media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ElfSubraces.pdf

>Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
lithdoran.github.io/fiveetools/5etools.html
5etools.com

>5etools latest update-
mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
Use the Readme to get it working if you're computer illiterate, or ask for help ITT.

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously on /5eg/
What are some appropriate magic items for a norse campaign?

Casters
Martials.

Coffeelock

Reminder INT is just IQ divided by 10.

The girl is begging for the BHC

>his cock
>she's staring

THICC bitch begs for manlet dick.

rounded way up in your case

Early one morning before the sun did rise
And the birds sang their sweet song
The mountain troll proposed to the fair squire
She had a false deceitful tongue

Sir Mannelig, Sir Mannelig won't you marry me
For all that I'll gladly give you
You may answer only yes or no
Will you do so or no

To you I will give the twelve great steeds
That graze in a shady grove
Never has a saddle been mounted on their backs
Nor had a bit in their mouths

To you I will give the twelve fine mills
That stand between Tillo and Terno
The mill stones are made of the reddest brass
And the wheels are silver-laden

To you I will give the gilded sword
That jingles from fifteen gold rings
And strike with it in battle as you will
On the battlefield you will conquer

To you I will give a brand new shirt
The lustrous best for to wear
It is not sewn with needle or thread
But crocheted of the whitest silk

Gifts such as these I would gladly receive
If you were a Christian woman
But I know you are the worst mountain troll
From the spawn of the Neck and the devil

The mountain troll ran out the door
She wailed and she shrieked so loudly
"Had I gotten that handsome squire
From my torment I would be free now"

Sir Mannelig, Sir Mannelig won't you marry me
For all that I'll gladly give you
You may answer only yes or no
Will you do so or no

Why does the green lady want his cock so bad

Sir Mannelig is right. Knight be needing a nice Catholic troll girl.

How often do you level up? My party do 6h (sometimes rarely 8h) long sessions every 3 weeks or so. We have been on level 4 now for 5 sessions. Is this normal?

I just had an idea

What if
A Dungeons and Dragons campaign where you had to explore the dragons "dungeon"

Depends on how often you fight things if you use XP or how fast you progress if you use milestone

What the fuck is wrong with this general today. Did /pfg/ invade?

No I do not entertain such magical realms

we use milestones, the DM just decides when we level up.

It was fine before we jumped threads

Are you playing a story module? Homebrew campaign?

If it is homebrew, there really is no answer we can give ya.

We aren't your DM so we can't really say

The setting is his own. The rules we use are the standard phb stuff.

Aren't troll ugly on norse mythology? It makes total sense for him to say no

I'm starting to think I'm growing too attached to my character. They were defeated and shamed the other day and it literally kept me awake at night. If I can't even handle someone calling my character weak after beating them fairly, how could I handle that character dying?

How do you do it bros?

THAN HOW THE FUCK ARE WE SUPPOSED TO KNOW ASK YOUR FUCKING DM

Thats one for the therepist user

>Implying it was even a factor in his decision
>Implying he didn't reject her because no gifts from a spawn of Satan are worth his immortal soul
Of course, Veeky Forums wouldn't understand. Most of people here would sell their soul - and their mother's soul too - for five minutes of succubus sex.

I find this hard to believe. Surely there has to be some general consensus on how fast one progresses whether you use milestones or exp? And as I said, only the setting is a slight variation on forgotten realms but the rules are the same so what difference does it make?

shit

>appropriate magic items for a norse campaign

The horn of Valhalla, of course, and the dwarven thrower hammer. Others:

>a pig that you can slaughter every night, eat ham, and the pig magically returns to life
>helm of awesomeness (rod of rulership in wearable form)
>helm of invisibility
>cloak that transforms you into an animal a la Freyja's cloak of falcon feathers
>mead that turns any bard into the glibbest bastard ever (CHA buff?)

If you're including stuff from Finland, don't forget

>a broom that drips blood when the one it's linked to dies (gives you the heads-up to sigh and reach for an expensive diamond yet again)
>a kantele that charms animals and people when you play it
>flametongue swords

It all depends on what the DM has planned. If he wants you at level 5 for a long time because of the material he's worked up, then he is going to keep you at level 5. It really isn't more complicated than that.

Its his own campaign, he tells you when you level up, not us, we aren't fucking mind readers

LISTEN TO US FOR ONCE AND ASK YOUR DM, YOU DROOLING RETARD, LITERALLY EVERYTHING IN THE GAME DEPENDS ON HIM, AND EVEN IF THERE WERE ANY RULES, HE COULD CHANGE OR IGNORE THEM AT WILL

Why contain it?
Pic related.
Become your character.

WE DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR DM IS GOING TO DO

>grow scales
>grow tits
>become swole

On it

Buff scaley tranny
Whats not to like?

