Warhammer 40000 general - /wh40kg/

The only thing keeping drukhari from the meta is a codex edition
>previous
>Warhammer Community
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/02/faction-focus-daemons-of-khornegw-homepage-post-4/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=O1Sx7B5WnDo

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/
>Rules and such
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>old BL mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>Math-hammer
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=urD1FqDzH00&t=944s
youtube.com/watch?v=Nu0rHfUzT2Y
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/03/faction-focus-tzeentch-daemonsgw-homepage-post-3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

2st for chaos

Should I get those?
Or what else should I get for roughly the same price?
Also first for the greater good

First for wholesome nid gf

Nth for t'au and grey knights a shit.

1st for Nazi Resin FW Guards

the skulls box is fantastic.

>second and third thinking they're first
>cucked by chaos
>lets a do this

Don't mind me, just posting the best IH novel, filled to the brim with fluff.

>chaos didnt even bother to try to call for first
>immediately assumed they were second
An army of beta faggots for beta faggots

Admit to things which /40kg/ would hate, I'll go first.

I can't paint for shit, messed up one of the things I tried to paint so that it looks all weird possibly because of painting while not waiting for the first coat to dry. I'm not going to strip and redo anything, and I might not finish painting it but still glue everything together and play with it.
I will probably end up fielding things which are just primed/grey because I desperately want to start playing but I get too demoralised from the attempts I've tried to paint and things going wrong.
I'm retarded so if you ever have a game with me it will take x10 as long as the game is meant to.

beta faggots that came out on top are still winners user

>installing bluestacks to play Freeblade
phonecucks btfo I really wish we'd get a full on Imperial Knight game or at the very least a robocraft style ork game

I want to build an Ulthwé army. Should I wait until GW updates the Craftworlds models or should I get my stuff now?

>nazi
retard detected

I love you anons. You are what makes 40k enjoyable to me.

You and I are basically clones mate, which armies?

>well written BL novel about tyranids never
The worst timeline

Thousand Sons.

That's what happens when you have a 4+ WS like those Cadians wuss, and not a glorious 3+ like Krieg soldiers. While you rerolled your 1s to hit, I studied the entrenching tool.

I uninstalled bluestacks when they updated recently. Also they never let me switch accounts easily.

I got them, it's a great box actually. My dudes will have all the skulls they'll ever need and they're not even khorne

I actually like primaris marines and i think that gw did a good job in the last year

almost everything in the eldar line is great, not likely to be remade any time soon

damn, what made you uninstall?
also, fucking Windows 10 updates are balls

>thinking nids deserve anything other than a swifting booting out of the warhammer universe
I'd like to see kriegers stand up to a World Eaters army actually

I magical realm'd my female archon to have a dick....though admittedly, it was because my original archon was the stock male body with a female head before I tried kitbashing
I despise the idea of playing competitively,
but play all my games to win even though I play fluffy armies
I actually like most of you

Would that be a feminine dick?

so how does chaos win against the relic of lost cadia in game? seems like an auto-win button especially since IG can use it every turn

>I made my orks a shooty army
>I will make fluffy lists and refuse to take good units if I can't make it fit into my narrative (but I'll try real hard first)
>I don't know how to make my text do the spoiler thing

For those who've asked how I painted this flesh -

Pallid Wych Flesh base. Wash with pretty thin Tallarn Flesh (old paint, Cadian Flesh seems about the same) in the recesses. Really thin wash of Mephiston Red where you reckon the flesh will be living - aroind boils, creases, against armour, etc.

All in all it took like 5 minutes? It doesn't really need to be neat since I go for tabletop quality. Just gotta be careful you don't put too much wash on, I usually paint it on rather than swamp the model.

This is a thing, actually.
youtube.com/watch?v=urD1FqDzH00&t=944s
This batrep was made very early after 8thEd release so there's a fair lot of rules mistakes.

futa
I'm going to be rebuilding/repainting her soon.

I uninstalled blue stacks 2 and then a little bit later I got 3 and there was mobile gaming shit in bluestacks like points and an avatar and I just noped out.

40% of my dudes aren't even primed and I sometimes proxy 30% of my army

>I magical realm'd my female archon to have a dick
disgusting
tell me more user

I haven't played 40k for like 15 years but I pretty much answer any user question using just duncan videos, the rulebooks/codexes and battlescribs. Painting, squad choices, army lists, what weapons a specific squad should take, I"ll answer anything in an authoritarian manner. So far no-one has spotted the fact I have no practical experience.

