media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ElfSubraces.pdf

>Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
lithdoran.github.io/fiveetools/5etools.html
5etools.com

>5etools latest update-
mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
Use the Readme to get it working if you're computer illiterate, or ask for help ITT.

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously, on /5eg/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CsW72KIOd8U#t=53s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why is that gargoyle going to axe the tunnel snake a question?

Can a Imp Chainlock grant its familiar an attack right before it turns invisible (again)? From what I've read the attack uses the Imp's reaction, and the Warlock could use the Ready action to delay their attack to just before the Imp's turn.

>gargoyle

Bozak draconian, looks like.

>tfw you can't dual wield with Beast Master
>tfw you will never be Drizzt
How could they fuck up this badly?

No, I'm 100% certain thats firebrand from demon's crest on the SNES. And he's fighting the 4th boss.

Gonna fight an ancient blue dragon to ight, wish me luck

Dragonlance

Sure, why not?

>not choosing to rub its belly instead
>not befriending it
>not going on awesome adventures by day and sleeping in its protective and warm embrace by night

If you do kill it, slice its tail up into steaks and let us know how it goes.

Anyone watched mahoutsukai no yome? Chise is the cutest mage, how would I stat her?

Need some advice for my fiurst character Veeky Forums
Planning a hoplite themed EK and wondered about a few things

1)Am I missing something super obvious or is the javelin a better option than a spear since I'm using a shield? Trading Versatile, which I can't take advantage of, for better throwing ranges seems like a good deal.

2)Is there a reason a trident is mechanically identical to a spear, but 5x as expensive?

3)other than the shield master feat, and maybe making an improvised melee attack are there any rules for smacking a bitch with my shield?

Dragonlane is fucking trash.
>shit graphics
>shit gameplay
>ATROCIOUS music

wat

>mfw I'm playing a goblin with proficiency in cooking tools
>mfw I have eaten crazy shit like beholder eyeballs in the past
One time a character that wasn't this one cooked up a wyrmling and fed it to the party, including a dragonborn

Drizz't would probably be a Hunter Ranger with the Panther Wondrous Figurine, honestly.

God damn it I missed LICH EDITION. What would be some motivations/overarching goals of a Lich? I know it is all dependent on the specific Lich but lets just say its been a while since we've played this campaign and I don't seem to have anything written down about this guy.

This, and he'd be the spell less ranger variant, or just have half his levels in fighter because there is no way he is a true ranger, only getting his ranger training once he reached the surface

I had a character that ate pretty much everything that he could cook, and he could cook a lot of stuff. Monsters grew wary of the group of wandering butchers, "Chop Chop" they called the lizardfolk (my character).

I picked a fight with a red dragon and it kicked the shit out of me, kept me alive, then proceeded to season and cook me alive before he swallowed my prepared corpse whole.

>hoplite themed EK
Grab the War Caster feat asap

>Am I missing something super obvious or is the javelin a better option than a spear since I'm using a shield?
You're missing nothing

>Is there a reason a trident is mechanically identical to a spear, but 5x as expensive?
No reason at all

>are there any rules for smacking a bitch with my shield?
You could get the Dual Wielder feat to attack with your shield as a bonus action without losing the +2 bonus to AC.

Karmas a bitch

In terms of fluff/story relevance she's closest to a Sorcerer with some kind of Fae origin. In terms of mechanics she's probably closest to a Druid who doesn't use wildshape.

Circle of the Shepherd and Conjure Woodland Beings could probably adequately duplicate her ability to charm and use Fae, and also gives her sylvan.

Why is helmet not a thing?

I'm not gonna buy your fucking game again

I think he's talking about one of the game adaptations

A lot of people prefer not to wear it, and Crawford and Mearls didn't want to penalize them for that because heroes without helmets is such a constant part of fantasy. Since called shots aren't a thing in 5e it just gets rolled into the armor.

1. Javelins don't benefit from Spear Mastery.
2. None whatsofuckingever. Tridents don't even benefit from Spear Mastery.
3. Ask the DM, he might let you come up with something.

A Warlock 11/Sorcerer 9 Coffeelock could theoretically have an army composed of infinite Ghouls. How many Ghouls would it take for a 20th level party to get wiped?