Couldn't the Troll just be baptized? And as far as I know you don't go to hell for marrying a pagan

>Most of people here would sell their soul - and their mother's soul too - for five minutes of succubus sex
I would never do that 5 minutes is not long enough

>Couldn't the Troll just be baptized
Most christian denominations say that only humans can be saved - demons can't and all supernatural creatures are demons according to christian theology.

Define "supernatural."
What makes a troll different from a gorilla?

Now user its current year we can't talk about niggers that way

How would you go about fighting Orcus at any level? What would you need to do it? How many players would you need?

Bear in mind he can Time Stop and use the time to summon undead from his Wand, potentially pulling out any sort of liches (or 2 Death Tyrants, so no healing, and a demilich, who could Howl party members party members to 0 hit points) and raise several undead with Create Undead and Animate Undead.

Ugh, trust a Swedish knight to walk around with a bowl cut.

>a pig that you can slaughter every night, eat ham, and the pig magically returns to life
>getting chad Särimner mixed up with virgins Tanngnjost and Tanngrisner
ishygddt

Why so aggressive? Jeez louise. I'm asking because I personally find the pace to be slow so I wanted to gauge how others level up in general so I could present that argument to him. I mean we are using the same rulebook here with characters that go up to level 20 so wouldn't there be some ruler here? Or is it perfectly normal to just stay at level 1 for 6 months and then have the DM go "No fuck you, I want you at level 1, there will be no character progression for you for months"?

If you don't like it find a new game

What's your favorite plane? I'm fond of Mechanus

TALK TO YOUR DM, WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING TO US

Prime Material

>Most christian denominations say that only humans can be saved
The little Mermaid was able to get an immortal soul

>wouldn't there be some ruler here?
Dude, I don't think you get it. There is no ruler. There is nothing in the books that says "x amount of sessions is normal for a milestone level up". It is completely DM dependent. If they want you level 5 for 6 months, they will make it so unless you speak up.

user, I'm sorry, but the little mermaid is not actually in the Bible.

Nor are Trolls

You dense motherfucker

Why the fuck does every extraplanar being give a shit about the prime material? Mount Celestia seems like prime real estate.

>implying that Old Testament God and Satan aren't the biggest trolls

Alright. I'll take with me the knowledge that all pace of leveling is acceptable. It's all subjective. We must all surrender to the almighty DM and his potential slow ass leveling. If I tell him I don't like it, I cannot point to anywhere that could support my claim.

God, you're such a bitch.

>If I tell him I don't like it, I cannot point to anywhere that could support my claim.
>needing to support your claim beyond "hey could we level up a bit faster"

just dont be a bitch

I need some serious help /5eg/
is there a way to quickly grow a fuckton of trees that doesn't rely on Quaal's Feather Tokens?

Is Forge Cleric as badass as it seems? It's about time for me to put a new character together and that just seems like a great pick both in terms of flavor and mechanics. Has anyone played a Forge Cleric in a long campaign? How was it? Any tips you'd care to share?

The 4 to 5 gap is one of the longer ones, but my group levels every 2-3 sessions with sessions that last the same amount of time.

I guess it depends on your DM. Do they only award XP for killing monsters? I initially started my current campaign using the Three Pillars (exploration, social interaction and combat) but now I just do roleplay and combat for XP.

My last game used combat only to award XP. It took three years to go from level 1 to 20. Three fucking years, and we played pretty much every week.

Much like every Cleric archetype, its pretty good and fun

makes me think of

Playing it right now, and it's great. You get all the usual cleric powers, but also great survivability and utility. Now, channel divinity could be a little better, but it's decent enough as it is.

Your waifu is shit

>We must all surrender to the almighty DM
This is literally true.
Rule number 1 of D&D is that the DM is god, in all respects. Even if there was an actual rule on this kind of thing, which there isn't, the DM still would not have to follow it if he didn't want to.
If the DM is doing a thing you don't like, and you can't change his mind, then your only options are to deal with it or leave.

>passes up a hot troll babe, wealth, and power
>"i-its cause of muh religion guys, I swear"
What a fucking fag!

I'm not reading the post chain but I've never been able to understand this weird, cuckish line of thinking. Why can't the group, players and the DM, work out a solution to their problems together? If your group can't do that why are you a part of it?

>work out a solution to their problems together?
That is an option. I mentioned changing his mind in my post.

>The 4 to 5 gap is one of the longer ones, but my group levels every 2-3 sessions with sessions that last the same amount of time.
That seems like a reasonable pace to me, but now we're getting into the 6th long session on the same level and I'm starting to get a bit antsy, especially since I want to swap out my spells (which is my fault of course for not being completely happy with my spell choices, but doesn't change the fact that I want to swap em). My DM isn't the most experienced and he thinks going to level 5 is a bigger deal than it is I think. You do get double attack and some level 3 spells butother than that it shouldn't be that big a deal, right?

What do people think of this? I know the wording is shit currently, but the intent behind each ability should be clear:

Justice / Law Domain

Domain Spells
1st - Alarm, Ensaring Strike
3rd - Detect Thoughts, Knock
5th - ?
7th - Mordenkainen's Faithful Hound, ?
9th - ?

