Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Dark angels hate them

>Warhammer Community
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/02/faction-focus-daemons-of-khornegw-homepage-post-4/

>Daily Painting Video
youtube.com/watch?v=1dcVW3Kvzg4&t

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/
>Rules and such
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>old BL mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>Math-hammer
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

belloflostsouls.net/2018/01/40k-rumors-the-next-codex-is.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1rd for chaos

Not this shit again
Fuck off and die

Just post in the other one i can't be fucked deleting it.

Faction focus chaos undivided when?

>faction focus
>on unfocused faction
shiggydiggysquiggy

Everyone's in here at the moment.

Should we make an homebrew version of Necrons? They are so shit they are getting assblasted every game.
What should we make as house rules for them? Something to be able to at least vaguely compete with codex armies...

On paper, we're not terrible at all, our RP is fucking awesome, and with deep striking the way it is, our teleporting has never been stronger. The issue is that we don't have reasonable access to high damage, are completely fucked up by the new morale rules, and have lost most of our situational upgrades, and are unable to take advantage of CPs due to how costly even just a patrol can be. Necron Warriors are in my opinion, the best troop choice in the game, but every other unit in our arsenal is either overcosted or overshadowed, and you can't have an entire army based around one unit and nothing else.

So for my Necrons (amongst other things) I have 3 Ghost Arks and 1 Doomsday Ark

My LGS owner gave me another box that was mangled beyond belief (that GW refunded him for and didn't ask for the original back)

So question is... do I build another Ghost Ark or Doomsday Ark?

#
#
#
That entire fiasco was retarded and the Judge that allowed that ruling to stand was retarded

What is everyone's favorite sprue?

CHAOS
BOIS
ASSEMBLE

Iron MK III plastic

Tyranid sprue in general are great because almost everything is either a dual kit or has a million options and give you infinite bits, I'm actually building a battkefleet gothic armada from nid bits for a campaign

Tyranid Hive Tyrant or Grey Knight Terminators.

So, can Magnus use/benefit from the new Tzeentch Strategem?

ah, but do they come with lots of topknots/horns for my demon conversions?

Nobz
So many bits and good stuff

depends if he's in the codex or not, if not you'll need a tzeench deamon detachment to get access to it

Repressors have 6 fire points
There is no need to ever leave the tank for shooting.
Hell the units inside can shoot even if the tank is in melee. Fucking Heavy Bolters can shoot from the inside after the tank advanced. Granted they get a -1 but they can still shoot due to bad wording in the rules

Horns are a definite yes, took note are thankfully lacking

and where would I get those?

Probably ork boyz and nobz sprues

Just updated my 40k Battlescribe files and the point values for Death Guard seem to have changed in quite a few places. Did someone fuck something up or am I just too stupid to figure out where these changes came from?

Tyranid warriors
So many spare parts, so few mould lines.

>the units inside can shoot even if the tank is in melee
With bolt pistols.

>nid kits
>few moldlines
What strange new universe is this you live in, user?

Chapter approve

So what are the rules for khorne models and pyscher stuff?
New to chaos and I only play death guard just wondering.

Compared to Genestealers and gaunts, warriors have fuck-all mouldlines.

This

hahahaha imagine the dumb retard who wants to collect grey knights haha

It's almost sad that older genestealers kits have fewer mould lines than new ones

Speaking of, are khorne possibly getting new models?

I just play an exorcists succesor chapter instead and use lots of GK parts.
Get to use the models I like without the awful horror of playing GK

fuck off, it's time for slaanesh

Not really. They are not withing 1” since they are out of the table.

Angryron
VS.
Fulgrim

Who will be #3?

Their Terminators look cool

>what are Repressors

>current year
>releasing another fucking white male
>over a disabled trans womyn
Disgusting

We were talking about assaulting a Russ to keep it from shooting back. Seraphim are undeniably better at that than Dominions, despite the tradeoff of losing a meltagun and 6" of shooting. The fact that they're less than half the price is important to consider, as well.

>implying
Angron and Fulgrim are basically disable trans black women

so you think fulgrim is confirmed then?

Considering how hard it is to take down tanks even with anti-tank weaponry, is it better to just ignore them completely? In which cases is this a terrible idea?

Only a matter of time untill that is actually true. Just give ADB two more HH novels or something and he'll make it happen.

You do know the Dominion Repressor moves more than Seraphims?
24”+D6”
Vs
24” of the Seraphims

It's
>Male? with Heavy Mental Retardation
Vs.
>Female (Male)

It's pretty diverse.

>comparing a WHITE, ABLE-BODIED, NEUROTYPICAL, fucking MALE who only wants to kill people for his own enjoyment to a beautiful trans womyn of color
How's it feel to be such a bigot user?

It's not hard at all, really, what are you bringing to the table?
You just can't oneshot them anymore, but if you bring a mech army, you are asking to get slaughtered.

>NEUROTYPICAL
If there is any word to describe Angron and Fulgrim this word is not it.

How oppressive you must be to think Angron that does identify as a black trans women?

>It's not hard at all, really
Don't you need like a dozen lascannons to even stand a chance at doing it in one go?

Do any of you actually play the game? Prove it.

Improve this 2000 point GK list.

It's 2d6, since it can advance during both moves. They still can't assault as far, though.

Wanting to murder everyone in sight is typical to make neurology its common knowledge you fucking sexist

:) we’re coming for you GI.

belloflostsouls.net/2018/01/40k-rumors-the-next-codex-is.html

Sure thing.

/wip/ blue tack mock up of Belial. What are you lot doing?

No guilliman faggot.

Take a better faction as allies.

Working and helping my friend put together a list while I wonder if I can get the models I need painted to play this week.