>Too embarrassed to post since discovering my new $200 phone camera is 200X worse than my old $40 one
Cant even focus an inch in front of its lens holy fuck. Remind me never to get an LG on sale again

>using a phone camera on super close up shots
phone cameras are rarely good for macro photograph

i ment current guard with codex vs world eaters codex i think that was a codex v index battle

Any plans on doing the same to drones?

I like you.

start with Spoiler in [ ] and end with /spoiler in [ ] with no spaces between the brackets and words
Something like this fuck you read the faq
If your phoneposting have fun because it works about 15% of the time

Its just such a ridiculous difference between this and my old shitty Huawei. I could at least pretend to take decent game shots with that regardless of my shops lighting. This thing is rubbish. I may just get a second hand iphone now just for its camera.

well hello 90% of Veeky Forums

I'd like to see that too. So far, no one is doing 8thEd batreps with a Krieg army. StrikingScorpion82 sometimes features a guy with a Krieg army, but he plays them as Cadians, not as Kriegers, which is quite frustrating.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nu0rHfUzT2Y
you made me think of this

I was the guy who reposted your de-nurgled beauties. I have a question. Are pic related war boys from mad max with spray paint? Or is that meant to be a tattoo?

Why do people like 8e? It's been casualized and dumbed down.

>people will still gobble up this bait
Never change

Is Necromunda any good atm or does it need gang expansions to become deeper before being worthwhile?

Can you currently make a generic gang that competes with the Goliaths and Eschers?

I'd like to try it but I'm not interested in either existing gang, and would probably proxy a Genestealer Cultist gang until something comes out that's worth buying.

better balance than 7thEd, turn one melee.

It's actually easy to see who doesn't play, because they're the most adamant about their opinions, thinking they have all the answers and that a netbuild will always steamroll a normal/gun list, because mathhammer says so.

Actual players are more chill, know that there's still tactics and rolls involved, meaning that stats won't win you the battle every time.

Because 7e was so bad it makes 8e look like a masterpiece.

and thats caused the playerbase to explode to the point where GW is buying their city a new fucking powergrid so they can keep up with demand, /HHG/ is in the catalog m8

How many guardsmen do you need to hold down a CSM? That many?

i feel your frustration, i wanna do kriegers but i dont wanna worry about shipping and my financial status makes it so that i have to buy them a squad at a time
i like it cause this is the edition i joined in
still would love to carnac shitposting in action

Because they fell for the "new GW" meme, and because everything looks good compared to 7th.

It can't focus because you have script behind it you silly cunt. Try a white background, and tap your screen to focus on the model itself.

Carnac is right but no one here will admit it because the resident spergs will fight tooth and nail to deny it

They released the rules for the classic gangs at launch so if you really wanted to you could convert some of them

Somewhat undecided. Mainly as I don't play DG, I just bought the Hauler as it looked nice and I wanted to convert it. I'm not sure what I'd use the drone for, but I do love the FW Blight Drone. Maybe some of those in the future.

Hello. The bad face is due to camera flash and the wash being too dark. I could go back and correct it, but eh. Have a better face.

Hello Carnac.

My archon was once a noble during the eldar empire. Seeing the signs during the Fall and Vect's uprising, she abandoned her title and hid on the streets of commorragh for millenia, barely staving off starvation. With little opportunities remaining, she entered apprenticeship under a haemonculus, who experimented on her, twisting her form as he saw fit. He attempted to alter her to naturally grow scourge wings, but what grew were tattered, worthless things, making the experiment a failure. Eventually, she learned the ways of fleshcrafting from her haemonculus master, as well as new ways to craft poison. Using these tools, she began to form a new Kabal of her own, allying with the mistress of the iron thorn kabal in order to get her trueborn forces and her first Venoms and Raiders. Her equipment was in low repair, and many looked down on her for her mutated body, but none could argue with her results, as she led successful raid after successful raid, somehow managing to capture numerous squads of space marines, even those from the secretive Dark Angels. I play vs a lot of Dangles players. Outwardly, she now does not make any aggressive actions against archons, but strangely, any archon that seems to be gunning for her seat of power finds themself with a splinter round through their forehead from an impossible range. During the breach of the gate, she helped lead the defenses due to her vast amounts of experience with mon'keigh sieges and defenses.

