Kingdom Death General - /kdm/

Countdown to Expacs Edition

Disappeared into a crack in the ground: >What is Kingdom Death: Monster?
Monster is a board game about surviving in the darkness. You play a bunch of cavemen stuck inside the world of the Kingdom Death, a setting full of freaky (and sometimes psycho-sexual) monsters.

Prologue Narration: [YouTube] Kingdom Death: Monster - Prologue (embed)

This game has 3 phases.
1. You hunt down monsters for resources
2. Fight them
3. Return to your settlement with the goods
Your goal is to arm your survivors and grow your settlement over 25-30 'lantern years', overcoming the odds that are against you.

A maximum of 25-30 sessions are expected for a successful campaign. Shorter campaigns will be available in 2019-2020.

>tl;dr
It's basically Warhammer Quest meets Monster Hunter meets Berserk.

>Official Sites
kingdomdeath.com/
twitter.com/kingdomdeath

>1.3 Rulebook
mega.nz/#F!WpB0VJhB!KS3q6INY0vT8IPdtKc9aPQ

>Official FAQ and Living Glossary
kingdomdeath.com/faq/
kingdomdeath.com/wp/living-glossary/

>Other
Official build guides: build.kingdomdeath.com/
Upgrade 1.3 to 1.5 guide: kingdomdeath.com/wp/upgrade-to-1-5-edition/
Unofficial lore and miniature build guides: vibrantlantern.com/
ART OF DEATH artbook: kingdomdeath.com/downloads/kdm-artbook-web-high.zip
1.5 Core Game and 1.3 expansion miniature info image: i.imgur.com/t0clW3a.jpg (embed) (embed)
Gambler's Chest (coming in 2nd half of 2018) miniature info image: i.imgur.com/A64r2Ar.jpg (embed) (embed)

>Thread FAQ (Last updated 16th of December)
pastebin.com/raw/V9sMmLJJ (embed) (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TdDeaARsI4Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>(embed) (embed) (embed)

Sorry for off topic, I normally don't come to this thread, but the OP image caught my eye. Mind if I ask who the artist is? I honestly feel like I've seen that artist before but I can't remember who it is, and it's driving me crazy.

God damn it, I literally just glued my skin onto Intimacy Female's thigh

Glue your skin onto all her exposed flesh.

>giving her monstrously huge callouses
no

Oh she's gonna be callused after Intimacy Male is done with her.

I see that there was a 1.5 rules update recently.
Are the 1.5 update kits only available to kickstarter backers? Will I have to spend another US $400+shipping if I want that Gold Smoke Knight and hardcover rulebook?

At some point the upgrade pack should be available to buy. And it is worth it just to have the extra little black box to keep all the rulebooks in - perks of being a 1.0 backer.

Lokman drew the Anonymous Survivor there, likely did the others since he's one of the main artists.

1.5 Update kit isn't being sold because people would stupidly buy it not realizing it's not the full game. There MIGHT be a retail release of it after wave 2 ships.

Please use this info next time:
Reposting to whoever makes next OP doesn't forget.

>those three british fucks are going to fight the phoenix at first opportunity with garbage weapons and incomplete rawhide sets

i for one am glad that they will fucking die at a hunt for once. like i am still surprised how lucky they got at the butcher and only had deads at the end of his fight

King's man followed by Murder followed by Regal visit means we lost ten survivors in one session. But at least we've got Clan of Death so the next generation won't be too gimped.

>not using your fresh Unnamed survivors as Crazy bersekers with only a skull helm, bone earrings And skullhead clubs.

If any survive You can get club specialization And make lantern set viable.

>10 deaths
>10 basic resources

Weew lad, you did pick canabalize right?

Incomplete? They have two complete rawhide sets (you can see in the video). And have king spear and now a counter weighted axe, which are more than enough for a level 1 phoenix. Add to that the Red Fist fighting art and they have enough strength to take it on.

No, graves. Which is fine, we're already swimming in resources. Never saw the appeal of cannibalize when the antelope exists.

Which british fucks?

So what do we know about the setting? I get that a lot of it is meant to be mysterious, but if you dark souls shit and piece things together, what do you get?

The Beasts of War guys who are putting out more videos of the campaign play through.

What house rules (if any) do you guys use when playing with the Spidicules expansion? I'm debating buying the set from the shop to spice up our core game while we wait for the other expansions to get restocked.

