EDH/Commander General

No Fun Allowed edition

Previously: RESOURCES

>Latest News:
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18749

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread Question
Have you ever run a deck that exists to make people miserable?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/chains-excite-me/update/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Cunt edition.

>Thread question
I did (Teeg among other grief) and guess who was the most miserable in the end

Turbo fog Rashmi. Surprisingly strong. Looping crush of tentacles with ewit or archeo turns the game into archenemy pretty fast.

Neheb or Rakdos? They both look like fun.

Which Rakdos?

Lord of Riots.

>>Thread Question
Negative. Back when my group still played 60-card kitchen table, I built a Quest for Ula's Temple deck that blew everyone out.

Next night, guy showed up with a deck that was just full of Disenchant effects, and pretty much nothing else.

I almost made a couple of those, namely Brago and Zur but I stopped. I'm still kinda considering it because I have an old foil of him but I'm not certain.

>Have you ever run a deck that exists to make people miserable?
Before its ban, Leovold. I hated everyone at my table at one point because they all used some form of Stax.

Mardu MLD is my cunt deck. Thinking about making a bad teferi + knowledge pool/omen machine lock deck but it seems just a tiny bit too janky without any way to actually control the board.

>gay Rakdos for babies
Be a man. Reach out and defile someone.

>Thread Question
no, i like to have friends

>Spot precon Heavenly Inferno Commander
>For its price, I might as well just buy a custom H.I. deck

Fuck. Maybe there's one on ebay for cheaper...

Last elder dino spoiled.

I intend to do that with the eldrazi I cheat in.

slowpoke.jpg

holy shit Mystic Remora looks dope

this

Honestly, some of my decks are intentionally gimped a bit either to be more fun or to be more friendly. Would my Feldon deck be better with ruination, Keldon Firebombers, and a Blood Moon? Almost certainly, but those cards really shit on people's fun.

But it's a 7 mana 7/7 and it draws cards and gives you a big hand and dodges removal in a way that has graveyard synergies. I don't think it fits the unplayable blue fatty meme.

Also, the person who made this picked a bad picture. It's hard to tell who's the subject of the art, and if you made the border red it could easily be the viking lady that's the card.

>Have you ever run a deck that exists to make people miserable?
Unintentionally. I build a Krupix deck so I could play all my favorite fatties; all the good eldrazi, the on-colour praetors, etc. Then I threw in a bunch of counters to back them all up.
Turns out a ton of annihilator + countering all my opponents relevant things doesn't make for a very good time for my opponents. One of my buds has even gone so far as to say the motto of my deck is "there is a finite amount of fun to be had in a match, and your deck monopolizes it."

>But it's a 7 mana--

We are playing fucking commader last time I checked

Think of it as a bad consecrated sphinx. Playable for sure and arguably better if you can cheat it out.

If you want it as your commander you may as well play Jin gitaxias for big blu boi, but hitting that ramp on turn 3-4 is doable with lots of artifact ramp.

I actually really like this. If it had Islandwalk or Hexproof or something I might even go so far as to call it good.

Okay. Defend your position, what deck does it go into? What do you take out to put it there?

sourcing the art is the hardest part about making fake magic cards

>Last elder dino
there is still zacama

Reanimator with blue? Temur stompy? It's card advantage and discard outlet in blue

in response to OP yes teferi

anyway gimmie some riku jank, I already got guided passage but currently no wincon.

Could you do something weird with rbu madness? Are there enough good madness cards?

But Guided Passage is a wincon. You're not putting bad cards in your deck, are you?
I've resolved that card 4 times in my Two Daddies deck and my opponents either get crushed by my advantage or scoop out of boredom since I always pick the player whose new/never seen my deck before.

How do I build and play this crafty merchant?

wait it is? I just thought the card looked cool, also no not really it's just stuff i have on me right now, but i plan on buying cards.

Practice your hand-wringing and use a stereotypical jew voice whenever you offer an opponent a crafty merchant deal.

build him into the 99 of pheldagriff or zedruu

guided passage is a wincon? What am I missing?

