If you gave a legless cripple a pair of peg legs made from witches brooms, would that give them the ability to fly?

If you gave a legless cripple a pair of peg legs made from witches brooms, would that give them the ability to fly?
>inb4 depends on the setting
Would you allow it in your setting?

You have a whole board for talking about anime. You don't need to do it on Veeky Forums.

They'd essentially be strike witches

I'd allow it.

Why cut off your legs, when you could just tie them to your legs?

>Have an idea
>An anime did it already kinda
f-fuck
At least those where more magi-tech WWII plane engine boot things. I'm talking about taking a straight up broom meant for sweeping and flying and using them as a replacement for someone's legs. Would they need to keep the straw bit on for it to work properly?

>Be wizard
>Make pact with demon for power
>Demon comes for my soul
>chicken out and say he can take any other part of me besides my soul
>wake up with no legs

It's not a quest, so it's okay.

In One Piece the character Shiki cut off his own legs to escape from prison then straped his swords to the stumps

If you gave a armless cripple a pair of peg arms made from witches brooms, what now?
What about four brooms quadriplegic person?
What about horse with legs cut off and replaced with brooms?

Silly newfag, /qst/ isn't just for quests anymore. It's for Veeky Forums threads that our mod isn't personally interested in.

Not really. You'd have to specifically make prosthetic legs that were able to fly.

It might be a rule of cool sort of thing, but something bothers me about the idea. Imagine taking a magic sword that kills undead, breaking the hilt off of the blade, and attaching the hilt to a peg leg. Does that mean you should be able to kick the undead to death? No, because you've broken the item apart, and if the sword were to shatter in battle it's not as if its shards would still be lethal anti-undead weapons.

Good thing this thread’s about brooms, because we need something to sweep all this salt away with.

Only if they were capable of using a witches' broom in the first place.

>Veeky Forums threads that our mod isn't personally interested in
Don't necessary go to /qst/. I've seen things shuffled to /pol/, /trash/, /v/ and /a/. So far.
It's almost as if there were no real rules about moderation.

Wow, that's the dumbest demon ever. I hope it got fired for not taking something ironic like your hands or your voice.
>but metamagic feats
Only exist in D&D, and it still forces you to use a higher-level spell slot.

Are you sure it wasn't a djinn?
And was it really your soul he asked for at first?

He may have asked for soles, which explains why things went down that way.

Not if he doesn't have flying ointment.

>Don't necessary go to /qst/. I've seen things shuffled to /pol/, /trash/, /v/ and /a/. So far.

I'm still trying to figure out why threads like Field Kit Inspection was moved to /qst/ but CYOAs are still on this board. The only reason I can come up with is that our mod is a CYOA fan, so he wants to keep those threads around.

No, a witches broom looses its ability to fly if it's destroyed. Making legs from the wood of a witches broom wouldn't allow them to fly.

Yeah, but he can levitate, so the sword-legs don't really matter. He's not putting weight on them.

No, because

a) You need to be a witch to use a flying broom over prolonged periods of time, they require maintenance
b) Flying brooms is magic art passed down by hags to mortal witches, they are not allowed to tamper with them in ways that fundamentally change them
c) The form of the broom is essential to its aerodynamics, somehow

That might be pretty hard to control i imagine, so unless you are specifically aiming at maneuverability, flying mortar is easier and more economically sound choice.

no because 'mounting' the broom is part of the spell. the broom itself isn't inherently magical, it is basically just a material component. that's not to say that some brooms can't be enchanted too but it isn't strictly necessary.

Even if worked you would look pretty dumb just flying around with your legs dragging your body behind them.

I don't understand, what's the difference between quest and CYOA?

Ones a job and ones mental illness.

This is some badass looking broom.

Yes but...
>if the pair are made from one broom they can only fly half as high and half as fast
>either way must train before can fly properly
>natural one on a fly roll causes the pegs to detach and fly away until gravity or collision

>sigh in relief when your dick is still in place

No, but I'd let them levitate. This is a neat idea. Thank you.

t. Yudkowsky

A quest is freeform roleplaying, done in collaboration between the author/OP and other commenters.
A Veeky Forums "CYOA" is a list of choices, meant to serve as the springboard for someone's daydreaming.
A real-world CYOA ("Choose Your Own Adventure") is a gamebook. On each page, you have some options. Pick an option and go to the corresponding page in the book.

Naw, the structure of the broom is important to the enchantment, besides the fact that it would be really unstable even if it could.