>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

First for Slaanesh

We died.... for THIS??

I vill protect vu my ladiee

ARE YOU FUCKING READY FOR DEATHCASTS !?!

Reminder that bretonnians fit aos better and are more heroic looking than soycast

>Reminder that bretonnians fit aos better and are more heroic looking than soycast

you need to read the Flesh Eater Court book. The whole faction is literally a joke rip off of Bretonnians.

>every reference to knights is a reference to bretonnia

why do you even like bretonnians after finding out the lady of the lake is actually a knife ear trickster who groomed sacrificial human pawns to throw into the chaos meat grinder?

You want to play a faction that is based on a lie, and exists only to die as part of a larger knife ear scheme?

He's not actually a very good architect.

It was implied from like 6th edition, back in 2003. 15 years ago.

Also most of Warhammer factions were based on a lie or a slavery to some god or other powerful creature.

Also smacking the back of your head on those metal things would really hurt. Happens scuba diving and let me tell you its enough to say MOTHERFUCKER loudly at the seabed, muffled and bubbly.

To the Tzeentch guy looking to build an Army, I made you a list, feel free to give it a shot or share your thoughts.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

>It was implied from like 6th edition, back in 2003. 15 years ago.
it was explicitly clearly articulated in the end times books, everything I said, its canon.

Huh, I was wrong - it is still unsolved

What do you think is the measurement for "enough stormcast"? Seriously, at what point will GW be like "okay guys thats enough stormcast releases, lets just do other factions for a couple years at least". 60 units? 100 units?

So apparently, those MP trailers were done by Warhammer TV with collaboration of ADB ; he said he really started to like AOS when working on those trailers, because it allowed him to see what was coming for it (under NDA ofc). At least according to his AMA and FB-Twitter accounts.

... I have mixed feeling about this ...

Because it means that more WFB themes are going back in AOS (there is already plenty, which is logical because AOS is WFB follow up in many ways).

And yes, I love WFB lore (Mordheim, etc.), so to me this could be really cool if, those themes are properly AOSified (I guess City of Secret and Season of War have done that pretty well already) - but it also could mean that AOS becomes more "incoherent" in looks and esthetic.

One thing is sure : a part of the fantasy / AOS community wanted a return of some (more) WFB elements in AOS ; things like grimdark, peasants, cities, etc. : it could end up making the setting a bit to much low fantasy / bland, OR add cool references and realism to a sometimes too high / shallow AOS background.

Guess we'll see tomorrow (hopefully).

The change in direction was needed though, and well-received; the endless mythical stormcast epic victory-fest was SO dull.

There can never be enough references to WFB themes. An IP shouldn't turn a blind eye to its own history.

>it could end up making the setting a bit to much low fantasy / bland

I don't see it. The world of AoS is too fantastical, and hordes of undead and whatever else is going to e happening doesn't really diminish that.

I 100% agree, don't worry.

I just want this "fluff & esthetic rebalancing" between high-ish / mythical epic and low-ish / grimdark fantasy to be done properly (at least in the look of the models and in the fluff).

Model-wise, look at Silver Tower (awesome mini, especially barbarian and war priest) vs Hammerhal (repackaging and new paint scheme).

BTW I found the lore for Hammerhal 10x better (and bigger) than the Silver Tower one (even if the novel was cool).

And I agree to that also ! I think there should be more, especially loose plots form the End times (and Dracothion should be tied to Sotek or the Old ones. Anyway).

But story references and "themes" (i.e. archetypes) aren't the same thing, when you have to design a new world, I mean models, scenery, artworks and maps...

>Dracothion should be tied to Sotek or the Old ones. Anyway

Fuck that, let the universe be bigger than that.

>peasants, cities
Oh yes
>grimdark
Dear God, please fuckin no

>and Dracothion should be tied to Sotek or the Old ones. Anyway
But why?

Why would the father of dragons be tied to the god of vengeance and the race that actively demolished the dragons' ecosystem in the old world?

A high with a low shows depth, a high without a low is as one dimensional as a point

On a thematic level that would be bad and also on an opinion level that would be as shit as whatever this smell I keep smelling on this fucking train would be

Constant references to a theme that is not the same themes of the current story or setting just begs the point what the fuck was the point?

I like WFB but I got that setting for WFB I want Aos to be AoS not

"ISN'T THIS FUCKING COOL!? WE REMEMBER WHFB LOOK AT THIS THING THAT'S DIRECTLY FROM IT! HAHAHA!"

I don't mind that being a thing but is rather it not be a frequent thing

the twitch stream about army building is making the new nurgle army sound shitty.

or maybe they are explaining it badly, not discussing the good shit.

