/CYOAG/ CYOA General

Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu Previous Thread: It was no good.
>old favourites edition

Previous thread:

Let's just post a pretty good CYOA I had saved. You guys like pretty good CYOAs, right?

Current thread:

A future post that may or may not be in the next thread: Another candidate:

Would anyone be interested in a version of the Yandere sorceress cyoa where you actively take part in the fight and are equipped to due so? Maybe all characters will be just "adventurers" this time and not necessarily witches.

How so? Do i get to choose my stuff/skills?

Sounds potentially interesting.

I liked Zodiac Brides too

And all companions are yanderes of varying flavour? Sounds fun. Maybe you could make something like Hero Academy.

It would kind of just become a Yandere flavoured Zodiac Brides when you think about it yeah.

Sounds good. Who cares that there's similar works before.

It could work like that, but the thing is my design philosophy is that too many choices drain the player, especially if they aren't very meaningful. Basically I like short and sweet. So I was thinking of maybe having your ability tied to the girls you pick. (For instance, they would have a set of spare magical equipment to gift you.)

If not I could also do it the traditional way.

Many concepts are. Depends on the execution.

Did Zodiac Brides have Yanderes? Because that is kind of important.

I'm not familiar with Hero Academy. (I might have played it and just forgot, though. Post it? Also in what particular way do you think it could potentially be similar?

Alright so you already made it different from Zodiac Brides with that idea. Good job.
If you go for it, I hope you have a lovely eldritch themed one.

>It could work like that, but the thing is my design philosophy is that too many choices drain the player, especially if they aren't very meaningful. Basically I like short and sweet. So I was thinking of maybe having your ability tied to the girls you pick. (For instance, they would have a set of spare magical equipment to gift you.)
Sounds good to me go for it m8

I'm a real fuck-up
I hope it exported correctly this time

For all those coming later, seeing just this post:
He posted OC.

looks so fucking nice
yet lacks writing

You mean the OP?

>Enigma
>Death
>Forlorn
>Kill It

Liking this one. It's not really a CYOA, but it feels just the right amount of melancholic.

>Him
>Twins
>Weary
>Find them

Meant for

Why is it not a cyoa?

>Zodiac Brides D
Your CYOA is more fun.

Hey, can I get the Berserk Apostle CYOA please, I can't find it in the pastebin.

I don't want any waifus to get hurt

But mine is a masochist. Wouldn't it be cruel to not hurt her?

Dunno, it's hard to put into words. It's very suggestive, but it feels a bit like I'm just choosing the ending to an already written story. Maybe it's because of the amount of detail each of the choices go into.

>Your CYOA is more fun

Then I think I'll follow
's admission
and just have the Player's combat ability be an extension of the girls you pick. Hopefully that will make the choices more meaningful without dragging the cyoa out too much as well as give the player more agency.

I'm just thinking that now if the player can fight too then that will make the usual "You can pick 2 but are at some disadvantage" less of a meaningful con. So I think I'll increase the disadvantage, especially if picking two girls will give you twice the personal combat ability.

On a side note it's a bit difficult to constantly think of novel yandere quirks and claims. Though I do have a few already down on paper that I'm happy with. CYOAs really are a wonderful manifestation of creativity. All these character traits would be wonderful to use in a story. I often wonder how they would interact in various settings.

I wanted to make them vague and not that detailed though

What about your (and the girls') utility/non-combat magic?

>old favourites edition
Old favorites huh? Well, everybody loves Nemesis!

I'll look to it with a smile, Lunar!

hello tok

tok I have a question

Hi user!

I was going to leave it unchanged, or maybe I'll just give the player the same utility as their girl(s.)
By the way, you mean preparation ability by utility, right? Such as alchemy/divination? That's what I'm talking about.

I know it might seem boring to just have the same preparation ability as your choices, but I'm already afraid it will start feeling like a wall of text because I have to add the player's ability on to each girl.

Thank you. I'll be expecting a build from you, user, and will work hard to fulfill your expectations.

Are you a Yandere Patrician as well?

can you look at the first oc I made?

