Character's goal

>character's goal
>"Become a God"

Is that an appropriate goal for a 4th level character?
What exactly are they supposed to do? Hand out pamphlets that say "worship me"?

>Is that an appropriate goal for a 4th level character?
Yes.
>What exactly are they supposed to do? Hand out pamphlets that say "worship me"?
Hold on, you're just here to shitpost, aren't you. Damn, should have known just by your picture.

Depends on the setting how someone can become a god.

People shouldn't consider divinity until at least level 15 (ot 25 in 4e). Up until that point, the idea that mortals can become gods is too legendary to be believable.

Surely there are enough peasants who would be willing to worship your ability to solve basic math problems.

Yes, but that’s a long-term goal that may take more than the length of the adventure (depending on how far it goes). Just because it’s a character goal doesn’t make it easily achievable.

>Hold on, you're just here to shitpost, aren't you. Damn, should have known just by your picture.

At least you realized your mistake.

Consider the feats that a player character, even at level 4, can accomplish compared to a regular no-player-class-levels shit ass peasant.

Now consider what a PC can do at level 8, level 12, etc.

Could you become an actual capital g, no bullshit God? Probably not without the DM helping you. Could you convince people to worship you and exalt you as a god and live it up on the mortal coil? Absolutely. Even discounting magic a player character could do that without too much issue.

>be a mid level barbarian
>wear your Belt of Giant's Strength to town
>consume a potion of Bull's Strength on the sly
>possibly rage
>grab a cow by its waist and hurl it over the steeple of the church
>"witness mortals and do not cross me. that was only a simple demonstration of my strength, one that did not tax me or even bear making note. i shall show you power more terrible than you can know should you draw my ire"

Boom, Gorlock the Barbarian became a god to the (now dairy free) hamlet and could repeat that act every day across the countryside to spread the word.

>newfag

Embarrassing.

Greek heroes would get deified for doing pretty basic shit. One guy actually ended up with a cult surrounding him just because he was a particularly vicious bandit. After his death, people prayed to him for safety on the road that he had made so perilous, and wound up turning him into a minor deity.

I don't think even all that would let a barbarian lift a cow over his head.

It's fine, user

We don't judge you for having poor taste in waifus. We only judge you for your compulsion to make two pointless threads each day just so you can have your waifus in the OP.

Depends on the character and player. There's nothing inherently wrong with a character having an irrational goal depending on how it's played.

They start a cult. All you need is some social engineering, a plan, and to play the long game, and you can have people treat you like the messiah.

>child's goal
>"Become president"

Is that an appropriate goal for a 4 year old?
What exactly are they supposed to do? Hand out pamphlets that say "vote for me"?

Eh, why not?

>newfag keeps trying

Are you that guy that cries every time you see the Veeky Forums banner?

>Boom, Gorlock the Barbarian became a god to the (now dairy free) hamlet and could repeat that act every day across the countryside to spread the word.
Not when there are ACTUAL gods around who'll probably have him smitten down out of spite if for no other reason.

That shit is adorable and you know it.

Depends on the setting. In pathfinder it could be "train to take the starstone challenge"

Worked for Griffith.

Get a god to recognize them as worthy of promotion/acension to Demigod, then work your way up from the mailroom.

His goal was only to become a king.

If the Dems ran him, he'd have a shot on virtue of "not Trump"
And because he'd have basically no past to dredge up, he wouldn't have the crooked Hillary problem.
And if Trump tries to debate him with his usual style, he'd only lose gave, because it would either end up as "two children have a playground argument" or "wow look, even this 9 year old kid is more mature than Trump" depending on whether or not the kid takes the high road.
If it's a little girl then that limits what he can do even more without backlash even within his own supporters... and would still let them play the "1st woman president" card...

Hmmmm. Maybe they should actually look into this.

This should have /thread a long time ago.

Are gods much like Mystara's Immortals, men ascended to godhood? So one can wish for that.
Is it possible to drain god juice from gods to attain godhood, like Vecna did?

Or go God-King Xerxes, but no homo.

*Lose face
Stop autocorrecting real words to things that don't make sense.

You can't compare that to D&D. In D&D magic is real and monsters are as well, you don't have to make any shit up. It's pretty usual. You have to get some pretty extra feats in there if you want to be considered anything special.

Are you retarded?
Some current Humans try to become gods, depending on system they could be only level 1, if not below.

I suppose that's true, but, the idea of some street urchin child becoming a king and some adventurer becoming a God aren't too dissimilar conceptually. It has happened to a variety of characters in media, and even happens in some of those old D&D novels. It's not an impossible dream.

Depends. Is it possible to reach godhood in your setting?

>Is that an appropriate goal for a 4th level character?
Not for most settings or campaigns, but not because of their level. Because it's usually nonsense.
Even if it's a setting with myth and dogma and apocrypha saying people have become gods or demigods that'd be like saying their goal is to "become the wind."

There's an age limit. Something like 35.

Old Rome had humans becoming gods all the time.

Again, stop comparing real life to D&D. Old Rome didn't have actual Mars and Jupiter running around impregnating ladies and smiting mortals. They had politicians who were very rich.

No, its not even appropiate for a level 20 character

Synthesis of Clarke and Shermer's last laws, sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from divinity.

Those laws are retarded and only brainlets use them

That's a tautology. "Technology advanced enough to be regarded as magic will be regarded as magic." isn't a very smart thing to say.

Do you even know what he's talking about or are you just shitposting.

Yes I know, they are dumb and only work if you are a reductionist idiot who is not willing to admit technology has obvious limits and that magic doesnt necessarily makes more sense the more you prod at it

>Hand out pamphlets that say "worship me"?
That's pretty funny, I might steal that.

>technology has obvious limits

Does it?

4th advancement in apocalypse world is about when you can start thinking about how you want to achieve godhood in the future

>You can't slice a building in half at Level 10+ because that's not realistic.
>Wait, you're using IRL cultures to explain how something has merit? THIS IS D&D IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE REALISTIC FAGGOT!
Protip: Never play with D&Dipshits, under any circumstance.

>their goal is to "become the wind."
Average monk really.

>child's goal
>"Become president"
>Is that an appropriate goal for a 4 year old?
What, are you anti-Philippe user?

>Hand out pamphlets that say "worship me"
Well, I now know what the next bard I make is gonna do.