>tfw just getting into AOS for the first time
>tfw your friend is going to sell you his old Bretonnian army
>tfw be a special snowflake
God I'm so happy he was willing to sell them to me. He was happy too though, since most were unpainted/unassembled and just lying in his attic

He's gonna bring me my first 1000 points tomorrow. How does this look for a list:

>Enchantress on Unicorn

>8 Knights of the Realm
>8 Knights of the Realm
>5 Grail Knights

>Field Trebuchet

For the Lady!

Sorry, your npc army is not supported by AoS

from the stream

blight kings are 160 points
and four wounds per model

Ignore this cuck Looks fine to me user. I don’t know the specifics of any of the units, but it seems balanced enough. I’d consider swapping the trebuchet for more cavalry, but that’s me.

Sounds like a nasty nerf unless there's a lot of emphasis on synergy within the army.

>what the fuck was the point?
Moving outside of the narratives corner.

No longer there's the final apocalypse waiting everyone tomorrow, no longer factions are spatially limited, no longer high possibilities are held down by precedently arbitratred low bars.

That was the point; the point was not to destroy everything because nothing had value, or to do new shit because the old was stale and stank; the point was to break what was limiting of the old to have more of it and more next to it.

I'm not going to expect settra bursting out of nagash skeletal butt, or the green knight becoming alarielle's husband, but options like undead legions with egyptian reminiscences (like arkhan's) to increase the armies of nagash, or a subfaction of feudal looking knights shouldn't be considered out of the question for an irrational hatred towards everything that was before.

1 billion stormcast

>Dear God, please fuckin no
NOOOOOOOO

MUH COMIC BOOK UNIVERSE CANT HAVE SHADES OF BROWN N GREY

they're 20 points cheaper for a unit of 5 models. Each model used to have three wounds, now each model has four wounds. Its actually a substantial buff.

Its a huge buff.
Their wound count increased from 3 per dude to 4 per dude, and their cost went down,

Try to find the old rules for Bretonnians prior to the nerf

>they pronounce the G
The absolute state of GW

....dont I have to technically use the new rules though?

Shit misread something, thought they had Five Wounds initially. NVM.

6 gorillions

There's a section of the rules that implies using either is ok, but using the newest would be more sportsmanlike /nice with your opponents.

Try talking to your local group and see if they will let you field the old set. I found my download, so I can share it.

My brutes re roll to hit now against them. For me that's a nerf

I think I actually just found the old ones with a quick google (old one has Leoncour, right, new one has Hyppogryph King?), but thanks anyway!

Speaking of Hyppogryph Kings, would an Empire General on a Griffon with a bunch of knightly shit on him make a good proxy? I know the old model was pretty small, but I feel like a King should be riding something glorious.

I'm sure you could convert it, just don't use the twin headed model.

>doing it wrong

B-but muh huge centerpiece model...

Woah, just had a quick readthrough, the old one really is better than the new one.
Ouch. I wonder why GW felt like Brets needed a nerf like that.

So people stopped playing/wanting to play them.

>B-but muh huge centerpiece model

There is a difference between non-dichotomic setting and whfb-tier grimderp shit

"grimdark" doesn't mean "shades of brown and gray" you nonce.
It means a bucketful of thick black over EVERYTHING

>Day before the launch of huge event
>Not even a single aos community news
Why GW is so bad at building the hype?

>the launch of huge event
Where did you hear this?

We have literally no idea what malign portents is building towards, why did you assume everything starts happening when the timer runs out?

AoS is severely lacking in Unicorns.

>why do you even like bretonnians after finding out the lady of the lake is actually a knife ear trickster who groomed sacrificial human pawns to throw into the chaos meat grinder?

Because they still had to go out and kick evil's shit in to level up enough to have any kind of leadership role.
It's like Chaos, but the distant liar of a god you serve doesn't eat your soul and mutate you into a Spawn.

>ADB

Did he finally realize how much Chaos-wank was intentionally built into AoS?

AoS is the opposite of Chaos wank. Chaos jobs all the time.

>why did you assume everything starts happening when the timer runs out
Because it's stated on community site that it's a countdown to start of the "dark new age"?
>We have literally no idea what malign portents is building towards
We know. It was stated several times both on FB page and community site that MP will be a huge event both game-wise and lore-wise

If by wank you mean brutally beaten (seriously Nurgle got a proctology in plague garden)

Should I play mixed Nurgle?

sure

>sell me on narrative events aosg

I've gone to one narrative event at the local GW stone and it was a christmas themed narrative event. No points, no rules of 1, no summoning limitations.