>tok I have a question
So what's your question?

>By the way, you mean preparation ability by utility, right? Such as alchemy/divination? That's what I'm talking about.
No, I meant magic with non-combat-related uses.

>can you look at the first oc I made?
Sure I will give it a look as soon as I'm finished posting Nemesis.

Was this original? Where did you draw inspiration from? I really liked the idea of the being splitting off certain parts of itself, the parts it deems unneeded. It really lends itself to potential world building quite well.

Maybe "detailed" isn't the right word. More like "specific"? The choices don't go into much detail as to how things happened, but at the same time they feel a bit too specific for me to imagine my own story from it. It's still a neat feeling, though.

Tok youre a fag but is there any possibility you'll make a harem builder CYOA where the art style isn't all anime? Asking for existential philosophy

Can someone post Through A Dark Forest or others by the same author? Like pic related

Name: Lindaswen Thereliel (goes by Lindas)

>Lunestier

>Arcane Magic x3
>Summoning Magic x3
>Tactics x3
>Magic Refinement
>Maneuvers x2

>Valerie Bluewood
>Allyce Westhold
>Crale Edwards
>Tennie Northbreed

>The Great Hunt (every year)
>Security
>Bodyguard

>Art/Music
>Paranormal Research

>Bookworm

I was a orphan adopted by Lunestier groundskeeper. A teacher saw that I have strong innate magical skills. So I got accepted in the prestigious magical school.

Hopefully with my summoning magic and tactics I can basically become a general of my own magic army and I can use arcane magic to protect myself and support my army. After graduation my friends and I can go on quests to find treasures and lost knowledge and help protect peasants and kingdoms. After I become stronger, I can take over a old castle as base and start small Queendom of magical creatures summoned from the different planes. Then become a famous mercenary company and have my magic army help settle conflicts in exchange for extravagant gifts and titles.

Eventually have more titles than all those pompous spoiled students at school who wouldn't except me because I'm "poor" and "low class"

Bad cyoa.

In that case I won't be going out of my way to make sure every girl has out of combat use for her magic, but in the past divination could have uses like lottery winning, etc and such features may find their way into the next one. I'll see if I can give them schools of magic that give them such utility, though.

How about giving the reader a choice of such utility magic, separate from whichever girl(s) they might pick?

>Patrician
So many types! But you can only have one.

>Through a Dark Forest
Loved that one. The author really nails the balance between extreme challenges and powers to overcome them. Anyway, reposting my build.

>Dream of the Lantern – Immortal Light
>Distant Star
>Nothing

>Seek the Sunrise

>Labyrinth
>Hunted
>Titans of the Dark
>Silence in the Night

>Dark Sight
>Night Hearing
>Shadow Step
>Scavenger
>Polyglot

>Swaddled Enigma

>Tin Ring
>Rag Doll
>Esoteric compass

No matter how many times I'll return back to square one. No matter how many times I am mercilessly crushed underfoot. No matter how many giants I must topple, monsters I must claw my way free from. No matter how strong the crushing realization that I may be the last human down here grow, with my only companions being a monster amongst monsters and a hidden killer. No matter how many centuries it may take, I will crawl out of this pit and find the sunrise I seek. For, no matter the obstacle, I shall never have to face it alone.

So I've asked this before but I still can't quite pinpoint it, what made Adventures in the Orient so memorable compared to my other stuff?

I felt like it embodied the most of the cookie-cutter method I've used before.

Because everyone here is a weeb, so Asian themed cyoas are more popular.

I can't say either, but I greatly enjoyed it and was wondering if AitO v2.0 is still something you were considering

Slowpoke, but I really enjoyed this one: it's simple, but that works to its favour. Not sure who the author is, but props to their world-building.

And the MB!

>Because everyone here is a weeb, so Asian themed cyoas are more popular.
Huh I had an idea for a reverse Dark Souls CYOA with an Asian theme, might keep that written down for later then.

Undecided as of yet, the current work on Fantasy Nation Builder V.2.0 still must go on.

