/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Lets actually have a good OP image for a change... edition.

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/bgy1rqd6

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Dwarfs_Faction_Creation_Tables
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Whoops, I don't think that's Wayne England.

From old thread:

What's your point4point favourite and most efficient combat character? The one that always seems to find it's place and purpose.

Most killy characters tend to cost fortunes and be avoided most of the game, so I prefer cheaper yet effective mid-tier bashers. My choice would be the cheap ogre bruiser who fills both the tank and scythe role at the same time, carries the battle standard and looks menacing.

I tend to go with this:
Exalted Hero [226pts]: Battle Standard Bearer, Halberd, Mark of Nurgle
. Chaos Mutations & Powers: Hideous Visage, Scaled Skin
. Magic Items: AB - Helm of Many Eyes, BRB - Dawnstone
Total: [226pts]
A bit expensive perhaps but he packs a wallop, especially if you stick him in with Festus.

Lately however I've been wanting to test out:
Exalted Hero [261pts]: Battle Standard Bearer, Great weapon, Mark of Nurgle, Palanquin of Nurgle
. Chaos Mutations & Powers: Nurgle's Rot, Soul Feeder
. Magic Items: BRB - Charmed Shield, BRB - Talisman of Preservation
Total: [261pts]
Will probably use him in a unit of Warriors of Nurgle with shields in my next game. As long as he survives into melee he should be able to fuck some shit up.

I think that's one of the thing I don't really like about Beastmen. They're supposed to be the children of chaos thus serve all the gods but in reality it's 80% Khorne with their unending quest to kill and destroy and 20% Slaanesh due to revelling in their carnage plus a big bag of surprise sex

[Phone posting spoiler]skaven are the nurgle/tzeentch beastmen [/spoilers never work on phone]

vampire blender combat hero

slices and dices for less than 170p

enchanted shield
Heavy armour
red fury.
wew

Is there any scenario in WFRP that has the same adventurous explorer feeling as Rogue Trader? I love that you can basically do anything in it.

nurgle champion with the glittering scales, DW and a pot of strength
can cut down infantry pretty well, almost everything in the game hits him only on 6s and he can pop the strength pot to take out a monster, a rank of cavalry or an average hero/lord

Ah I see, the famous sword-spear.

I recently read WE 6th edition army book and we are missing Drycha's rule section. Does anyone have a complete version of the army book or could some kind user take a picture of the missing page and post it here, if he has the physical army book?

user from last thread looking for Warhammer Annual 2002.

Thank god for Russians:
https://
yadi.
sk/d/
zHIGfATxxs5YA

Any way to get the Malus Darkblade comic series? I only found the books, but no comics.

So how many of you here play Return of Reckoning currently? What are your thoughts on it? Do the devs actually improve the game with their patches? Do they add some content from live that's been missing?

Chariots in 6e.

I'm playing it, but I never played it before so I have no idea if things have been improved. It seems pretty janky, but I'm having fun. Couple quests are bugged but nothing major.

In 8th, if, say, twilight sisters on a dragon, and I kill the dragon, do they go on foot? Or die like regular cav?

Sword staves were a thing

Sword-spears are my guilty pleasure weapon. Along with the warglaives demon hunters in Warcraft 3 used.

I can actually imagine the sword-spear being used to a certain effect but the warglaives are one of the stupidest weapons in all of fiction and meme hunters are a cancer, including illidan
it's funny how people say his story shouldn't have ended at black temple and in fact they are right, his story should have ended in wc3

sry for offtopic

HE Prince with Moonbow.

Oh boy, those were the days.

I don't remember seeing this illustration before. I like their little pseudo-ladders.

That there is a spear tip at one end of the sword wouldn't bother me much, but the spear part of his weapon is so long that I can't imagine that guy not constantly rubbing his own belly with it while swinging the blade.

>S7

gg

Go on foot

What?

In the 6th edition a S7 hit insta-killed a chariot.

So just don't drive chariots into those.

Is the additional -1 to hit really worth losing +2 to your armour save?
For the same amount of points you could get Helm of Many Eyes which gives you +1 to your armour save, ASF and stupidity. The latter could almost be concidered a boon due to the innate immunity to psychology as with ld 8 and reroll you're very unlikely to ever suffer from the stupidity. The ASF is a kind of defense in itself as you can pick out targets and likely kill them before they get their blows in. With the high I of the character it's very likely that you get to reroll whatever misses you make.

Ever heard of cannons?

>not every army has cannons!

Except in the 6th edition any army except Bretonnia could take a DoW cannon.

Huh didn't notice that the pommel was so pointed

However, that's clearly not a sword-stave but a large sword with a spear tip on the end of its too large grip. I doubt that it would even help you half-swording.