Bonus Proficiencies - None

1st - Whenever you cast a spell that would cause any number of targets to save against the unconscious, grappled, paralyzed or restrained condition, you may force the target(s) to roll with disadvantage. Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest
2nd (Channel Divinity) Query of Law - As an action, you can compel a creature within 30ft to reveal the truth to you. The target must make an intelligence saving throw and if it fails it must answer a number of questions truthfully equal to your wisdom modifier
6th - ?
8th - Divine Strike
17th - At 17th level, you can magically perceive all lies and cannot be deceived by any means. In addition, whenever you roll a Wisdom (Insight) check, you may replace the number you rolled with a 15

Hope your DM is a critroll fag, ask him for Fenthras, murder innocent civillians

It shouldn't be justification for six 6-8 hour sessions just to level, no. But at the end of the day it's his game.

That's an extremely underwhelming capstone, and an extremely shitty channel divinity. You really couldn't think of anything justice-themed beyond interrogations?

Also, reminder that Zone of Truth is a level 2 spell.

Are the Druic Circles from XGtE worth it? So far as I'm reading they just seem all around worse than the ones we already had in PHB and see no reason to pick them, flavour or mechanics wise

yeah that's a no go
oh well, guess my dream of infinite lightning arrows will have to wait until I figure something else out

Summon woodland creatures and then make ents.
A wish
Get your nature cleric buddy to talk to god for you
Creation?

They are an alternative to moon. Land is trash

>be wizard
>counterspell his time stop
>cast my own time stop
>take the wand of orcus
>beat him with it

Pick circle of the shepard if you want to see your DM pull his hair out out of the frustration.

With shieldmaster and extra attack I could potentially knock 3 different targets prone in one turn, right? If me and my party rolled high on initiavitve, or if it's a straight up suprise round, would it be better to attempt to knock 3 down to give everyone advantage or would it be better do just do the standard knock prone, grab, drag combo as usual? I know it depends but just thinking loud here.

>Summon woodland creatures and then make ents.
The trees would need to grow in very specific spots
and last thing I need is ents running around shitting out thunderstorms
>A wish
We're level 3 so eh, a long way away from that
>Get your nature cleric buddy to talk to god for you
Party's me(druid), artificer, fighter and goolock
>Creation?
needs to be a naturally grown tree

Because where else are they supposed to fuck with humans and all the other weakling humanoids

Now you're getting into the true spirite of 5e.

Most of the cleric capstones are shit, Tempest is flying if you're not indoors (As if you haven't found a way to have permanent flying by level 17), Light is you can cast light on yourself and your radiant spells are slightly better, Knowledge is a worse version of most diviniation spells

Can you expand on why you think the channel divinity is shit? I thought it was a little too powerful if anything, it's suggestion for information on a better save that doesn't have the "must be reasonable" requirement

Land is the strongest archetype

Is profieciency overrated, at least on lower levels? If you're a caster, would bringing a greatsword for 2d6 damage and just rolling without that +2 on the attack roll not be better than bringing a staff which you do get +2 in?

I'm planning my party's next adventure around them getting this "house seed" I found on Veeky Forums a while ago. Basically, you plant it in a plot of land and water it over the next month or so with various things to determine what it becomes.
The adventure will basically be them deciding what they want and gathering the materials for it, then maybe having to defend it while it grows. I think being able to customize their own house from the ground up will really make them invested in it.
Does anybody have any ideas for more options for this thing? I was thinking something that would allow you to trigger Guards and Wards, but would be a pain in the ass to reset.

Keep in mind, that's a 10% loss in accuracy too.

>take the wand of orcus
>Time Stop
>This spell ends if one of the actions you use during this period, or any effects that you create during this period, affects a creature other than you or an object being worn or carried by someone other than you.
>freeze time
>put your hand on Orcus' wand
>time resumes
>find yourself staring Orcus in the face
>daddy

For those who have completed it, how long did it take for you guys to finish Tomb of Annihilation?

affect: have an effect on; make a difference to.

Taking an object doesn't change the object itself, just it's location

Sure, but you have the Strength to wield the greatsword effectively?

Making a crossbow wielding bard and because of jack of all trades i'm gonna make all my stats 8 except for dex and cha.

That's what I do yeah?

Who's better at casting/blasting, the Hexblade or the Fiend?

I'd say disarming affects a creature.

Take some down time to play Faerune valley 5e then

If you're grappled, I know the appendix says that your move speed is zero... but what about somatic spells? If you're grappling how can you wave your hands around to cast magic missile?

Oh! See if you can't hit up some fey or something. Hope you like feylocks

well, I suppose the goddamn fey are my only option
can't wait to get dicked over just for wanting to grow a nice forest of magical trees

Grappling is a pretty broad term. Creatures might be using different appendages to grapple.

>leap on your target with your legs for full MMA somatic casting action