Certainly if I do remake it, I'll be adding a lot more things to it, and I'd probably start with a remake of ALL my old stuff (but this is a big IF).

>I'm a real fuck-up
It's okay, we all are. We love you anyway.

It's a beautiful CYOA, by the by. Maybe a bit heavy on the glow effect for the body text, but not so much as to be illegible. The black text is difficult to read, but I suspect that was intentional.

thanks

>Was this original?
Yes and no, I made the story, but it was a slight retelling of a story I had already written. The original story is more tragic and disturbing, it played a major part of the role playing campaign which I was a GM for. Remember that I said that Battle Sluts is heavily based on a combat system I made for scratch for a roleplay, it's the same roleplay I made the story for. The combat system is simplified in Battle Sluts tho, but the core mechanics are the same.

>Tok youre a fag
I guess.
>But is there any possibility you'll make a harem builder CYOA where the art style isn't all anime?
It's very possible, I did Nemesis and Enslaved and they don't have the anime style, I like western art, but it got to fit in with the theme of the CYOA. Saw Bright recently and I really liked the setting, very few movies do justice to contemporary fantasy. Might do something inspired from Bright, but I donno, I got a lot of ideas swirling around in my head, but I just wanna focus on finishing Lewd Horror.

You forgot to respond to this guy.
He seems cute

Make one where you get a modern fantasy harem due to being an executive of Escapism Corp©
After seeing bright I wanted to cum inside Tikka and make her feel my Big Human Cock. Its nothing less than the eternal (((elf))) deserves

Great build user it's quite similar to mine I also like the idea of fighting the darkness and lighting it no matter what. I think that CYOA maker has the best notion of how to capture a proper feel for their setting that I've seen yet

this was posted last thread and i didn't get around to posting my response on it.
BASICS:

Architecture: European Historic (gimme that curiosity)

Stores:
The Heretic's Library (gimme that magic)
Abandoned Store (gimme that whatever I happen to need)
Irregular Grocery (gimme that weird shit)
The Bar Between Floors (gimme that truth)

Furniture & Appliances:
Multi-Fauceted Sink (gimme that everything liquid or gaseous)
Dessicated Hand (gimme that tax help)
Occupied Mirror (gimme that friend who writes in mirror fog and speaks in hands)
First Aid Kit (gimme that EMT-grade lifesaving)
Sentient Microwave (gimme that food because i can't fucking cook for shit)
Watchful Moose (gimme that protection)

Friends:
Bathtub Mermaid (gimme that fish)
Ancient Witch Irina (gimme that magic)
Apartment Janitor (gimme that repair)
Apartment Gargoyle (gimme that stone puppy)
Demon Falfarafax (gimme that co-op player)
The Changeling (gimme that poor precious fairy)
Basement Apparition (gimme that embroidering)
Hallway Wanderer (gimme that time traveller)
Yarn Spider's Nest (gimme that guidance)
Father Alyosha (gimme that counseling)

Additional +9 all spent on this chart from Hostile Phenomena:
Paranormal Maniac (gimme that irony)
The Housefather (gimme that soul science)
Hemophilic Avery (gimme that blood)
Delving Adventurer (gimme that loot)
Arm in the Basement (gimme that advice)
Scarlet Youth in Paint (gimme that study buddy)
Girl Behind the Door (gimme that ghostfriend)
Marxist Mice (gimme that russian stuff)
Stair Standing Stones (gimme that warding)

(1/?)

The art style is thematic and simplistic, I like it. The mechanics are straight forward and fits the story telling theme you're going for and it also matches the 1 page CYOA format.

As a CYOA author I pride myself on being excellent at using pictures to represent my options and I think that you did really really well in this aspect, partly because of the abstract nature of the CYOA, but the blurry images fitted perfectly with the kind of story you told. A lot of authors are really fucking bad at using images, like there was a CYOA that described a spider tying you up in spider web and leaving you there for other predators to find and abuse you and the picture which represented the option was of a spider raping someone wrapped in spider web and pumping them full with eggs. Like the image did not fucking match what was described in the option. The player should always see exactly what they get from the option when they look at the image. You did excellent in this aspect, you had vague and mysterious descriptions which was matched with images which blended in and added to the mystique.

