/swg/ - Askin' A Few Questions Edition

Post about FFG, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, X-wing, Armada, Legion, and anything else Star Wars Related.

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk
Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin
All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4
Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Have your characters ever been caught by the authorities, /swg/?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Borsk_Fey'lya
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Quaestor
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>not being the authorities

Is it me or is this New Republic in the Canon almost as bungling as the Empire they supplanted?

A man too good for the galaxy coming through.

Your right, Pellaeon would announce pic-related's entrance in such a way.

Nope, I tried to catch those characters so much...they kept getting away with rediculous hyperspace jumps

I found them more incompetent. Throwing away all your weapons like that? Any power vacuum is their fault.

What gets me about it too is that the New Republic forced the remnants of the Empire to sign a humiliating treaty that included the Empire disarming as well.

How did the New Republic expect to enforce the treaty if they had no standing military?

Here's a list of ships that could be used in a Clone Wars Armada expansion.

>Republic
Capital ships:
Venator-class Star Destroyer
Acclamator-class assault ship

Frigates:
Pelta-class frigate

Cruisers:
Arquitens-class light cruiser
Consular-class cruiser

Fighters/Bombers/Gunships:
ARC-170
V-Wing
Delta-7
Eta-2
Z-95
V-19 Torrent
Y-Wings
LAAT/i gunship (it has a space variant that would work great for armada/x-wing)

Shuttles:
T-6 shuttle
Eta-class shuttle
Theta-class shuttle
Nu-class shuttle

Misc (meaning I'm not sure what class these ships belong in) :
The Stealth Ship
The Twilight (Anakin and Ashoka's ship)

>CIS
Capital Ships:
Lucrehulk-class Droid Control Ship
Providence-class dreadnought
Subjugator-class heavy cruiser
Recusant-class light destroyer

Frigates:
Munificent-class star frigate

Fighters/Bombers/Gunships:
Vulture
Tri-Fighter
Hyena Bomber
Belbullab-22 starfighter (General Grievous)
Geonosian starfighter
Geonosian fanblade starfighter (Asajj Ventress)
Umbaran starfighter
Rogue-class starfighter (MagnaGuard)
GMP Droid Gunship

Shuttles:
Sheathipede-class shuttle
Maxillipede-class shuttle
Class type B

Misc:
Trade Federation landing ship
Core Ship
Techno Union Starship
Separatist Supply ship
Commerce Guild Starship
Separatist boarding ship

Hosnian is their fault.

I think a lot of the blood that has been spilled is on their hands as much as the First Order's.

This even says that their entire fleet was apparently lost with Hosnian.

By this point, I can see why anyone would side against them. They make themselves toothless and still think they can enforce anything.

I keep getting the impression that the First Order wouldn't be a bad regime to live under if they weren't written to commit such comically villainous crimes.

>caught by the authorities
I had a player get caught once to say goodbye to an ally. I figured, "alright, I don't want that ally back, so I'll give him some torture injuries he'll die from. General peritonitis. He's been kicked around too much."
My player learns this, and decides his ally needs his cyanide capsule more than he does. Put him out of his misery and all that.

It put me in a shitspot because I'd already confirmed that the ally was imprisoned on an old Venator. Now I've got a PC stuck there too. I don't want to tell him to grab a new playersheet, so I have to figure some way for the party to first learn where he went, determine that his rescue is not impossible, and then actually go ahead and attempt a rescue.
For the sake of integrity, I wasn't about to change his cell location, or have some other event make it easy. He got captured and put in the most secure location in the entire system. No softballs on this.

The end result is a series of petty crimes and robberies while the party got 1 million credits together to hire enough mercenaries to first) capture significant imperial figures, including the planetary governor and of course the Venator captain's harem, and the First Officer's too for good measure.
>Imperial discipline
It was a backwater system with very little to do. Men stuck in space get bored. There's enough cause to rule 0 it, and giving the players two dozen bored and troublesome aliens is far more interesting than giving them more Imperials who can be expected to Escape and Evade at all opportunities.
Anyway, part two was them making a prisoner trade, except those mercenaries they still had on pay were used as a proxy while the party did a midair boarding action to seal an inbound Imperial shuttle, which they then used to crash the trade and run off with the PC.

No twi'leks were harmed while the harem was in Rebel hands, nor were they injured when returning to Imperial care.

I think they are trying to force the "First Order is Nazi Germany" analogue by making their nemesis in the New Republic commit all the mistakes of the victorious Entente allies.

Only more flagrantly and in a more grandiose, ignorant, and bungling manner.

Did the older EU’s NR do anything near as dumb?