This, people like to wank 6e, but it was really just cannon sniping and MSU cavalry barrelling into the side of units to make them break.

yes, the combined effect of MoN and Scales on a high WS chaos champion is a huge deal, especially for his price range.
Obviously it's not fool-proof, just a cool setup I haven't seen anyone else do and I've stuck with for a while.
Btw, that particular champion has literally never died for me, even my ward save tzeentch guy who saves on a 3+ and rerolls 1s has (I think)

Neat, I'll have to try him out for myself someday. How do you usually use him?

Chaos doesn't give a shit about logic.

just put him in one of my two blocks of chaos warriors and make sure I don't send him against witch elves or a particularly powerful lord
he's also a good option to intercept certain monsters or heavy cavalry by popping out of the unit, your opponent is likely to even consider him a sacrifice

But it was harder to shoot shit with artillery. You had to guess the range.

Guessing range isn't actually hard though.
With even a small amount of practise you can be accurate enough wherein it's not exactly even a guess.

Saurus cowboys have a special place in my heart. Saurus scar vet w/Great Weapon on a Cold One, cheap, quick, durable and nasty, and that's without taking into account any magic item

It isn't easy to snipe lone units in 6e. You most likely won't get it right on turn 1 unless you have like 3 cannons.

>It isn't easy to snipe lone units in 6e.

It is. I remember quite clearly being on both the giving and receiving end of first turn character snipes.

That's just luck. Artillery dice make sniping unreliable.

Fully kitted out Bret Lord duelist on a Pegasus, flying around dueling everyone.

Is the ED link down for anyone else?

I'm a faggot who wants to try and homebrew Bretonnian rules for mercenaries. I get a lot of people are against even that, but I think there might be a fluffy way to do it.

Beyond the obvious restrictions on what sort of Dogs of War units they'd be willing to hire, mostly just the 'good' races and probably not ogres or orcs and such, what would be an interesting way to provide a penalty to taking a mercenary unit? Maybe a Bretonnian army with a mercenary can't pray before battle, or maybe the unit itself gets a 'sheep' mascot that gives some decrease in stats or a chance of a random, mostly negative effect. So Bretonnians get mercenaries, but there's a risk or they're less effective.

How do slayers hang out when they’re not busy killing things?

Get drunk.

You can just fluff the mercs to not be mercs, but someone who was saved by a grail knight or somthing, and in a battle that would surely overwhelm the bretonnian, the brigand came to repay his debt. The Lord would see honor in that I think, and enjoy an excuse to not waste lives on a unwinnable battle.

-3 Leadership army wide. No one actually wants to fight for some fag who hires Americanises.

I didn't mean that said picture included one but rather in response to his word used and I didn't notice that the pommel was so spiky.

Drinking, singing, working their way towards the next chance at a mighty doom. They're focused enough on it they're not going to waste too much time doing anything else, but Slayers tend to share a sort of camaraderie, and occasionally get along with other dwarf outcasts - there was a short story about a dwarf bartender's assistant whose ancestor had been greatly shamed, and he was shunned by other dwarves of the hold, but the slayers never treated him that way.

Honestly the real problem with the sword is the short blade length

From what I read paladins are better than lords on a Pegasus.

Can't fit all the items in 50 points, unfortunately. Virtue that boosts dueling, sword of 'str high enough to wound on 3s', armor of ws 10 and gauntlet if the duel is 100 even.

Does anyone in /wfg/ know if geedubs ever made skaven runes to represent numbers? I'd be so fucking cool if they existed

What kind of tattoos do Slayers get? The story of why they are a Slayer, their kills, or just generic viking looking shit?

Do non-Slayers get tattoos?

Did you guys make this?

1d4chan.org/wiki/Dwarfs_Faction_Creation_Tables

Are there any pre-made campaigns to run for WFB? Not WFRP. Has anyone ever tried it before?

I think we at least have 1 through 13 - I'm pretty sure they label each of the council of thirteen with a rune.

Grudge Of Drong, Tears Of Isha, Idol Of Gork, Terror Of The Lichemaster, The Tragedy Of McDeath, Circle Of Blood, Sigmar’s Blood. Probably more.

Turns out all you have to do to fight against Chaos is make regular doors and throw nets.

Literally how the fuck would that thing pass through a common door or survive pic related?

Its literally Chaos McGuffin armor.

Its probably made so the spikes shred it instantly, or the WoC are so strong it doesn’t do anything. Or Khorne decided all nets just pass through it, whatever handwave you want.

Its not like they go into buildings to do anything, they just wreck everything they find.