TL;DR I fluffed the magical realming in a 'realistic' manner, and the dick isn't a key part of her appearance.

a squad of ten kriegers vs even 1 champion could be wiped out before the beserkers 2nd go

There are all 6 generic gangs from OldMunda with downloadable rules. Your best bet for GC is running Delaque.
And yes, they are quite competative.

>that IW pointing at the other
>get a load of this guy

>the obligatory Aldrich lovecraftian horror race needs booted out of the shitty hypersatire sci fi setting

I've read that before, how do they even do this? Do they petition Nottingham's officials or something?

Self pity isn't virtuous
Painting toys isn't some exclusive talent,
it just takes time to cultivate. Like literally ever other skill
Stop being a bitch

I just bought a horrifically painted storm eagle, and instead of stripping it just dry brushed over it.

Anybody got a link to that short story of that Thousand Sons Sorcerer seeing the Big E's light?

>skin colour of the helmetless guy

dropped

hey, trash is a damn gem. link him to Veeky Forums or something

Well if you haven't bought another huawei at least your photos aren't being sent ot the Peoples Republic Liberation Army

>Aldrich

The Chaos Gods can be cruel, brother.

Having a small Outrider detachment full of DG-specific daemon engines led by a DP with an artifact armor is something I wanted to add to my AL. It might be a good idea for your IW.

nice fluff i enjoyed reading it carry on unless you have more
its the whole "we out adapt any and everything" thing they've got going
jokes on you i like Veeky Forums

warhammer-community.com/2018/01/03/faction-focus-tzeentch-daemonsgw-homepage-post-3/

Big Bird's reveal

Admech get a surprisingly good show in that book. Entire Iron Hands convoy gets decimated by throwaway Sicarians, the Ordo Reductor steamroll happily through everything while conducting binary office politics until a Chaotic Emperor Titan emplacement shows up , the Marines consider Kastelans even matches for Dreads. Sure, a bunch of Skittles die, but anyone who gives a damn about those isn't a proper Dominus or Skitarii to begin with even in-universe, they throw away thousands for reconnaissance in force.

Looking forward to the sequels if they exist, although I'm a bit worried it'll become increasingly marine-wanky as it goes.

Thanks man, it was me asking in the last thread. I love the effect, it looks really stressed and sore. Awesome work

She's the only one I really fluffed in my DE kabal, mostly because I needed to have a damn good excuse for magical realming in 40k.

He's covered in soot from the furnaces.

you've always got to compromise between nuance and playability. I think 8th edition balances the two better than 7th did and really better than any edition aside from 4th, certainly for 1500-3000 point games

well it was a fun read user

>Kim starts using my shitty Guardsmen as basis for his "elite forces"

All good. I thought because they are like berzerkers, they paint their faces silver like warboys. I guess they just think about dorn to go berzerk.

I'm not a golden daemon paint autist. I think your stuff is top shelf. Keep on fortifying user.

Among other things in Realms of Chaos having black skin could be a "gift" from the Dark Gods.

As someone who lives 10 minutes away from Warhammer World in Nottingham I can confirm I have never heard about this before.

Thanks bud. Yeah I use my phone mostly and thought it might be a pain to do

Buckle up, kids.

Cool, nice

What actually differentiates the gangs this edition?

I played a lot of classic Necro but it was 10 years ago and I forget everything. IIRC the main differentiators back then were slight differences on the equipment lists and skill tables available to gangers. Was that all? Is that still all?

>formless blob that consumes the gods in order to take their traits and become stronger
Seems fitting

>the "we out adapt things and eat them to gain their traits" race doesnt belong
>but the "lmoa we out adapted the most adaptable race in the galaxy also lmao mechas" race belongs
>but the "lmoa we just thrive on war and grow stronger like one of them anime things" race does
>but the "in not even using my full power, just wait for me to wake up" race does
Of all the anime races in 40k, the tyranids shtick is the most tame

quick question: I'm going to be painting a squad of Boyz today, but the guy I'm painting them for has a bright pink skin motif for his orkz. What colours would you recommend for washes and highlights? I'm guessing emperor's children, screamer pink, and carroburg crimson?

Agreed. As I said in the last thread, if it gets casualised in the name of balance then I'll begrudgingly take it. But so far it seems GW is still working on the balance part

Yeah that could work. I was thinking about adding Plaguebearers to the army for some fodder staying power, as cultists are just... mehhh.

No problem, and cheers.

Cheers! Next up is a bunch of Noise Marines I reckon, just got the sonic weaponry. Attaching the arms to primaris bodies is going annoyingly so far.