Should I choose valor or swords for a hexblade/ bard?
Hexblade 1 or 3? Do I add a level of fighter or two of paladin for fighting style?

And not one of the good ones, apparently.

I will soon be starting my first session of D&D as a LN Half-Orc Paladin. Our party consists of a CN Half-Elf Druid, LG Drawf Barb, CG Wood Elf Ranger, CN High Elf Rogue, and a CG Dragonborn Monk. What can I/we expect going into this?

I don't see the barb staying LG for long

>Tfw the art for the 5E death knight is based on that guy there
Neat.

Are death knights the most stylish enemies?

Well, Lord Soth is THE death knight, you could say.

holy shit are you me i just made a horc paladin you didn't watch Blight did you?

>your present a Lich and his Death Knight to the players
>the Lich leaves the Death Knight and some minions to deal with them as he goobers away
>by the numbers a "deadly encounter" in its own right
>Level 11 Vengeance Pally GWM gets Hasted
>pure radiant energy in that player's eyes as he runs head first to the DK
>Attack action hits then crits
>Bonus action from GWM hits
>Hasted action attack crits
>all dose max level crit smites
>the poor oneshotted Death Knight
>I, the DM, now fear this character

the damn Lich didn't even have time to teleport out by then either, could only stare down the fucking Paladin across the bridge. put a completely different tone to the darkest dungeon music i had going at the time
youtube.com/watch?v=CsW72KIOd8U#t=53s

>CG Dragonborn Monk
Please, don't tell me he chose Way of the 4 Elements

do you mean bright

Perhaps use an enemy that resists Radiant for the next big fight?

I plan on doing something like that. The Lich got to observe the entire fight and how they all fought without anybody interfering with him. He then peaced out. So, I thought the best thing to do would have his next line of defenses be tailored to the players.

Perhaps a radiant resistance golem or sorts? A Shield Guardian with smites of his own?

>not having the entire bridge covered in skeleton minions to slow him down

If I remember correctly, tridents don't suffer the same penalty as most weapons in water combat. It doesn't justify the cost difference, but may explain it.

I think spears work the same

wrong

I am not familiar so no

You are correct. Consensus prevails, absolutely no reason except you wanna be like Poseidon.

How many available races is too many, Veeky Forums?

In my setting, a major theme is supposed to be that things are changing - technology, magic, society; the overall feel is going to be more Age of Exploration/Reformation/early Enlightenment than Medieval/Renaissance as most D&D settings are. One of the ways I want to reflect this is the decline of some of the common races (elves, dwarves) due to rejection of change and traditionalist natures, while some of the uncommon (gnome, triton) and monstrous (goblinoid, kobold) races are on the rise, founding their own nations and interacting with others around them in a somewhat more amicable way. At the same time, I don't want to eliminate the classic choices entirely, since the theme is the transition itself, not starting on the other side of one.

Problematically, though, that's left me with sixteen races:

Dragonborn (here, descendants of half-dragons), dwarves, elves, gnomes, goblins, goliaths (here, half-giants), half-elves, half-orcs, halflings, hobgoblins, humans, kobolds, orcs, tieflings, and tritons (descendants of human/merfolk couplings).

Tieflings could be eliminated as a noteworthy race since in my setting details they'd really only be common in one nation, but that still leaves me with fifteen races, not including subraces.

How do I summon swords I assume EK or a wizard who dip in fighter.

Why would I limit races if it isn't setting based, I just want my players to have fun

>an army composed of infinite Ghouls.

How?

easy get rid of humans and open all races up for grabs.

or blade pact warlock

>A Decisive Pummeling!

This is a good point. I just want to hear opinions.

perhaps he meant specters from that hexblade feature

I get that, hearing all sides of something is a good thing to do

Players are taking the reconnaissance in Tomb of Annihilation. The one where the Flaming Fist girl sends them off to check out a village in a bay that has had something reportedly happen to it.

In the book, there's not a lot here. It tells what happened and a nice scenic description (the bay is sulfuric, light molten rock rains from the sky, the village is burnt town from a nearby volcanic eruption). They are told to check out what they see and report back after a week of checking it out. What sorta shit could I throw in there to make the voyage and expedition more interesting?