It's a short and sweat sad CYOA, the story telling is very arbitrary and open for imagination, very artistic and poetic. It's definatly a very unique and original CYOA. I'm not really a fan of this kind of CYOAs tho, but it's well made and I would say it's defiantly a high quality CYOA. But it's not for me, I like more concrete and well defined options. When it comes to 1 pages CYOAs I like to know exactly what I get and then I like to figure out how I can power game the shit out of the options I picked. A vague and arbitrary CYOA likes yours leave no room for that, like if I am given a lot of room open for interpretations, I am always really hard on myself and I self restrict myself harshly. But it's a nice CYOA, I hope you make more and make a name for yourself. I'm not saying this to be nice, since I'm not a nice person. You're good and you have talent, make more CYOAs.

Paranormal Phenomena:
Unremarkable Jack (gimme that antimemetic camoflague guy)
Odd-Jobs Listing (gimme that money)
Bashful Haunt (gimme that friendly poltergeist)
The Illustrated Stalls (gimme those phone numbers)
The Stairwell Windows (gimme that view)
The Stairs to the End (gimme that apocalypse)
Infinity Loop Staircase (gimme that shortcut)
The Infinity Line (gimme that work transportation)
Outdoor Courtyard (gimme that imagination)

Hostile Phenomena:
Recurring Suicide (gimme that consistent and easily avoidable hazard)
Courtyard Chapel (gimme that other consistent and easily avoidable hazard)
Phantom Passenger (gimme that irrelevant hazard)

Now for my plans regarding this place:
I'll be using the Infinity Line for transportation to and from work - I don't own a car, therefore, the Phantom Passenger hazard doesn't affect me (though I'll warn any visitors).
I'll be perusing the Heretic's Library on occasion to look in particular for tomes about the basics of learning magic. Maybe within a few years I'll be able to do my own. I'll ask Ancient Witch Irina if I have any questions whenever I happen to do errands for her. The Arm in the Basement might be able to give me recommendations on books that could prove helpful.
I'll be doing testing on my anomalous sink - how many sub-intervals is one turn divided into? Halves? Fourths? This is important to know - precision is critical to accurate results.

(2/?)

Over time, I'll use my computer skills to develop a program that uses changes in a camera's view to process input. While that sort of program is normally used for parapilegics (using eye movement), I'll be using it alongside 1) a specially-commissioned and strangely-shaped painting of a keyboard and 2) a specially-commissioned and strangely-shaped mirror, to 1) let the Scarlet Youth in Paint interface with a desktop computer and 2) let the Dead Girl in the Bathroom Mirror interface with a desktop computer, so that they can both use the internet.
It'll probably be pretty clunky at first while I refine it, but I figure if the keyboard is depicted from a certain angle, it'll be possible for the system to tell not only which keys their fingers are on, but whether they're pressed down or not. Set the whole stations up somewhere with consistent lighting, and they're prettymuch set (though of course I expect to have to help out with any computer problems that crop up). Number 2 will only be possible if the dead girl is confined not to "this specific mirror which happens to be in a room which is my bathroom" but to "the mirror(s) that are in this specific room which happens to be my bathroom".
I'll also see if I can't get the Bathtub Mermaid and the Dead Girl in the Bathroom Mirror to be friends, the latter in particular is probably lonely and the former could really use some help coming out of her shell. Sign language lessons from Dead Girl in Mirror are not out of the question for me.
Also, the Bashful Haunt - could easily be friends with both the Mermaid and the Dead Girl, thanks to the poltergeist's ability to write messages. Might have to get another comp with a net connection for the poltergeist to use.

(3/? brb)

Her others invisible kill it
I'm not sure what I should get out of this

Tok man ... are you alright? Do seem to be yourself.

cyoa it looks like your shitposting has finally been rewarded
how will you take it?

Thanks man I wasn't really expecting such a long and well thought-out reponse to this little experiment I made.

