MTG - Rivals of Ixalan Spoilers

Y'all should know the drill by now. Post RoIx spoilers and discuss.

This one seems a bit finicky, but certainly useful if you manage to pull it off.

Thanks to this I will prove you that Im not a fool for playing Hour of revelation in his main deck.

Does this check for all cards named azors gateway?

LETS GET READY FOR RRREPRINTS

Oh look, a card with flavor that matches the card's effect.

Negate reprint?
Thanks I love this, it's not like I would have prefered Remand or wait a few more sets for it, like you know when Kaladesh will rotate.

>Naturalize
Fucking finally, I'm tired of using the cycling artifact-removal Mainboard because of the local GPG deck

Decent in Limited

It’s not exactly Blood Moon.

eh, you can still use your izzet flipland. that's not too bad

Art on the negate is really colorful, I like it.

See, we print counters in the same set as the cards we think are going to be good.

Why Kaladesh couldn't do this?

It's a utility land hoser as opposed to greedy manabase hoarder.

It does hard fuck you fetchlands though, but blood moon already does that for 1 less.

They cost the same...

Beautiful

Not as good as the moon, but it's a well designed card, helps alleviate the demand for moon and its magus, and the cantrip effect distinguishes it from the moon. A great card overall.

Shit I thought moon was 2.

In that case it's not as big a difference, but moon is still way better at hosing greedy 5c manabases.

is this an unstable card

you are unstable

Should be pretty good for approach decks.

This budget moon has a nice cantrip and still hits plenty of targets in eternal formats: fetches, man-lands, azcanta... Not as many targets as moon, obviously.

It doesn't do anything against Tron decks, which is a big knock against it and will probably keep it from ever seeing play outside, maybe, Standard

Real spoiler thread

I can see Skred running it, more copies of a slightly worse blood moon is pretty good

OF COURSE
OF FUCKING COURSE
OF COURSE THE SECOND HALF OF THIS BLOCK COULDN'T JUST BE THE DIFFERENT FACTIONS FIGHTING OVER ORAZCA
NOOOOO FINDING ORAZCA HAS TO END THE FUCKING WORLD
JUST LIKE INNISTRAD AND AMONKHET EVERYTHINGS GOTTA SUDDENLY GO TO UTTER UNSALVAGEABLE SHIT IN THE SECOND HALF OF THE BLOCK
DUR HUR WE'RE WIZARDS OF THE COAST AND WE LOVE TO NUKE OUR COOL INTERESTING SETTINGS JUST AS YOU'RE STARTING TO GET INTERESTED IN THEM BECAUSE FUCK YOU

Bro you gotta chill it's just a Hasbro game

How does this interact with bouncelands?

The don't bounce, but enter tapped.

It also doesn't mean the end of the world. Both Dominaria and Amonkhet have canonically survived the blood moon.

They lose all non-mana abilities and, if they follow the blood moon rules, should enter untapped.

they don't bounce or come into play tapped

No bounce and no tap

WELL HOW ARE AUDIENCES SUPPOSED TO KNOW THE MOVIE IS ENDING WITHOUT THE BLUE SKYBEAM?

THINK, IDIOT.

I'd say better than Blood Moon for the following reasons:

1.) Cantrips
2.) Fetchlands can't tap for mana, even only red mana, thus making them completely dead
3.) Gets rid of "enter the battlefield tapped" effects on budget dual-lands

Negatives:
1.) Duals can still tap for multiple colors of mana
2.) Tron Lands can still tap for multiple colorless mana

The Cantripping is what pushes it over for me. Blood Moon is terrible when you draw into multiple copies, this makes drawing multiple copies pain-free.

>but enter tapped.
>if they follow the blood moon rules, should enter untapped.
There was a rules change to blood moon
9/29/2017: If a nonbasic land has an ability that causes it to enter the battlefield tapped, it will lose that ability before it applies. The same is also true of any other abilities that modify how a land enters the battlefield or apply “as” a land enters the battlefield, such as the first ability of Cavern of Souls. This is a change from previous rulings.

>all bounce lands are now colored Sol Lands

Wizards, you absolute madmen.

They are not even close, blood moon is so many times better

>City of Brass taps for any color without costing life
Neat

Fuck. At least it was a recent change going by the ruling so I didn't play it wrong for much.

Oh look, yet another unplayable mythic designed for edh

>COOL INTERESTING SETTINGS

>wanting playable chase mythics
Stop!

>City of Brass is now better than Mana Confluence because one has an ability that damages when tapped and the other is "pay life to get mana"

This card is so fucking nutty for budget lands.

>Dinosaurs
>Pirates
>Vampires Conquistadores
>Phoenix Owls
>Parrot Griffins

Do story posts start next wednesday? Don't they usually start sooner before the release date?

Fast lands are going to spike hard.

for every mythic that's playable in standard constructed, the cost of playing in standard is increased by $50-100.

>another WE WUZ setting'

wake me up when they go back to superior white people settings

why is it unplayable?
It is a 2 mana artifact that reads draw a card then discard a card for 1
and if you have done this 5 times you get x+5 mana

>Complaining about non-issues
Go back to /pol/

>LE EPIC MEMETASTIC CRAZINESS

Are you feeling well?

Fuck man, Amulet Titan about to get stronger:

T1 Amulet, T2 Jumpland into either Azusa, Explore or Blood Sun and poof, opponent locked off Fetchlands and you have like eight Sol Lands in your deck.