"Points are for the waac matchplay crowd, you guys can bring 6 units so just use what you want and let's all have fun" All the tables were pushed together so you could travel from one board to another. Everyone was chaos or order and you faced off against an opponent, whoever won gave a point to their side's total (death and destruction just got assigned chaos or order loyalty). The winning faction got to choose defend or assault this huge chaos dreadfort with nurgle santa.

So guy next to me sets up 5 liberators, 3 longstrikes, 1 castellant, 1 celestant, 1 neave blacktalon, and 10 retributors. His opponent sets up Archaon, Stardrake, Nagash, Alarielle, Lord of Change, and a unit of 8 fulminators. Fair fight imo.

My opponent was on Nagash and 5 necromancers (who gave him stacking mystic shields so he was auto-passing saves even on -3 rend). He summoned blocks of 40 skeletons every turn for the whole game.

The people who showed up with 6 units from their normal armies (3 or 4 people including me) got absolutely destroyed and the people on preposterous nonsense (7 or 8) took hour long turns just spam summoning and stacking spells. Chaos won and so we were defending the dreadhold, which involved the organizers giving the losing side on any particular turn ridiculous bonuses off the tops of their heads (hmm offense is losing, you can all hero phase teleport a unit of your choice into the fort for free and then move). Hmm now defense is losing, you guys get two hero phases in a row and two free archaons.

It was such a shitshow that I had an out of body experience and became impressed that people this retarded existed in the world. The whole time they hated on "the waac crowd" while being themselves the biggest angle-shooting grognards I've ever seen in real life.

Aside from "something is happening" we don't know how big or small this event is going to be

We know next to nothing and you're getting mad that they haven't told us everything before the enigmatic countdown has ended

>why didn't they match the normal people against eachother?
Because the event runners were retarded, also the 8 insane armies just spread out to different tables to kill them anyway.

>if they gave the losing side tons of shit each turn didn't that make it "balanced"?
No, it meant that nothing you did mattered in any way.

>more "lists"
3x durthu, alarielle, 2x treelord ancient
6x thundertusks
3x20 chaos warriors and 3 nicely painted heroes.
20 irondrakes, 20 longbeards, 20 ironbreakers, 2x king, 1x runelord

If this is even close to what it was like before we had points and the rules of 1 and reinforcement limitations on summoning with GHB, I can 100% understand why early adopters hated AoS.

Jeez that sounds horrible.
Thats why you always gotta put up rules and shit for that kind of even, stuff like
>max 1 Behemoth per person
>units cant cost more than 250
>encourage to bring heroes, infantry and cavalry

My shop does a bunch of cool AOS stuff, there was a huge FFA battle a couple weeks back where the shopkeeper set the tables up all over the gaming store, but had them connected via tons of portals so you could jump your army from one table to the next. (he also put in some rules that stopped people from "blocking" portal exits.)
Each faction (Order, Chaos, Death, Destruction) had a common goal that only they knew, and ontop of that each player had a secret goal they had to achieve as well (so you could even backstab your own alliance)

That was lots of fun.

>Grey Knights in 40k
>Greenskinz in AoS

What's up with GW creating the worst armies ever?

I truly don't get why GW hates GK so much. They not only have the worst codex but also get nerfed pretty hard with faq/errata.

Here is a transcribe from all of the updates from Warhammer TV today on their twitch channel. These are directly from the new Maggotkin book so are all confirmed. Apologies if their are any spelling or grammar mistakes as this is all hand typed by myself from the live video :).

There is also a great group called Maggotkin of Nurgle on facebook now which is the unoffical group for the AOS nurgle faction. If anyone wants to join you are more than welcome.

ALLEGIANCE ABILITIES
Use the wheel from blightwar
Get a tree to setup for free in the deployment phase before sides and deployments are chosen.
tree rules (nurgle units within 7" can run and charge) It also has anohter rule i think but they did not mention it.
There is a contagion points system to summon without having to cast but do use reinforcement points for the units. However tree's are free and cost 7 contgion points to place.

COMMAND TRAITS
Rotbringer - add 2 to run and charge rolls for general.
Another trait they can have is an addtional save ignore damage on a 6+
Mortal - Overpowering Stench - The enemy must re-roll hit rolls against your general of a 6+.
Demons - Pestilent Breath - Pick a unit within 6" roll a dice for each model in target unit within 6". each model takes a mortal wound on a 5+.