Enrage - whenever silver Dino pack is dealt damage each opponent sacrifices a permanent

>permanent sacrificing in red

Other than Crack the Earth, is this a thing?

This is a cool design. Lots of flexibility without being broken.

The archor-axe orc from Ixalan had it in his raid ability

Must be an ability they'll be adding to red's color pie then.

For this set, at least. Don't they do stuff like that sometimes, just to splash more playstyles into a color without really adding it to its identity?

Thoughts on the single father of the year?

Cmc of 5 is not the easiest thing and you should cast something big to make it worthwhile, but I wonder if he can be good?

This + the oblivion ring dinosaur + grim patron dinosaur + pyrohemia

Gishath is looking like a lot of fun, itll even be consistent enough with enchantment tutors if you want to put cash into the deck. If you do it with black (tana + tymna or something) you can put in pestilence but it's a very expensive combo so you're going to want to cheat it out which big dino man will do a lot better

The question is what are you going to do with a lot of 1/1s in mono-b?

Damage.

>wahh why does my control deck have large creatures in it?

I guess that's kind of a bad question, because other than Goblin Bombardment and Aura Shards all the good stuff to trade tokens for is either black or colorless

With ~7 1/1s? The most I can ever see someone having is 14 (having 6 on board then casting Raza). 14 1/1s isn't enough to get there.

I was being flippant, it's funny to say oversimplified dumb things on internet forums.

>Thread Question
Absolutely.
Keranos "No Win Condition" Staxis
Grixis "I have 10 copies of Ankh of Mishra, Cast Sunder"
Kami of the Crescent Moon Stasis
Kozilek Stax
Jund Mono-Death Cloud
Maelstrom Wanderer starring Devastation and the Wildfire Gang
The list goes on. This format is too easy to abuse in terms of making people miserable.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/chains-excite-me/update/

Need help cutting from chainer budget reanimator

He's fun but either very linear or entirely generic. You don't really have to modify your deck or plan aside from the usual Big Black approach. But as pointed out, there are plenty of things to do with your tokens. Making piles of mana is easy, you can definitely cash in a mostly artifact creature strategy to fuel the big finisher X spell of your choice. I don't have a list but a buddy of mine played his to revolve around every creature that had sacrificing downsides or alternate costs and using him to pay for them. Stuff like Smothering Abomination, Delraich, Demon of Death's Gate, etc. He's really more of an augmenting commander than a focal lynchpin.

If you just want to cheese people, Assault Suit can draw the game.

Niv-Mizzet or Mizzix as a 10-minute-turn general?

locust god

If gitrog is too complex for me to pilot would jarad be along my lines? I want a fun Golgari commander that’s easy to run

Mazirek is pretty simple. You just go infinite and win.

But yeah Jarad is probs the most straight forward golgari general. Play big dudes, hit people with them, sac them in response to removal or when it kills somebody.

Nah, Mazirek has a lot of counting counters, managing stack, etc. Nath is easy but not that fun. Glissa is a legacy mess. Meren or Varolz maybe?

Listen bud, let red have stuff, ok.

Blue took our snapcaster mage. Blue can interact with enchantments. When blue draws cards they don't get exiled at end of turn. Life is hard for the red mage. Let us have new things.

Meren gets some complicated board states, but it's not terribly hard. I'd say Varolz is deceptively easy, because it's a bit hard to win with. Big voltron strats are extremely fragile. Easy to play, hard to play effectively.

What's the problem, user? Are you playing while drinking most of the time or something? You seem to be able to string together a sentence.

how often would you play this?

It really depends on what kind of deck you want to play. I'd definitely give my vote to Neheb, as I have had extreme amounts of fun with him, assuming that you talk about the B/R one. Besides, Lord of riots is weakened by Rakdos syndrome.