>wouldn't be a bad regime to live under if they weren't written to commit such comically villainous crimes.
thats like saying hell wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt full of demons and brimstone

To be clear, the PC had no actual plan to escape himself. He admitted as much.

You make a good point. We should clear out Hell as soon as feasible.

I think the Fel Empire in the EU is what the First Order should have been closer to.

Before things came to a head decades later, I think the Fel lead Empire was a moderate nation that never lost sight of eventually coming to rule the galaxy again should the Galactic Alliance topple.

The First Order and New Republic as a whole repeat a lot of the same sins and errors as their predecessors respectively and didn't seem to learn from the lessons of Galactic Empire and Old Republic respectively.

>the First Order wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so bad

>The First Order and New Republic as a whole repeat a lot of the same sins and errors as their predecessors respectively and didn't seem to learn from the lessons of Galactic Empire and Old Republic respectively.
More or less this. I wonder what all the dead guys would react if they knew they fought and died to create these incompetent organizations.

Is the kimogila worth getting? The PS 8 guy looks to be a solid choice but anyone have experience with him?

They had their botch ups as I recall.

I think they had one concerning Leia in the Black Fleet crisis and I think their Chief of State, Borsk, tried appeasing the Vong, leading to the Fall of Coruscant to those intergalactic invaders:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Borsk_Fey'lya

But they were never so ignorant to disarm completely and gave as good as or better than they got in a lot of cases once new war material started reaching their forces in the post Endor years.

is an armada force composed entirely out of nebulon Bs possible?
or is there such a thing as too many

Why is Hux in charge of the First Odor's military?

He's a kid.

Technically the entire campaign is our rebels after they've been thrown into an Imperial POW camp. From there it became a Star Wars version of Hogan's Heroes.

Shame. Immense shame. The Rebels who've died probably feel like they threw their lives away

he's not in charge but his access to snoke gives him more authority than the typical holder of the rank of general

>But they were never so ignorant to disarm completely
the reason they disamred so quickly is because they didnt want to become empire 2.0
so they demobilizied once all the worst threats were over
which makes sense given how the galaxy would be quite wary of giant armies after the clone wars, the dark times, and the civil war

He is fanatical and absolutely unquestioningly loyal. He's the definition of a political officer

According to the books so far, Mon Mothma wanted the New Republic to be as decentralized as possible, so that no one could monopolize power. That included having a small but well-equipped fleet and a bunch of allied planetary militaries rather than one massive war machine. A noble idea, but totally retarded.

Why are we talking about a movie on the Traditional Games board? Put that shit on /tv/.
>dude it's star wars
A movie. Movies belong on the Television and Film board.

WHY WOULD YOU DISARM WHEN YOU HAVE A FULL THIRD OF THE GALAXY MARKED ON YOUR MAP AS "I DUNNO, LOL" WHO KNOWS WHAT COULD BE HIDING THERE

Yes, but to me, disarmament means you aren't serious about keeping the peace as, should an aggressor arise, you've left yourself vulnerable to them and a new round of conflicts, especially if that aggressor senses weakness and attacks as a result.

I'm not saying the First Order wouldn't have struck eventually, but I believe they know it's abundantly clear that the New Republic is weak.

Fools. All of them

Do you not know about the literally dozens of Veeky Forums star wars games that exist?

a real catch-22, given that internal strife from people sensing you will just be another empire will weaken and destabilize you anyways

>there are no Star Wars traditional games

They assumed what was left of the Empire would never recover enough to threaten them and they were so eager for peace and not to have another Palpatine situation that they overlooked the danger of the threat coming not from within, but from without.

That's why I'm here. Why aren't we talking about them?
>why aren't you
I did. I posted about Armada earlier.

But won’t the disarming altogether create incentive for people to rise up and invade? The PT’s separatists would never have invaded if they knew the Old Republic would eventually get an army of clones.

Aye.

It makes me wonder how the Old Republic survived without an army for a 1000 years.

>disarming leads to war
>not disarming leads to war
well jeez, i guess ill just die then

Keep the armies near where threats could come from, IE: the borders. Everywhere else will be just large enough to serve as a peacekeeping force, save for a few regularly spaced fortress systems just in case shit really goes down somewhere. If they feel like you're going to be another Empire... Oh well? It would have been better to have people grumbling then what they let happen

>I think they are trying to force the "First Order is Nazi Germany" analogue by making their nemesis in the New Republic commit all the mistakes of the victorious Entente allies.