They're really far south so I was thinking hints about Omu and shit. Stuff about the Trickster Gods because they haven't got any of that yet? Yuan-Ti shenanigans? Maybe some stuff outside the book you guys think might be cool. Always some mad scientist shit coming out of here.

That's perhaps a bridge too far; not to mention that it would require a lot of re-writing and re-drawing of the map since most nations are human nations.

My setting is literally The Only Fantasy World Map You'll Ever Need, or at least the pseudo-Europe parts, but advanced 200-300 years.

The key to having multiple races in a fantasy setting, is to have the ones you don’t want to be prominent to be one offs, and or underdeveloped. This creates a situation where the races existence is effectively non canon and can be peacefully ignored.
desu half dragon dragonborn are the shittiest execution of the dragonborn concept

I don't limit races that much anymore. I am a proponent of a "big world" in that somewhere out there is some weird ass race that the party will run into that they never heard of before.

he's thinking about it

I fear no man, but this thing, it scares me

Please stop him, he's already the weakest party member by default, no reason to gimp himself even further

Given there's no range limit for granting attacks, might stay home, send the familiar adventuring. When does Eldritch Blast overtake Imp-Bite damage?

>weakest link
How so user?

When the imp dies and stops dealing damage.

>No bonus to dex
>No bonus to wis
>Monk

With its resistances, immunity and near constant invisibility, it's a bit tougher than my warlock.

Monks are /very/ attribute dependent

He will start with no more than 14 AC (unless you're rolling stats)

He'll deal less damage because only +2 DEX (Monks do a lot of weak attacks, see Flurry of Blows, so it will affect him severely)

No bonus to WIS means his Saving Throw will be low, which is a very important factor as a lot of spells from the Wot4E requires saves

Way of the 4 Elements is also considered one of the worst subclasses in the entire book

Low damage, low AC, low accuracy, low HP and a worthless subclass

You forgot that using it in this way unlocks it's hidden passive global taunt.

It's the best way to include them in the setting that I can think of, and my players like them so I have a good incentive to include them.

One of the ideas I've come up with over the years is the concept of Draconic Freeholds. Basically an elder wyrm realizes one day that he (or she, whatever) is smart, charismatic, wise, powerful enough to take on small armies by himself, with a bevvy of wyrmlings and young dragons in his territory who will obey him out of respect for his age and power. Also he's absurdly wealthy thanks to his horde, but that horde sort of just sits there and doesn't DO anything, and nor does he have much to do with his time other than sleep on his horde. A dragon and his offspring and mates basically already have the power of a small nation themselves.

I figure that sooner or later at least one dragon is going to, if nothing else, suffer from clinical insomnia (or, more likely, just grow bored) and decide that it might be interesting to try his hand at ruling a small nation. This will naturally allow him to collect taxes, increasing the size of his horde; and of course the increase in humanoid minions certainly helps.

Now since it relies on the dragon's personal power the nation can't really be that big since the dragon can't be expected to be everywhere at once, but that still leaves a region maybe around the size of an Italian city-state under his control for centuries; longer if he establishes a line of secession with his offspring.

In Adalian up there, three dragons so far have done this: Nebitsaba (a silver who, it turns out, was the ruler of the land the whole time just disguised as a human); Eshanna (a brass who's literally trying this for a lark); and Alsharan (a red who learned of the success of Nebitsaba and decided to try it out himself, albeit with less subtlety and more "mine").

I figure if these places are established for long enough, half-dragons are inevitable, and a natural continuation of that might be dragonborn.

That's the same one that's built into the Leomund's Tiny Hut spell right?

Yep. It also applies through the bond and passively increases the chances of a murderous thieves that are inexplicably high level break into your house random encounter.

Are you people really that dense? 2d8+10 is the two weapon attacks (I'm assuming two rapiers) plus the +5 from dex on each hit. The +10d6 is the sneak attack dice.