>Thread question
It really seems like every deck I run makes others miserable, Neheb killing hands, Ghave comboing, Memnarch stealing, Sapling sticking and so on. Only deck I built to ravage anuses was Hanna, and it still makes people miserable, but still it seems like all strategies make people miserable, if the deck has interaction.
People hate removal and other interaction, it seems.
Last immense butthurt was eons ago though and I have never seen anyone as mad after it, and it was me playing pic related in Ayli and bullying Mayael player, stealing the commander and saccing it. The one time he killed Mayael and the guy with Polukranos, he completely gave up and whined after I recurred my man with my sweet foil signed Phyrexian reclamation. He started huffing something about having power 9 in a vault or something.

I wouldn't.

I probably won't put it anywhere. It'd be fringe playable against tokens, such as after Rith connects, or in response to Second harvest, but Rith player can just not pay instead.
I'd rather play Stunt double.

They probably made it as some sort of safety valve against Locust God. Best case scenario, you resolve it in front of Enter the Infinite, but most of the time you'd probably just be getting seven bugs and stopping the Locust player from going off this turn.

You could also steal a Scarab God token, for what it's worth.

It's seen reasonable in some kind of a toolbox blink build. Stick it in a Roon deck, only tutor it up when it's going to royally fuck somebody. Then just do not allow the Ghave deck to play Magic: the Gathering.

>that Boros transformland

not even gonna post that piece of shit.

Really, Wizards.
Really.

>wipes your tokens

>"Dire Fleet Daredevil"
>Human - Pirate
>First Strike

>When Dire Fleet Daredevil enters the battlefield, exile target instant or sorcery from an opponent's graveyard. You can cast that card this turn and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any color. If that card would be put into a graveyard this turn, exile it instead.

Is this supposed to be an apology, WotC? "The Red Snapcaster"? Are you kidding?

For dinos clearly, what a piece of shit.

>at random
Why does WotC hate the Legion so much?

Yeah, keywordless, anthemless tokens with less than 2 in butt.

MEANWHILE AT WIZARDS:
>"oy vey, it seems like we overstepped our quota for good red cards this set!"
>"what, two already? But i was preparing boros part of the cycle that's actually good and flavorful-"
>"Trash it and let Bob the Janitor design the replacement."

>at random

it will look fun when a streamer plays mtg arena and rng fucks them up

But user, red is the color of le wacky and rrRanDoM XDD

instant errata for it, shit they might even add the word "nontoken" for the ping effect.

For whoever mentioned doing a hidden Commander thing with Tazri and Jumblemorph two threads ago or so: Man I love you. As soon as my shit gets in the mail I'm building it.

I thought Wizards had an anti bullying policy? Why are they doing this to Borosfags? Does someone have beef with Agrus?

If we both cast this in a 1v1 who gets the tokens? Whoever resolved last? Noone?

triggers are put on the stack in APNAP, turn-order.

Fair points. However I'm the only one running Locust god from what I know, but yeah, I feel like that the guy is way too narrow to be useful enough for inclusion, depending on the metagame of course.
It would be pretty funny to use it in response to beefed up Gemini engine, which I seem to be only one to run as well for some reason. In Rafiq, not Locust god though.

How does it interact with tokens that come into play attacking?

But that's the wh*te effect

The tokens come into play tapped, but they won't be able to attack, obviously

Yeah, I figured they wouldn't be able to attack. I wasn't 100% sure if they'd be tapped or not (Since the attacking causes them to tap)

Attacking with a creature causes it to tap, but a creature entering the battlefield attacking doesn't need to tap, since it is already attacking.

The attacking and becoming tapped are different things here and the tokens never attack in a sense, which is why they aren't affected by propaganda-effects either.
It's like with taplands.

Melek.

So my creature count for gishath is 32, but I don't realistically think I can run only dinos. How many non tribal creatures should I run?
Currently wood elves, bloodlust inciter, mayael, xenagod, otepec huntmaster, drover of the mighty, farhaven elf, Sakura tribe elder, eternal witness, forerunner of the empire, and spellbreaker behemoth

Are you running the decent changelings too?

The green and red one, yea

Is there future in Ghalta tron?

>Is there future in Ghalta tron?
Not really. Ghalta Storm, on the other hand...

Holy shit, this is garbage.

Pyrohemia keeps looking better and better with each passing day.