I'd recommend that either it shouldn't replace Screaming Antelope (technically possible; "Add" it to an existing campaign after Endless Screams has already been triggered), or it should drop resources at the 1.5 Antelope level. You're really hamstringing yourself if you have to deal with that fucking spider AND don't get the loot pinata.

How are you swimming in anything at that point of the game? Sure the antelope is a piƱata, but you should be using almost all of your stuff to craft every year

Alright, we already were planning to indeed use it as an addition instead of replacing the antelope. I've heard some of the events (mostly rivals and taken popped up) are an absolute pita, would you suggest we keep those in as is?

I mean, they hurt, but this is Kingdom Death. You roll with it.

Young Rivals is a guaranteed death (of a male survivor with at least 1 hunt XP) but it only happens once.

Taken is kind of bullshit, but less so than a lot of people think: if someone is already Taken when you kill a Spidicules, you (attempt to) rescue them and DON'T take a new character. So assuming you don't let the goddamn spider keep someone the whole way, you're only down a hunter in the interval between odd and even Spidicules hunts, assuming you don't roll like shit.

The Season of the Spiderling settlement event hurts, holy fuck, but I think it's still less of a bitch than Murder, Plague, or possibly Cracks in the Ground so fuck it. Silk Storm isn't even that bad.

We've had Clinging Mist just before King's Man in our last settlement, so we came home to our new settlement with three armour sets (rawhide, lion and antelope) and almost all of a lvl2 Antelope's ressources. We've been hunting lvl2 monsters almost exclusively since. Obviously, until that string of deaths, we were doing extremely well, and even losing our best survivors isn't too bad.
Yet we still lost to the King's Man this time around, because I don't want to spoil the game for the other players so I let them decide everything.

With such small twinky ass I doubt it. Fucking power comes from the hips.

I don't really understand what's helpful about Clinging Mist?

Roll high, either go on another hunt (getting more resources) or take your returning survivors to the First Story of a new settlement with all their gear and the resources you're carrying intact, granting you a New Game+, probably with much better odds of reaching the end.

>just roll high
I've gotten it 3 times and only rolled 4 5 and 6 which is pretty close to do nothing

IIRC that one's not bad for getting White Secret on a character if you don't care about their crits. 'course you have to have ammonia for that.

My Freaking God
You guys weren't shitting around when you said that the young survivor is fiddly as fuck.

It took me 2 hours to make her, and during most of the curing time I managed to put together the old survivor.

I hope that future models will be made like the old guy because I don't think I can handle another one.

Also on another note
Anyone up for a shota survivor and a granny survivor?

Technically, there'll be two boy minis in the Gambler's Box (the one with the dad mini, and the Axerman potato), but they're younger than the Young Survivor's teen.
Granny survivor would be pretty nice.

On an unrelated note, I wish the game had staves. I love them as weapons and I wish there were other polearms.

Technically it doesn't have to replace antelope either. It only says recommended.
"we recommend you replace" yadda yadda.

Also I always add it year 3 and ignore the +1 hunt xp rule. It's too damning.

I will never see a naked woman IRL - the game.

Always wonder if you guys would like this game as much if some gal would let you hump her now and then.

The cheesecake isn't even the draw of the game. Only for libidocucks.

also i dont think there a re female thin and simultaneously thick enough IRL

>cheesecake isn't even the draw of the game
speak for yourself

That's fine by me, i prefer boys anyways

LIBIDOCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

>speak for yourself
Ok. Young Survivor (male) WHEN?

best girl comin' through

that feel when no qt pondscum gf

But she's a fucking NEET.
With no friends.
And she has a weird bisexual thing going on where she tries to act slutty but comes off as deranged around men, and around women she loses all sense of personal space.

Get out with your memery crap.

Close, very close...

I have painted the prologue survivors, the white lion, the antelope, the butcher, and the Kings Man

Should my next target be the hand? Or is it time I upgraded my survivors?

Make some survivors for the white lion and antelope items, then do the hand and the phoenix.

I'm no lesbian.

facebook dot com BadgerAir posts/1585389394872079

Incase anyone is interested.
also
>aol

Incase is interested? I haven't seen any KD art from him...

Midgets are not for fug

>Its a "This game is only popular because of pin-ups" episode

I bet you don't think the scale and scope or setting have anything to do with KDMs massive success, either.