But in theory, Goblin Netters and spiders should be a perfect counter. Or just thick mud. Or marbles on a hard floor.

As far as I know, they're not telling the story of their kills. I suspect they might be somehow related to other dwarven symbols, but otherwise they are 'generic viking looking shit,' yeah.

Thanks. I have 40 Slayers, old Citadel and third part proxy both, to paint and I realized I had no clue what their tattoos should be. All available images just looked like generic viking stuff but I wanted to be sure nobody knew of some place it was mentioned in old lore.

Strip your general of his Inspring Presence?

Has the benefit of not screwing all your bretonnian knights just because your Lord is an unchivalrous faggot

And just for the flavour, enemy Bretonnian knights gain Hatred when fighting an army which includes mercenaries

I'm still doing some searching, but I can't find anything definite. There's a brief mention on a wiki about including Grimnir's rune, but otherwise it's vague, and the fans who talk about it talk about real world inspirations - viking, germanic, polynesian, all that stuff.

All I can tell you that you might not already know is that they seem to get tattoos on the chest and belly as well as the arms and back. They rarely get any on the head, and that seems limited to the sides rather than the forehead.

Slayers would probably tattoo themselves runes representing Grimnir, their kill list or just personal symbols

>Do non-Slayers get tattoos?
Don't even know if there's any case of this, I'd guess not, as they are symbology associated with the Slayers, thus no sane dwarf would risk being associated with them, but that depends on wether tattoos are associated with Slayers or not

Thank you, anons. This will help me a great deal.

One last thing - I think the big inspiration was probably Celts, not viking berserkers. Dunno why, but the shirtlessness and tattoos fit. Might be worth looking at for inspiration, or maybe you want to do your own thing.

I want to get into Warhammer Fantasy, never played a tabletop RTS.

Had a WHFB starter pack with a human force, orc force, rulebook, glue and paints. I did other kinds of modelling and enjoyed making + painting the figures but never actually played.

I have questions before I get myself involved though.

>what would be the upfront cost of a "competitive" force, without getting too far into specifics?
>are there serious rules about paintjobs outside of "this specific brigade uses these colors / orcs are not purple"? I have a pretty extensive set of modelling paints from when I was a teenager that are still usable and hate to waste
>is it viable, financially or mechanically, to have an army that hinges on a silly 400-500 point hero or something similar?

>>what would be the upfront cost of a "competitive" force, without getting too far into specifics?
This varies wildly. Because most models are out of print, you're either scouring second-hand sales for bargains(and their can be come great ones) but you'll often have bits missing or broken and will almost always have to strip the paint if you want to paint them yourself.
Or there's buying what's left of the catalog straight from GW, which is REALLY expensive, but at least you'll get the full kit plus extra bits and can prime/paint how you like without stripping.
>>are there serious rules about paintjobs outside of "this specific brigade uses these colors / orcs are not purple"? I have a pretty extensive set of modelling paints from when I was a teenager that are still usable and hate to waste
Just don't use Testor's enamel paints. Shit will NEVER come off. Ever.
Other than that, you can paint things how you want. There are no limits except our own imagination. So GW may not like you paining up purple Orcs, that doesn't have to stop you from saying they're subterranean orcs who subsist exclusively off funny glowing mushrooms that change their skin to a vivid violet hue.
>>is it viable, financially or mechanically, to have an army that hinges on a silly 400-500 point hero or something similar?
It's possible. A lot of lords can easily hit the 400-500 point range. But it's best not to invest that much of your army into one unit unless it's a very large battle.
The game says you can take up to 25% of your points as a lord, but I'd say keep your lord between 15-20% of your total point value.

There is art of plenty of regular dwarves sporting tattoos

>most models out of print

What the fuck? Is Warhammer Fantasy a dead hobby now or something?

Guess I'll just try Mordheim or Necromunda instead.

>Mordheim
Playing base Mordheim is a mistake. Try one of the fanmade knockoffs instead.

>What the fuck? Is Warhammer Fantasy a dead hobby now or something?
Um, bro, I guess you missed the point where Games Workshop nuked the old Fantasy world several years back and replaced it with Age of Sigmar.
There are some lines that are still in print. Lizardmen are almost all there, just retitled "Seraphon" and the old Empire kits are mostly still around as "Free Guild" troops.
But yeah, Fantasy is dead. For now.
>Mordheim
That's even deader, bro. But at least you can get away with mostly generic fantasy models for that since it's just a skirmish game.
>Necromunda
They still need more models for New Necromunda, but that's a possibility.

>everything i like is dead or wishes it was dead

I thought "Age of Sigmar" was just a thing like that Storm of Chaos event they did a couple years ago. I was even looking at their website and browsed some of those models thinking they were new additions for the event.

