalion. The troops run up to objectives while the enemy is distracted, and try to hold them as best they can. The heavy support takes out any major threats to the deathstar, like dreadnoughts or demon princes or whatever else is scary in melee.

Why are the Grey Shites buttblasted? Are they shit this edition or something?

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this model looks like Audrey II

Yeah, very sadly so. Not only are they the worst faction barring deathwatch and maybe necrons, GK has a Codex, so at least the others have a chance. They’re dogshit and looks like they’ll be that way until 9th

>tfw you cant deny their mini-smite spam

Where is this from. It looks vaguely familiar but I can't place it.

Well they may get a boost in Chapter Approved. I can't say I feel any sympathy for people who play meme armies to be honest. GK, SoB and DW should be rolled into one book.

We're turbo shit, while getting a beta rule that shits on us even further, FAQ nerfing us, and to top it off armies are getting our stuff left and right. Hammerhand for all BA, better deepstrike shenanigans, cheaper/more cost efficient units that put out equal or better firepower than us, less than mediocre melee. It really hurts, man. I just want to be a Paladin in space.
Did you even see what we got last Chapter Approved? 5 points off terminators, while our vehicle weapons went up. A terrible trade.

It's definitely just you.

because they're super slow.

I know I sound retarded but what even is chapter approved? Like a patch but in book format, if so, what's the difference between that and the erratta? Do I need to buy it or is general knowledge enough?

Skub medical tests

Alright niggas, Tau Fag here, What should I be picking up next
So far I have:
The Start Collecting Box(10x Fire Warriors, 3x Crisis Suits, Ethereal on Hoverdrone)
The Optimized Pathfinder Box(10x Pathfinders, Devilfish)
The Devilfish I have magnetized and I currently run as a Longstrike, though I need to pick up Hammerhead bitz for it. With a Cadre Fireblade (which I plan to pick up soon), my list comes out to about 999 points. What should I think of picking up next?

Asked in wrong thread.

Is orks and eldar army fluffy?

I meant Chapter Approved 2018.

Grey Knights have always been a pain to balance because of the nature of the army, they've never been an easy army to play. Comes with the territory in my opinion.

What do you mean by orks and eldar?

Tell me why (Your) favorite space marine chapter is the best one

Deepstrike dudemigo. Both of them can, and Libbybrah rerolls charges within 6” bubble. Seems like a pretty baller opening shot against most armies

What the fuck did i just watch?

Chapter Approved in the early 00's was pretty good, it just collected loads of experimental rules and White Dwarf articles.

Now... yeah it's basically GW finding a way to sell us FAQ's and Erratas.

I just can't look away

I understand, but at least let us be decent. That's part of the reason they're not an easy army to play, because they suck. It's kinda hard to be a strong elite army when you're missing the strong part, but are fine on the elite part. I'm not complaining about model numbers much, but our units just aren't worth their cost. I've rarely gotten my points back on NDK's or even Terminators and Strike Squads.

>meme armies
See, that argument just doesn’t make sense to me. I don’t have a dog in the fight (playing ultras is best for more reasons than one- posterboys never left in the dirt), but it certainly seems like once an army has rules, models, and a base of fans/players you shouldn’t brush it aside.

Even though I’d never play them, the little breaths of life with DW, DE, GSC, etc., are all really nice despite being jokes in the overall narrative, and it’s ridiculous you’d say it’s ok to make them shit for whatever reason.

That's probably because their aesthetic is just a throwback to a class of the old Imperial robots from RT era. A bunch of AdMech stuff is a throwback to old stuff but I feel like GW could have done a better job at making them fit into the current aesthetic.

Orks but also eldar.

>they failed to balance anything in the previous chapter approved
>actually managed to make bad armies worse
>surely they'll get it right this time!

>Deep Strike in >9" away from an enemy
>17% chance of making the charge
>30% chance of making the charge with a reroll
>100% chance of getting rekt if they don't succeed

They made ratlings 30% cheaper. I cant complain at all.

user that's wrong it's like 50%

And by fluffy you mean what? Are they in 40k? They are.

Fine user. I was trying to let you down gently but they'll be shit this edition and guess what... they'll probably be shit next edition as well. Suck it up.

Allying them.

can gk just get hammerhand passively instead of rerolling wounds vs daemons? give shrouding back as a flat -1 to hit.

How do we un-fuck Renegades and Heretics? There's no reason to take anything other than tanks in a Chaos soup army.

They don't have any keywords in common, you can't ally them.

How the fuck do i deal with Necrons as Dark Angels? Don't have any ravenwing.

You can't legally take them together since they don't share any keywords. Imperium stuff all has the imperium keyword, so you can do imperium soup, but boyz and gaybois don't have any keywords in common.

Then again if your opponent is necrons and he's cool with you bringing these dudes as allies, then its super fluffy.

Plasma. And out-manoeuvring with jump packs/deep striking/bikes.

Dont forget that now they are also doing 2 erratas plus chapter approved now.

It’s a 56% chance. 27.something for 9 and above on 2d6, and since you get flat reroll it’s the chance of that happening once over two times, so x2. Right?

I believe you forgot to add instances where you roll above that nine

Nope, you'll take your 1 wound diminishing return smite and like it until 9th edition rolls in and squats you forever.

Stay strong fellow battle brother.

>can gk just get hammerhand passively
Yeah just paint your dudes red.

Anti-skub propaganda by jealous plebs.

Imp Fists, Iron Hands, Blood Angels, or Marines Malevolent?

Salamanders.

Red Templars.

Pic related

Marines Malevolent My Man

anyone know what color was used on these?