It's actually worse. France actually had decent size army with tanks that the german tanks could not harm. Even their Airfoce was similar size than germanys, as was their navy. Britih kept their navy rather strong but downsized their army and kept the airforce in decent size.
USA was the only one that actually downsized all their land based military to pretty much token force between wars and even then US Navy was quite bit larger than Germanys.

because the writers wanted a quick and easy rout to making the first order super big villainous threats with minimal thought needed, and the easiest way they thought was the make the NR hippies that dont into dedicated war anymore

If everyone has super weapons, no one will dare use a super weapon against anyone else due to fear.

Why did they disarm so quickly? I doubt it’s possible to feasibly and safely disarm themselves without many, many decades and proof that nothing bad happened requiring an army in that time. If it was a very long-term plan, maybe it would work but why so quickly? The Old Republic had millennia of somewhat peace and that made them disarmed, not overnight.

Again. Why? A third of your galactic map is literally called "The unknown regions" and you've had a shitload of other problems from all the places on your borders. Why wouldn't you think there's a possibility of threat from without? Hell, it's still a possibility even if you have the ENTIRE galaxy. Space is big and who knows what kinda monsters are out there

>that gamma pulse ray looks like a death star laser, must be a cleverly disguised death star laser
>better fire my own dark saber to make sure they dont live long enough to exploit our death
>[99 luftballons intensifies]

Space age nuclear deterrence I guess. I’d take it over the NR though.

this is the wall, banging your head on it will just hurt you, you have to just accept that it was a stupid ass writing decision, the hand of the author was moving shit without thought or care

>the galaxy is centralised around and expanded out from the irradiated hellscape that is the galactic core rather than expanding in from the nice environmentally secure spiral arms
This has always bothered me about Star Wars. The closer to the centre you are, the closer to civilisation and security you are, despite the fact that most of the space within that red circle would be nearly uninhabitable.

They could've stolen another page from history and had the worlds they blew up be a sort of maginot line

>France actually had decent size army with tanks that the german tanks could not harm.

The Soumas and Chars?

Funny you should mention that, I have a book that mentioned that here..

Also, I think France kept an armament plan and mobilization plan ready in case things did heat up.

Also, I think their Navy may have been larger than Germany's.

France also actually fought back against Germany and wasn't soundly defeated in an opening engagement like the New Republic largely has been from what is said.

>how did they disarm so quickly
Selling guns to civilians/other irrelevant powers
Remember that there are planetary warlords without access to space. They'll pay greatly for a load of blasters.
>but the NR wouldn't do this
Mon Motha wouldn't, but she's been presented the deal by a Corellian who knows him and his business partners can make a fortune doing it without her knowledge.
>but this doesn't work

It's what America did with so many of their tanks and rifles after WWII. Sold them off to south america and africa, if they could sell them. There were warehouses full of rifles mostly German, to be fair floating around after WWII, that got sold off to Africa, southeast Asia, central America, etc.

Only the Marines didn't do this. It's why the Army panicked going into Korea and left it all to the Best Branch.

>Star Wars version of Hogan's Heroes
That sounds promising. How's it going so far?

>Again. Why? A third of your galactic map is literally called "The unknown regions"

That is what I am wondering myself.

The worst part is they'll likely leave that to be answered in a novel and we won't know to months or years later, and the answer may not be desirable or acceptable even then.

I don't even think it's a dumb decision, I honestly think it was the person writing it being too dumb to even comprehend that there could be shit there. It's like they completely forgot most of the galaxy existed

>what? Someone fired a galaxy gun at my dark saber when it revealed itself to fire on that shitty death star laser?
>good thing I've got four more mothballed in deep space. With any luck one hasn't been stolen by now

There is level of military that is both small enough not to get your own people worried but still big enough to be seen as a threat to any invasion plans more aggresive neigbour states would have. Unfortunatly New Republic was too happy to disarm that they forgot that little piece of information.

I read part of it as well. That blockade which the Germans bypassed was apparently a weird situation where nobody thought that a sane person would take the route the Germans did. Apparently, if the Allied guys found said insane route was actually being taken & not some distraction or a joke, the Nazis would’ve all been bombed & gone down in history as the dumbest shits ever.

Wait, so they're selling arms and disarming at the same time?

Jedi order and local militaries they could muster if needed.

Even when the Germans went that way, they encountered many obstacles and it was no cake walk through the Ardenne.

In some cases, rafts were shot up by French machine gunners and pill boxes had to be stormed in bloody hand to hand fighting.

>It's like they completely forgot most of the galaxy existed
pretty much this, the ST in general feels so small, like only the empire and its enemy exist

That would have required two minutes of exposition to explain AND WE CAN'T HAVE THAT

>Star Wars version of Hogan's Heroes
Still waiting for GW to make Cain’s heroes.