Let's see your dudes!

>my dudes 2013

>my dudes 2018
Got some upgrades

>Nazi Guard player

Um, sweetie...?

But they're bound by the same shooting restrictions as their transport, no?

Are you going to give him the right weapons or is it just a counts as? either way I think it's a nice pose so far.
Still painting this guy.

Fuck off when I started my IG army I had a green fucking Codex.

Traded away the dreadnought and got a few new marines painted that aren't in this pic

FYI, is this supposed to be a "competetive WAAC" list? Cause its pretty unoptimized desu, senpai

Drop the Terminators and Paladins.
Drop the Land Raider
Drop the Techmarine

Upgrade the Dreadknight to a Grandmaster.
Fill all your Strike Squads to 10 dudes
Grab 3 units of Purgators
Have either one Razorback for each Purgator Squad, or a Rhino+Razorback
If you still have enough points leftover then, try to squeeze in either a second Dreadknight Grandmaster, or as many Interceptor Squads as you can fit.

Thats the strongest variant of a GK army. I suppose you could also grab a Stormraven or two, but that means you're probably dropping some essentials like GM dreadknights, or Purgators.

>Improve this 2000 point GK list.

1904/2000pts. So you got some wiggle room. With 8CP

Supreme Command Detachment
>GM in NDK (w/ PT, Sword, Psilencer, Psycannon)×3

Supreme Command Detachment
>GM in NDK (w/ PT, Sword, Psilencer, Psycannon)×3

Battalion Detachment
>Company Commander
>Primaris Psyker
>Infantry Unit ×3

where do you guys usually get your base materials from?

What
Dominion Repressor
Before turn 1
12”+D6”
Turn 1
12” if you want to Assault
Total 24”+D6”

Seraphims
Turn 1
AoF (assuming you get it) 12”
Move 12”
Total 24”

Repressor have the guaranteed 36”+D6” range for shooting and 24”+D6+2D6” for Assault
While Seraphims almost always get the 30” range and 24”+2D6” range

>start collecting Death Guard
>Have painted up a great chunk of it, enough to comfortably field
>Feels so stale, its just tough guys. All the weapons are the same, the spells are the same. Its getting boring.

What's a good army to consider to break the monotony of Death Guard?

>Daemon Primarch Perturabo

would be sweet desu

I've got two more sentinels to round out that unit and I think another platoon of Steel Legion minis but I have to dig them out and see what's what...

So the local tyranid asshole has taken to using 6 biovores. He moves them around on purpose to lower his chances to hit, then uses the fucking mines to block movement on half the damn board. How the fuck is that fair. They dont blow up when you get too close, they can eat smites, and since shooting is after movement he can basically pin larger units/models in place all fucking game.

I use chunks of cork I get from my local model (train) shop.

Nop.
Thanks to wording
Basically they only count as moving if the tank moved.
Everything else goes. Hell even shoot after advancing because they didn’t advance but still count a moving.
They can’t shoot into melee since they are not within 1” not could do it normally because melee

Nids for near infinite options between units

How many markerlights should you be aiming for as Tau?

You can use the index profile to run him with his other loadouts

Biovore are good, but they'll fold quickly against any sustained fire, I'd recommend some artillery of your own or a dedicated alpha strike group to try and stop them before they get rolling

Sure

Draigo 240
(gate of infinity, sanctuary)
Brother Captain w/nemesis stave + Relic storm bolter (warlord - first to the fray) 150
(gate of infinity, sanctuary)
4x10 strikes w/8 falchions+ storm bolter, 2 psilencers 214 214 214 214
(hammerhand, hammerhand, gate of infinity, gate of infinity)
1x10 interceptors w/10 falchions 250
(gate of infinity)
3x5 Purgations w/1 falchion+ storm bolter, 4 psilencers 113 113 113
(gate of infinity, astral aim, astral aim)
Razorback with twin heavy bolters 80
Razorback with twin heavy bolters 80

1995 points, 6 cps

That was easy.

Chaos Space Marines
Chaos Daemons
or
Eldar
?

Take a flyer to zoom across the board and hunt them down, or take your own artillery piece and blast them apart.

Tau
>its white
to be fair, Tau also are pretty monotone in painting
drones hit on bs5, so 3 drones (or 2 with controller) pathfinders hit on 4, so 2 pathfinders
the idea, since everything after rr1 is not good, and 5 takes to much to get, you want a reliable way to get the 1 markerlight on the target/s that you want to focusfire this round
since thats not going to be very many different targets, 1-3 reliable ML should be enough
thats 2 ML drones for each FW squad in a battallion for example, or 1-2 pathfinder squads, depending on size

I'm sorry, but how exactly is this not fair? Just throw some conscripts/scouts/insert cheap unit here at the minefield.

>he didn't go Orks

I pity you. If we get Looted Vehicles in our 8th codex, we will have God-tier levels of customization.

Chaos Space Memes.

Did you read the question? He hides them all over the map and purpously makes them miss to lay little assholes everywhere in your way. Not every army can deep strike 6 units to waste shooting one biovore each hidden behind a rock off the map to prevent this bullshit.

They are packed away and I'm too sick to get everything set up.

I swear to fuck 40k is the only game I play where trying to win makes you look like an asshole.

Sorry I'm not letting you fucking win. What the fuck kind of retarded reaction is that?

Dumb CAACfaggot.

How do you deal with heavy armor if all you have is a lot of S4-S7 shots with no AP?

You can't assault straight out of a transport, you have to disembark first. It's 12+d6" scout move, 3" disembark, and 6" move.

Pathfinders also hit on 5+ if they move, so Drone+DC is more accurate

Well then what are you playing?

Well ain't that some shit. Roll on FAQ.