Post mundane but useful magic items

I'll start
>A bracelet that magically lets the wearer know what time it is.

>A compass that always points towards an object.

>mundane
>magic
HMM

Xanathar's guide to everything has a list of useless magic items that basically do things like this.

>Cape of Billowing
>Cheaters Dice
>Gleaming or Smoking Armor
>Wand of Smiles
>Tankard of Sobriety
>Boots of False Tracks

I think you can guess what they do from their names.

>Tankard of Sobriety
>useless

>small stones that magically keep your drink cool
>an hourglass that lasts as long as it's told to
>a spork which changes from fork to spoon, depending on which the user needs
>glasses that translates one written language to another
>a coin that has both heads and tails, but Is magically predisposed to land on a particular side
>a hat with a brim that only blocks light when the user wants

A walking cauldron that just follows the party, and allows for items to be stored inside of it

I have a storytime item
>Darksun campaign in HS
>a bunch of murderhobos wandering the wastes
>I had a elf wizard imported from Forgotten Realms
>our game club's That Guy pesters his way in
>he rolls up an edgelord and is quickly put down
>player begs me to bring his back, resurrection, undead, it doesn't matter
>I bring him back as an undead construct
>a floating skull infused with icy magic
>the skull creates a zone of cool comfort in a fifty foot radius
>it contains a extra dimensional space that is kept at an even lower temp
>we can even whack the top of the skull and have it spit out ice
When that guy saw his character turned into an enchanted appliance he stopped bugging us.

>A pipe capable of either lighting itself or producing a modest amount of tobacco three times a day
>A smoker's pouch that transforms seeds into ready-to-smoke material over the course of a few days
>a deck of cards that confers those holding it with the ability to play any one of several games

>a deck of cards that confers those holding it with the ability to play any one of several games
that doesn't sound like magic. Unless you mean it makes them good at the game or it turns into different kinds of cards.

>cloak of hearth; keeps the wearer warm as if they were inside their home next to a fire, or provides a cool shade in the heat of the sun. Also, it oddly smells like home, even if it has never been there
>Finley’s knotty shoes, shoes that tie themselves, the catch is that it can be a pain to untie them
>The Mattress of Awakening, bed that shakes violently until it wakes up the unfortunate fellow who slept in it
>Hendrick’s thunder cane, walking cane that can be used in self defense, striking someone or something with it will send them flying backwards, when the cane strikes something, it also makes a thunderous clap to alert people of what is happening

It's mundane magic friend. Want to pass the time with some non-gambling types? don't wanna try and explain the ins and out of poka to an idiot? Very low-key

>>small stones that magically keep your drink cool

I wish 5e had continual light as an option still (rather than flame). Also continual heat (say just over boiling) and continual cold (just under freezing). Not enough to do damage in combat, but useful for camping and cooking.

It sounds like he means you intuitively know the rules of the games.

>Choker of the courtesan

If worn during sex, prevents pregnancy and disease transmission. My first thought was to make this a magical lower back tattoo, but that's a little too on the nose.

>Quill of the fountain

Dip this quill in an inkwell and the ink will all be absorbed into the pen. It will not leak and the scribe can write with it until the supply is exhausted.

>Quill of the Herald

This quill has an unlimited supply of ink. It imbues its user with steady handwriting, allowing them to write and draw without suffering penalties for lighting, environmental conditions, or haste. Even when writing in wet or muddy conditions, the paper or parchment will not become wet, soiled, or smeared while the pen is in use (though the magic does not prevent the paper from being ruined before or after the pen is used). Used by explorers and adventurers, it was originally intended for heralds to chronicle the daring exploits of royalty and generals.

>Blanket of Blessed Relief

This blanket substitutes for a bedroll. Wheneone says flat in it on the ground, it confers the following benefits: the wearer can stretch or twist into their preferred sleeping position regardless of the available space. The sleeper is protected from levels of moisture, heat, cold, smoke, sounds, insects, or other nonmagical conditions that might cause discomfort (though not levels that would result in outright damage). The blanket itself remains clean and dry. Finally, if someone resting with the blanket feels no urge to relieve themselves (their needs are magically taken care of, leaving no trace).

Lol great minds think alike.

Pillow that halves needed sleep

This gives me an idea
>Wand of Similes
Sought out by those suffering from writer's block

Figurine of Wondrous Power: Ivory Maiden

Name notwithstanding, versions of this are available of several sexes and appearances. Once per day, a command word causes the figurine to turn into a full sized version of the person depicted. The servant is very beautiful (equivalent of Cha 18) but only quasi real; it cannot take any actions that require skill or independent thinking. Its capabilities in terms of camp chores are similar to that of the Unseen Servant spell, but if taken into it's master's bed, it can attend to his carnal needs. It is a compliant if unimaginative lover, basically an animated sex doll. Whether it provides sex, massage, or just warm snuggling, it grants its master restful sleep for eight hours. Any damage causes it to revert back to statue form, and it cannot be reactivated for a turn of the moon.

>Socks of dryness

No matter how soaked they become, these wool socks become totally dry again within a few minutes. There are also undergarments with this enchantment.

>Useless knife

Somewhat ironically named, this knife passes harmlessly through living flesh, but is sharp and efficient when used on nonliving matter.

>Talisman of Blessed Relief

The wearer is rendered uninteresting and unpalatable to mundane insects, leeches, and other annoying vermin.

>Portreve's Bowl

Food served in this wooden bowl has insects, grit, and other unpalatable and disgusting elements removed. It does nothing to remove toxins or disease, and has no effect on inherently inedible substances.

>Moneychanger's Bane

This small bag will convert coins of one denomination into another of equal value. The currency converted into must be familiar to the user and in common use in the region.

>Privy of Privacy
A chamber pot that renders itself and the subject invisible while in use

I'm concerned that this description specifically doesn't mention the contents of the chamberpot.

All of these are shockingly useful. You'd get the prostitutes guild after you with the ivory maiden and adventures would pay through the nose for rapid drying bits and the rest of your notions

My table has agreed that all magic cloaks have the cloak of billowing trait.

>>Choker of the courtesan
>If worn during sex, prevents pregnancy and disease transmission
You know there’s a male accessory that does the same thing without magic

yeah, but chokers are hot.
Rubbers aren't.

This user is correct. Its like a slightly upscale, hotter tramp stamp.

Also
>wanting to wear condoms

>Orb of Slope Detection
This sphere, roughly the size of a fist, is smooth to the touch, seemingly made from highly polished hardwood. You may use it for its intended purpose without any Use-Magic-Device checks or your system's equivalent.

It's filled with an endless supply of coffee

You tried to make a post to show us how smart you were, but you just look foolish and unhappy by posting a pointless comment instead of contributing to the board.

The final form of Mr. Cool Ice

>Class: Safe the thread

I'm enjoying these btw

Pillow of Temperature Change
One side of this pillow is always warm, whilst the other side is always cool.

Magic Mailbox.

Letters for you always appear inside once sent and letters you put inside are sent to their destination.