>entire galaxy is now ashes simply because people wanted to hoard superweapons

Quite a defense. If only the NR could do similar.

Not really. Just have it so instead of idyllic cosmopolitan capital world being shown getting blown, have it show starfleet academy being blown

It'll grow back

no it wont

It will. It'll just take a few billion years.

One thing I’ll give the PT credit for, they showed multiple events happening at the same time simultaneously. During order 66, we see numerous Jedi on numerous different planets be attacked. It gave the impression that this thing was far from local.
That’s a problem I have with the new ones. They don’t establish things well enough. I keep on thinking about how the first Star Wars movie ever made still knew to have scenes discussing the situation and purpose of the super weapon.

Well, as much as I enjoy criticizing the Canon New Republic, I believe the First Order is still expecting a heavy fight.

I think it's said that worlds have their own militarizes and that they were to use the money they would have been contributing for a national military for their own defense.

The First Order also has developed quite a few Siege weapons, so they must also be expecting heavy resistance.

Probably for those worlds who remain stubborn or won't go over to the Order as many did after the Hosnian strike.

Anyone feeling some pizza?

God that ship is terribly designed.
So is the gorilla

>God that ship is terribly designed.
its a triangle with guns, not exactly alien by star wars standards
>So is the gorilla
its a walker with gun

>God that ship is terribly designed

I want to know does it look anything like the old Mandators in the EU.

I heard those were a variation of the Procutor class or something.

> So is the gorilla

Which has a laser that can punch through shields that are rated deflect or withstand orbital bombardment.

Man, no matter how much people say "it's supposed to look like a gorilla!" the AT-M6 will always look to me like its front legs are just malfunctioning and in the midst of making the vehicle trip forward and faceplant like its AT-AT forebears.

No like, why are there so few point defenses? Why are they on sticks? Why is there a giant hole? Why is it so flat? Were they planning on having troops march around on the outside?

Bloodlines DID mention that at least some of the "Centralist" (I know they're called Centrists but that's a stupid name and Centralists is better) plans involved upgrading shielding and defensive guns on worlds. Mind you most of the Centralists were FO stooges and it was mostly their own worlds they were up-arming, but I feel like they probably budgeted for a few of those shield generators to fall into Republic-loyal or otherwise defiant hands when they actually made their move.

>THEY CAN'T TRIP THE ROBOT CAMELS IF THEY'RE ALWAYS TRIPPING!

>No like, why are there so few point defenses? >Why,why,why
makes about as much sense as the original walke, really

>sell the guns you have to other people
>realize you don't have enough guns
>now produce more guns than anyone else on earth

It really is the Empire with superweapons.

That'd be pretty wizard.

Though I'm not sure who'd be a good fit for the germans. The Tau maybe?

Apparently the front legs are for shock absorption and to steady the walker when the main gun is fired.

However, didn't the Self Propelled Heavy Artillery's design do handling recoil and shock absorption better?

I wonder what the best toppings are in a galaxy far far away.

I remember the good old days when the Empire was at least logical, and any comically villainous actions were done in shitty stories that everyone laughed at.

Now the Empire and First Order not only do comically villainous shit 24/7, but they're WRITTEN explicitly to do so in-universe.

Fuck Disney, man. Impfags aren't allowed in Nucanon, I guess.

Quests got kicked off the board for not being on "topic" but shit videogames like Warcraft and overrated flicks like Star Wars can have fucking generals 24/7? Fuck Japanese moot and fuck this board. Yes I am fucking maf

The in-universe Cain’s heroes is a heavily propaganda filled version of Death or Glory. Cain himself voiced his dislike as they both excluded Jurgen & also added this pointless, shitty romance with him & some PDF girl.

Shouldn't the hind legs be the ones absorbing the shock? Unless the things face backward and that laser ray is actually a laser propelled missle that tears out the thing's ass

We discuss settings and how to make games in them too, not just the tabletop games. If anyone’s thinking of doing a campaign, we tend to discuss how it’s done & what parts to include or exclude.

See if they had actually done that they might have gotten somewhere.

>I remember the good old days when the Empire was at least logical
in the OT, they were always bumbling evil nazis, who were good at shooting people, but resorted to fear to keep everyone in line and simply couldnt understand good in any capacity

Now that I think about it, you're right..

Heh.
That scene, every time...

ok

Only pic i can find of the Mandator family of ships is the Bellator, which is a slightly divergent and scaled down design of the Mandator II.

Oh and i also managed to find the Legends version of Holdo's hyperspace charge while looking in to the Mandator family line
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Quaestor