The first three command traits are general and repeat over the three tables of 6 command traits for each catergory. The second three are spepcial to each table
1)start of hero phase move forward or backwards one step
2)roll a dice for in hero phase each 4+ mortal wound contagion point within 1 inch of general
3)hulking physice add 1 to wound rolls

ARTIFACTS
rotbringers - fecund flask once per battle hero drink roll dice on 2+ heal all wounds on 1 you dieturned into beast of nurgle.
Demons - re-roll hits of 6 while within 12" of the bearer.
Another one is -2 bravery to enemy units within 12"
Mortals - pick unit within 3" loss 1 from save rolls for the rest of the game. In hero phase

Matt ward made them too awesome and they have been paying for it ever since. Every change made in 8th has hurt them.
>only 1 attempt at casting a power
>points increased
>slower movement
>baby smite
>only half your units in reinforcement
>9 inch deepstrike

The only thing that they gave them was rapid fire stormbolters, which is pretty funny with draigo and that strategem that increases str and ap

SPELLS
Wheel spell all nurgle wizards know this spell. This spell lets you manipulate the wheel allegiance trait to whaever number you want from 1 to 6.
(Rotbringers) Blades of Putrification - cast on 7 pick unit within 14" hit rolls of 6 cause a mortal wound in addtiion to normal damage.
(Daemons) Glorious Afflictions - 21" cast 5. pick a visible enemy unit its move, run and charge distance is halved. Till your nexthero phase.
(Mortal) Magnificant bub? - pick enemy hero in 21" takes d3 mortal wounds and must take -1 from cast and dispell rolls till your next hero phase.

Clawing quagmire 5 to cast 14" pick an enemy unit roll a dice. If you roll equal to or higher the enemies save they take D6 mortal wounds.

UNITS
Great Unclean One and Rotigus cost 340 points.
GUO command ability pick unit within 20" plus 1 attack each until nexthero phase.
Can cast two spells aswell now.
Rotigus's spell is also roll 7 dice and pick upto 7 different visible units. infinite range. On the roll of a 4+ each unit takes D3 mortal wounds. This roll to see if it works gets worse as Rotigus gets hurt.
All great Unclean Ones still heal D3 wounds in your hero phase aswell.

Hortilux Slimux Once during battle at start of hero phase within he can place a blight tree within 3" of himself.
Horticulus lets you place a tree for free if you take him.

Plague Drones
These guys are unchanged apart from their locus
Locus if within 7" of a nurgle hero plus one attack to all their melee weapons.

Lord of Afflictions (Hero on rotfly)
7 or 8 wounds
Every unit within 3" takes mortal wound on 4+ in the hero phase.
Virulent Discharge - roll a ice for every unit within 3" in the hero phase on a 6+ they take D3 mortal wounds nurgle units heal D3
Command Ability Spear Head of Contagion - Pick a friendly Pusgoyle Blightlords unit within 7 Inches that unit gains 8" of movement till your next hero phase.

Lord of Blights
Ranged 1 attack 14"(maybe) 3+ 3+ -3 d3 damage
Gives death heads to one other unit. 14" 4+ 3+ 1 dam no rend
Command abilit pick a nurgle unit within 21" Until your next hero phase enemy get -1 to hit in shooting phase against unit. If the target unit has 20 or more models enemeis get -2 to shoot and -1 in combat

Pusgoyl. 220 points
Just a rot fly with a king on it.
They get disgustingly resilient.
7 wounds each bravery 8 move 8 inches 4+ armour save.
3 attacks each for the rider. Just like a blight king.
One in two can have a bell. Hits on a 4+ wound on a 3+ rend 2- 2dam. One attack.
Demon keyword.

Blightkings 160 points now
One extra wound each so eachone has 4 now. This means the champion has 5.

Normal Heralds are wizards (Poxbringer)
6 to cast 7" d3 mortal wounds

FORMATIONS
Thricefold befoulment formation 160 points
3 GUO's (Rotigsu counts)
re-roll hit rolls of 1 if within 7" of 1 model from the battalion. Might be like 7".
re-roll wound rolls of 1 aswell if within 7" of 2 models from the battalion.
Plague storm if model from this battalion casts plague wind while wihtin 7" it does 2 D3 damage and healing instead if within range of 2 models from the formation it does 3D3 damage or healing instead.
PLAGUE WIND - Casts on 7. Draw a line from closest point on model to an enemy model 14" range. Any unit under the line takes D3 mortal wounds or if nurgle heals D3 mortal wounds.

No name given
Blight kings lord of plagues and three blight kings.
Lord of plagues can normally makes blightkings re-roll 1's when near him they now re-roll all misses instead.
Roll a dice in the hero phase on a 6 enemy units wihtin 1" of units from the formation take D3 mortal wounds.