The reason why I consider them shit, is because their redundant as a concept once you realize that half dragons and dragon sorcerer, already exist. They fill a niche that’s already filled. I usually make them a made race whenever I add them to a setting, like a dragon using the blood and flesh of his enemies to create more of his own kin, dragon or otherwise. Gives them a more otherworldly feel in my opinion.

His armor class is 14 as you said, and his wis is only a +1, but he had a +3 in dex cause we did rolls for stats. What can he do to patch himself up without scrapping the whole idea? I don't exactly tell him what he can and can't play.

where's a rogue getting a second attack with a rapier that includes dex mod damage without multiclassing and feats?

How would you guys roleplay a Barbarogue?
Should I go Barb 2 or Barb 5?

Half-dragons are too powerful for me to want to allow them as a normal player option (at least as presented in the MM) and presumably too rare besides; while a dragonblooded sorcerer is great IF you want to play as a sorcerer. What if the person wants to play as a cleric or barbarian or rogue?

I think the idea is to go Barb 5 because their damage scales fine up until that point where it kinda of stops. It also nets you the archetype, ASI, and Extra Attack. There's probably plenty of ways to get it to work, though.

do you want that extra attack or not? id play him more psychopathic who gets mad and stalks his prey, or do the cover up where he lets it rip in close combat. Doesn't have to be stupid either, I'm thinking jack the ripper who goes blood hungry when he gets in.

Who here has played mystics? Is it any fun? It seems like a total mess with mystic points and not as strong as its 4e version.

My assumption would be the two-weapon fighting feat

Then you use the stats for a dragonborn but don’t make it their default assumed lore. It mostly annoys me because it gives off a, all fantasy races are humans with a funny hat vibe.

>comparing 4e to any other edition

>mentioning 4e as having ever existed

FTFY

You're probably right. It's unfair to compare the only edition not tainted by scared cows to anything other than maybe 1e and 2e.

>it's another user Thinks High CR Enemies Fight Like Retarded Shonen Enemies episode

>4efagging in /5eg/

Is there any way to make a Warlock Pact with this otherworldly power?

The idea I've had for a Barbarogue is to basically be a "Thug". So like a streetwise Rogue except more brutish and forward. He can still sneak about and perform the shuffle of the slums, but his preference is to just bust heads and intimidate his way to victory. Could possible be like a gang enforcer for a less morally upright character or a bounty hunter for a more morally upright character.

It'd also be cooler aesthetically to fight with a knife than a rapier because nothing is manlier than knife fighting and using a dagger with Strength fits a thuggish character more than a dainty thrusting sword. It's also an easy-access ranged weapon.

All atribute increases to DEX, I would suggest Open Hand instead of Wot4E, if he's dead set on it (and I think he'll regret it later), he should pick disciplines that don't require a saving throw

But all fantasy races ARE humans with a funny hat...

Leaving that aside, my setting doesn't have room in its lore for a distinct dragonborn nation, and even if I inserted one redrawing the map would be a pain in the ass. I could eliminate them entirely, I guess (personally I don't like them since they're a symptom of 4e), but like I said, my players like them.

I note you didn't raise the same objection to the half-mer tritons of my setting, or the half-giant goliaths. Tieflings, as well, use the old lore of being the result of a few generations of removal from human-fiend couplings, rather than the 4e lore of them having been a distinct race.

>acknowledging other games are superior means you can't post in our sekrit klub

Reddit has much better support for thought bubbles and circle jerks friend, you may want to try it out.

It's even worse that you compared 4e to a roleplaying game.

You have your general and we have ours, you aren't that faggot that tried to make a combined D&D general, are you?

Why? 5e and 4e have the exact same amount of support for role playing as 5e.

Even if they are, it still doesn’t hurt to try pretend like they aren’t.

The other half races don’t bother me as much (tritons still do, they have their own lore, and have pretty much no reason to be a half race) because they usually don’t have a prominent equivalent in the case that half dragon dragonborn do. Even if you do dislike them due to being from 4e, why not just save yourself the trouble and copy paste 4e’s lore, or just not have an elaborate backstory for them in the first place.

>your average knife to back thug
>gets in a tight spot
>takes a action to take a drug to feel no pain
Literally play as a chimp high on crack sounds fun