I understand that the vague nature of this cyoa might put some people off but I wanted to try a sort of writing that I haven't seen done in a long time in this community.

About my images, I decided to write my descriptions around the images I found maybe that's why it fit so well together

Thanks for your input, I'll continue making cyoas for sure

>You forgot to respond to this guy.
I took time to look at his CYOA and it couldn't awneser fast, also his reply need more space for text. >After seeing bright I wanted to cum inside Tikka and make her feel my Big Human Cock.
pic related

>Flower Childe
>Songbird (Wingman)
>Lion's Mane

SPD 10 MOB 8+2 STA 8+2 DUR 10
>Multirole
>Heavy engine
>Titanium
>Moderate
>Variable geometry
>Compact

>Stealth Rank 3
>Optics Rank 2
>ECM Rank 2
>ECCM Rank 1
>Takeoff landing Rank 3
>Sensors Rank 2
>Hud Rank 2

>Countermeasures
>SARH Missile
>ALR Missile
>Micro missiles
>Small unguided bomb x2

I'l take the box

Visually attractive and interestingly written. It doubles as good ink for the pen; one could develop a story quite easily out of the choices here.

Good work. What shall we call you, to associate a name with your particular style? Narrator?

I am called Play-Doh on the discord

Not to forget the Changeling, precious child in need of friends. On a weekend, I'll see if I can't get her a meeting with Father Alyosha - it sounds like she could use his help. Might have to post signs around specifically reserving the elevator for Alyosha's talks during certain times on certain weekend days.

If my microwave wants an internet connection I might have to get a hardware specialist in to hook him up. I might have to draw the line at that.

Side note on the Ghost Next Door: Might want to figure out why exactly she can't leave, see if we can figure out what the rules are and if there's a way to circumvent them. All else fails, see if Irina can get me some specialized teleportation incantations.

In my off-time, if nothing else is going on or I'm feeling like it, I'll play co-op games or maybe even do lets-plays with good ol' Falfarafax (I'll probably shorten it to Fax and make an occasional godawful "True Fax" pun). I might ask him to fact-check stuff that the Housefather tells me about souls.

I'll try to make time for the time-travelling hallway wanderer - maybe learn more about the nature of her properties. Timey-wimey stuff is always a risky business, though, so I understand if she can't tell me without breaking time.

The Stairwell Windows and Stairs to the End are probably side projects to look into "if I ever get around to it" or if I happen to see something particularly interesting. Another side project would be to find applications for the Infinity Loop Staircase - there must be something we can do with a place like that, I'm sure I'll think of something.

(4/?)

Congratulations. Box Wine is now your waifu. Take her.

Very good; good work, Play-Doh.

One of my more major side projects will be to deal with the Recurring Suicide hazard. If I happen to have nothing major going on, I'll see if I can work out some way to resolve it. Step 1 will probably be to leave a message at the location. Going up blindfolded, while risky, might let me interact with her before she jumps. This whole thing in general would really be a play-by-ear (no pun intended) - each new piece of information requires re-evaluating the situation - if I seem to have been cursed, don't repeat whatever I last did unless I run out of leads.

Introduce the Yarn Spiders to the Basement Apparition, maybe get some back-and-forth going with those two bunches. Could tie a string down the staircase between floors for them to use to send stuff up and down.

The Paranormal Maniac seems to have some trouble understanding others, and seems to have an attitude that the building takes issue with - it might be worthwhile to try to calm her down a bit.
See if I can send some of Avery's blood in to a lab to find out if there's anything potentially unusual besides that condition of hers. If the condition doesn't harm her at all, I see no other problems with it.

The Marxist Mice might not appreciate my being part of capitalist society, but if they're really easygoing it might not be too hard. As for Unremarkable Jack, he seems to be an anti-meme. I'll challenge the writers over on the SCP Foundation to come up with a way to figure out how to handle him. I've got a solid memory and will log every phone number that appears in one of the stalls in a notebook for future reference.

(5/5)

There's a post in the /trash thread where you belong that deserves your bully CYOA.

mystery box
better the more you've posted

Is this the face of box wine?