Their is also another formation which was described as having 3 units of pusgoyle blightlords in and a Lord of afflictions but no detials given.

Menagery of Nurgle
Has Slimux in it and they didn't say what else. However it lets Slimux place a tree every turn instead of once per game.

BATTLELINE
Plague Bearers
Blight Kings if nurgle allegiance only
Pusgoyle Blightlords If lord of afflictions is the army general (This is the hero model on a rotfly.)
Doesn't look like we got nurglings as battleline.

The locus has now changed for all units that hvae them aswell.
Loci used to trigger omly if a nearby NURGLE PLAGUEBEARER HERO was nearby only. They have now changed this to read ANY NURGLE HERO.

So we have separate abilities for mortals, rotbringers and daemons? I am allowed to use them in my pestilens army, right?

>Command abilit pick a nurgle unit within 21" Until your next hero phase enemy get -1 to hit in shooting phase against unit. If the target unit has 20 or more models enemeis get -2 to shoot and -1 in combat
If plaguebearers still have their -1 to get hit ability then this is insane

Aetherstrike BTFO

Pestilens would just be mortals.

Pestilens do not have the mortal keyword. I imagine you can bring them without breaking allegiance, but they just wont benefit from the allegiance abilities.

thank-you for your hard work

I just copypasta'd this off of a post on the AoS Fans facebook group.

Just ordered one of each of the Death Start Collecting boxes, let's have a fucking go at this age of sigmar shit then.

Be careful as they all don't synergize well with each other like FEC and rest of death

Actually, the Order of the Fly is a reference. They have their own lady that their serve above all else and partake in their own chalice quest.

In fact, I think their lady is no other than Lileath herself being taken over by Nurgle. I mean it's stated that she is older than the realms themselves.

>Lileath herself
didnt she die in at the end of the end times after blowing the last of her strength on building a secret pocket dimension to hide elves? Could have sworn thats what happened.

Pestilens dont have the MORTAL or ROTBRINGER

Verminlord Corruptors have DAEMON, though

>Blightkings 160 points now
>One extra wound each so eachone has 4 now. This means the champion has 5.
holee fuk, they got cheaper AND better. holy shit theyre good. good enough before. now theyre downright spammable

GW changed the AoS on their store already

malign portents reveal is in 13 hours, get hype!

Now let's list off 2 ends of the hype spectrum. Tell us what would make this an awesome reveal, and a disappointing one.

>awesome
A big death release with a battletome and campaign/story book

>disappointing
Another starter set of SCE vs death

Yeah, she did. But Nurgle could have snatched her soul before it ascended beyond his grasp.

awesome
>Mortals of the realm of death
>Battletome for Deathrattle
>A brand new death-posterboys faction
>New 2-player starter set
>Some unrelated start collecting boxes like Wanderers

disappointing
>just a bunch of shitty rules noone will use anyway
>no new boxed deals

Awesome
Big death release
New stormcast chamber
Big systems update for each army to have Chapter Tactics instead of costly battalions
MORE BATTLETOMES PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Disappointing
SCE take center stage again

Oh that would be cool. Even better if they are part of GA: death

40k person here, quick question.

Do the Age of Sigmar factions and unique characters have 'chapters' which prohibit them from being part of the same army?

For example, if Stormcast have Bulk Slamhead as a character, could he be from the Edgelord faction of Stormcast and not share bonuses with a second named character like Roid Meatmuscle?

Hopefully. It would be awesome if they brought back vlad and Isabella and gave death more useable battalions or whatever they're gonna call it now.

>disappointing
>Another starter set of SCE vs death
As a Death player I would be happy with a starter set of SCE vs Death with new Death models.

>Oh that would be cool. Even better if they are part of GA: death

im still convinced its deathcast

>Actually, the Order of the Fly is a reference. They have their own lady that their serve above all else and partake in their own chalice quest.

Yeah, they couldn't be referencing King Arthur and the Holy Grail, must be Bretonnia.

generally no, the stormhosts can be intermingled almost without restrictions and are there for flavor and modeling fluff. Some have battalions that are all from a particular stornhost, but again, Your Dudes can be from whatever and can use those rules whether they're painted as Celestial Harbingers or not.

For non-sce armies, you can be a mixed goodstuff/thematic force that can pick whatever from your grand alliance (order, chaos, destruction, death), or you can specialize in, say, Kharadron Overlords with their own powers that you get for limiting yourself in such a way (though you still get a 20% of your poitns worth of allies, which can be chosen from a list that your army are friends with).

You heard them, Veeky Forums, Be Prepared.