Plasma. As far as I recall, all imfantry/bikes/etc. has 1 or 2 wounds and mostly T5/6 with lots of 4+, which is exactly what plasma wants to face.

Stand still, focus fire, it’ll be over quick. Grab scouts to deny DS from their stuff and kill the warrior blobs ASAP (and do it totally, fully in one go or you’ll regret it). The optimal words are focus fire and target saturation. A unit of knights to kill vehicles and wraiths is probably wise

Salamanders.

Confused about fire points and the new LoS rules. If I use that big rock cannon for example, could the dev team inside draw LoS for their lascannons from the tip of the big ass elevated cannon barrel?

CSM and Death Guard took all the neat stratagems R and H should have gotten.

Temple Guard Blue or Sotek Green.

Usually units inside a vehicle draw LoS from the hull of the vehicle, not their weapons.

Yes. Vehicles are basically just big models now.

Oh, sorry, I thought you meant a dev squad shooting at something. The answer is no.

They draw line of sight from any point on the model. It says this in the fire points rule.

You use the exactly same LoS rules as for the Vehicle firing.

RAW, probably. But if you ever actually do this you're a huge faggot.

Smaller purchases? Stealth suits or Vespid
Bigger purchases? Another start collecting or a battleforce

is this one good. I'll just run a bunch of my primaris as their standard varients

bleach

Wishlist for Codex/models for 2018
Arbites
Sisters
Skitarii war clans [more along the lines of things like the huskarls, iron fist transports, and other BL skitarii stuff before the codex came out]
Exodite Eldar [Cause they ride dragons]
Kroot mercs

Here, stop crying and win all your games.

Draigo 240
(gate of infinity, sanctuary)
Brother Captain w/nemesis stave + Relic storm bolter (warlord - first to the fray) 150
(gate of infinity, sanctuary)
4x10 strikes w/8 falchions+ storm bolter, 2 psilencers 214 214 214 214
(hammerhand, hammerhand, gate of infinity, gate of infinity)
1x10 interceptors w/10 falchions 250
(gate of infinity)
3x5 Purgations w/1 falchion+ storm bolter, 4 psilencers 113 113 113
(gate of infinity, astral aim, astral aim)
Rhino with storm bolter 72
Rhino with storm bolter 72

Storm Lords. They have a bitching paint scheme that is time consuming as fuck to paint. They like to go fast. Canon, but enough of a blank slate to be my dudes.

He's just a mean green mother from outer space, and he's BAD!

Open day Saturday. Hopefully some nice announcements to set a decent tone for the year.

I run more 1000pt games so I don't know about 2k as much, but I feel like you've definitely got the right idea with this list. With what models you have, this seems pretty good. Try to find a way to give the priest a jetpack, and fit in lemartes though. You want your deathball to be effective as soon as they reach the enemy. You won't have time to run these supporting characters up.

Other anons, what do you guys think?

The answer
is no

Eh? E's a git. Now dis iz a proppa lad!

Its not bad but there are a couple of small things that would make it better. Missile launchers are terrible for their points so I recommend swapping it out for plasma or another lascannon. All of your death company should have boltguns instead of bolt pistols because its double shots for free. Its also better to combine your DC squads so you can use the stratgems more effectively.

Btw user I'm going to bed. If you've got more questions then post them and I'll get back to you sometime tomorrow.

Wow that is literally primered white, nihilaka oxide (which is impossible to put on too thick as its basically colored water) and a fucking .0.5 micron pen to make the black lines. Someone out there is as fucking lazy at painting as I am.

I'm trying to be $$$ effective here as well so thats the deal with the devestator squad

Fuck your shit tastes.
demons
necrons
tau
orks
dark eldar
space wolves

You and the other 2 snowflakes waiting on your abomination armies can sit and spin.

Fair enough. This list is very similar to what I run. You should do fine against anything except conscript/gaunt spam

Waiting for Orks and Sisters myself.

Same.

Updated

nihilaka oxide comes on that strong?

The Dev Combi-melta feels like wasted points. I'd be inclined to use those to turn the HB into a 2nd. ML and then scrounge a few more from someone to add a HB to a Tac squad for the Hellfire Shells Strat.

Also, you really, really should fit in some basic scouts. At least two squads if you can. Their advance move is invaluable for manipulating enemy deep strikers any time you end up going second.

You'll make much, much better use of the BA stratagems if you pick either DC or S. Guard and have one big unit of the them rather than two small squads of each.

How does everyone feel about using options from the indexes? For example, in Index: Imperium 1 Dreadboughts can take twin autocannons, but in the codex they can't. I want that autocannon, but I also want to play by the rules.

fuck me, there is no sexier vehicle in the 41st millennium than the hornet

Hawk lords

There's already a chart they released officially saying you can take Index options if there's no codex option for it. You just have to pay Index prices. So if the Autocannons are cheaper in the Codex, you still pay Index prices.

Oh okay that's actually really fair and easy. Thanks user!

Marines Malevolent. You'll be original, and you can have mismatching armour because they're poor.

It's in the Desginer's Commentary on the community site.

It'll be Sotek Green as it's a turquoise/cyan colour.

crimson fists

If I use the Psytronome of Iyanden on a Wraithblade unit, do I just double the base 2 attacks characteristic, or do I double all the other bonuses it can get as well (i.e. the extra attack from Ghostswords, the bonus from charging, and the bonus from using Enhance)? 10 attacks seems unfair but I apply the Psytronome at the beginning of the Fight phase, after I apply the other bonuses.
t. brainlet

>one of the top ITC tournament players is a woman that only plays Grey Knights
>GK players in these threads cannot stop crying and bitching about how bad their faction is
Really now faggots? What is your excuse?