>It's a "Autists won't ignore the most common and obvious troll this thread gets" episode

I bet you don't think this post is bait either.

>if beasts of war had charisma
youtube.com/watch?v=TdDeaARsI4Y

I don't give a flying fuck for this game and it's lore, but damn the art looks nice

BoW honestly look like they smell fucking horrible

I hope that isn't directed at me (BoW answer to Guy Fieri)?

Are you the fat autist or the bald retard? Those are the two I'm thinking of.

No I'm the skinny spiky white haired English fag.

And having worked part time in a GW store while I did my undergrad studies, there are certainly worse places to be. I've kicked a few regulars out of the store for stinking.

Oh ok, in my head you've always been "that scene kid who seems to legitimately enjoy games unlike the rest of the (((cast)))" Do they smell as bad as I assume they do?

The only thing that most of the team has an odour of is vapes. And before then it was tobacco.

Scene kid is also amusing description given I am almost 35. So I will take that as a compliment!

>almost 35
never ever would have guessed that

There are already granny models as well, most notably the 80year old Savior model.

Obvious bait, but always worth nothing that this game is incredibly popular with women in comparison to the norm.

You're not going to get away with putting off painting the Phoenix forever, user. Embrace the halo!

Thanks for reminding me to commission some cowtits from him.

Cling to your youth with all your might, lest you lose it.

Just fought the Butcher for the second time today and has anyone else noticed how many moods that fucker has? I use to think that the cat harp was useless but now I'm never going to his showdown without it again.

I don't even have all the minis assembled! I can put off the Phoenix for much longer, at least until I get my airbrush fixed

But...but the awesomeness that can result from Murder is worth it

And part of why I don't do anything to houserule the event away (the rest is pride)

>first 3 hunts, 2 lions and an antelope
>2 total hide
>innovated once, and made a rawhide headband
>that's it, just nothing but bone and more bone and more bone.
>Can't innovate, can't make anymore bone weapons, can't tech to weapon crafter
>can only make more and more skull helmets
>wondering if we should switch to People of the Skull before the Butcher fight.

sounds like you're pretty boned

I never noticed before the Lion God has such luscious lips

The cat harp is worth it for the survival alone

>Dick Sucking Lips on the Lion God
Most thematic thing I've heard in a long time.

I use that brush for tanks and stuff. Pretty easy to clean and overall a good airbrush. Pair with a Craigslist compressor for $50-75

An ex-girlfriend of mine is the one who got the game and invited me to come play it along with her husband, and a current partner of mine. So. Hey.

I don't see the problem.

>not getting 13 resource draws from the antelope level1

>not drawing literally every non-hide card from both the antelope deck and the BR deck

>Anyone up for a shota survivor

Don't enable the trolls. The taste of (You)s is luring, but we have this Anonymous thing for a reason.

If you're going to make a shota survivor then you might as well give up and write smut for KDM then.

I would love to see IDs implemented for about a month. The number of pol/sjw/sexism posts would plummet.

>turning 4 chan into reddit
In the end, it wouldn't be worth it, and you know it. Anonymity is a double edged sword, but dodging bait is as simple as not giving a (you). We just need to teach the morons this lesson and everything becomes perfect.

He means the IDs that pol already has

You are a libidocuck.

Fuck off retard.

Quiet today.

I feel like there's a monster that really fucks with sound and is associated with eerie silence either in the current expansions or previewed somewhere, but I can't remember what that would be.

Do you find it hard to get people into this game with the art style?

Isn't the Screaming God the one with the sonic laser breath?

Yeah, which isn't the eerie silence.

I'm probably sleep deprived and smashing Mountain Man and Spidicules into one.

Though now that I think of it, Kingsman is silent and creepy.

>Veeky Forums being so contrarian that they act like the cheesecake isn't great

You guys are faggots sometimes

>Veeky Forums being so contrarian that they act like the cheesecake is appropriate

It's 2018, shitlord.

KDM Rulebook v1.5

SS /file/gcd7jz

do we have any update on wave 2?

Last I heard it should be shipping end of this month/ early Feb right?

Pray for late February.

It's all you can do. It's all any of us can do.

What expansions are people waiting on (I don't have any coming as I have a good number of the original lot and put my money towards the new ones).

Satan'd.