Guess model glue is a hell of a drug

Yeah, as of now, Age of Sigmar is the only fantasy franchise that GW is running, and it's not likely to stop any time soon since it's selling like hotcakes with its much more streamlined and simplified rules and ugly fucking round-based blobs and fucking herohammer bullshit all fucking over again and FUCK YOU GAMES WORKSHOP. YOU KILLED MY PRINCE AND EMPEROR.

AoS for WFB is like the Prometheus movies for Alien. Its just what you get now.

Nobody asked for it, but it has diehards who insist its “kino” because they didn’t like the old thing and want it their way or the highway or else want to be contrarian.

AoS itself began sub-Bayformers, but it looks like they’re trying to put some effort into it now. Which I would compare to how Deadpool was a garbage property in a spiral until the character was handed to Kelly in the mid 90’s. Except Kelly saved the industry and created the character as we know him today, whereas I doubt AoS will become much more than mediocre.

Wait, what kits did they take out of print? Did they stop making some of the kits that were in plastic?

That's crazy if they did, I would have assumed they'd keep producing everything that was in plastic and OOP the metal/finecast shit.

>everything i like is dead or wishes it was dead
It's been a rough couple of years and there's no end in sight.
All my childhood worlds are dead, from Warhammer to Discworld, and the ones that are still alive are going through horrific corporate purgatory to be transformed into something strange and unrecognisable.

Add that to a couple of family bereavements and personal issues and the future seems kinda bleak to me at the moment.

>Wait, what kits did they take out of print? Did they stop making some of the kits that were in plastic?
Tomb Kangz for one. Bretonnia for a second. But those were out of print before the nuking of the Old World.

That is probably the one thing that pisses me off the most of the end times so many great characters butchered and their models sold forever to be know as generic bullshit.

I ordered the Karl Franz kit. Even though the website sold it as "Freeguild General on Griffon," it felt good when the box arrived and read "Karl Franz on Deathclaw."

Including the "new" tomb kings kits that came out for last armybook (end of 8th edition I think?)

Cuz that would be retarded

If they just killed the old skellies then good riddance

They advertised the hell out of the ending of the Tomb Kings right as End Times was hitting.
All the new skeletons are generic and fit in with Vampire Counts more than anything else.
They are still making like Nagash and Neferata, who still have a little bit of that Not! Egypt flair.

The Last Jedi>Yuuzhan Vong.

Why do people hate on the vong so much?

Because they are literally the worst thing to ever happen to the franchise. Even the Phantom Menace is better than the vong

When it comes to describing beastmen actions in a story, how far should one go? I mean in terms of pure violence and stuff like the cannibalism. I know that's what beastmen are all about but I don't want to put people off being too extreme.

Aren't they force resistant tyranids?

I'm near the end of Skavenslayer right now. Why does Gotrek is wasting time working with Felix in severs in Nuln then?

Put in all the massive amounts of raaaape

Kinda. Crossed with force immune dark eldar.

Because they're friends!

Should i keep this as a death marker for aesthetics or should I put this on another models base?

Beastmen are creatures of Chaos and the only thing they have is their hate for pretty much everything. They devour, they murder and, if you want to include it, they rape.
There is nothing human holding them back. They HATE and express it like an animal with rabies. You don't have to go to detailed with their deeds but if you want to show what they are and want your readers or whatever you're planning to despise them that's the way to go.

>implying that's saying much at all

Lol Disney Canon is shit

Do you think Age of Sigmar would've been less hated if, instead of replacing WFB, they co-existed?

I'll probably be crucified for this, but I actually think AoS is alright when you look at it on it's own. It's nothing special, honestly it's still pretty mediocre when you try to play devil's advocate, but it's not like I completely don't get it. It's supposed to be a really fucking weird, cosmic, trippy rendition of Tolkein-ish fantasy stuff. The problem is that, for that exact reason, it's not really a successor to Warhammer so much as it is a spin-off.

If Age of Sigmar was, like, an alternate timeline or some shit like that, and OG Warhammer was also still in production, would that improve your opinion of it?

You can always use subtle implications.
Maybe it turns out that a village occasionally sacrifices one of their own to the beastmen to keep them at bay, but strangely the only women in the village are either children or elderly.
Maybe the sheep give birth to stillborn lambs with strangely human features or the coach horses spook at the stench of the black feces smeared across the bridge.
The pigs start screaming in the night but the farmer just pushes the kitchen table in front of the door and huddles in the corner with his comet pendant. A sooty pall of smoke leads to a still-smouldering cottage, gnawed human bones still visible in the ashes and the yard churned up by hooves.