And you cycled

Like that's going to happen lol, sleep tight user

You're ignoring the fact that the elegant, pale vampire conquistadors actually have their rampant imperialism justified by the fact they're just trying to reclaim an artifact that was stolen by them, in order to remove the curse of vampirism and give their people generic immortality.

Like, this setting has the whitest white people that ever whited, doing all of the shit that SJWs hate white people for having done in the past, and they're fucking justified in doing it as well.

>Instant
Wow, that's a bold move in Creatures: the Tappening

>Thinking a setting based on Mesoamerica/the Age of Exploration with dinosaurs as the "feathered serpents" worshipped by the not!Aztecs is "lel memez craziness"

>have one thing stolen
>literally go all Nazi Germany on people and conquer the entire continent
Yes, sure is justifiable

>yellow eyes
>black hair
>white

>implying user is capable of thinking

premium common, noice

>le ironic edgeposting
>blood and soil xD
>please gib (you)

i hope you die in your sleep

When you're searching a massive continent inhabited by hostile entities for a hidden device so powerful it might as well grant wishes, conquering the continent so you can search for the wish-granter without savages trying to scalp you is probably a good place to start.

It does pose a problem though, you lose access to your utility lands that let Prime Time swing for lethal.

No, first they conquered their home continent. THEN they crossed the sea once they ran out of stuff to conquer back home.

No. The exiled cards are tied to the individual permanent.
With all the artifact hate in standard, this is pure trash.

Maybe more importantly, the Empire are not shown to be nice people. They're also imperial expansionists, marginalizing the other native group in Merfolk. In the same way the Aztecs werent exactly nice people either.

One mana looting on a two mana artifact isn't disastrous if someone blows it up.

Well, yeah, it's how empires come to exist. Is there something bad about wanting to conquer your neighbors and enlighten them, in a world without the peace, cooperation and globalism of the 21st century?

True. But you also ramp 4 mana every swing which makes ludicrous amounts of mana.

It's a trade off to be sure, between goodstuff and combo.

>Human - Pirate
>First Strike
>When Dire Fleet Daredevil enters the battlefield, exile target instant or sorcery from an opponenty's graveyard. You can cast that card this turn and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any color. If that card would be put into a graveyard this turn, exile it instead.

Can WotC just fucking print a red snapcaster already?

When's the PrePrerelease?

Like I said, an edh card. Do I really have to explain it to you why this card is unplayable in standard?

Looting, minus the upside of putting cards in the graveyard.

So what's the nickname here. Snapcaster Rage? We gotta have a good one.

Lack of Flash really hurts it.

January 13th-14th

>Implying I was not referring to the other user's mere listing of the tropes as reasons the setting is good as the same mentality as someone who calls things epic for being lol random

>Lack of Flash really hurts it.
On the other hand, first strike is a pretty decent keyword.

Blackcaster Mage

>>have one thing stolen
>>literally go all Nazi Germany on people

Red Snapper

I didn't imply it was good though
It is interesting, nothing more, nothing less

Cute Token
LRR's PrePrerelease you donkey
Snatchcaster Mage

Tiago-chan after HRT

>uncommon

it will never cease to amaze me how designers thought that a card that needs nine mana to do ANYTHING (and dies to one mana the next turn) would be a good card

Fucking garbage

>Essence Scatter w/ additional 1 for a Treasure

Eh. It's a bit underwhelming, but UB Treasure has been in need of some counterspells besides Spell Swindle.

Did they think it was a good card? It might have been intended as just a jimmy card.

It was designed for flavor over function.
On the other hand, this was the same set that gave us Jitte.

Divinity Counters actually had some synergy in the set. Also priced at 8 to 10 mana.

>wotc thinks bad cards are good
>is somehow a surprise

yes tell me

Magic is fucking boring because the good decks brewed never have any cool and relevant themes to them.

For example, you aren't going to see Vampire Conquistador decks. You're going to see some unholy amalgamation of 5 sets with no unified theme beyond the combo(s) the deck was brewed for, with a lame name like R/N control or D/F aggro or some shit.

Magic fucking sucks. I hate you neckbeards. Hearthstone is way more fun.

lackflashter mage

Honestly considering it for my UB pirates deck. I really want a bit of life gain to offset my not-dark confidant.

If you were good at magic and could draft well, all of your complaints would be addressed.

Not him, but it takes until at least turn 7 to flip, which is assuming that you get the different CMC spells you need consistently. You're either throwing away good cards or you're building around the idea that you'll have chaff to throw out. Meanwhile your opponent will be able to do pretty much whatever they want while you gimp yourself.

The only time I can see it working is if you're playing someone who is also more concerned with their own combo than immediately going for you.

In EDH you can get it out turn 1 and chances are other players will ignore you, and will be less likely to have artifact removal

>You're either throwing away good cards or you're building around the idea that you'll have chaff to throw out. Meanwhile your opponent will be able to do pretty much whatever they want while you gimp yourself.
It's called looting, and it's always been a decent effect, user. Even if your deck is only good cards, that still means looting is good.

Why are you making up archetypes?

>hearthstone is better
>the game where one of the best decks is feeding a demon to a gelatinous cube while three voidwalkers in a trenchcoat block the enemy as you turn your gnome into an orc death knight
>or where your combo requires you to play light elementals despite the fact that it also turns you into a priest of the void

Boy hearthstone sure does have far better unification of themes in its decks